Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Badger of Basra posted:

have you never encountered dumb foodies

not that dumb tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Luigi Thirty posted:

Joe Barton (R-TX) says the solution to ISIS is to shut down the Internet

Would literally do a terrorism to get the internet back

Need my human interaction yo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

have you never encountered dumb foodies

*shakes you by the arm* my friend have you tried sprouted spelt

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

Gravel Gravy posted:

This unexpected change makes me believe that this is actually the worst game ever.

I honestly didn't notice until someone pointed it out

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gravel Gravy posted:

This unexpected change makes me believe that this is actually the worst game ever.

Ur wrong

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Gravel Gravy posted:

actually it's good because skill points were kind of dumb tbh

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
jfc dickeye

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

locovore here and yeah, im exactly as obnoxious as you think i am

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
as an LA locovore, i mostly eat asphalt and oranges

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

zoux posted:

locovore here and yeah, im exactly as obnoxious as you think i am

is this someone who eats trains

wait is this the guy that dadchatter went on a date with

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Berke Negri posted:

actually it's good because skill points were kind of dumb tbh

Minor changes frighten me.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

The Warszawa posted:

is this someone who eats trains

wait is this the guy that dadchatter went on a date with

lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is a 6.4 l r/t scat pack challenger outside my building

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gravel Gravy posted:

Minor changes frighten me.

Hug a towel when you turn the game on

Ull be ok

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

from whence is this meal sourced

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I think the dumb foodie thing is on the wane a little in NYC at least. It's not a "backlash" exactly and there are holdouts but I am not hearing / seeing as much dumb stuff anymore.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

pangstrom posted:

I think the dumb foodie thing is on the wane a little in NYC at least. It's not a "backlash" exactly and there are holdouts but I am not hearing / seeing as much dumb stuff anymore.

yeah i think i just worked through the whole thing

i think the new trend is cooking exorbitant meals at home

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
as a Utah native I eat salt and crickets

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

its pronouced keen wah

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

euphronius posted:

Hug a towel when you turn the game on

Ull be ok

I said I don't have the game though.

You really like punching down

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I'm an anal vore

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

oh btw a new poll says 56% of Americans believe Islam is incompatible with America
doesn't surprise me, but still depressing

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

pangstrom posted:

Wasn't there an article about people in San Francisco going on kale crawls through vegan restaurants

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

zoux posted:

thats much much lower than i thought it was
poll: http://publicreligion.org/research/2015/11/survey-anxiety-nostalgia-and-mistrust-findings-from-the-2015-american-values-survey/#.VktZOo-cF6V

quote:

A majority (53%) of Americans say that American culture and way of life has mostly changed for the worse since the 1950s, compared to 46% who say it has changed for the better.

Six in ten (60%) black Americans and a majority (54%) of Hispanic Americans believe that American culture has mostly changed for the better since the 1950s. In contrast, only 42% of white Americans agree, and 57% say that the American way of life has mostly changed for the worse over the last sixty years.

While a majority of independents (56%), Republicans (67%), and members of the Tea Party (72%) say American culture and way of life has gotten worse since the 1950s, only 40% of Democrats agree.

Today, Americans are evenly divided as to whether immigrants strengthen the country because of their hard work and talents (47%) or whether they are a burden on the U.S. because they take jobs, housing, and health care (46%).

By a margin of approximately two-to-one, Democrats are more likely to say that immigrants strengthen the country than to say that immigrants are a burden to the country (63% vs. 32%, respectively).

By a similar margin, Republicans are more likely to say the opposite—that immigrants burden the country as opposed to strengthen it (66% vs. 26%, respectively). Views of Tea Party members do not differ significantly from Republicans overall.

Compared to a few years earlier, Americans report less tolerance when encountering immigrants who do not speak English. Nearly half (48%) of Americans agree that they are bothered when they come into contact with immigrants who speak little or no English, compared to 40% in 2012. More than six in ten (63%) white working-class Americans say they feel bothered when they come into contact with immigrants who do not speak English, compared to 43% of white college-educated Americans.

Americans’ perceptions of Islam have turned more negative over the past few years. Today, a majority (56%) of Americans agree that the values of Islam are at odds with American values and way of life, while roughly four in ten (41%) disagree. In 2011, Americans were divided in their views of Islam (47% agreed, 48% disagreed).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

Wasn't there an article about people in San Francisco going on kale crawls through vegan restaurants

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
God drat is gas cheap! Thanks, Obama!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lol if u think I could get out of the house long enough to do anything

Seriously tho I need the Internet

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

kalstrams posted:

oh. :rip: anyway

nah he's rich enough that he can probably get the super good treatment which makes it so you have an almost a normal life expectancy

http://www.statnews.com/2015/11/17/charlie-sheen-hiv-aids/

quote:

Sheen said he was diagnosed after seeking medical attention for various symptoms, including crushing headaches and night sweats. It’s unclear exactly when he started treatment, but he did say he’s been taking medications; in fact, he said one of his partners took a picture of the drugs and tried to sell them to a tabloid.

His doctor also appeared on the Today show and said Sheen’s HIV viral load has fallen to undetectable levels, which is common when patients respond well to the medication.

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 17, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Literally The Worst posted:

Would literally do a terrorism to get the internet back

Need my human interaction yo

You might wanna bring that up with your therapist, dickeye.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
56% of americans report that theyre stupid bastards, up from 51% this time two years ago

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Luigi Thirty posted:

Haha that has to be supply-side (like the kale/juice/whatever people trying to get people to do that), but I don't know about SAN FRAN. That and Boulder are two places where after awhile I bet I would almost get how it feels like to be a Republican.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"im really just incredibly loving dumb," said Spence Hamish of Tacoma. "like there is no conceivable reason you would ever want to interact with me."

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

if sheen has known for four years about having hiv wouldn't that about line up with his very public melt down and self destruction that landed him being a minor pop culture phenomenon is tiger blood

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

wasn't it the case that a lot of (black) katrina refugees haven't been able to return to louisiana, period

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
hmmm back to iconography I see

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

My Imaginary GF posted:

God drat is gas cheap! Thanks, Obama!

Quick, buy a Challenger!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Gravel Gravy posted:

Quick, buy a Challenger!

how about a camaro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
They are trolling us olds! Except for euph who has embraced them as a brokebrain way to communicate emotion.

They aren't actually picking a picture, right, it's "emoji"? I mean who cares about oxford dictionaries anyway but still.

• Locked thread