Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

How are you folk even playing a good part of these games? I have an unrooted Bq maxwell plus from a few years back, I have around 200 mb free space and for stuff like Soda Dungeon or that Crossy Road shooter it screams at me on how little space there is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I have a folder on my screen for games, and if its full, then i make sure i delete one to install a new one.

plus, you know, a phone with more than 200mb of spare storage.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

t's a tablet. It's weird that before hand I didn,t have problems installing stuff. Is there a good cache clearer program around?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I used to use AVG Cleaner until one of the newer versions of Android built cache clearing into its storage settings. There's probably better and smaller apps out there.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Nov 16, 2015

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

Busy Bee posted:

I just purchased a Nexus 6P and want to install some games on it for my 10+ hour flight in a few weeks. I checked out the first post in this thread and considering downloading Hitman GO, Monument Valley, Wayward Souls, and Triple Town. Does anyone else have any recommendations on other fun games I can play? I've been hearing a lot about that Neko / Cat game.

Major Mayhem (link) is pretty great. It's basically mobile Time Crisis, and it's free (though I'd pick up the coin doubler if you decide you like it). That, Hungry Cat Picross (link) and Hitman Sniper (link) are probably responsible for around 60% of the total time I've spent playing mobile games over my last two phones.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Kunster posted:

How are you folk even playing a good part of these games? I have an unrooted Bq maxwell plus from a few years back, I have around 200 mb free space and for stuff like Soda Dungeon or that Crossy Road shooter it screams at me on how little space there is.

Some Samsung devices have an issue where the download manager app doesn't clear its cache, resulting in horrific bloat. Might check that, could be a similar problem. It's under the app manager.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Wait how are yout guys going to give tips for soda dungeon without mentioning dinner boy.

If you turn off auto-equip and hire a soda boy on a table with food on it, there is a fairly high chance he will get upgraded to dinner boy. He will have a rare weapon and armor. The armor is meh. However the weapon is amazing. 15 damage, 75% critical rate, and 300% damage per critical. It is one of the best weapons in the game. Hire a full team of them and then fire the useless bastards and hand over the forks to useful team members.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
An average of 37.5 damage with no other bonuses is okay for early levels but it gets outstripped pretty quickly.

e: unless my math is wrong. Is it 48 damage average?

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 16, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just got Healers in Soda Dungeon and I was having issues beating the level 80 boss without them, and now i'm just walking through levels.

If there's one complaint is you really have to spend the dollar to get rid of ads because they're so intrusive.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

YggiDee posted:

An average of 37.5 damage with no other bonuses is okay for early levels but it gets outstripped pretty quickly.

Keep in mind that the damage stacks with inherent class bonuses and relics that boost damage. Could end up pretty absurd pretty quickly if you set it up right.

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011
Is soda dungeon actually really awesome? I've seen so much about it but I haven't downloaded it yet.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Zander13 posted:

Is soda dungeon actually really awesome? I've seen so much about it but I haven't downloaded it yet.

It's a fun idler that tricks you into thinking it's not an idler. Give it a shot, it's free and the only money you need or should spend is $1 to turn off ads.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope I didn't jump the gun in traveling to the next dimension as soon as i possibly could. At least all your tavern upgrades stay, minus the Sodas.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

YggiDee posted:

You have to add equipped items, patron base stats, relics, pet, and in-game modifiers like the one from the Ragezerker to the damage total. Those Forks are a force to be reckoned with in the right setups.

Edit: Quick example, I'm starting my 6th dimension runs right now and I've got Knights hitting for 371 crits with back attacks.

twistedmentat posted:

I hope I didn't jump the gun in traveling to the next dimension as soon as i possibly could. At least all your tavern upgrades stay, minus the Sodas.

Only reason you might not want to go immediately is to pick up enough gold for some non-Ragezerker VIP upgrades, stable pets, and essence via magic well, otherwise you're not keeping anything for future dimensions and the relics are great to have.

SilverMike fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 16, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

YggiDee posted:

If you add in class bonus, demon armor, frost shield, and items it gets crazy. I haven't played in about two weeks, but in dimension 10, I was at 100% critcal and dealing something like 600-700 in the front and break a thousand with back hits.

