Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Let's check what the top rated comment is on a Province article about bear poaching!

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The Butcher posted:

Let's check what the top rated comment is on a Province article about bear poaching!

The Province is a loving rag, I can't remember the last time I'd consider it an actual piece of journalism if I ever did. Not a big surprise it's a cesspool for that kind of comment

vvvv It absolutely is, it's so hosed up, how they harvest things like ivory from rhinos/elephants, etc

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 17, 2015

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
While expressed in a very distasteful way, the poaching of animals the world over for bullshit "traditional Chinese medicine" is absolutely a real problem.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Yeah obviously grinding up animals to release the power of their dongs is retarded and hosed up, I'm more just remarking that being blatantly and publicly racist seems to be coming back into vogue.

Not just online either.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

The Butcher posted:

Canada would be a much nicer country if there wasnt so much white trash

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

The Butcher posted:

Yeah obviously grinding up animals to release the power of their dongs is retarded and hosed up, I'm more just remarking that being blatantly and publicly racist seems to be coming back into vogue.

Not just online either.

Well admittedly the last couple years of government have been tacitly endorsing it so

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

Canada would be a much nicer country if there wasnt so much white trash

Up until the internet happened Canada was really good at hiding these morons away from the global stage. Only now does everyone realize how many pants on head stupid racist idiots actually inhabit the various regions of the country. :smith:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Justin Trudeau has set up traps to catch ISIS agents entering Canada as Syrian refugees.

A Good Cartoon.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Someone was asking about brad wall's election chances

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Furnaceface posted:

Up until the internet happened Canada was really good at hiding these morons away from the global stage. Only now does everyone realize how many pants on head stupid racist idiots actually inhabit the various regions of the country. :smith:

Personally I think it's great. The Internet has giving an easy and quick soapbox for morons and an equally easy means to shame and educate them. When all the idiots can't help themselves but release their inner bigot, it makes it a much easier task to get people on the fence who aren't assholes who the sane people are.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Jesus Christ, someone beat up a Muslim woman picking up her kids from an elementary school a few miles from where I live. I know anti-Muslim hate crimes are on the rise but a mother in front of her small children? That's not even unpersonal and removed like smashing windows, that's full on savagery. :smithicide:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

ManlyGrunting posted:

Jesus Christ, someone beat up a Muslim woman picking up her kids from an elementary school a few miles from where I live. I know anti-Muslim hate crimes are on the rise but a mother in front of her small children? That's not even unpersonal and removed like smashing windows, that's full on savagery. :smithicide:

And then there is this poo poo too

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

Someone was asking about brad wall's election chances

Yeah let me get this from the previous canpol thread around september:

Odobenidae posted:

So this is a thing:

http://www.ndpcaucus.sk.ca/new_democrats_call_for_a_guaranteed_basic_income_pilot_project

Don't know how much of a chance they have at regaining power because as of now they're literally running out of space to fit the sask party into the room.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

ManlyGrunting posted:

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/4144T7/sh/f5IDu8

Yeah, I have to read the nice comments and kindly back-and-forths between the Peterborough Mosque-goers and the community in this comment section to get the bad taste out of my mouth. Hopefully similar outpourings of sympathy and support will follow this incident. :unsmith:

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Don't worry. With trigger discipline like that, he'll shoot himself in the foot long before he manages to shoot anyone else.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
What's wrong with these loving people?

I mean, I'm pretty drat anti-Islam and pro-military-intervention as many folks in this thread will recall, but this stuff is just lunacy, and people who are attacking Arabs/Muslims are loving crazy.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Back to Beerchat. I'm in Regina on business and ended up at some place called Bushwakkers and wanted something that goes down like water so they brought me something called Cheryl's Blonde and its yummy.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

EvilJoven posted:

Back to Beerchat.

NO. BAD.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
But real news is terrible and depressing :(

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

THC posted:

NO. BAD.

Well if the last dragon said so then we better get working on new excuses fellow leftists!

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Bruce Leeroy was the Last Dragon, that dude is just a pretender.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

I swear that people are getting more and more divorced from reality. At least PM Trudeau seems to be clear that our military involvement against Daesh will continue in some capacity, and also that we will continue to accept refugees. Unfortunately it may spell doom for his political career down the road (unlikely, given this is the very beginning of his first term mind you) as he's managing to piss everyone off to some degree.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Can these poo poo heads just come out and admit that they're Nazis and they want our government to do to Muslims what the Nazis did to the Jews? I know :godwin: and all, but shut up with this "national security" dog-whistle poo poo and come out and straight up say you want the state to murder citizens you don't like.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Whenever anyone criticized the previous government's policies: "Loony lefties with Harper Derangement Syndrome, they'll criticize anything Harper does, even the weather is Harper's fault to these hysterical granola munchers, blah blah"

Two weeks into PMJT's term and he's already hard at work, erasing our heritage and stealing our precious bodily fluids.

