Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
I've heard that it's supposedly bugged in the PC version, yes. I never really noticed, since I don't look at the monster book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Munin posted:

Btw, is the Heaven's Eye quartz in SC bugged? The description says it should be Eagle Eye and Information but the stats in the monster book are not populating. I am seeing enemies from afar though.

It worked fine on Vita but another (I want to say Yin-Yang) was mislabeled on what it did (said Haze and something, was actually Haze and Heal).

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

davidHalestorm posted:

I am @ Chapter 4 in SC now. These Ouroborous Enforcers motherfuckers... I don't want any spoilers but please tell me you''ll get a chance to kick their asses one by one.

Yes

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Supremezero posted:

I've heard that it's supposedly bugged in the PC version, yes. I never really noticed, since I don't look at the monster book.

The bug is that it doesn't give you the minimap radar blips for monsters like the real Eagle Eye quartz does. The Information side (giving you details on monsters in combat) works just fine; just target something that explodes (like eggers) and you'll see it's fine.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

The bug is that it doesn't give you the minimap radar blips for monsters like the real Eagle Eye quartz does. The Information side (giving you details on monsters in combat) works just fine; just target something that explodes (like eggers) and you'll see it's fine.

You get the information anyway. It's the monster book details that information adds, or so at least I've always thought.

Anyway, I hope it gets patched.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Heaven's Eye, and Information in FC, have always given me the little blurbs about monsters favoring arts or crafts, exploding or casting buffs on death, being dirty calculating sheep, etc. Monster stats have always been a mystery.

I have no idea if they're supposed to do anything else.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Supremezero posted:

To avoid technical spoilers: Yes.

I have gotten to where this is relevant and god drat it owns. :woop:

Also owns: Agate's damage with his ultimate weapon. (linked just in case)

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

davidHalestorm posted:

Also, since Cold Steel coming out next month, for anyone who has played the Japanese version it as well-written Trails in the Sky?

Haven't played it, but somebody in the old thread did a decent-length post on why it's different but still good. It gets trashed a lot by japanese fans/importers, for both plot and gameplay, but from what I remember from that post most of those complaints come down to "it's different so it's bad" rather than "it's just bad because it's bad"*. Guessing that means you can't really judge whether you'll like it or not based on how much you like FC/SC, but it'll probably be inherently less enjoyable if you're wanting/expecting more of the same.

More generally, also hard to say if it'll be as well-written as FC or SC on the english side of things--I imagine a lot of the charm is in the editor. The editor for Cold Steel did a blog post that I'm kind of iffy on, but I'm sure the end result will be fine as long as it's consistent throughout and that did seem to be his primary goal.

* I think it came down to how willing people, individually, were to ignoring the same small issues that every title has had in terms of balance or backtracking or boring conversations in spots. Like some people already hate SC compared to FC because it's less "tidy" and has more backtracking. It's stuff like that, where somebody might've been willing to forgive it when they played SC or FC but not for Cold Steel because the setting/tone/other things are different. You'll be more willing to forgive small things if you like the big picture, but if the big picture isn't to taste you won't.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is there a decent sidequest/full BP guide anywhere yet?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Sakurazuka posted:

This seems to cover all the sidequests

http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/937451-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-sc/faqs/65382

Man I missed a few, especially in chapter 8.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thanks, dunno why I didn't try GamaFAQ's first.

lol I already missed out on max BP by not getting up in the prologue

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

If you're playing on Steam, the Max BP guide is pretty great, but it misses a few things (like warning the timing of the Grancel monster sidequests in Ch.8).

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

theblackw0lf posted:

This seems to cover all the sidequests

http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/937451-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-sc/faqs/65382

Man I missed a few, especially in chapter 8.

By the way, I used that one, and while it appears to be mostly right, it's wrong in one or two places I noticed. All that comes to mind at the moment was that it had one of the answers for the Sunday School quest wrong, and I think didn't bother to mention the bonus BP you could get for the fight with Gilbert. Just said you had to survive the fight to get full BP, but I think you have to actually win.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
That guide is 2 BP short I think.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I've been following this Steam guide for BPs. I can't verify its completeness yet, but it seems good through Chapter 4 at least.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Really Pants posted:

I've been following this Steam guide for BPs. I can't verify its completeness yet, but it seems good through Chapter 4 at least.

I glanced at it and it seems good. I just used the japanese wiki to check BP after I reported each quest and at a glance that guide lines up with what I remember--guessing that's how they made the guide given some of the terminology/translations used.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

I love this franchise.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Ahhh, rendering issues. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Just finished SC. drat, what a ride.

So worth the wait. :unsmith:

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
The second image is the best in all widescreen hacks. P3/4 loved loading character off-screen which is then on-screen with widescreen.

edit: v Sieg gets a good one later, among others.

Decus fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 17, 2015

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

If I run into any more of these, I'll be sure this thread is the first to know.