And fork just got hit with a huge nerf bat. They used to have more base damage, 100% crit, and 600% critical damage making the best weapon by far.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I've only left Soda Dungeon on so I have something to stare at during loading screens in Fallout so I have not interacted with the deeper mechanics at all beyond upgrading the tavern but it's pretty good for that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SilverMike posted:

Only reason you might not want to go immediately is to pick up enough gold for some non-Ragezerker VIP upgrades, stable pets, and essence via magic well, otherwise you're not keeping anything for future dimensions and the relics are great to have.

Yea, it was only the first dungeon so I was not going to be anywhere near enough gold to get any vip upgrades so I'm probably better off now.

And yea, It's great to have on while you do something else. I was doing that with Future Fight but this seems to be a better choice right now.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Shwqa posted:

Wait how are yout guys going to give tips for soda dungeon without mentioning dinner boy.

If you turn off auto-equip and hire a soda boy on a table with food on it, there is a fairly high chance he will get upgraded to dinner boy. He will have a rare weapon and armor. The armor is meh. However the weapon is amazing. 15 damage, 75% critical rate, and 300% damage per critical. It is one of the best weapons in the game. Hire a full team of them and then fire the useless bastards and hand over the forks to useful team members.

So I don't get this at all. I just hire every soda junkie I find at a table with food? Then I click at the bottom to equip poo poo and it won't say soda junkie? And I'll get a cool wepon? I've tried that like 20 times and nothing. Do I need to enter dungeons?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Snowmankilla posted:

So I don't get this at all. I just hire every soda junkie I find at a table with food? Then I click at the bottom to equip poo poo and it won't say soda junkie? And I'll get a cool wepon? I've tried that like 20 times and nothing. Do I need to enter dungeons?

Based on trying it out:

* It has to be a soda junkie, standing behind a table with food on it.
* You have to have auto-equip turned off. I haven't confirmed this but it seems likely.
* The timing doesn't seem to matter, I managed to get one right after dimension-changing before entering the dungeon.
* It'll say 'Dinner Boy' when you tap on him, you don't have to hire them to see.
* Once you've got them in your party their equipment is yours to keep.

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

wall monitor posted:

Based on trying it out:

* It has to be a soda junkie, standing behind a table with food on it.
* You have to have auto-equip turned off. I haven't confirmed this but it seems likely.
* The timing doesn't seem to matter, I managed to get one right after dimension-changing before entering the dungeon.
* It'll say 'Dinner Boy' when you tap on him, you don't have to hire them to see.
* Once you've got them in your party their equipment is yours to keep.

Kitchen needs to be at least level 7 as well.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

hngkong posted:

Ahhhhhh. There's the loving rub. Thanks!

Snowmankilla fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Nov 16, 2015

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

uPen posted:

It's a fun idler that tricks you into thinking it's not an idler. Give it a shot, it's free and the only money you need or should spend is $1 to turn off ads.

This was what got me. I thought it was a casual RPG sidescroller not an idler! :argh: Still it's fun enough so I don't regret turning off ads.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Xtanstic posted:

This was what got me. I thought it was a casual RPG sidescroller not an idler! :argh: Still it's fun enough so I don't regret turning off ads.

For a game like this, it's really just an extended demo with a $1 buy-in, which is perfectly reasonable.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Xtanstic posted:

That's deep dungeon of doom maybe. It's .10 and more of a casual single room at a time rpg.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I like Soda Dungeon because I can ignore it to grind cash and gear, but when doing late levels/bosses it makes sense to take over because the AI is really bad about healing and using abilities wisely.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I'm on reset #4 and I haven't done anything except autobattle.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

YggiDee posted:

Here's some math on the various weapons. (I'm probably missing some.)

There are two situations to consider: the situation where you have noob stats and most, if not all, of your attack power comes from your weapon, and the situation where you have an awesome attack score even without a weapon. For the former, the formula I mentioned earlier for expected damage, (1+cd)a, uses the attack stat of the weapon as a. For the latter, a is so large that any contribution from the weapon is minimal, so we only really need to compare cd.

