Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

this has been a fun weekend of football

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Patriots remaining schedule:
vs Bills
@ Broncos
vs Eagles
@ Texans
vs Titans
@ Jets
@ Dolphins

Panthers remaining schedule:
vs YouLikeThats
@ Cowboys
@ Saints
vs Falcons
@ Giants
@ Falcons
vs Buccaneers

Can't for the 19-0 Super Bowl

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aside from the Pats ending, best week of football all year

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Nuk Hopkins is the truth.

TJ Yates coming in to save the day against the loving Bengals (again, drat near four exact seasons ago) has my mind completely blown and I don't know what the gently caress I am doing with my life now.

Ryan Griffin was definitely the better TE tonight what the gently caress.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
The offense was sloppy and the receiving corp turned in a remarkably bad performance. Several drives that were humming along nicely got killed by stupid penalties or dropped passes that were easily catchable. This team has no excuse for consistently committing formation errors, that's just bad. Also the play-calling was weird. Why didn't they give it to Gio more?

I thought Dalton was fine, personally. I mean not great, but I don't think Bad Andy showed up or anything. He made accurate passes when his receivers got open, seemed calm and didn't do panicky retard things like he has in the past.

I'm not too disappointed, I figured they would lose because this seemed like the kind of game an undefeated team would inexplicably drop for some reason.

Good for you Texans fans. :)

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I was mad but now I'm OK. These things happen. Good job, Texans.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

this has been a fun weekend of football
I watched two games: Packers v Lions and Bengals v Texans.

I'm not sure what I did to deserve that

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

Crazy Ted posted:

I watched two games: Packers v Lions and Bengals v Texans.

I'm not sure what I did to deserve that

whatever it was, do that and then watch the pats for the rest of the season

tia

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

timp posted:

Panthers easily handle their opponent on Sunday.

New England just barely squeaks out a win against their opponent.

Cincinnati is still great but they take their first L of the season.

Gimme that Week 10 No. 1 Panthers Power Ranking :getin:

you don't get to move up by shithousing the Titans

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Ross Angeles posted:

you don't get to move up by shithousing the Titans

just let me dream

*distant panthers roar in the background echoes*

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

Intruder posted:

I'm curious how many people know its origin

His mom gave it to him because Nuk was the only brand of pacifier he would take as a baby

That doesn't make it better.

He still owns tho

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Magicpants posted:

Patriots remaining schedule:
vs Bills
@ Broncos
vs Eagles
@ Texans
vs Titans
@ Jets
@ Dolphins

Panthers remaining schedule:
vs YouLikeThats
@ Cowboys
@ Saints
vs Falcons
@ Giants
@ Falcons
vs Buccaneers

Can't for the 19-0 Super Bowl

Cowboys get Romo back that week :ohdear: it's also on primetime :ohdear: Washington and New York are looking surprisingly competent lately too.

Tyrod is probably the only x factor I can see pulling something out against the pats. Patriots have always struggled against mobile quarterbacks because it's harder for Belichick to cheat and steal signals etc because they're so good at improvising. Cam broke them a few years ago on third downs running the ball from a collapsing pocket. I guess maybe the Broncos defense could do something amazing and pull one out but after that... welp.

I guess though if both teams get through the next two weeks they've both got a legit shot at going 16-0. Never thought I'd be typing that sentence when Benjamin went down.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

timp posted:

Panthers easily handle their opponent on Sunday.

New England just barely squeaks out a win against their opponent.

Cincinnati is still great but they take their first L of the season.

Gimme that Week 10 No. 1 Panthers Power Ranking :getin:

The score doesn't probably show how competitive that game was most of the game :colbert:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
In all honesty I'd be amazed if the Patriots aren't still No. 1 in all major publications tomorrow. Even as a Panthers fan I still feel like we need to do way more to earn a top spot over the Pats so long as both teams remain undefeated

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

BlindSite posted:

Cowboys get Romo back that week :ohdear: it's also on primetime :ohdear: Washington and New York are looking surprisingly competent lately too.

Tyrod is probably the only x factor I can see pulling something out against the pats. Patriots have always struggled against mobile quarterbacks because it's harder for Belichick to cheat and steal signals etc because they're so good at improvising. Cam broke them a few years ago on third downs running the ball from a collapsing pocket. I guess maybe the Broncos defense could do something amazing and pull one out but after that... welp.

I guess though if both teams get through the next two weeks they've both got a legit shot at going 16-0. Never thought I'd be typing that sentence when Benjamin went down.

