Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Karl L posted:

The thought of a raid mastery makes me die a little on the inside. I'm already sick of masteries.

In fairness my current expectation is that I'll never be able to do the raid, so I can't really be disappointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Also imagine glowy blue poo poo from leystone that you can't really see due to background there. I still need to get more transmutes and look into what weapon skins I want. Kiiiiinda want leyline weapon skins to go with it but then I'd feel like trying to match my look to them and they're kinda ugly.

Karl L
Nov 9, 2015

I spent money on an image and a few lines of text.

tarbrush posted:

In fairness my current expectation is that I'll never be able to do the raid, so I can't really be disappointed

I don't plan on doing raids either. I won't be too happy if I change my mind and have to grind out some stupid mastery though.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

What, there's no argument happening, just general comments and discussion? Who the hell is arguing?

It's the internet, everyone is arguing, always.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Considering how the rest of HOT has panned out, I expect the raid rewards to be locked behind masteries you need to craft poo poo and will be incredibly expensive and grindy to make. I'm guessing raids will only be worth it if you really want the armor skin.

Then months later Anet will "get it" and pretty much fix everything except for wvw, which they will continually miss the mark on.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

It's the internet, everyone is arguing, always.

No discussions allowed, arguments only until you level up your discussion mastery to tier 4 or higher.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 16, 2015

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Preemptively complaining that you hate new content on a purely theoretical basis.

:allears:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm actually way confused because I remember this announcement said there would be a mastery track for each raid, but the article doesn't say that at all.

So either I'm going crazy and somehow read into that post way too much... or it was edited at some point? IDK.

I would expect raid masteries to be like the fractal masteries: they add extra stuff that makes the content more interesting/deeper but is not required to be successful.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Yeah, the masteries for raids is kind of a thing that they already announced, also you can only level them by killing bosses in the raid.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

ItBurns posted:

Preemptively complaining that you hate new content on a purely theoretical basis.

:allears:
Just the thought of casual goons spending the next 3-4 weeks all up in arms about how prohibitively difficult raids are and how expensive legendary armor will be makes me all giddy.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Let's make sure that anyone considering this game sees nothing but a solid block of 40 posts bitching about how this is the worst MMO on the market.

savagehenry
Jul 20, 2006

unvoiced linguolabial trill

ItBurns posted:

this is the worst MMO on the market

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

ItBurns posted:

Let's make sure that anyone considering this game sees nothing but a solid block of 40 posts bitching about how this is the worst MMO on the market.

Good, then it will fit in with every other MMO thread.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm so triggered by this page

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Libertine posted:

Looks really awesome. Nice!

Thank you! I was reluctant to spend so much gold on the hammer skin but drat if it's not fancy.

klockwerk posted:

This is what I've been using in WvW and PvE on my scrapper:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncTB1ahtbBeeBEqil7ii+0b9aHcBjwAQsg+hcA-TlhAABg8AAuZ/B0U+BpSQAuAAmq+DA-w

Sometimes I switch around a bunch of the firearms traits depending how I feel. You kinda can't go wrong in that trait line.

This build also gives you plenty of Elixirs to stack might with: Elixir H + Toss, Elixir Gun 4 + 5. You can optionally drop Slick Shoes for another Elixir (take S for a great "Oh poo poo" button, take B to start of your terrifying burst). Another elixir also means another elixir toss!

A good easy opener is just taking out your FT, hitting Air Blast, and following it up with a Flame Blast + Detonate.

Cele gear means that you somewhat depend on might stacking to do damage, but it makes that up being nearly unkillable. In PvE and WvW stacking isn't an issue since you can just stand around with your Flamethrower out till you meet an enemy.

Take Mass Momentum in the Scrapper tree for stupid ridiculous might stacks.

Sneak Gyro gives you another lightning field on a short CD. I often switch it out for Mortar for more damage and yet another Elixir.

ItBurns posted:

I have fully cendy zerkers gears on mine with a hammer and HGH build and it falls squarely into the area where you can kill pretty much anything before it hurts you. The only thing that it could improve on is the cooldown on elixirs and the static field.

And thanks for these! I was thinking of going more Soldier gear since I didn't want to be squishy but if it works as well as you guys say then I might as well give it a shot!

I can get some easy berserkers from the temple but how do you get Celestial gear? And what should I spend my laurels on?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

xZAOx posted:

Good, then it will fit in with every other MMO thread.

