Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

T1g4h posted:

Best part about Fallout 4 so far: Walking up to a group of surprisingly non-hostile raiders in a full suit of power armor, only for them to threaten to kill me if I didn't pay a 100 cap toll. Never change, you idiotic drugged up shitheads :allears:

Have you seen the muthafuggin' USS Constitution? Awesome quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Adiabatic posted:

Hey you.

Yes you, idiot that hasn't signed up for Secret Santa yet.

Go do it.

Only if I get you

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
You fool, you've always had me

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Who hasn't had Adiabatic already? I mean like give him some cleaning spirits and he's on your garage floor spreading his legs.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Can provide own cleaning spirits in bind

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

You fool, you've always had me

don't tease me i'm really sad

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Who hasn't had Adiabatic already? I mean like give him some cleaning spirits and he's on your garage floor spreading his legs.

wait what? thats not how it happened.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I humbly request no one say anything about this to my wife.

He'd want pictures and I was too in the moment to take any.

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's

Adiabatic posted:

I humbly request no one say anything about this to my wife.

He'd want pictures and I was too in the moment to take any.

You unmitigated son of a bitch

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm playing through Fallout New Vegas rn since I apparently bought it back in 2011

I think I started playing it and it frightened me because I'm a big baby bitch and played skyrim instead

Other games that I've started but then booed the gently caress out of: Metro Last Night, Deadspace(?, idk the one where you fight creepy mutant alien monsters on a derelict ship)

I'll probably try MLN after I finish FNV but lil at finishing Deadspace ever

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

why does misery exist

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm playing through Fallout New Vegas rn since I apparently bought it back in 2011

I think I started playing it and it frightened me because I'm a big baby bitch and played skyrim instead

Other games that I've started but then booed the gently caress out of: Metro Last Night, Deadspace(?, idk the one where you fight creepy mutant alien monsters on a derelict ship)

I'll probably try MLN after I finish FNV but lil at finishing Deadspace ever

You probably shouldn't play the Stalker games either if you get scared of videogames.

Dead Space is awesome though and you should nut up and struggle through it. Deal with your fear the spinning sawblade way.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

You probably shouldn't play the Stalker games either if you get scared of videogames.

I want Alien Isolation but I'm a scared man baby :smith:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Things that jump out and surprise you are the loving worst

I don't mind gore, but iirc Deadspace had those torsos that'd flip flop over to you on their hands and oh god make it stop MAKE IT STOP

being 100% honest I still occasionally will wake up from a nightmare full of creatures stemmed from the three hours I put into that game

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

leica posted:

I want Alien Isolation but I'm a scared man baby :smith:

I played it at a friend's house with his surround sound headphones and holy poo poo gently caress that game.

If I played that with an oculus I'd probably piss myself.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Last years ai:ss bummed me out. I spent a good amount of time and effort on it and received something a few weeks after christmas that was clearly a last minute "oh poo poo I forgot ehh cars have rubber on them right here is some rubber." Id almost prefer getting deadbeated.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

You guys make me feel better that the worst injury I had working on cars was slipping with a spanner fitting a towbar, tapping myself on the cheekbone and getting a beautiful black eye out of the deal

Nodoze posted:

rust bunnies

My daughter calls them car crumbles :3:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

mafoose posted:

I played it at a friend's house with his surround sound headphones and holy poo poo gently caress that game.

If I played that with an oculus I'd probably piss myself.

I saw the first Alien movie when I was very young. I had nightmares for years about being stuck on that loving ship and the Alien is looking for me so yeah gently caress that game.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Oh drat it I slammed on the brakes for a cat and now my pedal is going to the floor.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cage posted:

Last years ai:ss bummed me out. I spent a good amount of time and effort on it and received something a few weeks after christmas that was clearly a last minute "oh poo poo I forgot ehh cars have rubber on them right here is some rubber." Id almost prefer getting deadbeated.

I did the yospos one last year and someone sent me a holographic picture of Jesus and a few Dreamcast games

I think I got a Ford shirt and a working on cars for idiots book from the AI one the year before

I'm not doing any this year, mostly because I'm a big selfish jerk and getting my tattoo done instead :3:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Have you ever owned a ford or is that :thejoke:?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cage posted:

Have you ever owned a ford or is that :thejoke:?

