Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

sharktamer posted:

Pilaf not getting a chance at wishing means it makes no sense why they're children.

It's a joke. Funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

sharktamer posted:

Pilaf not getting a chance at wishing means it makes no sense why they're children.

There are three of them. Three of them were made younger. Three wishes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Covok posted:

Or they made that wish before Kami fused with Piccolo. Ether is fine.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Diabetic posted:

Does any goon here play the Dokkan battle game? It's a nice little puzzle distraction game that doesn't give you Goku or Vegeta right away so it's cool to see other players groups' setup.

ginyu force (link skill) rules

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Covok posted:

They got turned into babies and couldn't vocalize any more wishes.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

So the 5 fighters Beerus sends to face Champa is the Ginyu Force right?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Aurora posted:

So the 5 fighters Beerus sends to face Champa is the Ginyu Force right?

The Super Ginyu Force, obviously.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

StrifeHira posted:

The Super Ginyu Force, obviously.

Consisting of King Vegeta, Captain Ginyu, Nappa, Tarble, and of course, their leader, Yamcha.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pyroi posted:

Consisting of King Vegeta, Captain Ginyu, Nappa, Tarble, and of course, their leader, Yamcha.

It turns out that Champa's 5 man team is the alternate universe counterparts of these guys. All Super Badass like a true Super Ginyu force for the Super Tournament.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-zWd2oSImg

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Kai series 4 is coming to the UK next month, so I get to see Cell again, after all these years.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Sashimi's scouter was swag af

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Well, now that the Beerus fight's over, I'd like to comment on it.

I have to say, I didn't like it very much, no siree. It was arguably the worst fight dealing with a major antagonist in the entire series. The fight just kept dragging on and on and on, with Goku constantly looking like he got defeated, only to return again with some burst of new power.

Now I know what you're thinking. To complain about such a thing in Dragonball is like complaining that it's cold in Antarctica. But there is in fact a difference in how this battle was handled over the way previous major battles were. For example, take the Freezer fight (from the series, not the stupid movie). It's true that that fight (like every fricken fight in DBZ) took 50 -100 episodes to finish, but here's the thing. Over the course of the fight, Goku goes from base form > KaiokenX10 > Kaioken X20 > Spirit Bomb > Super Saiyan. In other words, there was a natural, reasonable progression in strength throughout the battle. We all knew and understood why Goku was getting progressively stronger with each new attack.

Conversely, there's nothing like that at all during the Goku x Beerus fight. The most you could say is that Goku was still learning how to use his god powers, which is fine, EXCEPT that such an excuse works once or twice. But this repeated for at least five different occasions. Each one being just like the last. Beerus overwhelms Goku, provides what appears to be a finishing blow, Goku looks like he's about to die, suddenly remembers he can't let his family and friends down, suddenly gets this upsurge of power, Beerus gets a surprised look on his face, and then all this poo poo repeats four more times. It was just so poorly plotted and directed. Makes me glad it finally finished.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The TV series did draw out Beerus vs Goku a lot more, out of necessity to pad out the series more than anything.

The fight's not so drawn out in the movie, and Goku doesn't really keep pulling out more excuses to drag the fight out so I'd recommend checking that version out if you didn't enjoy this one.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Yeah the last half of the Beerus fight was complete needlessly drawn out dogshit. I hope you enjoyed Super being good and fun for the last few episodes, it's about to become poo poo again.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

sharktamer posted:

Yeah the last half of the Beerus fight was complete needlessly drawn out dogshit. I hope you enjoyed Super being good and fun for the last few episodes, it's about to become poo poo again.

hey man maybe toei won't gently caress this one up

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Enourmo posted:

hey man maybe toei won't gently caress this one up

I wonder what popular five second scene from the movie will be dragged out to the length of half an episode this time

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Giving Vegeta an episode or half of one to beat on Frieza instead of it basically being one punch and then Frieza bitch shots the planet would be a marked improvement. I don't think the Goku vs F part needs extending so when they do so I hope it's inventive at least but Vegeta's part of RoF will be improved by padding.

