Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

GrandpaPants posted:

Looking forward to him learning about himself through his Facebook status updates.

He tweets, and then reads them from top to bottom...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Waffleman_ posted:

I liked Chappie. :shobon:

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Chappie is an unironically great movie.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Chappie owns

Thank god, I thought I was losing my drat mind because it seemed like I was the only one if The Internet Popular Opinion was anything to go by.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Chappie owned.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

The trailer for this insanity came out today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0VDveYwbuU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

rawillkill posted:

The trailer for this insanity came out today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0VDveYwbuU

Looks fun as hell and what Clash of the Titans should have been.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
This is the same CineD that loves Transformers movies, Prometheus, and Man of Steel.

So for anyone who hasn't seen Chappie and just wandered in, it actually sucks a whole lot and CineD is very bad at opinion having.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

This is the same CineD that loves Transformers movies, Prometheus, and Man of Steel.

So for anyone who hasn't seen Chappie and just wandered in, it actually sucks a whole lot and CineD is very bad at opinion having.

False, but keep beating that drum.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
As we all know, there is but one Objectively Correct Opinion (OCO) about any given movie. Clearly Chappie is terrible. :smug:

(Chappie is a loving blast.)

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Should I watch Chappie?

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
Yes, it's a lot of fun, but the first 15 minutes of exposition drags aren't really needed and drag like poo poo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Not that I disagree, but you know drat well that opinion isn't going to go over well here. CineD would praise amateur Race War snuff films as long as it had a megathread breaking down the shot composition frame-by-frame to make bad writing seem intentional. "Narratives? Who needs that when you can read visual storytelling? :smug:"

Mister Chief posted:

Should I watch Chappie?

If you like pretty pictures utterly wasted on a blandly serious Short Circuit reboot, go nuts.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Of course. It's a funny, cool little movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

mind the walrus posted:

Not that I disagree, but you know drat well that opinion isn't going to go over well here. CineD would praise amateur Race War snuff films as long as it had a megathread breaking down the shot composition frame-by-frame to make bad writing seem intentional. "Narratives? Who needs that when you can read visual storytelling? :smug:"

Man, you're having such a tough time.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Any movie that has 31% on rotten tomatoes and 41% on meta critic has got to be good.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

mind the walrus posted:

"Mean old CineD isn't the clubhouse for me!" *hangs out for literal years passive-aggressively whining about the situation*

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
*Runs into CineD, trying to make words out while out of breath* YALL HAVE BAD OPINIONS

*leaves*

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Man, you're having such a tough time.

:allears: Isn't it pretty to think so?

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

"Mean old CineD isn't the clubhouse for me!" *hangs out for literal years passive-aggressively whining about the situation*

And yet I'm not wrong. Isn't that cute?

MacheteZombie posted:

*Runs into CineD, trying to make words out while out of breath* YALL HAVE BAD OPINIONS

*leaves*

Y'all are sure rushing out the woodwork for a bunch of farts that don't give a gently caress.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I do give a gently caress, actually. I don't like reading your drivel. It harshes my CineD visual storytelling high.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

I want this.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Yo

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Forgot one character poster for the Egypt movie.

Apparently this like-The-Thing-but-on-a-ship-with-mutant-tardigrades movie came out this year.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Yeah, why not, get it stretched over some canvas.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Oh, Dane Cook.

I'd post the Simon Sez poster, but it's fallen off the internet (not counting DVD cover images) so here's the trailer, showing him toss out a couple incredibly terrible lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mysvIJPCAk

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

morestuff posted:

Poor Jughead couldn't even make the poster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBojt6fDVvw
Here I thought the City of Crime video featuring Tom Hanks was peak for me but wow, thank you for sharing this gift to the world with us

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Mister Chief posted:

Should I watch Chappie?

If you liked Blomkamp's other movies then yes, most definitely. I liked Chappie, but it's not as polished at District 9. Elysium is the worst of his three films imo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tom Cavanaugh is in 400 Days too.

I guess they held the casting outside the Flash/Arrow crossover from this season.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Well at least it's not hiding its influences.

Besides, Disney already made this movie.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

mind the walrus posted:

If you like pretty pictures utterly wasted on a blandly serious Short Circuit reboot, go nuts.
Blandly...... serious?

The movie about the childlike robot who is adopted by a rap duo who make him into a numbah-one gangsta? poo poo man, Chappie is the result of Blomkamp watching Short Circuit 2 and thinking the Los Locos scene ran about two hours shorter than it should have. What part was blandly serious?

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun.
I'm guessing that people's views are Chappie are directly correlated with their enjoyment of Die Antwoord's personalities.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SetPhazers2Funk posted:

I'm guessing that people's views are Chappie are directly correlated with their enjoyment of Die Antwoord's personalities.
Chappie was actually what got me to enjoy Die Antwoord. I didn't care for them going into it, but they were so endearing in the movie that I kinda fell in love with them after seeing it. I saw them live a week after I saw the movie and they were so dope.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SetPhazers2Funk posted:

I just knew it wasn't supposed to be serious.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Help me google image search! The thread has fallen and it can't get up!

Never saw this movie but the poster looks cool and makes me want to see it

You see the top parts look like hedges but the bottom round parts look like an upside down snowglobe because it was set in winter! Art! I do wish the lighter parts were not pink. Make them whiter imo, but I'm no designer so i cannot comment.

Medical Snake and the Swordbird, or 'Hello My name is Harry Potter Tom Riddle'

'He Res Jo Nny'. Looks foreign but I'd give it ago.

Looks like someone needs to call up 1 800 CONTACTS for some Special Eyes

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Flash them eyeball titties.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Chappie was actually what got me to enjoy Die Antwoord. I didn't care for them going into it, but they were so endearing in the movie that I kinda fell in love with them after seeing it. I saw them live a week after I saw the movie and they were so dope.

I sort of digged them before Chappie, they were just the most infuriating mongoloids in the movie.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Here they are. Teaser posters (that are published after the ones for the characters?!) for Gods of Egypt:

aaand

Edit: I don't get where they are going with these at all. It's not that the design of both creatures is special or anything but why wouldn't they choose a more dramatic pose or angle. These look like they were finished in whatever graphics programm you need and then took a picture from the default camera position. Just know...zoom in a little or have the camera bring in some dynamic. Something...anything! They look like early sales art not intended for public.

AlexF fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Nov 18, 2015

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

AlexF posted:

Here they are. Teaser posters (that are published after the ones for the characters?!) for Gods of Egypt:

aaand

these look really cheap and tiny lol

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

the whole art-style of that movie looks cheap and bad

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Fun fact: the reason Ninja disappears from the movie without explanation is because Blomkamp sacked him for being a monumental oval office. Turns out that hiring your musical idols and writing them into your movie playing themselves has unforeseen consequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

these look really cheap and tiny lol

Seriously, for a second I thought those were for an Ant-Man sequel. With nothing else there to give a sense of scale, making them so small does them no favours.