Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll

Never Been Banned posted:

I keep seeing a "Buane Thule" monk running around in KC. He a goon?

Buane is my druid. Jumpo is my monk. I have not yet figured out how to combine these characters, so anybody else is not me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xantares
Jul 25, 2006
I just don't know
I got the itch again. I had a 54 monk on red about a year ago (Kuraii) before getting disillusioned with endgame red nonsense. I'm playing an Iksar necro named Schrund on blue now. Got to level 3 stabbing scaled wolves and scorpions and I already sort of miss the bonus experience on red. What's a good leveling guild on blue these days?

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
man the GM's are sure taking their sweet time to fix Anime.. :(

didn't hear from anyone except minamata about the PL, and we were already level 10 by the time i heard from you, but there will be a ROUND 2 once we get the first set of chars to level 25ish. from that point on we'll be bard swarming to 50-60 ish (keep in mind, new bard with no swarm experience so it may be slow at first)

PL's will take place randomly, before or after TMO raids, so for US timezones that means in the mornings or nights. Feel free to send me your phone number if you want to get a text when it's happening, otherwise it's up to you to be in the right place at the right time..

if anyone has a character who ISN'T level 1 who wants in, i can always shoot you a text when we get up to your character's level range!!

starter plat is also available for new red players, as long as I have some. if there's any red goons struggling to get spells as they level, i can help out with that. i'm pretty decently poor until i can sell a few big ticket items, but hey a couple hundred plat will do a lot more for you than me.

by the way, QQui is amazing.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 18, 2015

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

man the GM's are sure taking their sweet time to fix Anime.. :(

didn't hear from anyone except minamata about the PL, and we were already level 10 by the time i heard from you, but there will be a ROUND 2 once we get the first set of chars to level 25ish. from that point on we'll be bard swarming to 50-60 ish (keep in mind, new bard with no swarm experience so it may be slow at first)

PL's will take place randomly, before or after TMO raids, so for US timezones that means in the mornings or nights. Feel free to send me your phone number if you want to get a text when it's happening, otherwise it's up to you to be in the right place at the right time..

if anyone has a character who ISN'T level 1 who wants in, i can always shoot you a text when we get up to your character's level range!!

starter plat is also available for new red players, as long as I have some. if there's any red goons struggling to get spells as they level, i can help out with that. i'm pretty decently poor until i can sell a few big ticket items, but hey a couple hundred plat will do a lot more for you than me.

by the way, QQui is amazing.

I've been considering red more and more lately. I've tried it on two characters, a troll shaman and a high elf magician. I always lack basic funds to buy spells however. At level nine my magician could only buy his level 8 fire pet and a level 4 nuke, heh.

Is that screenshot your in-game name?

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

So I started an iksar necro, and jesus leveling is slow and monotonous, worse than the warrior I have. So I just will continue to level this assling warrior of mine while playing on Live as well, lots of downtime since I don't think there are sub level 10 groups anywhere?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

TheShazbot posted:

So I started an iksar necro, and jesus leveling is slow and monotonous, worse than the warrior I have. So I just will continue to level this assling warrior of mine while playing on Live as well, lots of downtime since I don't think there are sub level 10 groups anywhere?

Dude... no. Stop.

The reason your Iksar Necro levels slowly is because of the Iksar exp penalty. Its worth it for the regen though. Once you get into a group you get a bigger cut of the exp equal to how much exp you need. (Well, I think they reworked how it works exactly but the gist is the same) so it only slows you down when soloing. And once you're higher than like, level 10, your necro will level way way way faster than the warrior because warriors suck if you can't twink the poo poo out of them. The first few levels of any caster until you get meditate and some spells are slow, but seriously don't give up now. Or else you may as well just give up on EQ.

If Iksar is too slow for you, roll a Human or Erudite or Dark Elf necromancer instead. You're going to have a bad time if your first char is a war. Seriously.

There are sub-10 groups but mostly just in gfay which is harder to do as an Iksar obviously. The server only has so many players and only so many of those are playing low level characters, most people on 1999 know what they're doing and grab the first 10 levels in a few hours, so there's not many people at that level in any given area at any given time, except for gfay which is the commonly accepted best newbie zone, so lots of people go there just to find others. Not gonna be a ton of players in field of bone or anything, but there should be a few you can message. I did actually find a group for awhile on my iksar SK.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Some fun on red, training sonty away for people to zone in = massive aggro range on dragons/mobs. Will post some more recent ones probably, Just saw first Abashi's the other night on vulak. Monks were very happy finally. I seem to be a lucky charm for looting for everyone but myself. Got a few empire goons, probably equally as many TMO goons on red.

some random old lodizal kill, prob best possible loot aside from maybe double belt.

old red, before red dawn died

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Pwnz0r posted:

Some fun on red, training sonty away for people to zone in = massive aggro range on dragons/mobs. Will post some more recent ones probably, Just saw first Abashi's the other night on vulak. Monks were very happy finally. I seem to be a lucky charm for looting for everyone but myself. Got a few empire goons, probably equally as many TMO goons on red.

some random old lodizal kill, prob best possible loot aside from maybe double belt.

old red, before red dawn died

nostalgic everquest screenshots is my fetish

Ramulack posted:

I've been considering red more and more lately. I've tried it on two characters, a troll shaman and a high elf magician. I always lack basic funds to buy spells however. At level nine my magician could only buy his level 8 fire pet and a level 4 nuke, heh.

Is that screenshot your in-game name?

yeah, that's my cleric. he's usually stuck in ToV but if you catch me before I gate today I can hook it up! I'm also Anime Sucks in game, but I'm waiting on the GM's to fix that character.