Really every MMO discussion area on the internet is filled with self-loathing vitriol. It's pretty much impossible to cut through it, but we press on with scant optimism.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!
So anet posted this image on their twitter for their style sale or whatever, but I noticed that kickass rifle that the norn in the middle is using

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CT94ahhWEAEv3wG.jpg:large

Does anyone know what skin that is? I don't recall seeing it in the wardrobe.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Gonna be a week of ad hominems, hyperbole and strawmen argument out the rear end.

Can't wait.

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
Experience works like this:

In WvW you gain WvW experience to acquire loot at rank levels and use points to access useful skills and abilities, such as siege enhancements, and damage bonuses to certain NPCs.

In PvP you gain PvP rank experience to unlock loot/skins/whatever and enhance your e-persona with cool finishers, I guess. All PvP players are masochists and experience is just for rank rewards.

In PvE you gain experience to level up, and upon hitting level 80, you begin accumulating mastery experience. Masteries unlock cool new abilities and skills that allow you to access new content while continuing to unlock new content over an extended period of time.

---

For some reason people can't seem to put this into perspective. I hope this helps.

I'm not saying the execution is right, but that's (I think) what ArenaNet had/has in mind.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Since we're sharing Scrapper builds, I made up a template that should work in any game mode.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAymUUB1aBEqCl7CgGgEA-TxhAABKr+D17P83DAASlgAcBAQWHA2K/AA-e

Blank spots can be filled in with whatever you want, but it doesn't matter much because nothing compares to the traits that are already there. You can probably run Exotic versions of the equipment too until you're ready to pay for the good stuff.

Usage:

TBD

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I haven't gotten to play as a scrapper yet - what existing class/weapon combo do their hammer skills most resemble?

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

whydirt posted:

I haven't gotten to play as a scrapper yet - what existing class/weapon combo do their hammer skills most resemble?

Ranger Greatsword.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Morshu posted:

So anet posted this image on their twitter for their style sale or whatever, but I noticed that kickass rifle that the norn in the middle is using

Dunno what the rifle is but i'm getting a strong Fallout vibe from that screenshot.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

whydirt posted:

It's quite unique.

Skill 2 is a two-hit whirl finisher that reflects projectiles. Skill 3 is a triple leap (yes, triple leap finishers). Skill 4 is a block that simultaneously hits several times in melee, applying vulnerability. Skill 5 is a large lightning field that initially stuns, deals damage and applies vulnerability over its duration. You can combine it with the triple leap for triple daze. All of these skills have very good base damage and power scaling. No condition damage.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 17, 2015

Karl L
Nov 9, 2015

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Ranger Greatsword.

Except less poo poo.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm currently playing my first Guardian and I'm around Level 30. I like doing stuff with Hammers. Is there a decent sPVP 2H Hammer build that comes recommended from anyone that I could tinker with? I'm trying to wrap my head around all of the talents and stuff while I'm leveling but I don't really know much about talent build or stat breakpoints or anything since they've overhauled the game so much since I last played.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Morshu posted:

That's definitely the Pact Fleet Hammer and Pistol skins, but that rifle? Never seen it before, and there's nothing like it on the wiki.

It doesn't look flashy enough to be a Black Lion weapon set. Maybe it's one of the new uniques that was added with HoT?

Karl L
Nov 9, 2015

Maybe it's on of the pre stages to the new legendary rifle.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
I'm almost certain it is a unique skin that can drop from that boss in the raid.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

mesmer_asura.jpg

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
.gif

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Morshu posted:

I'm gonna feel real lovely if it turns out I just bought two expensive pact fleet skins and they bring them back causing the prices to drop. :v:

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
This is what fractals look like when you play a sword/torch berserker

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

It's beautiful. :allears:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I don't really know what's going on here but I like it

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Vault/Bound Daredevil's AoE burst is quite good. I was doing 4~7k crit with Vault and 2~4k crit with Bound. It's not that easy to survive when there're cc and condi pressure, but enemy would drop dead in team fights before they were aware of the damage.

It probably made one 3-men group mad, because they were chasing me around entire game instead of trying to cap and win. I would down 2 of them but didn't have enough hp/initiative/endurance for third one :(

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Aesis posted:

Vault/Bound Daredevil's AoE burst is quite good. I was doing 4~7k crit with Vault and 2~4k crit with Bound. It's not that easy to survive when there're cc and condi pressure, but enemy would drop dead in team fights before they were aware of the damage.

It probably made one 3-men group mad, because they were chasing me around entire game instead of trying to cap and win. I would down 2 of them but didn't have enough hp/initiative/endurance for third one :(

you are doing thief correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°

I don't even have any words.

• Locked thread