Never had a ford, I think it says in that back FIGH HUNNERT HOR'POWR or something?

May be two different shirts now that j think about it, one came in a puck and the other may have as well but is white instead of black?

Idk

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I'm worried about what tattoo you'd get for the $30 AI:SS costs.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Raluek posted:

I'm worried about what tattoo you'd get for the $30 AI:SS costs.

It's the poop emoji

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Tusen Takk posted:

It's the poop emoji

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvaYyYSt-Ic

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

You guys make me feel better that the worst injury I had working on cars was slipping with a spanner fitting a towbar, tapping myself on the cheekbone and getting a beautiful black eye out of the deal

My daughter calls them car crumbles :3:
I was welding from underneath, and got a bit of molten spatter down my ear. Missed my ear drum than god. Still lost half my hearing for a day or so. Now I wear ear protectors if welding overhead.

"Best" bit is you can so clearly hear it sizzling as it fries up ear wax and hairs.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I was awoken at an ungodly hour in the morning to go get certified to use cherry pickers because that's something I'll probably never actually do in my job. Anyway, I always forget how nicely Citroen C5s ride as it's making this usually awful section of road quite tolerable...

The music selection going on from the driver however, is bad. Local radio playing Pink and crappy Jackson 5 club remixes. No.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

wallaka posted:

Have you seen the muthafuggin' USS Constitution? Awesome quest.

Yeah, I just finished that one. It's certainly something. Ironsides :allears:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

MrChips posted:

Late to the party but for me the best mashup is still The Grey Album.

For those of you who've lived under a rock for the last 11 years or are too young to know, Danger Mouse took Jay-Z's Black Album and mixed it with The Beatles' White Album, making something...absolutely magical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeJQh6xjjTc

drat, I am feeling old as hell because I rocked the Grey Album constantly in my first car/97 Seville SLS and I can't comprehend that was eleven whole years ago. Fools laughed at me because it wasn't Terror Squad/Lean Back, but I still think that's a dope track.

Yes, I'm still white as gently caress.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

T1g4h posted:

Yeah, I just finished that one. It's certainly something. Ironsides :allears:

Can I get away with romancing more than one person? That Preston fellow is really annoying me about it. I already sexed up another character though.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

InitialDave posted:

I was welding from underneath, and got a bit of molten spatter down my ear. Missed my ear drum than god. Still lost half my hearing for a day or so. Now I wear ear protectors if welding overhead.

"Best" bit is you can so clearly hear it sizzling as it fries up ear wax and hairs.

That's a pretty good one.

Mine was coolant in the eye. Somehow, it precipitated into crystals and abraded my cornea. Not good times--eyepatch, pirate, worker's comp, etc. Fuckin Dexcool.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Man you guys talking about video cards are making me feel self-conscious about my desktop. :(

To be fair, it's the factory overclocked version of the 650 Ti, and the CPU is overclocked to 4.2 GHz. Between those and the SSD, I haven't really been able to justify spending any money on this thing in ages except for the new external HDD.

88h88 posted:

gently caress people who come into work sick and infect everyone else.

My manager at my last job would bitch you out for calling in sick, then say you're not allowed to come back until it's been at least 24 hours since you had symptoms (so you're forced out for at least 2 days). Oh and you'd better have a doctor's note since his policy is if you miss more than 1 shift you have to have a doctor's note (in addition to calling everyone who works there and trying to get your shifts covered).

I learned it was easier to show up, immediately yak in the bathroom or start blowing snot bubbles out of my nose, and get sent home. Didn't have to spend money on a doctor's visit that way or get my shifts covered.

mariooncrack posted:

I don't have sick days at my current job. I have PTO that can be used for sick days or as vacation time. Kind of encourages me to go to work sick than to stay home.

That's how it was at Whole Foods. I had a love/hate relationship with the policy, but they let you carry it over year to year.

