Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In FO4 you can stumble upon a group that is trying to figure out a personality test that will detect if someone is secretly a robot or not. One of their terminals has a memo about how they need to take other physical readings which would help (basically saying they need to make to VK test from Blade Runner.)

Also there's a location in game that's a quarry called "Dunwich Borers" :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Dunwich Borers is 100% must-see, highly recommended dungeon.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I just noticed that in Fallout 4, you can filter your save files between different characters.
Not sure if anyone is at a point yet where they would want to do a second play-through yet but I think its a nice touch.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Babe Magnet posted:

Dunwich Borers is 100% must-see, highly recommended dungeon.

I just did this last night and holy poo poo.

I like that power armor has real weight to it in this game and if you hop into deep water while wearing it, you just sink to the bottom instead of floating or swimming like normal.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe
I got the distress call from the police station. I save the quickly dying Brotherhood of Steel, then they talk down to me. I exercise the only option I have, which is no, and instead go back to helping the minutemen.

Now I have artillery, HO HO HO

(now I need to get the parts to add them to ALL my settlements, woo hoo!)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

scarycave posted:

I just noticed that in Fallout 4, you can filter your save files between different characters.
Not sure if anyone is at a point yet where they would want to do a second play-through yet but I think its a nice touch.

This is a drat godsend for me because part of what I like to do is say "Okay, I want to make a character who does this, another who does this, and another who does this" and then get all the character creation out of the way at once until I have more ideas. So I have a male and female character at the vault elevator ready to head out into the world, and when I pick them I run them into the elevator, customize and rename them, then send them out. Another little thing that makes skipping the tutorial trivially more pleasant. Then when I finally decide "okay I'd like to play my bruiser" or "I'd like to play my sneak thief" I can find them in a heartbeat.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
I'm still playing MGSV, sorry.

When you're shooting at the SKULL unit, the bullets can actually bounce off their armor and hit you. Alternatively, if you're wearing the armor, enemies may occasionally shoot themselves by accident. You can also kill the SKULLs by dropping a supply box on them.

If you throw a smoke grenade into an open truck and drive around in it, enemies won't detect you.

Also, you can also really destroy gun ships by attaching C4 onto a truck, fultoning it into the sky, and triggering the explosives right as it hits the helicopter.

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

TontoCorazon posted:

I found the cheers bar, funnily enough named the "Prost Bar":

So Norm's dead

I was on the fence after Redbox renting it for a day and then hitting a wall of "This got hard real fast. Do my guns suck or do I suck?"

Now I have to move money around next paycheck to buy it. You bastard.

Lotish posted:

This is a drat godsend for me because part of what I like to do is say "Okay, I want to make a character who does this, another who does this, and another who does this" and then get all the character creation out of the way at once until I have more ideas. So I have a male and female character at the vault elevator ready to head out into the world, and when I pick them I run them into the elevator, customize and rename them, then send them out. Another little thing that makes skipping the tutorial trivially more pleasant. Then when I finally decide "okay I'd like to play my bruiser" or "I'd like to play my sneak thief" I can find them in a heartbeat.

I always thought that was the point of the "Remake your character now?" point of gameplay. That's exactly how I played Oblivion back in the day. Loaded up the sewer, THEN made my character.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I'm glad they give you that choice. Bioware should do that too, because their character creators are always in some nebulous place outside the normal game world and when you take the character through the tutorial you may start to realize how absolutely horrifying your character really is (or for gameplay purposes how little you like a given class), but remaking him/her takes either replaying the tutorial or using some kind of DLC.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

plainswalker75 posted:

I just did this last night and holy poo poo.

Now go a little ways north of Goodneighbor and do the (minor cool side-quest spoilers) USS Constitution quest-line
More FO4 little things: Link your settlements with the Rank 1 Community Leader perk ASAP holy poo poo, it connects all of your work bench resources.

Babe Magnet has a new favorite as of 22:25 on Nov 17, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

muscles like this? posted:

In FO4 you can stumble upon a group that is trying to figure out a personality test that will detect if someone is secretly a robot or not. One of their terminals has a memo about how they need to take other physical readings which would help (basically saying they need to make to VK test from Blade Runner.)

Also there's a location in game that's a quarry called "Dunwich Borers" :v:

For another neat thing about that town, it's Convenant for anyone who's walked by but never investigated, it's the same SPECIAL test questions you took in FO3.

