Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5yfBKWGssw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

precision posted:

i thought the consensus was that Read Only MEmories was kind of really awful after everyone got it for a dollar in that humble bundle the devs "accidentally" submitted the game to

ah, didn't hear anything about that, but I haven't stuck my head in the Steam thread for a while. I can understand people thinking that sentiment though.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Chefsassins Creed

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Idk how anyone doesn't like the whimpy DJ. He has great lines about different quests and legit sounds like some nerd trying to be a radio DJ

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Nasgate posted:

Idk how anyone doesn't like the whimpy DJ. He has great lines about different quests and legit sounds like some nerd trying to be a radio DJ

its kinda like joker in the batman movie with e:micheal keaton where he asks for the mirror but in actuality he doesn't like what he sees

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Nasgate posted:

DJ atomika has you covered

http://youtu.be/PFLHSX4KYCA

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Ekster posted:

I suspect it has more to do with feeling morally superior to other people for not being 'liberal' enough than any real personal conviction.

Most of the people who worked on the game are gay or transgendered. It's a bad game on its own, you don't need to make up a narrative about the developers to justify it.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFBvunP4bps

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 16, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Chefsassins Creed

Dat shadow pop-in.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMEg6mfTfF4

raditts posted:

Dat shadow pop-in.
Gamebryo. Gamebryo never changes.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

Most of the people who worked on the game are gay or transgendered. It's a bad game on its own, you don't need to make up a narrative about the developers to justify it.

Pretty much. The cyberpunk setting is nothing more than mere window-dressing and the plot is pretty uninteresting.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

theultimo posted:

Fun fact: japan is on a recession again

Good time to buy Super Famicom games and shogi sets IMO.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

This is exactly what I was hoping it would be. It reminds me of justin.tv streams before OBS was invented and people started buying audio equipment.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

what are we planning on playing, gamers?

Zestiria calls, plus patches to various games: MGS5, Kerbal Space Program, Final Fantasy 14...

I will have a forever backlog not that I'm a responsible adult, but on the other hand, I will never want for new games, and I have the money to buy them.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

what are we planning on playing, gamers?

Actively working on
New Vegas
Dragon Quest Heroes
Bloodborne ng+
Legend of heroes tails in the sky

i feel like my stall out rate for playthroughs is getting higher this time of year with more games coming out. all of those probably won't last. and holy gently caress next year is like a big game tsunami. good times to be a gamer bad times to finish every game you like.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm going back and forth between fallout 4, overwatch and trails in the Sky. I'll probably hold off on the Bloodborne expansion until next year since I already got a lot on my plate with Devil's Third coming next month.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

okay so it took a total of approx. 6 hours to find a gamebreaking, quest-won't-start/scripting-hosed bug in fallout 4. the fallout 4 thread seems resigned to the game being a literally unplayable piece of poo poo and can't/won't help, so i'll ask here. it's at the part where you have to get into a walled quest hub (i'm assuming) town and you take the SAFE test. when i sit down in the chair like the guy says nothing happens, he just keeps telling me to sit down over and over. if i have to dive into the world of furry tit mods to fix this game i'm out

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

icantfindaname posted:

okay so it took a total of approx. 6 hours to find a gamebreaking, quest-won't-start/scripting-hosed bug in fallout 4. the fallout 4 thread seems resigned to the game being a literally unplayable piece of poo poo and can't/won't help, so i'll ask here. it's at the part where you have to get into a walled quest hub (i'm assuming) town and you take the SAFE test. when i sit down in the chair like the guy says nothing happens, he just keeps telling me to sit down over and over. if i have to dive into the world of furry tit mods to fix this game i'm out

Have you tried talking to him while you are seated?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm playing Bloodborne, Sonic Lost World, Dragon Quest Heroes, Pirate Warriors 3, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Mario Maker and Persona 3 Portable. Also Xenoblade and EDF come out in a few weeks.

I think I might need to slow down a bit...