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 18, 2015

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
My father fought in world war 11 - it was terrible. Much worse than the previous nine.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So, dude with a concealed knife got arrested on the hill outside Centre Block.
Now with link

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Leofish posted:

Can these poo poo heads just come out and admit that they're Nazis and they want our government to do to Muslims what the Nazis did to the Jews? I know :godwin: and all, but shut up with this "national security" dog-whistle poo poo and come out and straight up say you want the state to murder citizens you don't like.

A fun new game I came up with today is when you hear Right Wing politicians talk about how they're planning to refuse refugees, replace what they're saying with "I want to see young children and women die in horrible ways"

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

The new more respectful sunnier conservative party ladies and gentleman

Yes, because fearmongering worked so well in the election

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

As if the UNHCR doesn't already screen them. And the CPC knows this. gently caress these clowns.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Hey Bunny, here's an idea for the Liberals:

Aside from the "they're all secret terrorists" opposition to the refugee crisis, people are also saying, "help real Canadians first."

Can we get JT to vastly improve the social safety net and say, "Yo, there you go, helping the poor and hungry in Canada."

Mostly because I want to see everyone who got mad about not doing that get mad about doing that.

brucio posted:

As if the UNHCR doesn't already screen them. And the CPC knows this. gently caress these clowns.

Right wing talking point is that the UN has been completely taken over and compromised by Muslims so any refugees that have been screened were screened by daesh sympathizers, so we can't trust the UNHCR.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

At least that member of the official opposition had a basic grasp of English grammar:

:psyduck:

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Remember when Harper pushed through all his lovely policies saying he had a mandate to do so?

JT campaigned on letting in 25,000 refugees... Now hes doing it.

You could almost say he had a mandate...

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

crowoutofcontext posted:

At least that member of the official opposition had a basic grasp of English grammar:

It's like there's a short-circuit in her brain on that last tweet. What the gently caress?

Luckily this is a moron MP, and not the talented actress of the same name, who in all likelihood is much less of a horrible person.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Leofish posted:

Hey Bunny, here's an idea for the Liberals:

Aside from the "they're all secret terrorists" opposition to the refugee crisis, people are also saying, "help real Canadians first."

Can we get JT to vastly improve the social safety net and say, "Yo, there you go, helping the poor and hungry in Canada."

Mostly because I want to see everyone who got mad about not doing that get mad about doing that.

Right wing talking point is that the UN has been completely taken over and compromised by Muslims so any refugees that have been screened were screened by daesh sympathizers, so we can't trust the UNHCR.

I've had a lot of people on my Facebook claim that no one here cares about the homeless so I've suggested we raise taxes to ensure everyone is provided with the most basic housing and then they can work to buy something better than that. Sure gets them angry about "handouts". Guess they don't care about the homeless either.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

I always find it amusing when internet morons think refugees or other immigrants should just set foot in Canada and instantly and instantly 'integrate' and act like someone who has been here for generations as if that's a thing that's ever happened.

Like what do they think their loving ancestors did? My grandfather was a displaced person from rural Lithuania with a whopping three years of formal education. When he came here he was prejudiced as hell, like Borat levels of racism.
But he started a family and got a steady job and through that met people of other races and religions and over time he became much less so. But it didn't happen overnight. We're talking decades here. And he never entirely lost those beliefs, but they didn't pass on to my mother because she was born here and grew up in a welcoming, more inclusive society. I don't see why I should expect a ton more "effort to integrate" from Syrian refugees than was expected/happened with my own family. It'll happen, it'll just take a few decades like it always does.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

crowoutofcontext posted:

lmao yeah spending time with small business will make you understand lovely grammar.*

*note: it actually will.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I don't see why I should expect a ton more "effort to integrate" from Syrian refugees than was expected/happened with my own family. It'll happen, it'll just take a few decades like it always does.

Oddly enough, all the immigrants from the Levant I've ever met have integrated into Canadian culture really, really quickly. Again, I don't think most of the people freaking out have ever met anyone from Syria or that general area of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

vyelkin posted:

lmao yeah spending time with small business will make you understand lovely grammar.*

*note: it actually will.

Guess that would be a good place for her to start then huh