At early levels, the preferred weapon order (considered solely for DPS) is:
  • Dhronen: a = 45, c = .3, d = 1.5. (1+cd)a = 65.25.
  • Fork: a = 15, c = .75, d = 3. (1+cd)a = 48.75.
  • Kelvium: a = 40, c = .1, d = 2. (1+cd)a = 48.
  • Demon Sword: a = 25, c = .5, d = .75. (1+cd)a = 34.375.
  • Magic Wand: a = 20, c = 0, d = 0. (1+cd)a = 20.
  • Hero Sword: a = 15, c = .3, d = .7. (1+cd)a = 18.15.
  • Katana: a = 13, c = .2, d = .75. (1+cd)a = 14.95.
  • Assassin Dagger: a = 12, c = .5, d = 2. (1+cd)a = 13.2.
  • Apprentice Staff: a = 10, c = 0, d = 0. (1+cd)a = 10.
  • Swift Blade: a = 6, c = .8, d = .6. (1+cd)a = 8.88.
  • Flame Sword: a = 8, c = .1, d = .75. (1+cd)a = 8.6.
  • Battle Axe: a = 4, c = .05, d = 1. (1+cd)a = 4.2.
  • Iron Sword: a = 3, c = .15, d = .3. (1+cd)a = 3.135.
  • Wooden Sword: a = 2, c = .1, d = .3. (1+cd)a = 2.06.
  • Bottle: a = 1, c = 0, d = 0. (1+cd)a = 1.
At later levels, the order shifts:
  • Fork: cd = 2.25 (!)
  • Assassin Dagger: cd = 1.
  • Swift Blade: cd = .48.
  • Dhronen: cd = .45.
  • Demon Sword: cd = .375.
  • Hero Sword: cd = .21.
  • Kelvium: cd = .2.
  • Katana: cd = .15.
  • Flame Sword: .075.
  • Battle Axe: cd = .05.
  • Iron Sword: cd = .045.
  • Wooden Sword: cd = .03.
  • Magic Wand, Apprentice Staff, Bottle: cd = 0.
As you can see, the Fork is an excellent DPS weapon at both early and late levels, so it's well worth the expense of rerolling a few times. If someone wants to contribute stats for other weapons not on my chart, feel free, and I'll add them into this post! I need the ATK up, the chance of a critical, and the bonus damage done by the critical.

FredMSloniker fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 17, 2015

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

hngkong posted:

And specifically, auto-equip needs to be off off not set to "ask".

You can also add them to your party one by one and keep resting to refresh the clientele until you have five of 'em.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Well, apparently the fork is getting a nerf in the future so enjoy it while it's still cool.

Also I'm curious how much those numbers change when you start getting the higher level versions of the regular weapons.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Well, apparently the fork is getting a nerf in the future so enjoy it while it's still cool.

Also I'm curious how much those numbers change when you start getting the higher level versions of the regular weapons.

Haha that last nerf was basically cutting the damage to almost 50% and it was still broken.

Keep in mind that you can get +25% critical from relics and a decent amount from demon armor. It is overkill for the fork so other weapons start being more powerful.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Death of Rats posted:

Major Mayhem (link) is pretty great. It's basically mobile Time Crisis, and it's free (though I'd pick up the coin doubler if you decide you like it).

I've always been a big fan of this game and have played it over 3 devices now. :toot:

And Nthing Soda Dungeon and Deep Dungeons of Doom - that poo poo is fun.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

FredMSloniker posted:

Here's some math on the various weapons. (I'm probably missing some.)

There are two situations to consider: the situation where you have noob stats and most, if not all, of your attack power comes from your weapon, and the situation where you have an awesome attack score even without a weapon. For the former, the formula I mentioned earlier for expected damage, (1+cd)a, uses the attack stat of the weapon as a. For the latter, a is so large that any contribution from the weapon is minimal, so we only really need to compare cd.