Where is the quarry? I've been looking for it ever since my friend went on about it but they didn't tell me the location.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is in the NE part of the map. One of the settlements in the area sends you there for their join the Minutemen quest.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Greatbacon posted:

A cool little thing just happened to me in Diamond City. I stepped out of the Dugout after sleeping for 24 hours and as I'm heading back to the market, I hear a security guard bark saying something like "It's Halloween, but I bet all we'll get is tricks, no treats." I pulled up my Pipboy and sure enough it was October 31st. I wonder if there are anymore holiday barks and if they are different between cities.

Confirmed, I'm looking at Diamond City on Christmas Eve and the whole place is done up with special decorations. Lights and trees all over the place!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

plainswalker75 posted:

I like that power armor has real weight to it in this game and if you hop into deep water while wearing it, you just sink to the bottom instead of floating or swimming like normal.

This is how I lost my first suit of power armour. It's currently sat the bottom of a lake. :downs:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

This is how I lost my first suit of power armour. It's currently sat the bottom of a lake. :downs:

I started to panic once I realized I couldn't float in power armor. I was trying to cross a little stretch of water but I couldn't find a way out once I got in. Don't know what I'd do if I lost that armor.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
There is, thankfully, a few suits of various design scattered across the wasteland but I think upgrades are specific to the limbs you applied them to. So if you lost the suit you lose the modifications with it.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I was reminded of this from a different thread:

So in Fallout 3, one of the songs on Galaxy News Radio was Butcher Pete, but only Part 1.

Fallout 4 includes Part 2. Now you don't have to be curious about the further adventures of everyone's favorite old-time sung hero murderer-metaphor for dude who jammed his love log into a bunch of women, probably. (Okay, fine, I listened to part 2 outside of the games, but having it in-game from the get-go gives a sense of closure.)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

So if I find a second power suit out in the field, what should I do with it? Just hop in and fast travel it back home and leave it there with my other one?

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

So if I find a second power suit out in the field, what should I do with it? Just hop in and fast travel it back home and leave it there with my other one?

Well, yeah, if you want. That's what I did, except I then built a 3 story bar/hotel with a display room on the bottom floor showcasing my 6 power armours and their assorted paint jobs.

Alternatively, you can always assign a follower a suit, or even beef up your settlement defence by ordering a settler to stomp around in one while on patrol.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I left my controller idling in the middle of a conversation and after a few minutes the guy said "um.. you're starting to freak me out".

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Lotish posted:

I'm glad they give you that choice. Bioware should do that too, because their character creators are always in some nebulous place outside the normal game world and when you take the character through the tutorial you may start to realize how absolutely horrifying your character really is (or for gameplay purposes how little you like a given class), but remaking him/her takes either replaying the tutorial or using some kind of DLC.

in oblivion i used to just keep a spare save right before the tutorial ended so you could change everything without having to go through the tutorial again. i think mass effect displayed the first name you chose for your shepard for each save or at least grouped the saves based on the first name so you could switch out characters.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So apparently the dog has access to some bag of holding or something, because I've taken to making him carry a bunch of poo poo when I've got too much stuff after a raid and up to now he's never filled it. And a missile launcher, just in case. Also his teddy. :3:

And there was some spooky town I was exploring, I think probably before I was supposed to because it's all the way out west. Anyway, I was sneaking around and heard banging, so I laid in wait to see what it was. It was a Deathclaw. So I ran the gently caress away, but remembered there was a little base of raiders nearby. So I shot him and lured him to the raiders, and ran away again. A bit later on I meet him again and he has a tiny amount of health so I finish him off with a couple of molotovs, and apparently he was the only enemy in the area so I got to explore in peace. There were some nice things.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Deport The Irish posted:

Two somethings if you talk to people in the right order.

I just stumbled upon one, the vault tech guy :aaa: but what's the other one?

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe
I've become obsessed with artillery. What's great (and I might be wrong) is the given range seems to be the same as the beacon signal for any given settlement, so if you can hear them they can shell for you.

It's not very useful and very location specific. But man, I love finding the perfect location; tossing the smoke; and watching as the bad guys "investigate" only to be blown into the next zip code. I swear it Launches body parts further then the fatman.

It's awesome trying to find a body part Bigger than a postage stamp so I can loot them.

