Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Waltzing Along posted:

Do I need Mega Man? Do I need a gold mega man amiibo? I'm conflicted. I've never actually played a Mega Man game. But history and stuff.
Play Mega Man 2, 3, and X. Maybe 9 after that. They're good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Also a valid answer if the question is "who is your favorite character in Ghost Trick?"

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Help Im Alive posted:

I am afraid to inform you that Monster Hunter/Smash 3DS and maybe even Mario Kart 7 are all better than good game Kid Icarus

I dunno about Mario Kart, but yeah Monster Hunter 4U and Smash are both pro clicks in the eShop. I just can't deal with KIU's controls :shrug:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was just listing the three games with the most playtime in my activity log thing

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Help Im Alive posted:

I was just listing the three games with the most playtime in my activity log thing

1. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 150:22
2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf 131:04
3. Persona Q 91:56

I was expecting Animal Crossing to be way, way worse.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

MH4U - 237 Hours
Pokemon Y - 226 hours
Pokemon Shuffle - 157 hours

I'm not very reliable, buy MH4U. I've been playing it with a friend and we're not even g-rank yet.

Kid Icarus is down at number 21, behind the eshop, my alarm clock, and the friends list. I really ought to try it again, it just didn't grab me.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Help Im Alive posted:

Oooh. Yeah. I don't have it with me to check, but I probably have 100 hours on MH4U easily, and that's with me like not playing for a couple months over the summer. I've got like 250 hunts at ~30-45 minutes each, plus dicking around in town. I'm gonna check that activity log tonight and think about my life choices :v:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I don't have the log handy but it's

Animal Crossing: ~170
Monster Hunter: ~120
Pokemon Shuffle: ~75

Monster Hunter is pretty frontloaded for me too, I think I've played like 10 hours in the last few months. I binged hard on 3U early this year and then got 4U at launch and semi-burned myself out on it.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 17, 2015

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

deadly_pudding posted:

Oooh. Yeah. I don't have it with me to check, but I probably have 100 hours on MH4U easily, and that's with me like not playing for a couple months over the summer. I've got like 250 hunts at ~30-45 minutes each, plus dicking around in town. I'm gonna check that activity log tonight and think about my life choices :v:

My 150 hours was within the first month or so of the game being out, since I feel like I haven't really played it in a long time. I basically played it like a full-time job. "College senior" meme checking in.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I am afraid to inform you that Monster Hunter/Smash 3DS and maybe even Mario Kart 7 are all better than good game Kid Icarus

:yeah:

also
ACNL-268:00
Pokemon Black- 143:47
Pokemon AS-132:46

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Also a valid answer if the question is "who is your favorite character in Ghost Trick?"
The right answer in that one is the cat, though.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
I was going to buy MH4U but I played the demo and was confused as gently caress.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

robodex posted:

I was going to buy MH4U but I played the demo and was confused as gently caress.

It's not a very good demo, but yeah. The controls require some getting used to. It's one of those games where you basically commit to all of your animations, including item uses, and its control scheme revolves around that concept.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

The right answer in that one is the cat, though.

No it isn't

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Can we talk about Badge Arcade?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rexroom posted:

Are the Kid Icarus badges out for it yet?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Rexroom posted:

The Pokemon badges are going to bankrupt me

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rexroom posted:

Maybe

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rexroom posted:

We can talk about how cool the Rhythm Heaven badges are because Rhythm Heaven is cool.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Disappointed I wasnt able to nab the pikmin application badges today with the free plays, gonna try tomorrow. Do the cranes themselves reset each day, like, do they reset to their default positions and stuff or do they stay the same?

I just want those pikmin badges lol though not enough to ever drop money on the badge arcade

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yea the machines get reset

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Professor Badgegrab's sales pitch today was Insanely Good and after doing all the necessary math and analysis I am prepared to say that the bunny is good.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Kaubocks posted:

dark pit is the best !!

Uh, excuse you, his name is Pittoo. :smugbert:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Stella Glow's demo sucked because it was literally just the prologue and had none of the progression or mechanics that will supposedly make the combat more interesting later. Two dudes from Atlus USA did a video on their Youtube channel of them playing through some of Chapter 3, which would have been an infinitely better choice for demo content.

