Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

And they wonder why the Koch brothers won't share info with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

At last everyone will know about the time Russ Feingold hosed a tree.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

zoux posted:

At last everyone will know about the time Russ Feingold hosed a tree.

They should hire some guy dressed in a diaper to follow Vitter around.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Four Muslims were kicked off a plane in Baltimore for "suspicious activity." The suspicious activity was watching the news on their phone. The passengers freaked and demanded they be ejected from the plane.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Luigi Thirty posted:

Four Muslims were kicked off a plane in Baltimore for "suspicious activity." The suspicious activity was watching the news on their phone. The passengers freaked and demanded they be ejected from the plane.

I'm sure that the other few hundred passengers were glad that their 2 hour flight became a 6 hour flight because some people had the audacity to watch the news on their phones. If this is now the bar of scrutiny, I'm ratting out some motherfucker doing a sudoku puzzle on my next flight as "suspicious activity" because we all know that grown rear end folks shouldn't be messing with children's number games.

*goes back to playing pokemon*

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Countdown until some poor Sikh gets his head bashed in because he has a beard and turban.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It happens with some regular frequency as is, so plan on within the next 2 weeks or so.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
Well, it's not quite physical violence, but someone photoshopped a selfie by a Canadian Sikh guy to make him look like a terrorist and tricked multiple international news agencies into claiming he committed the Paris attacks. The icing on the cake is that this was done by a GamerGater! :suicide:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mr Jaunts posted:

Well, it's not quite physical violence, but someone photoshopped a selfie by a Canadian Sikh guy to make him look like a terrorist and tricked multiple international news agencies into claiming he committed the Paris attacks. The icing on the cake is that this was done by a GamerGater! :suicide:

Pretty sure I despaired about this, but it was probably in the Paris thread which sensible people do not read.

Veerender Jubbal is one of the kindest men on the internet, but he said a mean thing about Gamergate and is a brown man who wears a turban.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Not quite US politics news, but it sounds like the French Police have cornered that last terrorist and are in a shootout with him as of now.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Zeroisanumber posted:

Not quite US politics news, but it sounds like the French Police have cornered that last terrorist and are in a shootout with him as of now.

I hope they take him alive.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Me too, but I sense that GIGN isn't in the mood.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Mr Jaunts posted:

And then when they got called on it and the guy who did it got found out, they disavowed him and he said it was a Grand Experiment to finally prove there are no ethics in journalism instead of a psychopath trying to ruin the reputation of and bring down violence upon a guy who disagrees with him.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

Me too, but I sense that GIGN isn't in the mood.

He's a useful intelligence source, and most of the others exploded. His thoughts can be compared to the other surviving attacker's.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Current reports are that it's the eight attacker AND the mastermind behind the whole thing, plus maybe one other.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
never not vote democrat

quote:

Speaking at Georgetown University Law School Monday, Scalia said the Constitution guaranteed only religious and political protections, The New York Times reported, and that it was not up to judges to determine which other minority groups deserved legal protections.

“What minorities deserve protection?” he said rhetorically. “What? It’s up to me to identify deserving minorities?”

“What about pederasts?” he asked. “What about child abusers?”

“This is a deserving minority,” he went on, jokingly. “Nobody loves them.”

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Scalia entertaining the thought that diddling kids is pretty much the same as being born black or being a Jew.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Mr Jaunts posted:

I think the photoshop is much older than the attacks, news agencies are just that dumb.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FAUXTON posted:

Scalia entertaining the thought that diddling kids is pretty much the same as being born black or being a Jew.

As a conservative Catholic, Scalia has very strong opinions about pederasts.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Absurd Alhazred posted:

As a conservative Catholic, Scalia has very strong opinions about pederasts.

Unlike most conservative Catholics, he doesn't try to hide them at all though.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
"Blacks and women should lose the franchise" - The literal opinion of Antonin Scalia

"Constitutional amendments don't count, all that matters is the ~original constitutional intent~" - a dumb fucker

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Not a dumb fucker, a sly fucker. Scalia and his ilk believe that societal power is a zero-sum game, and that the power of white men diminishing in this country is a VERY BAD THING. But Scalia's smart enough to cloak it behind a sophisticated legal doctrine. Others are not as clever, and are, stupidly, open about it. but make no mistake, he'll compromise his principles at the drop of a hat if it means loving over THOSE PEOPLE.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Spatula City posted:

Not a dumb fucker, a sly fucker. Scalia and his ilk believe that societal power is a zero-sum game, and that the power of white men diminishing in this country is a VERY BAD THING. But Scalia's smart enough to cloak it behind a sophisticated legal doctrine. Others are not as clever, and are, stupidly, open about it. but make no mistake, he'll compromise his principles at the drop of a hat if it means loving over THOSE PEOPLE.

