Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

HelloPlatypus posted:

All that hard work... wasted :negative:

That's not wasted. You're 1/4 of the way towards your penguin!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
OBVIOUSLY JUST LOOK AT HER

Nipponophile posted:

I just wanted to be a winner like my mom always tells me I am.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Nipponophile posted:

...oh my god I have to play Lord of Verminion

I forgot to look up how to get that penguin!

Can you farm tournament wins or will I have to like, pay people or something?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

...oh my god I have to play Lord of Verminion

I forgot to look up how to get that penguin!

Can you farm tournament wins or will I have to like, pay people or something?

You only need 10 wins per tournament, so unless you're completely awful it shouldn't be that hard.

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
OBVIOUSLY JUST LOOK AT HER
You get 30 games per tourney and the match making is through the DF so unless you and a friend are the only people queueing there's no real way to farm them besides playing. You only need... 4? tourneys with 10+ wins to get the Penguin.

...but you should be playing anyways because Lord of Verminion owns bones.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Lords of Verminion gives me anxiety because I've always been awful at RTS games.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

(excal)

gently caress YOU, ADDERS. Man this felt good.

Let me guess: instead of trying to actually win, the Flames just humped the Adders' dicks for the entire game?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

tunnel snakes rule

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

(excal)

gently caress YOU, ADDERS. Man this felt good.

If you didn't leave their score at literally zero by match end you aren't loving the Adders hard enough.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mordiceius posted:

Lords of Verminion gives me anxiety because I've always been awful at RTS games.

Yeah as soon as I played the tutorial and realized they somehow got an RTS into an MMO I wrote it right the gently caress off

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

SwissArmyDruid posted:

(Also, other grades of crystals use exactly the same mats, but return better profits. And selling them in stacks of 99 is most assuredly either stupid, or trying to make money off someone's stupidity.)
On the other hand a shitload of things people would be using for glamour is level 1, so grade 1s would likely sell faster.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
dang, im raking in the money, spending hours crafting glamour prisms and listing them in singles across 8 retainers. i am the market master. i need to list in ishgard because of my 2% tax reduction on items that sell for 3k.

i am the market master, brooklyn master

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Can you even quick synth glamour crystals? Or do you have to sit there constantly pressing the button.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
you cannot

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Fister Roboto posted:

Can you even quick synth glamour crystals? Or do you have to sit there constantly pressing the button.

you have to manually synth each one

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

AutoIt script.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah as soon as I played the tutorial and realized they somehow got an RTS into an MMO I wrote it right the gently caress off

Lord of Verminion is the only part of this game I have to play with kbd+mouse to retain my sanity.

Putting the opening tutorial on a 10 minute timer (which can cause you to fail out while fighting the lovely gamepad controls and have to start it over again from the beginning) was kind of a dick move too.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I love vote kick. We were on the last boss as well which makes it even better.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Please tell me the weapon at the end of this Zodiac grind is worth it. I'm only at the Trials of the Braves stage.
I know I've barely scratched the surface, and what I see ahead of me looks like it leads nowhere but tears. :negative:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

TheRagamuffin posted:

Please tell me the weapon at the end of this Zodiac grind is worth it. I'm only at the Trials of the Braves stage.
I know I've barely scratched the surface, and what I see ahead of me looks like it leads nowhere but tears. :negative:

It's an i135 weapon when i210 is the current top end. Whatever benefit they are going to give on the new relic line will almost assuredly be inconsequential or trivial. So either you really want that glamour, or you don't.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Hmmmmmm, nope. As rad as Last Resort Zeta looks, it's nowhere close to worth that many hours of my life if it just ends that far short of the current content.

Might revisit it later if I really want that Z title, though....
(and/or take total leave of my senses)

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

You can skip the first step of Anima if you have a Zeta. Which looks like is atma again

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Having a zeta will probably let you skip the thavnairian mist equivalent step.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Yoshida has been quoted as saying the first step will be skipped by Zeta-havers. Those tokens have never been the first step

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

ilifinicus posted:

Yoshida has been quoted as saying the first step will be skipped by Zeta-havers. Those tokens have never been the first step

When talking about the first step in an interview he also said something to the effect of "If I had a zeta, I would skip it!"

And then he laughed.

