Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Tendai posted:

:siren:

FOS•TER•FAIL, FOS•TER•FAIL

:kimchi:

<:mad:>

If we fail, it will all be Monty's fault.

As much as we love him, it's just such a tough call 'cos we want to keep on fostering but it'll be difficult to carry on if we take Butterscotch. There's a lot of cattes out there that need help. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Also, literally difficult to carry Butterscotch.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chili posted:

<:mad:>

If we fail, it will all be Monty's fault.

As much as we love him, it's just such a tough call 'cos we want to keep on fostering but it'll be difficult to carry on if we take Butterscotch. There's a lot of cattes out there that need help. :smith:

What would you need to keep butterscotch and keep fostering?

I'm serious if I can help I will.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Probably more space. More resident cats in a not big place makes stuff harder, plus you're taking care of two cats needs as it is.

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013
We probably shouldn't bully internet people into keeping a cat just because we like seeing pictures of it.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Deport The Irish posted:

We probably shouldn't bully internet people into keeping a cat just because we like seeing pictures of it.

Especially when their reasoning is that they want to be able to help more cats.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Deport The Irish posted:

"Adopters will receive a Something Awful account and a list of cat threads to post in."

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

Base Emitter posted:

"Adopters will receive a Something Awful account and a list of cat threads to post in."

I'm totally down with this. One of my favorite things about fostering is getting that email a week or so later where they tell me about how happy the kitty is in their real home :3:

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.
As long as we get pictures of the next cat all will be well.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Deport The Irish posted:

Eh, we can go easy on them.

I totally get it. I've followed threads before where folks rescue a dog but can't keep it for X reasons, and even though intellectually, I'm OK with it, emotionally I end up really liking the relationship the people have with the animal, which I don't like to see go.

Really, there's no wrong decision here, and while I do appreciate that people would like to help, pet ownership is just that... ownership.

So if we take on Butterscotch it's because we believe that we can provide the full time/cost care for him and could foreseeably foster more animals down the line.

The really nice thing about our situation though, is that until WE find Butterscotch a home, he's ours.

Most of the time, we foster kittens until they hit a certain weight, the SPCA takes them back, and they adopt them out. But with Butterscotch, we will be in charge of making sure he finds a deserving home, that will appreciate him and provide him with the care he needs.

That's a really cool responsibility, and it means we get to take our time. Whether he finds a home with one of our friends, one of you guys, or us, Butterscotch will live a good life, and his story will have a happy ending, and that's what this whole business is about. For now, let's just enjoy him!

You guys get to enjoy him like this:

But I get to enjoy him like this:

:smug:

He may look cross, but I swear he was purring!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I enjoy looking at that big fat cat, but also wish he'd get to a healthy weight. In the meantime though, i have a fat cat to look at. :3:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Chili posted:

Most of the time, we foster kittens until they hit a certain weight, the SPCA takes them back, and they adopt them out. But with Butterscotch, [...]

I'll confess, I was expecting that sentence to continue with "...we do the reverse."

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Chili posted:

I can't get over his gentle, doeful eyes. He's such a beautiful pancake.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Let me introduce my two cats: Major Tom, and Lucy.

Major tom is a bit of an rear end in a top hat (well, he's a cat) and loving loves face rubbings. He is also a pretty big cat, at least twice as big as Lucy, if not more. Lucy is small, and light, and never seems to actually look directly at you. Tom is 3 or 4 years old now, and Lucy about a year younger.
See, where we live, we used to have problems with people dropping cats off, so we had a lot at one time. We pared it on down to just a few, and eventually, it was just his mother, and him. Well, she was still somewhat wild, so she took off with him for a while, came back, got sick and died.
Well, Tom got pretty lonely. Lonely enough that one morning, I stepped outside to find a small, grey, kitten on the back porch. People friendly, and just old enough to eat crunchy cat food. So, either someone tossed a cat, and Ole' tom picked her up, or he went hunting and stole a kitten from somewhere.
I guess she doesn't mind too much, they are pretty inseparable.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Last night five minutes before falling asleep, I found out that my only remaining grandma has liver cancer, and it's quite aggressive. I was planning a visit for the spring anyway (I live on another continent), but now I may have to make an emergency trip in the next few weeks to be able to see her one last time.