Walgreens has also transitioned into PTO (with a use it or lose it policy), and they also put caps on how many hours you can bank. My stepdad has well over a year's worth of vacation time banked (from before the switch; they also let you roll over unused time before the switch to PTO), along with a few months of sick pay. In 15 years, he's only taken one vacation (2 weeks - used it to redo the front yard with sod), and took a leave of absence when he broke his foot. Even though it happened at work, they made him use a significant chunk of his sick pay. :argh:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Nothing like going to Whataburger for an early breakfast ... and the weather sirens going off while you're sitting in line. :dogstare:

I can't remember the last time there was a tornado warning issued so early in the morning. Radio is saying the worst of it is going to pass to the north of my area, but we're still gonna get some good storms.

fake edit: just as I was about to click submit reply, a new tornado warning was announced... and I have a bullseye on my back. :shepicide:
real edit: good to see TWC's emergency alert system still just shows a linux login screen, but at least it had audio this time.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Nov 17, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Ahhhh VMWare pink screen of death how you made life interesting for an hour there.

Thank the Lord for HA and the fact we run N+2. Still took us by utter surprise as for all VMWare's faults, the cluster has had zero downtime in three years with only individual hosts being updated / patched / upgraded the only time anything has been touched. Looking at power on uptimes, I got some hosts at 4 years without being powered off and those servers according to operations logs have been rebooted three times. Virtualisation has been an utter godsend for IT.

(The main VCentre has 90 hosts, there's another 4 VCentres around the place for the five DC's. Over Christmas we're adding a 90 disk SSD SAN. That should wake a few applications up and take pressure off the spinning rust, then also 10G the main core. We have too much sperated due to the fact even with the hardware, the management only allowed for 1G switches and thence bottlenecks everywhere - also switching the 2 * 4 1Gb NIC's on the main VM hosts to 2 * 4 10Gb NIC's. Some days I'm sure they just dont get how large the DC's really are)

(And TBH I'm wondering if we shouldnt just go 40GB backbone)

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I got the wife an early christmas present. She's been complaining that the magnetic trainer is too easy ever since she got a bike fit and they had a fluid trainer. I got her the jetfluid pro from cycleOps and figured now I can set up my bike on the mag trainer and we can ride together :3:

Behold, the family that cycles together stays together. Also bonus PimPim catte

Hers is the allez, mine's the tribike in the back.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm playing through New Vegas now, enjoying it so not sure why I waited so long. Running around with a bigass hammer just smashing everything. Really tempted to start a second play through with a speech/sneak/lockpick type guy and stick with pistols and rifles. Deadspace 1 and 2 are on the short list of games I bought a while ago and need to play. Got 1/2 way through Deadspace 1 at some point last year then got distracted and busy so I never finished it.

BloodBag posted:

Behold, the family that cycles together stays together. Also bonus PimPim catte

drat that's a nice setup, I should start cycling again.

On the topic of people coming into work sick I'm out today feeling like poo poo. Last week one of the guys I work with was in Monday, out Tues-Thurs and back Friday but still feeling bad. Probably got whatever he was walking around coughing with.

Music mashup type stuff I've been loving this - https://soundcloud.com/theglitchmob/drink-the-sea-part-ii

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I have his training/certification course all week at work and ony two chances to pass the test. My boss said if we don't pass we have to pay him back for the hours wasted and for the cost of the course. Is this even legal? I'll quit before I fork over $500+ for failing a test.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

We have too much sperated due to the fact even with the hardware, the management only allowed for 1G switches and thence bottlenecks everywhere - also switching the 2 * 4 1Gb NIC's on the main VM hosts to 2 * 4 10Gb NIC's. Some days I'm sure they just dont get how large the DC's really are)

Wait, 1G as in one gigabit? That's being used in a loving data center?!

CAT6E can do 10G at reasonable lengths. But I'm pretty shocked your DC isn't running fiber. Yeah it costs a lot more than copper, but (as long as SAC's boss isn't doing the pulls) it's almost upgrade proof, assuming newer equipment uses the same style connectors and duplex runs are pulled.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
sneak and snipe is the only way to play a Bethesda game imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

CAT6A can run like 328' before it's slowed down to CAT6 speeds. We only used fiber and CAT6A at the data center I built.

• Locked thread