That being said, Rolent in SC reminds me of Silent Hill 1, or the days of PS1 draw distances.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ys vs kiseki is fun although obviously made pretty cheaply

im disappointed it isn't like, ys seven with trails people as party members like i first though way back when though

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Decus posted:

Haven't played it, but somebody in the old thread did a decent-length post on why it's different but still good. It gets trashed a lot by japanese fans/importers, for both plot and gameplay, but from what I remember from that post most of those complaints come down to "it's different so it's bad" rather than "it's just bad because it's bad"*. Guessing that means you can't really judge whether you'll like it or not based on how much you like FC/SC, but it'll probably be inherently less enjoyable if you're wanting/expecting more of the same.

More generally, also hard to say if it'll be as well-written as FC or SC on the english side of things--I imagine a lot of the charm is in the editor. The editor for Cold Steel did a blog post that I'm kind of iffy on, but I'm sure the end result will be fine as long as it's consistent throughout and that did seem to be his primary goal.

* I think it came down to how willing people, individually, were to ignoring the same small issues that every title has had in terms of balance or backtracking or boring conversations in spots. Like some people already hate SC compared to FC because it's less "tidy" and has more backtracking. It's stuff like that, where somebody might've been willing to forgive it when they played SC or FC but not for Cold Steel because the setting/tone/other things are different. You'll be more willing to forgive small things if you like the big picture, but if the big picture isn't to taste you won't.

Cool, I guess I'll have to withold judgement until it is out. I''ll probably still picked it up since Falcom/Xseed deserves more of my money since i like TitS so much.

Excellent

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

ys vs kiseki is fun although obviously made pretty cheaply

im disappointed it isn't like, ys seven with trails people as party members like i first though way back when though

Is there a fan translation for this?

Also...

My graphics card is poo poo!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Slur posted:

no but you don't really need one. it's pretty straight forward to play in japanese

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Slur posted:

Also...

My graphics card is poo poo!

Nah my graphics card is really good and I get this as well.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Wow, no way am I doing all these fetching sidequests in chapter 4. Especially since I missed the bamboo fishing rod somewhere.

Terminally Bored fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 17, 2015

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
What did you guys do with Estelle in SC? The rest of my party have clearly defined roles for battle but Estelle is still a bit of everything and I don't know if I like it

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Paperhouse posted:

What did you guys do with Estelle in SC? The rest of my party have clearly defined roles for battle but Estelle is still a bit of everything and I don't know if I like it

I shifted her to pure offense. Gave her a Death quartz, the first Ruby quartz and made her as fast as possible. She hits hard and True hurricane has a 20% chance of instant death against any enemy not immune. I might change that to the Strike quartz at the very end of the game because I don't think bosses will care about Death. She hits as hard as Agate now at any rate.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Paperhouse posted:

Lategame for me she shifted to a secondary healer and primary item hurler (she kept Kloe in EP Charges and Joshua and Agate in Tomatrio Sandwiches), with Deathblow 1/Death quartz for freebies.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Ha ha ha, how about a bossfight with four megafuckers with ultra-HP-sucking and blinding attack who can also bring copies of themselves into the fight? They're resistant to everything, too. I loved the story in ch. 4 but fuuuuuuuck whoever designed the fights in this game.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Terminally Bored posted:

Ha ha ha, how about a bossfight with four megafuckers with ultra-HP-sucking and blinding attack who can also bring copies of themselves into the fight? They're resistant to everything, too. I loved the story in ch. 4 but fuuuuuuuck whoever designed the fights in this game.

The final boss fight at the end of chapter 4? By that point you should have the Duende Slippers for whichever person is your primary Arts user (either Schera or Kloe), and IIRC you can still use Agate too, so Wild Rage/Tomatrio Sandwich-powered Final Break spam should take care of everything aside from the one that's immune to physical attacks, which you shell with your Arts user once it's alone.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

The final boss fight at the end of chapter 4?

No, the boss(es) at the end of the Bleublanc's sidequest in Rolent.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Terminally Bored posted:

Oh, right, there is a fight at the end of that isn't there. :shobon: I scarcely remember it, so I can only surmise that it wasn't that difficult.

Then again Kloe with the Duende Slippers and Agate spamming Final Breaks means most things aren't.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Ended up forfeiting this (as well as all the grocery list collection sidequests) and moving on with the story. I'll leave it for the NG+ run.

By the way, are there any bonuses to getting max BP in SC?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

There's the Aura Guard for A-rank (and you basically need max BP to hit A-rank, since max is 382 and A-Rank is 380), but nothing specific for hitting 382, no.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Terminally Bored posted:

I had a shitton of trouble with that particular one, ended up fighting more than double the number of bosses than originally started on the field in a fight that lasted almost half an hour. It apparently comes down to luck as to how soon and how often they feel like summoning copies of themselves - if they don't do it early on, the fight can go really easily. Kind of terribly designed, that.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Terminally Bored posted:

Literally the hardest fight in the game by an absolute mile for me. Most fights were fine, usually enjoyable, but that one was just utter bullshit.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
It's really interesting to hear what other people had trouble with, because I know for a fact that I did that quest and I beat that fight, but I barely remember it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
I had to retry for Leonhardt multiple times. Kept opening the fight with either Demon Flames or Dead Emperor Sword and then his lion buddies and the clones would just eat me alive.

Final Chapter Spoilers ^^^^^^^^^^^

Just beat the game today though. Was absolutely fantastic. Please bring the 3rd ASAP.

Also

Koguma fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 17, 2015