At early levels, the preferred weapon order (considered solely for DPS) is:
  • Fork: a = 15, c = .75, d = 3. (1+cd)a = 48.75.
  • Kelvium: a = 40, c = .1, d = 2. (1+cd)a = 48.
  • Demon Sword: a = 25, c = .5, d = .75. (1+cd)a = 34.375.
  • Magic Wand: a = 20, c = 0, d = 0. (1+cd)a = 20.
  • Hero Sword: a = 15, c = .3, d = .7. (1+cd)a = 18.15.
  • Katana: a = 13, c = .2, d = .75. (1+cd)a = 14.95.
  • Assassin Dagger: a = 12, c = .5, d = 2. (1+cd)a = 13.2.
  • Apprentice Staff: a = 10, c = 0, d = 0. (1+cd)a = 10.
  • Swift Blade: a = 6, c = .8, d = .6. (1+cd)a = 8.88.
  • Flame Sword: a = 8, c = .1, d = .75. (1+cd)a = 8.6.
  • Battle Axe: a = 4, c = .05, d = 1. (1+cd)a = 4.2.
  • Iron Sword: a = 3, c = .15, d = .3. (1+cd)a = 3.135.
  • Wooden Sword: a = 2, c = .1, d = .3. (1+cd)a = 2.06.
  • Bottle: a = 1, c = 0, d = 0. (1+cd)a = 1.
At later levels, the order shifts:
  • Fork: cd = 2.25 (!)
  • Assassin Dagger: cd = 1.
  • Swift Blade: cd = .48.
  • Demon Sword: cd = .375.
  • Hero Sword: cd = .21.
  • Kelvium: cd = .2.
  • Katana: cd = .15.
  • Flame Sword: .075.
  • Battle Axe: cd = .05.
  • Iron Sword: cd = .045.
  • Wooden Sword: cd = .03.
  • Magic Wand, Apprentice Staff, Bottle: cd = 0.
As you can see, the Fork is an excellent DPS weapon at both early and late levels, so it's well worth the expense of rerolling a few times. If someone wants to contribute stats for other weapons not on my chart, feel free, and I'll add them into this post! I need the ATK up, the chance of a critical, and the bonus damage done by the critical.

Dhronen is 45 attack, 30% crit chance, 150% crit damage and can inflict burn or sleep. It's replaced the Forks for me whenever I can get them.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

why am i playing this silly "soda" game lol

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

SilverMike posted:

Dhronen is 45 attack, 30% crit chance, 150% crit damage and can inflict burn or sleep. It's replaced the Forks for me whenever I can get them.

At early levels, (1+cd)a = 65.25, better even than the Fork. At later levels, cd = .45, which isn't top tier but respectable. (And of course this only considers pure DPS; a weapon that can sleep is pretty useful!)

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lutha Mahtin posted:

why am i playing this silly "soda" game lol
You have become the soda junkie

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
FUUUUCK my phone got munged up in a near wreck today, I'm fine who gives a poo poo but my DAMNED 26 HOUR SAVE IS LOST :negative:

Oh fuggit I'll reroll on my tab and buy some upgrades. This game is so worth it.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Why do all of my guys do little to no damage, even when I go back to level 1? They either do 0 damage or like, 5 Max. I'm confused.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
It looks like Humble Bundle have retired the regular fortnightly Android Humble Bundle for some reason. The site will still continue to have the occasional mobile bundle however, and Android games will also appear alongside non-mobile games in other bundles. Also you can now find Android game in the Humble Store.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Nov 17, 2015

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Why do all of my guys do little to no damage, even when I go back to level 1? They either do 0 damage or like, 5 Max. I'm confused.

They shouldn't do that little damage, have you made sure to equip them every run? (assuming this is Soda Dungeon you're talking about)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

SilverMike posted:

They shouldn't do that little damage, have you made sure to equip them every run? (assuming this is Soda Dungeon you're talking about)

Yeah man. If it helps, it shows my attack going from 0 to 0 even when I choose different swords. I'm confused.

Edit. My conscript shows 0 dmg
Thief has 4 dmg
Conjurer has 2 dmg.

Dr. Video Games 0050 fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Nov 17, 2015