Artillery ALONE is the reason to find every settlement. I'm trying to avoid spoilers, I've gotten ten so far.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

malal posted:

I've become obsessed with artillery. What's great (and I might be wrong) is the given range seems to be the same as the beacon signal for any given settlement, so if you can hear them they can shell for you.

It's not very useful and very location specific. But man, I love finding the perfect location; tossing the smoke; and watching as the bad guys "investigate" only to be blown into the next zip code. I swear it Launches body parts further then the fatman.

It's awesome trying to find a body part Bigger than a postage stamp so I can loot them.

Artillery ALONE is the reason to find every settlement. I'm trying to avoid spoilers, I've gotten ten so far.

The artillery sounds and feels so loving good. I remember doing the mission unlocking artillery and they wanted me to test it out on some buildings. It was at night and it lit up the buildings in the background. It looked so drat cool.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Speaking of artillery, I found a little shack on a mountain side full of explosive red cans and there were three wooden things sticking out the window. Turns out if you put the red can in the wood thing and shoot the nozzle of the can, it goes flying off the wood thing and explodes like fire works. Yay physics. I stopped after one turned around mid-air and smacked my dude in the face and blew up the rest of the cans in the shack.

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

I just stumbled upon one, the vault tech guy :aaa: but what's the other one?

One of the shop keepers is pre war and you can reminisce a bit with them before they point you to the Vault Tec Rep. Less of a big deal since you didn't know them before the bombs fell but it's still a neat character moment l thought.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
In the new Battlefront game, I really like how snow clings to your body when you die and ragdoll. It's a neat little touch.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I just broke into a TV producer's office and Piper looks at his skeleton and says, "ugh, I hope this stuff is dust."

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

MacCreedy and Strong are friends

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I like how Fallout 4 followers don't "like" or "dislike" things you do that they don't see.

So Piper likes it when I pick locks, but disapproves if I pick an "owned" lock. (Because theft? I don't know)

The solution is to tell her to walk away and pick the lock while her back is turned. Didn't see it, doesn't know about it, can't not like it!

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Hey, remember Fallout 3?

Remember Little Lamplight?

Remember the little poo poo kid who was the mayor?

Guess who's back in Fallout 4?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

princecoo posted:

I like how Fallout 4 followers don't "like" or "dislike" things you do that they don't see.

So Piper likes it when I pick locks, but disapproves if I pick an "owned" lock. (Because theft? I don't know)

The solution is to tell her to walk away and pick the lock while her back is turned. Didn't see it, doesn't know about it, can't not like it!

I tried that with the lorenzo quest because she either disapproves of one option, or hates the other option. I told her to return to sanctuary but the elevator was locked, so even though she was separated by walls and couldn't really see me, she still got mad.

It's also frustrating with Mama Murphy because sometimes people see and sometimes the don't. E: I guess I could send everyone to a different settlement but :effort:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

In Fallout 4's loading screens, you'll see comic books and magazines from 2077 drawn in a cool Atomic Era style of the late 40's/early 50's.

But then you look at the prices and they've been adjusted to 2077 dollars, resulting in comic books that cost $70 off the rack.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Grey Fox posted:

In Fallout 4's loading screens, you'll see comic books and magazines from 2077 drawn in a cool Atomic Era style of the late 40's/early 50's.

But then you look at the prices and they've been adjusted to 2077 dollars, resulting in comic books that cost $70 off the rack.

That puts the fact that one unit of Pre-War Money is a fat stack of bills into perspective.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
At Slo-cum Joes, get yourself a dozen delicious donuts! Only $42 :buddy:

They all are neat ways of showing how hosed things were right before the Great War. The classic example from the older games is the price of gas being ridiculously high, and the filling stations charging $113 a gallon of coolant for your nuclear powered car.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
How do you make your settlements trade in FO4? I took the perk and can't figure out the next step.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Samfucius posted:

How do you make your settlements trade in FO4? I took the perk and can't figure out the next step.

You have to highlight a person and then there will be a thing on the bottom of the screen that tells you what button to press to create a trade route.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

muscles like this? posted:

You have to highlight a person and then there will be a thing on the bottom of the screen that tells you what button to press to create a trade route.

And trade routes are simpler than you may imagine. If every settlement feeds into Sanctuary Hills, they will all share resources. No need to make a big circuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Grey Fox posted:

There's also a terminal in... The Gwinnett Restaurant, I think? where a pint of regular beer is recorded as costing $39.
A T-shirt is $65.
A keg of seasonal beer is $799.

Jesus.