Anyway, I haven't had an SRPG I've wanted to play in awhile (or really anything I've wanted to play), so I'm downloading the game now and will post thoughts about it when I get far enough to have a solid opinion of things.

Edit: The video I mentioned:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUMyiOOwAno

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 18, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Stella glow looks like something generic but also like it'd be a good time killer srpg and hopefully it will one day not be 50 bucks or whatever it is priced at currently

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

FirstAidKite posted:

Stella glow looks like something generic but also like it'd be a good time killer srpg and hopefully it will one day not be 50 bucks or whatever it is priced at currently

Atlus does tend to do a lot of sales, at least for games they both develop and publish. I don't know how often they do sales for games where they just did the localization and publishing, though.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Wow what the heck, were the splatoon app badges and cartoon squids only around for one day? I didn't play yesterday because all the splatoon stuff that was already in was a tad uninteresting. :(

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The Badge Arcade rabbits name is Byte in Japan so I'm not sure why they opted out of giving him the same name in the English versions.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

Wow what the heck, were the splatoon app badges and cartoon squids only around for one day? I didn't play yesterday because all the splatoon stuff that was already in was a tad uninteresting. :(

I think they are different offerings in different regions. Right now in America I think the only app badges available are Pikmin and Pushmo. I assume the poster that mentioned getting them today was in Europe or Australia.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

NofrikinfuN posted:

I think they are different offerings in different regions. Right now in America I think the only app badges available are Pikmin and Pushmo. I assume the poster that mentioned getting them today was in Europe or Australia.

Ah, that'd make sense. Thanks!

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The Badge Arcade rabbits name is Byte in Japan so I'm not sure why they opted out of giving him the same name in the English versions.

I'm guessing that his name, Byte, is a pun-nod to the word for "part-time job" (arubaito) and they figured it wouldn't translate. No real reason to take it out, though.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
People mentioning playtimes got me to open my activity log for the first time in like a year. Ugh...

1. Netflix 663:48
2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 330:24
3. Streetpass Mii Plaza 155:01

I used to play Netflix and paint when I was into 40K, Jesus Christ all that life I'll never get back.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Monkey Fracas posted:

Just quoting this for reference- so if I obtain a copy of Cubic Ninja and "activate" the secondary hacks on the system with it then I could just sell it again, right?

Yeah, but you'd need an old version of Ironfall or Ocarina or an old 3DS firmware

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Anora posted:

People mentioning playtimes got me to open my activity log for the first time in like a year. Ugh...

I used to play Netflix and paint when I was into 40K, Jesus Christ all that life I'll never get back.

Haha, I remember using the Netflix app once. I locked my keys and phone in my car and had an hour to kill before my roommate showed up with my spare key, so I watched an episode of Dexter. Looked truly awful and it killed my battery in one episode.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Anora posted:

:smith::hf::smith:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Anora posted:

At least you don't play MMOs.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
Seems a little early for the playtime comparison stuff, but I'll bite. Here's my year-to-date top 5.

Pokémon Shuffle 65:13
I've basically quit playing this, I just stopped after missing an event guy and it spiraled down from there...
Pokémon Rumble World 64:14
...however, I've picked this back up. I mostly just keep it on standby and play it when I see the timers have cleared out again.
Etrian Mystery Dungeon 62:39
I mostly lost interest in this after getting to the credits. It's not bad, but it's not amazing either.
StreetPass Mii Plaza 52:04
I'll usually just boot it up when I've got people waiting. Living 5 minutes from a McDonald's helps a bit too.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky 33:48
I'm getting excited for Super again. My game card has a cleared file on it, so I mostly just pick it up to grind or perform rescues.

A lot of Pokémon in this list, I just noticed.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Why are you guys posting this playtime poo poo? It's November. This is like Christmas encroachment, but New Years instead.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

Fix posted:

Why are you guys posting this playtime poo poo? It's November. This is like Christmas encroachment, but New Years instead.

I did say it seemed a little early. Usually it comes up late December or early January.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
How do you sort activity log by year? My highest is Shovel Knight 35 hours