Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

kalstrams posted:

if there is one thing im scared about living in america, it's tornadoes

they mostly only strike the extremely bad parts you wouldnt want to live in anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jagchosis posted:

they mostly only strike the extremely bad parts you wouldnt want to live in anyway.
yeah i get it, but it's within the same country, not fantasy books

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

kalstrams posted:

No big deal, just get to an interior and/or basement part of the house and hope the whole thing doesn't get leveled or take a tree to the midsection.

I am mostly annoyed that I am awake now.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

No big deal, just get to an interior and/or basement part of the house and hope the whole thing doesn't get leveled or take a tree to the midsection.

I am mostly annoyed that I am awake now.
oh, so it's not one of these tornadoes that go through your village destroying everything?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Oh wait, back down to tornado watch and storm warning. Much better, back to sleep.

and we totally had some of those tornadoes. One like ten miles west of here, where nobody really lives, and another took out a Haliburton chemical plant, so that is going to be fun for... Houstonians?

"authorities are now attempting to contain the spill of chemicals" and something about radioactive material, wheeeee

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Nov 17, 2015

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
wasnt the halliburton plant up in like the texas panhandle? houston is fiiiiine

tornadoes are scary though. hurricanes are way better.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Swan Oat posted:

wasnt the halliburton plant up in like the texas panhandle? houston is fiiiiine

tornadoes are scary though. hurricanes are way better.

poo poo, you right. Pampa or wherever the hell that is.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

kalstrams posted:

yeah i get it, but it's within the same country, not fantasy books

http://latvianhistory.com/2013/12/06/natural-disasters-in-latvia/

says yall get ternaders too sometimes

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

kalstrams posted:

oh, so it's not one of these tornadoes that go through your village destroying everything?

And not to get too deep because I'm not that well versed but usually tornados are just a severe thunderstorms for most of the area, and some localized twisters that jump and strike pretty randomly. It's nowhere near the same general destruction as a hurricane.

I've been through multiple tornado warnings each year, meaning touchdowns somewhere nearby and can't think of a single time I've seen a funnel cloud

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

kalstrams posted:

don't live in fly-over country

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

well yeah, but i think of "gently caress you, city" tornadoes and not some small vortex hundreds of metres above the land that people take pictures of, there have been a few of those since i was born. also, that article is strange in the sense that no one here does really perceive storms, floods, and freezing rain (as well as hail (somewhere in mid 20th century we, iirc, had pound heavy hailstones ravage bunch of fields and villages)) as natural disasters, just a "such is life" thing

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Nov 17, 2015

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

the_paradigm_shift posted:

And not to get too deep because I'm not that well versed but usually tornados are just a severe thunderstorms for most of the area, and some localized twisters that jump and strike pretty randomly. It's nowhere near the same general destruction as a hurricane.

I've been through multiple tornado warnings each year, meaning touchdowns somewhere nearby and can't think of a single time I've seen a funnel cloud

it depends on the tornado, e.g. the 2011 joplin tornado was extremely deadly, far more than most hurricanes. also hurricanes can cause tornadoes...

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Jagchosis posted:

it depends on the tornado, e.g. the 2011 joplin tornado was extremely deadly, far more than most hurricanes. also hurricanes can cause tornadoes...

Yeah, most of my experience is local and we're technically not tornado alley either iirc

But hurricane systems from the gulf generally means tornadic storms

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
my favorite tornado was a colorado tornado that destroyed large parts of a giant lovely outdoor mall in aurora (as well as permanently destroying a crappy restaurant my sister had been fired from the week previous) and then it raised towards the sky, hopped over a series of townhomes relatively poor people lived in, and then touched down again to gently caress up a neighborhood of giant rich people homes. what a chill tornado.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jagchosis posted:

my favorite tornado was a colorado tornado that destroyed large parts of a giant lovely outdoor mall in aurora (as well as permanently destroying a crappy restaurant my sister had been fired from the week previous) and then it raised towards the sky, hopped over a series of townhomes relatively poor people lived in, and then touched down again to gently caress up a neighborhood of giant rich people homes. what a chill tornado.
it appears to be more self-conscious than some republicans

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Nov 17, 2015

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
no casualties so its perfectly fine to admire the ideologically correct tornado

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Jagchosis posted:

I was going to say best tornado but withheld judgement for this reason alone

Best tornado

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
im also a fan of the st louis tornado that hit the airport there and specifically destroyed the starbucks there with minor damage to the other shops, outside of window damage

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I was going to say best tornado but withheld judgement for this reason alone

Best tornado

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jagchosis posted:

im also a fan of the st louis tornado that hit the airport there and specifically destroyed the starbucks there with minor damage to the other shops, outside of window damage
:five:

though tbf stairbucks was convenient back in germany. one lovely cup of coffee would buy me unlimited wifi

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Nov 17, 2015

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
about to head to the clinic, got my counesling at 10 but i also have a psych eval at 815

so that's a thing im nervous about

pray for dickeye

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

why cant i spell things today

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Quoting for later cuz everyone I know is a loving idiot racist apparently

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Not military but the answer is NASA

Owns lmao

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Literally The Worst posted:

about to head to the clinic, got my counesling at 10 but i also have a psych eval at 815

so that's a thing im nervous about

pray for dickeye

i dont pray and if i did and it worked im pretty sure itd be counterproductive waht do i do

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

tfw you walk to work and then it starts raining when you're fixing to leave

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
Good morning, dadchat. How are you all this fine day?

Swan Oat posted:

i love paramore lol

latest album (the self-titled one from 2013) is actually pretty good. everything before that is bad.

I say this as the resident twee pop fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bPEnio7tuw

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

LoL, I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought of katrina

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rollofthedice posted:

Good morning, dadchat. How are you all this fine day?

latest album (the self-titled one from 2013) is actually pretty good. everything before that is bad.

I say this as the resident twee pop fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bPEnio7tuw

Well now I hate the dice man too

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Got here early enough to park in the alley instead of having to pay on the street. Score

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

spain issued an arrest warrant for netanyahu over shooting people on those rescue ships a few years ago

what an... inquisition

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

viva espana

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

you know i'm finding it hard to rustle up any Care over this video of white people being yelled at in a library

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Literally The Worst posted:

Well now I hate the dice man too

:(

nobody likes me

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

i thought the left cared about safe spaces :smug:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Swan Oat posted:

tfw you walk to work and then it starts raining when you're fixing to leave
mfw it starts raining just as i am about to leave campus on foot

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Swan Oat posted:

i thought the left cared about safe spaces :smug:
what luigi meant is hewgaf if white kids were yelled at by other kids on a street or in the park

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

note to self, idgaf doesn't work well when referring to someone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Jagchosis posted:

• Locked thread