Someone post me some dachshunds. :smith:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Chili posted:

That's a really cool responsibility, and it means we get to take our time. Whether he finds a home with one of our friends, one of you guys, or us, Butterscotch will live a good life, and his story will have a happy ending, and that's what this whole business is about. For now, let's just enjoy him!

You guys get to enjoy him like this:

But I get to enjoy him like this:

You're doing good work :unsmith: Either Butterscotch gets healthy and finds a good home thanks to you or he gets healthy and finds one with you, both are awesome and you are good people.

Also you are an rear end in a top hat for taunting us with that last picture.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Could I have some cute little sparrows? There were always a bunch around my favourite Grandma's house. :unsmith:

E: VVV Thank you! :3:

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 11:30 on Nov 17, 2015

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

AlphaKretin posted:

Could I have some cute little sparrows? There were always a bunch around my favourite Grandma's house. :unsmith:

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Drone posted:

Last night five minutes before falling asleep, I found out that my only remaining grandma has liver cancer, and it's quite aggressive. I was planning a visit for the spring anyway (I live on another continent), but now I may have to make an emergency trip in the next few weeks to be able to see her one last time.

I hear that you need some dachshund love.

And a shout-out to BattleMaster:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't have sparrows BUT I GOT BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS AT TENDAI'S BIRD-A-TERIA:

FAT BIRDS

---> fast birds --->

~*flirty birds*~

sneaky birds

BIRDS ON THE GO AT TENDAI'S BIRD-TOPIA.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Tendai posted:

FAT BIRDS

---> fast birds --->

~*flirty birds*~

sneaky birds

I want to go to there.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Anoia posted:

I want to go to there.
Okay well just make an appointment with my secretary

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Tendai posted:

Okay well just make an appointment with my secretary

You have one grumpy secretary.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Tendai posted:

FAT BIRDS

---> fast birds --->

~*flirty birds*~

sneaky birds

Hmm. It seems we CAN prove that they were, in fact, huge fatbirds.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Chili posted:

"Can you not? I was sleeping."

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I had a dream last night that I owned a baby hippo named Beakback.
loving weird.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb_5QlLQQH8
a really heartwarming conversation between father and son in the aftermath of the Paris attacks

Saffronica
Feb 10, 2009
I would love to sink my face into Butterscotch's floof tummy, to hell with the allergic reaction I would get, it would be so worth it.

Charlie has figured out that water is FUN and as well as getting so mad he growls at it.

Also leaping:

http://youtu.be/l4y6IDhMyGs

Charlie has a channel going so if anyone wanted to see him being a nutter you can do any time of the day!

http://youtu.be/l4y6IDhMyGs?list=PLWGmj41lGouT4r-SIfjIAgvnaZF91kicc

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Chili posted:

Butterscotch, apply directly to the forehead face

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Intense, but quick to finish

Drone posted:

Sorry to hear that, man.

Maybe a dumb language joke would cheer you up?

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Norse Code posted:

a really heartwarming conversation between father and son in the aftermath of the Paris attacks

Babies speaking French will never NOT make my ovaries explode. "Les méchants" is also just a really cute way to say bad guys. Oh god I'm crying.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Tendai posted:

FAT BIRDS

---> fast birds --->

~*flirty birds*~

sneaky birds

This is a good post and I appreciate it.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Norse Code posted:

Oh my god. :cry:

Fatbirds are the best. :3:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Norse Code posted:

oh jesus, is someone cutting onions in my office? man...

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

COOL CORN posted:

The comments will definitely make you cry.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

MisterBibs posted:

That'd cure all my headaches for sure. :kimchi:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Speaking of fat birds, anybody got any fancy pigeons? I could use some cheering up after the month I've been having.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Tendai posted:

FAT BIRDS

---> fast birds --->

~*flirty birds*~

sneaky birds

Excuse me, but most of those are obviously birbs. Clearly this means you need to post more of them.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

COOL CORN posted:

Dad holding back tears is what's getting to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I really want to like my girlfriend's super cute Conure, but literally every time he gets out of his cage he flies directly at me and bites my ear or finger. But he's so cuddly otherwise :(.

• Locked thread