Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Steelion posted:

Man, am I the crazy one here? A friendly E-50 plugs a shell into the side of my O-Ni as I drive around a corner to shoot a tank, kills me, then figures it's my fault for driving in front of him. That seems like a situation where he should have noticed the gigantic loving tank trundling into view at 15 km/h and maybe not clicked.

a higher rof tank like the e-50, even when using mods, can accidentally friendly fire if lag increases at just the wrong moment. So there could be nobody to blame.

but in the badmaps world of wot, there will be a limited number of hard-covered lanes. a single medium should not be dominating any one of them, there should be room for another vehicle to fire simultaneously. SO poor positioning on their part?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
How many people go the SU-14-1 route instead of the KV-2/S-51 route?

Why would they do this

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Some possibilities:

- They are dumb
- They hate fun
- They are masochists
- They are illiterate
- They are noob as gently caress and read some bad advice

I knew a guy who played the poo poo out of the SU-8 because he liked the way it looked. That was it. He liked that it looked like a battleship on land.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

SU-8-dude was doing it right then.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Played the 59-16, seems all right. Zippy, even if the guns don't give me much to be excited about.

Played the T37, got ace tanker the second game with only the engine and radio "upgrade," can already tell its gonna be good.

Played the S-51, lost two 2k+ damage games, won one 600 damage game, i.e. just exactly how I remember this thing.

Eh, I'll make 'em work. The S-51 has a long way to go to make up for my abysmal performance in it last time I bought it.

e: also nobody's on anymore, and solopubbing is a lot less fun :smith:

Steelion fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 16, 2015

MY DEAD GAY FORUM
Jun 3, 2014
Game dead, so what.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

MY DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

Game dead, so what.

nice username

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

LostCosmonaut posted:

I'm about 99% sure the StuG IV has pref mm (it's still worthless).

No, it has regular MM.

It is really bad. Not as bad as the M4 improved though. WG is really racing to the bottom for penetration for premium tanks, I guess in order to make up for all the pen creep over the last three years?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Does anyone have any information on a safe way for me to sell my account? I think I'm done with this bad game and want to cash out before it is completely dead.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Desuwa posted:

No, it has regular MM.

It is really bad. Not as bad as the M4 improved though. WG is really racing to the bottom for penetration for premium tanks, I guess in order to make up for all the pen creep over the last three years?

Don't forget the T-34-85M, a perfectly viable tier 6 tank crippled by the lovely 85mm (the S-53) instead of the good one (the D5T-85BM).

West007
Apr 21, 2013

This x5 event was amazing for grinding a few new tanks but getting all the daily wins I wanted took all day, sometimes it was almost impossible and I'm glad it's gone.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Don't forget the T-34-85M, a perfectly viable tier 6 tank crippled by the lovely 85mm (the S-53) instead of the good one (the D5T-85BM).

T-34-85M's problem wasn't the gun's penetration, it's that the tank was too slow for that gun. The Type 58 does just fine with about the same pen, and the A-43 does well with less than that, but they're both much faster. Really the 85M's pen is pretty typical for its tier.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Steelion posted:

Played the 59-16, seems all right. Zippy, even if the guns don't give me much to be excited about.

The 59-16 is eh in pub games, but in a t6 stronghold meta where everyone runs at least 50% cromwell b's or T37's on every team, the 59-16 with the 75mm autoloader is an awesome thing to behold.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

AlmightyPants posted:

Does anyone have any information on a safe way for me to sell my account? I think I'm done with this bad game and want to cash out before it is completely dead.
does anyone still play HoN?

TheFluff posted:

The 59-16 is eh in pub games, but in a t6 stronghold meta where everyone runs at least 50% cromwell b's or T37's on every team, the 59-16 with the 75mm autoloader is an awesome thing to behold.

yeah, the handling is great for an early autoloader

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
I'm still alive, and for some strange reason decided to start following this terrible game again despite barely playing it anymore. Anyhow, I took some fresh screencaps for the thread of our idol SerB at the Cyprus head office as he was visited by some of the Russian WoT bloggers to talk to WG about the 10.0 fuckup.

Chilling like a baus

Onward to victory over pubbie scum!

My screencaps are from amway921's video in case anyone was wondering (he is the only entertaining Russian WoT video blogger who isnt a raging idiot)

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Oooo, I missed some drama. What 10.0 gently caress up?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Wargaming wanted to introduce +Skill emblems.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I went to check how many downvotes the 10.0 video was up to but it's quietly been removed. I wonder how high (low) it went. This one's from ~Nov 3:

I hear that Storm went on a vacation...

