Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Trogdos! posted:

Raid patch seems to be out now.

e; 224mb

As someone who plays primarily on mobile data, I appreciate y'all who post patch sizes. Thanks :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
New Plasma Weapon Skins in Gemstore:

Lightsaber

Riot Shield

Pew Pew Rifle

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Nerds are going to lose their minds over the cap on the end of that sword.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Those nerds have never heard of No More Heroes.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Those skins are ugly AF :colbert:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

UchihaHirou posted:

New Plasma Weapon Skins in Gemstore:

Lightsaber

Riot Shield

Pew Pew Rifle

what is this, screenshots for ants?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Ain't nothin' wrong with hotlinked thumbnails.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

The shield is nice. I've caught the shield bug ever since chronomancer came out and there isn't lame rear end aegis to ruin the skins either.

siddy
Jul 27, 2010
So it doesn't seem like they did much in the way of balancing. Most of the skill changes are visual only.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Has the raid been beaten yet

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

One of the new legendaries requirements is having all four non-raid HoT masteries maxed out. Get those sperg caps on!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Generic Octopus posted:

Has the raid been beaten yet

apparently it requires coordination

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Lol apparently the raid has been beaten already. I don't think it's going to be a big deal tbh, for reference the new raid in destiny took 5-6 hours after release.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They're pumping those skins out pretty fast lately.

quote:

Lol apparently the raid has been beaten already. I don't think it's going to be a big deal tbh, for reference the new raid in destiny took 5-6 hours after release.

Took like 7 actually but the very first one Vault of Glass took 15.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Alteisen posted:

They're pumping those skins out pretty fast lately.

- NCSoft Shareholders, 2015

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I like the new skins for engineer, will pick up shield, pistol, hammer, rifle.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Lyer posted:

In the age of "competitive" raiding guilds, you pretty much have to artificially gate the content or people will beat it the first day/week, so no surprises there.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Sounds like Anet produced a fun and accessible raid experience!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Pubbies have patience of a child, after 2~3 attempts on 4th boss they started bailing out :v:

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
I saw nothing about the 100% Map Completion bug. Did I miss something or is this just not going to get fixed for a while?

Axialbloom
Jul 7, 2011

My life is a series of
lapses in judgement.

J3ng4 posted:

I saw nothing about the 100% Map Completion bug. Did I miss something or is this just not going to get fixed for a while?

Anet posted:

Fixed a bug preventing players from receiving map-completion rewards after having achieved world completion. Players will receive missed map-completion rewards either when their character enters the world or the next time they enter the unrewarded map.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-November-17-2015

Under General

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

^^^^^ thanks, glad my new glasses are coming in today!

Axialbloom
Jul 7, 2011

My life is a series of
lapses in judgement.

Lyer posted:

The human female meta is real.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

siddy posted:

So it doesn't seem like they did much in the way of balancing. Most of the skill changes are visual only.

True, but that one Revenant fix is absurdly nice.

Also, the patch notes briefly listed True Shot (rather than Deflecting Shot) as unblockable and that would have been hilariously overpowered.

Axialbloom posted:

The human female meta is real.

Hey, they've got a Sylvari and some minimum height slider Norn in there too!

Edit: Actually those may just be maximum height slider humans. I can't tell.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 17, 2015

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Liberatore posted:

Edit: Actually those may just be maximum height slider humans. I can't tell.

No visible tattoos or cultural armor, may as well be human.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Amante posted:

In the age of "competitive" raiding guilds, you pretty much have to artificially gate the content or people will beat it the first day/week, so no surprises there.

Isn't it hated by wings? I thought the preview mentioned multiple wings that would be released throughout the next few months.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The raid is actually really good. And wipes are almost always because people didn't pay attention to mechanics.

(i still wish anet would learn raid design from destiny though)

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Kes, you think the general goon kingdom will be able to do pick up runs within guild as the raids stand? Or will it devolve into a FF14 style mini cliques? That's the thing I really liked about destiny raids, you could still beat it with a random collection of goons you grabbed off the forums.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's literally nothing about the raid that requires highly specialized roles

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

there's literally nothing about the raid that requires highly specialized roles

Yes but does it require ~*~ASCENDED ARMOR~*~?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's literally no way they can balance it around a 5% stat increase

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

One of the new legendaries requirements is having all four non-raid HoT masteries maxed out. Get those sperg caps on!

Those spiders will never see it coming.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Lyer posted:

Kes, you think the general goon kingdom will be able to do pick up runs within guild as the raids stand? Or will it devolve into a FF14 style mini cliques? That's the thing I really liked about destiny raids, you could still beat it with a random collection of goons you grabbed off the forums.

Goon groups devolving into cliques?

YOU DON'T SAY

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

xZAOx posted:

Those spiders will never see it coming.

Spider farm has been nerfed, map Meta Events are probably some of the best experience right now. Dragon Stand gives a ton but requires a good chunk of time.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Lyer posted:

I think you're basically just going to need some coordination and for people to have actual optimised gear/builds from what I saw when we did the first boss during BWE3. Unfortunately this probably means that it's going to exclude the 'play as you want crowd' as there are some straight DPS checks and specifically some consideration on gear so that everyone has less toughness than whoever is 'tanking'.

The raids aren't requiring specific classes but there's some general roles that I noticed from the first encounter:
  • Tank - although not in the traditional MMO tank and spank sense. This is really more like control than straight tanking since a lot of the time you're not actually trying to stay in melee and damage the boss but you're trying to move it to a better location for the raid. I did this as a Reaper and it seemed pretty well suited for it
  • Boon removal/corruption - one of the mini bosses had a protection boon that needed to be removed frequently or it wouldn't take any damage
  • Mobility - there's a mechanic where at least 4 people had to cluster up around a lightning ball every 10 seconds or so to prevent an AoE damage burst which does more damage the less people are in the circle so you need people who can reliably move around rapidly
  • Healing - there's enough general damage floating around from the lightning orb things and the lightning ball that having someone capable of healing in an area is very helpful, particularly when the boss splits into the minibosses
  • Condition DPS - one of the minibosses is resistant to normal damage and super weak to conditions
  • Power DPS
Obviously you can combine quite a few of these roles together so a Scrapper tank running Rabid gear can help with conditions and a Power-based DPS Revenant that has Mallyx slotted instead of Shiro can help strip boons and is pretty mobile, a Druid in Crusader or Zealot gear can heal the group as required and still contribute damage, etc.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Merc what time are you leading the raid later this week :v:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Oh my gosh I want to try the raid out so bad. I have to ask though, even though this will be heavily skewed since it just came out, what is the time commitment to this first wing? Cause if we're looking at several hours and this is just the first part, then that sucks.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Sprite141 posted:

Oh my gosh I want to try the raid out so bad. I have to ask though, even though this will be heavily skewed since it just came out, what is the time commitment to this first wing? Cause if we're looking at several hours and this is just the first part, then that sucks.

I see no world first claimed in this thread yet.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Mini bosses 1, 2, 3 are piss easy, but the final boss is :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Lyer posted:

Kes, you think the general goon kingdom will be able to do pick up runs within guild as the raids stand?

No.

• Locked thread