Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I, JackMann, Hereby oath the following 5 greatswords from the Warhammer Empire Greatswords box - 28mm Games Workshop

Okay, long time goon, first time oather. Hoping I'm doing this right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I, Uroboros, oath 4 Terminators for November.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, oath 30 grots, 3 slavers, and a squig for November

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath Lord Arbiter Hexeris and Xerxis the Fury of Halaak, Skorne warlocks (30 and 120 mm respectively) from Hordes for November!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, do oath one harvest skeleton dudething!
From Reaper, 28mm

Signal fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Nov 4, 2015

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
For November, I, Electric Hobo, oath 4 soldiers and 2 wizards. From Northstar, CP Models and Reaper.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Hi everyone! I'm not dead, I've just been very busy, sorry for not popping in and stuff. I'll invite you all over for tea and biscuits, one by one (or in small, well-mannered groups if you insist) and I'll get around to the Oaths and photo albums in the next couple of days - please carry on painting and if anything comes up with your Oath I'll ask in the thread!

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I oath 6 Cataphract Ceterati from Skorne for Warmahordes.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

krushgroove posted:

Hi everyone! I'm not dead, I've just been very busy, sorry for not popping in and stuff. I'll invite you all over for tea and biscuits, one by one (or in small, well-mannered groups if you insist) and I'll get around to the Oaths and photo albums in the next couple of days - please carry on painting and if anything comes up with your Oath I'll ask in the thread!

Is your email up to date? Tried emailing you about my prizes. Don't need them now but would like to get my grab bag reserved before it gets snagged.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Crazy busy month, and I really hope I can get some terrain done later this month. For now, I oath these 5 Dark Eldar Warriors from GW. 28mm.

BobFish
Jan 16, 2004

Believe: The Sequel - This time it really will happen
For November I, BobFish, being of sound mind Oath 6 Skeletons

Made by Mantic, 28mm.

I'm not sure how long it will last but I am going to attempt to only play Dungeon Saga with painted models. Wish me luck!

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I, Arson Fire, oath to paint a Tyranid Harpy/Crone in the month of November
Games Workshop, 28mm

Trying to magnetize this kit was a huge pain. There are so many little cosmetic bits which differ depending on whether you assemble it as a harpy or a crone.
In the end I just glued on the cosmetic parts for the crone. I only magnetized the head, wings, arms, and tentaclid missile things. I'll be playing it as a crone most of the time anyway.

Arson Fire fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 6, 2015

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath for November: Kirai and Ikiryo (Wyrd, 32mm) on Cool Mini or Not bases and twenty-four War of the Roses bowmen (Old Glory, 25mm)

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Oiran (Ten Thunders, Malifaux, Wyrd) and one Nothing Beast (Outcasts, Malifaux, Wyrd) for November.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Got my prize brush set and weathering powders in today! Thank you!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath four Crusaders, one Pit & Grave, one ruined tower and one broken statue. Crusaders kitbashed from GW miniatures, the terrain pieces are from THMiniatures. Everything is 28mm.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of October, 1 privateer press Cygnar Hunter Light Jack

Ledgem posted:

OATHING: One soda pop miniatures Super Dungeon Explore dracula!

Aim here is to finish within 24 hours for speedpainting and also because this month has been so busy and will continue to be that it's all the time I've got.

nesbit37 posted:

Looking for some clarifications on November's jurnal. Having some issues trying to properly plan for this one.

For the leaves, is it like the skulls that they need to be 2D painted or is painting modeled leaves fall colors acceptable as part of this?

Similar question on the harvest fest part of the theme. How much of it is sticking with the oranges and yellows mentioned in the main line for November vs. doing some sort of harvest festival activity?
The leaves can be either 2D or 3D molded leaves, for the harvest festival thing, do whatever theme you like from any culture's harvest festival, doesn't have to be European/American style harvest festival.

Raphus C posted:

I Raphus C Oath 3 Boyz, 28mm GW

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of October one Malifaux Seisin

It's a ghostly spirit, and my Kirai crew is black and white (with a splash of red) so it should be perfect for the challenge.