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

They wanted to introduce increased skill effects for emblems, promised reworked physics and couldn't get it done in time, and a whole bunch of minor gently caress-ups. In the end they decided to scrap the 10.0 patch and instead roll out a smaller 9.12 patch.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

JuffoWup posted:

They called the patch RUBICON and then reversed course :laugh:

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

They called the patch RUBICON and then reversed course :laugh:

one for the classicists :smuggo:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
:chord:

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

stephenfry posted:

one for the classicists :smuggo:

I guess their announcement trailer was too pompeyous :rimshot:

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Mr.48 posted:

I guess their announcement trailer was too pompeyous :rimshot:

artillery delenda est :hist101:

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

stephenfry posted:

I, too,
and imitate Kaiser in using the game as a place to be incredibly toxic all the time

I'm kind of loling because I don't quite know how to respond to this.

Maybe I should take up yoga or something.

Anybody else having screen flickering since moving to Windows 10?

KaiserSchnitzel fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 17, 2015

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

tanks yoga

yes, screen flickering on new hardware/dx installs generally. not in battle tho

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I've had screen flickering since the mini-patch and I'm still running Windows 8.1 because :effort:

Luckily it's not too bad, but it tends to really start flickering when I'm running the HD client and find myself in a scrum involving around 5 tanks on each side all shooting at once.

Even then, the game is still playable.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

ZombieLenin posted:

Even then, the game is still playable.

no it's not

everyone should uninstall this game and play this one instead

let's get loving tanked

Man, that was a fun game from way back

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Pocket Tanks is the superior tank game Scorched Earth? what's that?

West007
Apr 21, 2013

How much of an impact does crew have on artillery accuracy? Been playing FV304 and Crusader SP for most of the day and managed to tank my WR by about 0.15%. FV games were fine did lots of damage but still had about 30% win ratio. I managed to research the crusader and had to buy a fresh 75% crew and my god, it can't hit fully aimed shots to save its life, not to mention it seems like it's that day when every bad player plays on your team.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

West007 posted:

How much of an impact does crew have on artillery accuracy? Been playing FV304 and Crusader SP for most of the day and managed to tank my WR by about 0.15%. FV games were fine did lots of damage but still had about 30% win ratio. I managed to research the crusader and had to buy a fresh 75% crew and my god, it can't hit fully aimed shots to save its life, not to mention it seems like it's that day when every bad player plays on your team.

I'm pretty sure that a lovely crew will cause shells to hit the outside of the aiming circle more frequently than a 100% crew, but this might be confirmation bias. Having said that, this replay shows that even having a 100% crew is not enough to prevent fully aimed shells getting thrown off into space.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Also, what is the secret to not completely poo poo up my win rate playing artillery? Feels like I'm either completely useless or my gun doesn't want to hit still targets which is completely useless as well. Better stick to mediums and french auto loaders.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

A pretty cool Radley-Walters + Nichols' Medal in the Fury
http://wotreplays.eu/site/2282359#murovanka-mmkay-m4a3e8_fury

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Prav posted:

Pocket Tanks is the superior tank game Scorched Earth? what's that?

Scorched Earth and Tank Wars. Spent lots of time with friends playing those, and cursing each other obviously. Ahhh...those were the days...

West007
Apr 21, 2013

mmkay posted:

A pretty cool Radley-Walters + Nichols' Medal in the Fury
http://wotreplays.eu/site/2282359#murovanka-mmkay-m4a3e8_fury

Nice game.

Camper, gold noob

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

West007 posted:

Also, what is the secret to not completely poo poo up my win rate playing artillery?

get carried by two guys in real tanks

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

West007 posted:

Also, what is the secret to not completely poo poo up my win rate playing artillery? Feels like I'm either completely useless or my gun doesn't want to hit still targets which is completely useless as well. Better stick to mediums and french auto loaders.

Artillery is like a different game mode because you have to memorize good setup spots that will give you firing arcs to the most important parts of the map. It's also important to predict where the enemy will appear and have shots ready.

One thing that really helps is to not play bad arty pieces. The FV304 is good, for example, and the M12 is really bad.

Welp, that's all I have to offer based on my 400 battles playing skycancer with a 55% winrate. Good luck out there.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

West007 posted:

Play FV304 or Lefh18B2.
In other arty I can sort of manage a 53-55% win rate while playing solo, which is worse than my overall win rate.
Speaking of win rate, having 17k battles and trying to raise your win rate is painfully slow.
Since summer I have raised my overall win rate from 55.8% to 56% while averaging a 60% win rate over last 1000 battles in bad tanks.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I'm really frustrated right now, I've tanked about 0.3% win rate over the last few days while playing at 1700-2000 wn8 which is above my average. Playing mostly regular tanks, t54, 13 90 and doing a few dailies on other tanks t7+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
It happens, other times you will get win streaks where no matter how much you gently caress up your team still wins.

I tend to forget these far faster than losing streaks, which I'll bitterly remember forever.