:ohdear:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Any ETA on 3.15? Need to figure out how much I need to prioritize my dungeon atma.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
december

if you can get past atma books the rest of it is pretty quick now if you're willing to just sit down and pound it out. since you're not going to be using the weapon for real content, you can just meld whatever is cheap and alexandrite maps give a guaranteed 5 now, you can just muscle it out of the way with poetics if that's your bag. the alexandrite from fate drop rate is still relatively miserable tho.

light farming is a joke now. sastasha unsynced gives 48 light outside a bonus window, 96 in.

zodiac dungeon drops are now guaranteed, and with heavensward crafting gear hqing the 50*** for turnins is far easier. you still need desynthesis for raw materials, and there's no getting around 1600 poetics and 80,000 company seals. if you rush alexandrite right here and mahatmas is where it bites you in the rear end and you'll need to do some hldr/main story roulette grinding.

mahatma farming got the same nerf light farming did, two sastashas will finish a single mahatma. one in a bonus window.

me and a friend started up with nothing a little more than a month ago and really only working on it weekends finished the zeta sunday

oh yeah the easiest way to do it is get a loving buddy because you'll want to kill yourself after doing sastasha unsynced for the 30th time alone

sword_man.gif fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Nov 17, 2015

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

HelloPlatypus posted:

I know your pain:\

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Are queues hosed? I'm not used to having to wait as a healer.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

sword_man.gif posted:

december
oh yeah the easiest way to do it is get a loving buddy because you'll want to kill yourself after doing sastasha unsynced for the 30th time alone

Thanks for the info. I have everything I need but the crafted items. I just wasn't sure if I should continue seeing if L50 roulette RNG throws me into a dungeon I need or just take my l51 jobs and queue up for the specific dungeons. Finished up light last week and soloed DD/AV/Haukke HM on my Scholar to kick that process off but I might as well get some class leveling done with this process.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Ohaio gosiamas >>

there is something thst is really really bothering in this game wich is gil , money in this game for DOW/DOM has no use except for teleport/gear repair and some quests here and there , other than this there is nothing usefull .. the only thing left is the house wich cost tromundos amount of money ! that you naver can make except from DOH/DOL wich is actually as will has no benifet at all , the only tow things those classes make good is dyes and galymour , the gear they make is weak .. they are 11 classes that has no use at all , all gears i can get them fron raids and alex and solederty .. so in short there is no point in leveling them up , they are not even fun to level up . if someone would say you can make stuff like airship parts .. then why 11 classes ? 2 or 3 max ar good .. and the pain when you need to level all of the holy 11 so u can use each one effectvly ! for peple who did level tham up .> what do you do with these classes ? even galymours and dyes can be sold via NPC . and the worset part .. those classes look exactly the same .. exept they change the names and the picuers of the ingrediants .. so .. baiscly its the same class over and over .. and you do the same thing over and over for days and months .. just to make gil ?

here is a simple suggestion that can make gil more easy , gear level up < yes gear level up .. we can level up gear and then sell them on the market .. no materia , no pain .. no 11 to level up , the endgame gear is so powerfull even if you attach tones of materia you will naver get there and its aveilable for everyone , so yes i suggest gear level up from 1 to 10 and we sell them in the market later on , this can make a lot of change in the game > out .

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

ohio christmas

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Tromundos sounds like some kind of gimmick snack food or breakfast cereal.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Technogeek posted:

"...and the pain when you need to level all of the holy 11 so u can use each one effectvly ! for peple who did level tham up .> what do you do with these classes ? even galymours and dyes can be sold via NPC . and the worset part .. those classes look exactly the same .. exept they change the names and the picuers of the ingrediants .. so .. baiscly its the same class over and over .. and you do the same thing over and over for days and months .. just to make gil ?"

I.... never thought of it that way. :suicide:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I never played XI or any other MMO really. For me it's because not using legacy means I've got one potential escape direction where I only move half speed.

I've played tons of MMOs before, but same. Moving at half speed in a direction is dumb. I'll take missing an AA or two per fight over losing a bunch of speed when I want to get out of/into a circle. Then again, I play SCH, maybe it's different for melees.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
meanwhile, on leviathan

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

sword_man.gif posted:

meanwhile, on leviathan

Still the best Sonic gaming experience in 15 years.

:rimshot:

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Holyshoot posted:

GLORIOUS. And world first?

Definitely not world first; server second

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

I love vote kick. We were on the last boss as well which makes it even better.

hah, I had this ast in a DR Aurum Vale. They had a level 38 weapon and let the tank die on three different trash pulls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HelloPlatypus posted:

Are you guys queuing with a friend? I haven't had a single tournament queue pop. Or any pvp queue for that matter.

• Locked thread