I didn't realise my bf's keyboard was so grosssssssss
large paint brush and compressed air really help with that :P

Crab-Stuffed posted:

Long-time fan, eager to contribute! Good luck everyone!

Alright, let's do 'dis... !

I, Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms oath these 10 Nyss Hunters from Privateer Press for the month of November:
Welcome to the Madness!

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of November:

One Medusa with Triton-X dropship for Dropzone Commander, 10mm scale by Hawk Wargames
Four Neverborn from the Malifaux Two Player Starter Set, 32mm scale by Wyrd Miniatures.

drgnvale posted:

Apparently I didn't learn my lesson last month, because I, drgnvale oath for the month of November 42 mantic skeletons:

LordAba posted:

I, Lord Aba, pledge for November more Super Dungeon Explorer schtuff from Soda Pop 28?mm chibi scale (1 Witch Beatrix, 1 Pumpkin dude, 6 ghosts)
Free hand leaves / skulls incoming.

nesbit37 posted:

I, nesbit37, oath for the month of November 1, 28mm birch tree giant by Shadow and Flame, 7, 28mm Bugbears in Bones, and 96, 10mm, rohan infantry and archers by copplestone casting.

Pierzak posted:

I, Pierzak, oath the following:

2 Guilangs, 3 Daofei, 1 Foxtrot - all Corvus Belli/Infinity
5 resin alien egg markers - I think by Thor Miniatures
Your Oath appears to have a Polish time stamp, needs to be American Samoa - but I'll let it slide this time as I can't really judge anyone for missing a detail like that at this point! Just remember to post by midnight Amerian Samoa time on the last day of the month, you'll get valuable extra hours!!

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter Herby oath the following 4 Guild guys from the Malifaux starter set - 28mm Wyrd Games.

JackMann posted:

I, JackMann, Hereby oath the following 5 greatswords from the Warhammer Empire Greatswords box - 28mm Games Workshop

Okay, long time goon, first time oather. Hoping I'm doing this right.
You're all good! And welcome!

Uroboros posted:

I, Uroboros, oath 4 Terminators for November.

SRM posted:

I, SRM, oath 30 grots, 3 slavers, and a squig for November

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath Lord Arbiter Hexeris and Xerxis the Fury of Halaak, Skorne warlocks (30 and 120 mm respectively) from Hordes for November!

Signal posted:

I, Signal, do oath one harvest skeleton dudething!
From Reaper, 28mm

Electric Hobo posted:

For November, I, Electric Hobo, oath 4 soldiers and 2 wizards. From Northstar, CP Models and Reaper.

counterspin posted:

I oath 6 Cataphract Ceterati from Skorne for Warmahordes.

Uroboros posted:

Is your email up to date? Tried emailing you about my prizes. Don't need them now but would like to get my grab bag reserved before it gets snagged.
Yes, I have 3 prize emails I have read but not answered yet, I'll be separating out the prizes real soon and posting them in the next couple of weeks.

Germ posted:

Crazy busy month, and I really hope I can get some terrain done later this month. For now, I oath these 5 Dark Eldar Warriors from GW. 28mm.

BobFish posted:

For November I, BobFish, being of sound mind Oath 6 Skeletons

Made by Mantic, 28mm.

Arson Fire posted:

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint a Tyranid Harpy/Crone in the month of November
Games Workshop, 28mm

Trying to magnetize this kit was a huge pain. There are so many little cosmetic bits which differ depending on whether you assemble it as a harpy or a crone.
In the end I just glued on the cosmetic parts for the crone. I only magnetized the head, wings, arms, and tentaclid missile things. I'll be playing it as a crone most of the time anyway.
Welcome to the joys & pains of magnetizing!

moths posted:

I, moths, oath for November: Kirai and Ikiryo (Wyrd, 32mm) on Cool Mini or Not bases and twenty-four War of the Roses bowmen (Old Glory, 25mm)

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Oiran (Ten Thunders, Malifaux, Wyrd) and one Nothing Beast (Outcasts, Malifaux, Wyrd) for November.

