Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

UberJew posted:

basically while we have a lot of the blame the house of saud's brutal repression forcing all dissent against their regime into violent extremism (and neighboring countries) is another contributing factor to the region's instability and the rise of AQAP and then ISIS

careful now, with talk like this you'll summon volkerball to talk about how it's Iran's fault that Saudi Arabia are meanies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Tesseraction posted:

careful now, with talk like this you'll summon volkerball to talk about how it's Iran's fault that Saudi Arabia are meanies

Iran really should know its place and quit chanting "death to america"

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

superficially sympathetic to abstract principles and maybe ends, apathetic at best to arguments for urgency or gravity of the issues, likely hostile to proposals that reflect more than a surface-level shift of priorities

more concisely, "super doesn't give a poo poo"

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

The Warszawa posted:

superficially sympathetic to abstract principles and maybe ends, apathetic at best to arguments for urgency or gravity of the issues, likely hostile to proposals that reflect more than a surface-level shift of priorities

did you mean to say university administrators instead of activists

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

zoux posted:

how are they an ally if they are the largest state supporter of sunni terror in the world

Operation
Iraqi
Liberation

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
autistic people feel like interacting is "torture" thus we cannot really call anything torture

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

My Imaginary GF posted:

I recommend "Death to MIGF"

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

I still liked the Houthi's "Death to America, Death to Israel, A Curse Upon the Jews" bit in the middle of their slogan.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Tesseraction posted:

Well something has to come along to act as a counter balance.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

The Warszawa posted:

:captainpop:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

death to mig-F-ica?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Just trap him under a laundry basket with a box of detergent on top.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Badger of Basra posted:

did you mean to say university administrators instead of activists

no but i see how the syntax wasn't as clear as it could have been

when the activists are considering how to act, zoux should be their model for the target of their persuasive efforts (whether that's an administrator or like the media narrative)

basically "imagine how this will work on zoux"

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
tho holy poo poo georgetown kids get it done

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
if you need to get rid of MIGF in a thread you can just put a little wine in some water in a bowl and then put aluminum foil over the top and punch a few holes in it

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Jagchosis posted:

i saw a poll from 11/14 with donald trump at 40 nationally lol. please god make this happen

Free BlackBabyGoku or GBS fighters will begin pledging our votes to Donald Trump.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
as if we needed another reason to get a thread cat

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
deffo don't cry in meetings though

can't believe that has to be said

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

The Warszawa posted:

deffo don't cry in meetings though

can't believe that has to be said

why did they cry

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Badger of Basra posted:

why did they cry

read the article

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

ooo whadja sayyyy

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

The Warszawa posted:

tho holy poo poo georgetown kids get it done
Getting buildings named after slaveholders changed is a little more cut and dry than getting some professors fired over a problematic-but-reasonable-sounding email, to be fair.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

Maoist Pussy posted:

Free BlackBabyGoku or GBS fighters will begin pledging our votes to Donald Trump.

no, this is pretty much what we're hoping for

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

The Warszawa posted:

man this gawker piece from the yale kid is engendering some mixed feelings

like it does a good job of articulating the issues but the image of a bunch of students literally crying in a meeting with administrators does not generate sympathy from me. like i have been in those meetings and if someone started crying my reaction would be "get your poo poo together you are making us look unserious and we have credibility issues to begin with"

but when i was doing that stuff whether the administration felt sympathy was less important than them actually acting on our points of concern

Yale kids are the most servile, self-absorbed piles of poo poo on Earth.

also: lol, Gawker

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

The Warszawa posted:

man this gawker piece from the yale kid is engendering some mixed feelings

like it does a good job of articulating the issues but the image of a bunch of students literally crying in a meeting with administrators does not generate sympathy from me. like i have been in those meetings and if someone started crying my reaction would be "get your poo poo together you are making us look unserious and we have credibility issues to begin with"

but when i was doing that stuff whether the administration felt sympathy was less important than them actually acting on our points of concern

the kids should have walked to the meeting, put a gun down, and told the administrators they could have had silver or lead

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zoux posted:

do the saudis actually and demonstrably support terrorist groups or is that one of those internet things

Besides the us military?

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

pangstrom posted:

Getting buildings named after slaveholders changed is a little more cut and dry than getting some professors fired over an email, to be fair.

that's actually also a yale issue too and they haven't done gently caress all on that

i do like that they the georgetown kids came out with follow ups like "establish a fund equal to the value of the sale of those slaves to benefit the university, adjusted for inflation, for the recruitment and retention of black faculty"

like drat regardless of the substance way to go good hustle

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

pangstrom posted:

Getting buildings named after slaveholders changed is a little more cut and dry than getting some professors fired over a problematic-but-reasonable-sounding email, to be fair.

they're not trying to get the christakis' tenure removed though?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqDr1oGxJ6E

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

"Erase the borders of Israel from commonly accepted political maps!"

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

more like silly man college

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

another way to frame it is the people the US is primarily concerned about being terrorists are not the people that saudi money is generally directly going into, while some saudi individuals may be discretely funding them at the same time

then you add another layer of complexity where saudi arabia is directly funding what we may call terrorists but they're foreign proxy fighters but this again may not be through direct saudi state means

then on top of that saudi wahhabist thought is a big influence for a lot of terrorist ideologies, even though a lot of the big name salafist groups want to destroy saudi arabia

then finally they're our allies because oil and counter balance to iran

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Warszawa posted:

well maybe dont frame your grievances in terms of halloween costumes

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

no, no. you'll never get pageviews with this dreck

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

ZenVulgarity posted:

the kids should have walked to the meeting, put a gun down, and told the administrators they could have had silver or lead

this only works if you can rattle off crazy little details about the administrators' lives and hobbies

god what a good show

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

reminder that the shrieking yale girl recommended the hiring of the Bad and Racist Professor

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

That's a pretty reasonable position from the students

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffFhMaisfy4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

zoux posted:

well maybe dont frame your grievances in terms of halloween costumes

they didn't that's just what everyone looking in centered in on

Maoist Pussy posted:

Yale kids are the most servile, self-absorbed piles of poo poo on Earth.

also: lol, Gawker

gawker is just huffpo with skinny jeans

• Locked thread