Cowboys get Romo back this week.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

So Manziel's a lock to start now, right?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

quote:

Taylor Jonathan "Tj" 'TJ DA GOD' Yates is an American football quarterback for the Houston Texans of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Houston Texans in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at North Carolina.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

timp posted:

In all honesty I'd be amazed if the Patriots aren't still No. 1 in all major publications tomorrow. Even as a Panthers fan I still feel like we need to do way more to earn a top spot over the Pats so long as both teams remain undefeated

The lucky escape from Indy was worse than the Pats v Giants IMO. The defensive line getting some players back has helped correct the defensive hole pretty rapidly as instead of them getting weaker against the Titans like was the norm the three weeks prior they got better as the game wore on. Charles Johnson is back practicing too. Can't wait till he's back on the field. Funchess is starting to look like an actual NFL player the last two weeks too.

The team could actually get stronger the next few weeks.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

T.J. Yates : Cincinnati Bengals
Michael Jordan : Cleveland Cavaliers

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
i saw the score and did nothing but laugh.

poor bengals

edit: like i seriously didn't even bother watching because of course the bengals were gonna win.

but then i forgot about PRIMETIME ANDY and welp.

axeil fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 17, 2015

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
AFCN teams should just rotate dropping and signing TJ Yates that whole thing is weird as hell

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

timp posted:

whats gonna be neat is the panthers still being ranked like 3rd after the patriots lose a game.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Why is everyone acting like the Pats barely beating the Giants is proof that the Pats are beatable? The Giants were the last bastion of hope. Elisha used to be our comic foil. The fact that we won proves we have finally achieved perfection. We are unstoppable. We are transcendent.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Apparently Andy Dalton is real life mad that JJ Watt said the Texans made the red rifle look like a red ryder bb gun

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Apparently Andy Dalton is real life mad that JJ Watt said the Texans made the red rifle look like a red ryder bb gun

That makes it even better. I hope players on every opposing team poo poo talks Andy now that we know it actually bothers him.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

i don't get that poo poo. those things have a range of almost 200 yards. be proud

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
lotta pats fans forgetting exactly how that 18-1 season went down.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It'd be really funny if the Pats dropped one to the Titans inshallah

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That makes it even better. I hope players on every opposing team poo poo talks Andy now that we know it actually bothers him.

Who knows, crying made Hines Ward go super saiyan the next week, so you never can tell how emotions are gonna affect a guy

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

It's going to happen

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
If it results in a 4-way tie in the AFCS, I'd be okay with that

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bad Moon posted:

This but with Seattle and whoever they play this week

oh hey look at that

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I didn't get to watch most of the game but congratulations to the Texans, and to the Bengals for such a good start to the season. Hard to get upset about an 8-1 team.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I didn't get to watch most of the game but congratulations to the Texans, and to the Bengals for such a good start to the season. Hard to get upset about an 8-1 team.

Panthers fans agreeing with this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

Panthers fans agreeing with this

yeah, dropping that one to I don't even loving remember at this point was pretty tough at the time, but I feel like the Panthers are in a really good position to go far this season

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Alaois posted:

yeah, dropping that one to I don't even loving remember at this point was pretty tough at the time, but I feel like the Panthers are in a really good position to go far this season

I don't know why I find such a dumb meme amusing but well here we are

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

I don't know why I find such a dumb meme amusing but well here we are

it's the perfect intersection of being completely inexplicable and relatively innocuous yet still manages to rile up hardcore (read: facebook) fans that it's just funny to think about

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

timp posted:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/average-scoring-margin
Patriots have the best scoring margin at 14.9, Panthers are 4th at 8.9. That's reason enough to keep the Pats at #1.

Well that and the Panthers mystery loss. I will blame Ehud

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
LoL

Andy Dalton is such a soft little bitchboy. After JJ Watt said they made "the Red Rifle look like a Red Ryder BB gun"

he said

quote:

"I am disappointed in him for the integrity of this game," the Bengals quarterback said. "I have a lot of respect for him. He's a really good player. And so there's a lot of kids and a lot of people that look up to him. And for him to make comments like that, it just shows that it's acceptable to do that kind of stuff and say that kind of stuff. So I mean, it's disappointing for one of the best players in this league to come out and say something like that.

"I think J.J. is a good player but for him to be one of the best in this league and just show that integrity and show that type of -- you know it shows what he's about, which is disappointing."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Let it be known I'm all for anyone doing what they must to destroy the cult of personality around overgrown boy scout jj watt. Its a shame that one of the first volleys had been fired by the least charismatic man in America, but he's doing his part and god bless him.

• Locked thread