JerryLee posted:

Got my prize brush set and weathering powders in today! Thank you!
:)

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath four Crusaders, one Pit & Grave, one ruined tower and one broken statue. Crusaders kitbashed from GW miniatures, the terrain pieces are from THMiniatures. Everything is 28mm.

OATHS ACCEPTED!

Many many apologies for not getting to these all sooner, I had a very busy few weeks and just couldn't set aside the time for getting to all these.

Hopefully I've answered all the questions as needed and didn't miss any Oaths!

In exchange for everyone's patience, I have a SPONSOR UPDATE!

First of all, my contact at Prodos Games has left Prodos and I don't know if we'll be able to have their support this year for the Grand Prizes. However, Wargames Tournaments have stepped up and I'm able to fill the space left by Prodos with much of the loot that Wargames Tournaments have sent us.

I'll post pictures soon, but I have 3 (heavy) boxes of sweet sweet MDF terrain from Wargames Tournaments, which I've been able to sort through. One box is their Necromunda terrain set, which will constitute a prize on its own. This one goes for £50 on its own, I believe.

There's also a ton of other things like random armor panels (think Orky armor, ranging in size from 1x1cm to 3x4cm or so), industrial towers and other things, that will constitute another prize pack. There may be enough to make a third prize pack but I want to make sure the second prize pack has enough to make a good amount of terrain. Retail value for this may end up being more than the Necromunda type terrain because of the amount of stuff in it!

I think that catches everything up...I'll be out of town for all of next week but I should be able to get online and pop in.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for the Month of November
8 scratch-built unit bases for Kings of War (3x Large Infantry Hordes, 2x Infantry Regiments, 3x Individual of various sizes) to fit an assortment of Wrath of Kings miniatures.

All currently primed brown.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I, JerryLee, oath to paint one Pumpkin Horror by Reaper

The "horror" part isn't on-theme this month, but it should still have enough fall/harvest flavor for the challenge. :buddy:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath for the Month of November
8 scratch-built unit bases for Kings of War (3x Large Infantry Hordes, 2x Infantry Regiments, 3x Individual of various sizes) to fit an assortment of Wrath of Kings miniatures.

All currently primed brown.

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint one Pumpkin Horror by Reaper

The "horror" part isn't on-theme this month, but it should still have enough fall/harvest flavor for the challenge. :buddy:

Oaths Accepted!

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I, jodai, do oath these: 3x Neoterran Bolts, 1 Swiss Guard, 1 Aquila Guard and 1 Hexas, all Corvus Belli (28mm)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete

This is a fine, upstanding citizen out doing his Harvest work for the Journal. I'm going to be gone for the rest of the month, so I had to get it done quickly.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

jodai posted:

I, jodai, do oath these: 3x Neoterran Bolts, 1 Swiss Guard, 1 Aquila Guard and 1 Hexas, all Corvus Belli (28mm)

Oath Accepted!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oath Complete! Well, since I don't exactly know my holiday schedule I've gotten this month done quick! Claiming November Challenge and Backstory Achievements.

The gang all together.

Pumpkins and Jackolanterns are totally November. October? Never heard of it!

Ghooooosts. Spoooky for November! Pacman? Never heard of it!

Red and brown leaves freehand! Tramp Witch stamp? Never heard of it!

Now a happy Backstory!

quote:

Deneb the Witch loved fall. One early autumn she decided to take a stroll through the nearby village, to reflect on what she loved about the season.
"The weather!" she exclaimed, shooting a cool breeze out (that ended up as a tornado).
"The leaves!" she shouted with joy, turning the leaves of a tree into brilliant shades of yellows and red (which just as quickly turned into rotting, poisonous mush).
"The loneliness..." she muttered as she noticed all the doors and window shuttered and locked. Her head lowered as she continued her walk. However...

Yes! At the end of the lane was a young boy crying in the street, clearly abandoned. The witch knew his sorrow, and quickly took him by the hand.
"You are lonely, just like me. Come, let us go to my place and I will take care of you. We can play and feast and give thanks!" she said, perking back up.