I wouldn't even call his legal doctrine particularly sophisticated, just blessed with a large markup. It's "gently caress anyone who isn't white, straight, stringently christian, and carrying a gun." Privacy, for example, wasn't really his bag in 2003 when it came to butts and dicks but it sure became his thing when substantial numbers of white people started getting busted for weed.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Nov 18, 2015

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Heaven forbid a judge actually judge things.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i either need to stop reading this thread or find out a way to drink while on anti-depressants, motherfuck. :suicide:

also lol according to scalia and DR BROWN i have no legal right for protections when someone drags me behind their truck for being gay or spraypainting QUEER on my house

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Skeesix posted:

Heaven forbid a judge actually judge things.

Now this is a hot take. Any further thoughts on Justice Scalia's comparison of gays to pederasts?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Controversial counter: being a criminal doesn't immediately invalidate all your rights, no matter how big an unsympathetic scumbag you are. His hypothetical is nonsense.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Now now, I'm sure he was just comparing PRACTICING gays and Jews to pedophiles.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Litany Unheard posted:

Countdown until some poor Sikh gets his head bashed in because he has a beard and turban.

We've already had a Sikh man, an Ethiopian Christian man, and a Muslim woman get jumped since Friday on the grounds of "being terrorists"

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Homme mort ne fait guerre.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Kitfox88 posted:

i either need to stop reading this thread or find out a way to drink while on anti-depressants, motherfuck. :suicide:

also lol according to scalia and DR BROWN i have no legal right for protections when someone drags me behind their truck for being gay or spraypainting QUEER on my house

Wait did Christopher Lloyd say something stupid or did I miss something in that article?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Lindsey Graham on CNBC right now: "Every Arab would love to destroy ISIL right now." His solution is to put 10,000 troops in Iraq to retake Mosul and counteract Iran's influence or we're going to be attacked :siren: very soon :siren: He also says stopping refugees won't make us any safer, the only thing that will make us safer from terror attacks is to destroy ISIL.

Also, capitalism will save Syria because it offers hope.

Fried Chicken posted:

We've already had a Sikh man, an Ethiopian Christian man, and a Muslim woman get jumped since Friday on the grounds of "being terrorists"

And in the UK, a Muslim woman got shoved in front of a train in London, a mob of 15 people beat a pair of Arabs half to death in Scotland...

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/18/nyregion/11th-hour-detour-puts-family-in-connecticut-as-indiana-bars-syrian-refugees.html?_r=0

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Kitfox88 posted:

That simply isn't true. For example if that person were hiring and were to give a minor preference to qualified African Americans or women in their hiring process and ended up not selecting you that would be a grave injustice which must be corrected by the courts.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Strength in the face of terrorism is to be terrified.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Oh good, they caught the winner that threatened to torch the local mosque and shoot everyone inside. He called from his home phone and they had Caller ID. :downsbravo:

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Glad this happening within five miles of me. :negative:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

It's true--no amount of investigative work can ever compensate for your suspect being a moron.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

House Homeland Security Chair Mike McCaul filed a bill to "keep Americans safe from ISIS". It will do this by increasing vetting of Syrian refugees, which are actually not ISIS.

quote:

The American SAFE Act requires comprehensive background checks of every refugee from Iraq or Syria before they can be admitted into the United States and certification that each does not pose a threat.

Specifically, under this legislation, no refugee from Iraq or Syria will be admitted into the U.S. unless:

the FBI Director certifies the background investigation of each refugee; and

the Secretary of Homeland Security, along with the FBI Director and the Director of National Intelligence, certifies to Congress that each refugee is not a security threat to the United States.

Under this legislation, no Syrian or Iraqi refugee can enter the United States until the American people’s representatives in Congress receive these certifications.

Also, the Koch brothers have a team of secret agents that spy on liberals. :tinfoil:

quote:

The competitive intelligence team has a staff of 25, including one former CIA analyst, and operates from one of the non-descript Koch network offices clustered near the Courthouse metro stop in suburban Arlington, Va. It has provided network officials with documents detailing confidential voter-mobilization plans by major Democrat-aligned groups. It also sends regular “intelligence briefing” emails tracking the canvassing, phone-banking and voter-registration efforts of labor unions, environmental groups and their allies, according to documents reviewed by POLITICO and interviews with a half-dozen sources with knowledge of the group.

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

I mean, if I was an evil billionaire id probably have a spy network too.

• Locked thread