... So I bet they won't actually do it.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
One episode for the B team

One episode for goku vs. Frieza

One episode for powering up

One episode for SSB goku vs. golden Frieza

One episode for vegeta power up

One episode for vegeta vs. Frieza

One episode for earth cracker plus redo

One episode of G and V working together

The end

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

10 seconds of new plot twist where random mook annihilates Gohan from the get go.

Now's the time for them to commit to the Rocky Frieza training montage. Don't let us down Super.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Frieza training might involve character development.

Clearly the fans aren't interested in that they want to see Gohan get owned

-Toei

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What if you want to see both character development and Gohan getting owned?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The end of the Beerus fight wasn't about Goku discovering a new power as much as him completely learning how to manage god power. The Beerus fight was more like training for Goku than a major antagonist fight, since the whole fight, Beerus was attempting to push Goku to become a worthy adversary for him. Him threatening the planet was just him trying to force Goku to be better and make him actually fight. The show extended that by 30 minutes, but it's still there. That's a huge difference from Piccolo/Vegeta/Freeza/etc. where they were fighting for more than entertainment.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Frieza becoming a million times stronger because he decided to train for a few months was one of the best things about the film, trying to add any kind of explanation would kinda take away from it. Seems super has been doing this a lot, expanding on scenes that just didn't need to be.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I only want to see a training montage for comedy's sake, nothing serious.

Hoodie on, jogging up the steps to space city hall.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

And then blowing it up.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I think we all know what training regime Freeza should be doing.

100 sit-ups, 100 squats, running 10km. Every single day.

If only he had waited two and a half more years before deciding to kill the monkeys...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Set it to a poor-man's rendition of "Eye of the Tiger" and I'm sold.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

visceril posted:

Frieza training might involve character development.

Clearly the fans aren't interested in that they want to see Gohan get owned

-Toei

Well to be fair Toei is actually better at character development sometimes than Toriyama was. Just compare to their rendition of the Gohan in the early Saiyan saga to Toriyama's original manga. It's actually kind of shocking how much of a non-character Gohan was originally, before anime filler could actually characterize him.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

I think we all know what training regime Freeza should be doing.

100 sit-ups, 100 squats, running 10km. Every single day.

If only he had waited two and a half more years before deciding to kill the monkeys...

He never had hair to begin with so he couldn't know when his training was done

Raxivace posted:

Well to be fair Toei is actually better at character development sometimes than Toriyama was. Just compare to their rendition of the Gohan in the early Saiyan saga to Toriyama's original manga. It's actually kind of shocking how much of a non-character Gohan was originally, before anime filler could actually characterize him.

Once in a while they do something to make us love the characters--like showing us how they learn to drive--but I don't think they really know what they're doing and just happen to stumble into goodness once in a while

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Was that scene of Gohan teaching Videl and Goten how to fly Toei or Toriyama because it was super cool and sweet and probably my favorite of the "downtime" bits.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

projecthalaxy posted:

Was that scene of Gohan teaching Videl and Goten how to fly Toei or Toriyama because it was super cool and sweet and probably my favorite of the "downtime" bits.

Toriyama.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Oh. Well then I guess Toriyama isn't a useless back that doesn't understand his own characters 100% of the time.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

toriyama is an old man and a fool because he should have kept videl's pigtails around for longer

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Ruggington posted:

toriyama is an old man and a fool because he should have kept videl's pigtails around for longer

Seems correct.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Take it easy, John Key.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

It's true that that fight (like every fricken fight in DBZ) took 50 -100 episodes to finish, but here's the thing. Over the course of the fight, Goku goes from base form > KaiokenX10 > Kaioken X20 > Spirit Bomb > Super Saiyan.

Actually, didn't he just go base form > Kaioken X 100 (or whatever his max was) > Spirit Bomb > Super Saiyan? I only remember him using Kaioken once during that fight, and it was only for a couple minutes (during which he got one or two good punches in on Frieza) before burning himself out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Nah he initially went x10 and sparred with Frieza for a while before he powered up to 33% or 50% or some such, he got his rear end handed to him for a while, and used the last of his strength to do a x20 kamehameha which burned friezas hand when he blocked it.

At that point he goes into the spirit bomb

• Locked thread