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

Have you tried talking to him while you are seated?

no, he's too far away. it's supposed to start automatically. the guy sits down at a table and starts looking at papers like the animations are working but the dialogue just loops

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

icantfindaname posted:

are you sitting in the right chair? you need to be sitting across from him at his desk, not on the chair he starts on

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

are you sitting in the right chair? you need to be sitting across from him at his desk, not on the chair he starts on

well now i feel like a jackass

my apologies to the bad bethesda game

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Sleeveless posted:

Now I feel kinda bad for saying what I said. =( Sorry.

Moving on. ADOM is $13.49. gently caress that!! I'll download it for free.

(e: It's free on the website, it's not piracy.)

Electric Lady fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 17, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Electric Lady posted:

ADOM is $13.49

loving lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

Actively working on
New Vegas
Dragon Quest Heroes
Bloodborne ng+
Legend of heroes tails in the sky

i feel like my stall out rate for playthroughs is getting higher this time of year with more games coming out. all of those probably won't last. and holy gently caress next year is like a big game tsunami. good times to be a gamer bad times to finish every game you like.

It's definitely a bad time to be an adult with a job

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm staying in a hotel right now for work and I tried the PS4/Vita remote play for the first time (or at least the first time when I wasn't like a room away) and god dam what a time we live in!

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

precision posted:

loving lol

That's the sale price, too. Are you a bad enough dude to pay fifteen bucks for a roguelike?

Hell, even the steam version of ToME is only like eight bucks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

axleblaze posted:

I'm staying in a hotel right now for work and I tried the PS4/Vita remote play for the first time (or at least the first time when I wasn't like a room away) and god dam what a time we live in!

Wait does this really work? I thought it had to be using the same network or something.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Sakurazuka posted:

Wait does this really work? I thought it had to be using the same network or something.

you can even use it to do local-only multiplayer over the internet if you want

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

no thats xbox's me too solution with windows streaming. vita is world wide if you've got enough wifi signal

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

I had to synch the vita and ps4 before hand but yeah it streams it through the Internet pretty well. It's a tiny bit delayed and the frame rate takes a hit but I played a level of Pirate Warriors 3 and had no problems.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Electric Lady posted:

That's the sale price, too. Are you a bad enough dude to pay fifteen bucks for a roguelike?

Hell, even the steam version of ToME is only like eight bucks.

It's a game that's been around for free for a long loving time and they still offer most of the game for free. Gamer entitlement is ridiculous.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
That's my point though...

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

axleblaze posted:

I had to synch the vita and ps4 before hand but yeah it streams it through the Internet pretty well. It's a tiny bit delayed and the frame rate takes a hit but I played a level of Pirate Warriors 3 and had no problems.

I played a bunch of Destiny when I visited family over the holidays last year through the Vita. It worked well though made me feel bad because I had brought the poison that was Destiny addiction on vacation with me.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Is there a 'ask questions about video games' thread anywhere in this forum? I'm trying to find video of two arcade games whose names I have forgotten.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Cornwind Evil posted:

Is there a 'ask questions about video games' thread anywhere in this forum? I'm trying to find video of two arcade games whose names I have forgotten.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2925708

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
some really awesome gaming responses here today!

i did play more fallout4. i stopped after spending a couple of hours being killed by super mutants, persevering with all my might and slowly taking over a water treatment plant for greygarden bots!

afterwards I tried some Binding of Isaac and the daily and failed big time! Then I died a lot on regular runs and greed runs. thank goodness its fun even if you suck!

tonight I think I might watch some films instead of gaming just to give myself a break. game on, friends!

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

axleblaze posted:

I'm playing Bloodborne, Sonic Lost World, Dragon Quest Heroes, Pirate Warriors 3, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Mario Maker and Persona 3 Portable. Also Xenoblade and EDF come out in a few weeks.

I think I might need to slow down a bit...

have you played the others warriors games? how does pirate warriors 3 compare?

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

VideoGames posted:

tonight I think I might watch some films instead of gaming just to give myself a break. game on, friends!

There are a number of fine films featuring video games - and I don't mean your home movies! Have you seen The King of Kong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Pixels. All the good games are in this movie.

• Locked thread