Skipping back to her place hand in hand with the boy the witch had another thought on her love of fall. "The Pumpkins!!" she giggled, whirling about as magic flew from her fingertips. "And... Jack-o-lanterns!" she laughed as she plunged the knife in the boys head.
The witch knew she would never be lonely again as the first Jack-o-lantern knight was born.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Dec 2, 2015

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I got a box of Relic Knights!

PRIZE RECEIVED! Thanks LordAba! These guys look like F-Zero and Captain Harlock teams, so I look forward to figuring out what goes to where!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

moths posted:

I got a box of Relic Knights!

PRIZE RECEIVED! Thanks LordAba! These guys look like F-Zero and Captain Harlock teams, so I look forward to figuring out what goes to where!

No problems! I think three of the bikes might not have riders because of general kickstarter fuckups. If I find the bodies and/or arms I'll let you know, but they can make good practice pieces.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

For November I Oath 4 plastic models from Zombicide, by CoolMiniOrNot. In particular: Kim, Shannon, Phil and Amy.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For November, Galaspar oaths one Thunder Warrior

He's a heavy kitbash of GW parts. You can't see him too clearly there due to the contrast with the screen, so here he is:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I, Indolent Bastard, Oath 3 Mantic Ghouls 28mm and 1 Confrontation Starter Set - Dragon Altar Terrain Piece.

FYI, the Ghouls are not partially painted but rather a failed attempt at zenithal priming.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Galaspar posted:

He's a heavy kitbash of GW parts. You can't see him too clearly there due to the contrast with the screen, so here he is:

For as much as GW is bad and should not be given money--particularly as it concerns AoS--this is a really cool use of these diverse parts, and I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.
For November I, Lord Thrust, oath one 28mm Forgeworld Sonic Dreadnought.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Going to make an oath addition.

1x Ultramarine Devastator Sergeant with all weapon options.
5x ultramarine Devastators magnetized for all weapon options.

This sprue resulted in my first hobby wound, put a small centimeter long and deep cut in my thigh like a jackass...

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Did you scalpel your own leg?:ohdear:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Uroboros posted:

Going to make an oath addition.

1x Ultramarine Devastator Sergeant with all weapon options.
5x ultramarine Devastators magnetized for all weapon options.

This sprue resulted in my first hobby wound, put a small centimeter long and deep cut in my thigh like a jackass...

Buy a cutting mat.

And.

Use it.

And.

Pointy slicey bits pointed away from you at all times. Your leg is not a cutting mat.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Oath Completed

I'd add on something else for the remainder of the month but honestly that big guy took a lot out of me and I'm still not at all happy with it. I think I need to step away from painting for a bit.

head58 posted:

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

Buy a cutting mat.

And.

Use it.

And.

Pointy slicey bits pointed away from you at all times. Your leg is not a cutting mat.

I wasn't using my leg to cut on, but it was still silly. The new plastic sprue seems a bit stronger than the old one and I was likely putting way to much force into trying to cut.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:orks:OATH COMPLETE!:orks:

And all 34 of them together. Batch painting will be the death of me:

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Galaspar posted:

Do you run Kitbash Carnage on Facebook?

head58 posted:

I'd add on something else for the remainder of the month but honestly that big guy took a lot out of me and I'm still not at all happy with it. I think I need to step away from painting for a bit.

Did you use many washes on this? Because it looks freaking awesome at this distance, but on the guy it looks a bit...bright?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Uroboros posted:

Did you use many washes on this? Because it looks freaking awesome at this distance, but on the guy it looks a bit...bright?

You know, it wasn't until I read this that I realized I actually didn't do the blue wash on the dude, just on the rhino (he's sitting on a pin so he can be removed for storage, and also because he's into that). I did the nuln oil on the gold and silver but forgot to shade the blue with whatever the blue wash is called. I think I was just super frustrated and tired by that point. Ah well, once more unto the breach...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

If you are using GW it would be Dragonoff Nightshade, I like it, but god drat if having to put like 5 layers or more of white on something gets really annoying.

• Locked thread