Tricerapowerbottom
Jun 16, 2008

WILL MY PONY RECOGNIZE MY VOICE IN HELL
What are some people's in game names on blue? Can't seem to catch anyone on. I'm Sosoca.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

TheShazbot posted:

You may also be occasionally dicking yourself out of XP by letting your pet do 51%+ of the damage. You get something like 25% of the normal XP when this happens. Be sure you've got enough mana to nuke/DOT things mostly to death. Note - when you group, this is not a concern.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
add 1 person to the group and the pet stealing exp goes away, on blue i dont know how much this helps. But on red, its a HUGE difference. When I swarm PL, or pop dragon teeth for PLing 1-30 initially I always fill my group to 4-5 people minimum for max exp. Honestly red has a low as poo poo pop, both servers have been overfarmed 10x longer then they ever should have for velious to come out. But red isn't all that bad for exping, sure you might get pk'd a few times here and there. But if you want to blue it up, you still can.

Xantares
Jul 25, 2006
I just don't know
Red has something crazy like 280% more experience with a full group. Blue is only 20% more (and only 2% more with a group of 2). I made it to level 8 with my necro and without a group to avoid the penalty, it's a pain to prevent the pet from stealing experience because it comes in to help every time the enemy swings at me. Add in the rusty weapon doing 17 damage per hit, it's hard to beat my pet to 51% damage with DoTs that tick for 5 or lifetaps for 10. Once I got Dark Pact, I found it relaxing to just pull, DoT, and let the pet kill it, and not worry about the experience loss.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
GUESS WHO'S BACK BABY -- THAT'S RIGHT ANIME SUCKS

oh hey some clearly mentally stable person made a conspiracy theory blog, absolutely convinced I'm hateraid -- I'm internet famous now mom and dad

http://fohquest.blogspot.com/2015/11/the-many-faces-of-32-year-old-madsadbad.html

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 19, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

oh hey some clearly mentally stable person made a conspiracy theory blog, absolutely convinced I'm hateraid -- I'm internet famous now mom and dad

http://fohquest.blogspot.com/2015/11/the-many-faces-of-32-year-old-madsadbad.html

:wtf:

Welp, that's definitely a goon achievement, congrats.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

hurb is pretty messed up

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

aparmenideanmonad posted:

You may also be occasionally dicking yourself out of XP by letting your pet do 51%+ of the damage. You get something like 25% of the normal XP when this happens. Be sure you've got enough mana to nuke/DOT things mostly to death. Note - when you group, this is not a concern.

Ah. Yes, this is something I was doing, is letting my pet do a lot of the damage. Thankfully, some friendly dudes gave me nice buffs, and I got a level. I suspect once I get my new pet at level 8, field of bone will be a decent leveling ground for a while. 5 to 7 is a bit dicey currently.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
since a few people were confused and asked, no i'm not that asian beefcake

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Man, Flowers really went down the shitter over the years. Well, more so than before.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Kortel posted:

Man, Flowers really went down the shitter over the years. Well, more so than before.

yeah, it got creepy with the doxxing too. at one point one of these nerds thought some guy on reddit was me, so they sent him this huge doxx on some guy named "Justin"s facebook page (not me lol) and threatened to release it. so i got some rather concerning pm's from the guy on reddit on the p99 forums, since he thought they had actually doxxed me. then they figured out i wasn't justin and now apparently i'm hateraid.

a lot of people on p99 are really mentally ill

edit: hahahhaha they edited all the poo poo about me being hateraid off the page, i wish i screencapped that.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Nov 20, 2015

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

What is it about mmos that attracts these sorts of people.

Serennia, Elitemaiden, god knows how many others on wow.

Crazy feiwong on ffxi.

Girl who faked not only her own death but also an entire family of her fake persona on EQ.

The majority of the playerbase on p1999.

I mean i know the answer is escapism but jeez.

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

I finally got my internet woes fixed and got my cleric up to 19, I have to be very selective in the 1 or 2 spells I can afford when I level.

In the meantime my level 7 Necro is just tripping over money, between random kindness of strangers, tips for helping high levels,or actually getting to loot a mob, I'm u to about 120p.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Mrens posted:

I finally got my internet woes fixed and got my cleric up to 19, I have to be very selective in the 1 or 2 spells I can afford when I level.

In the meantime my level 7 Necro is just tripping over money, between random kindness of strangers, tips for helping high levels,or actually getting to loot a mob, I'm u to about 120p.

if you're on red i'm a stranger and i'll be kind to you.

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

I said "kindness of strangers"
So not red.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
What's your character name? I can jump on now and drop you some plat on blue.

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

I think my cleric is camped in unrest, I can hoof it to a port area.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
If you can get to EC tunnel I can help you out. Just give me your character name so I can tell you when I log on.

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

Mrensa. I'll head over now, thanks :) Might be a bit, boat time permitting.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010

Mrens posted:

I said "kindness of strangers"
So not red.

When first joined red i found quite a few nice strangers. For example, a random person just ran by me and asked if I was new to the server and when I said yeah hooked me up with w/e gear he had and like 500+ plat if i remember the number correctly.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

if you're on red i'm a stranger and i'll be kind to you.

Whats your name?

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Bubb I didn't realize you were a goon =P I guess if i read back a few posts I would have recalled, but i knew the name was familiar. Thats my bard the other day that was swarming with you.

Anyway I don't read up on blue much, but I hear they have had 3-5 aon drops since revamp? drat guess just bad luck on red, we didn't even have our first 3 drop loot table until yesterday, and the 3rd golem had a slime blood/aon/soul leech. The first 6 golems were 1 loots, third set was 1 2 1. Sure is great for stacking up undead legion staffs for PLing, soul leeches out the arse for alts and every wizard alt gets a gabstik or epic(broken golem part is a joke). Dracoliche has been stuffy since the first kill when we had a shawl/shield, cazic has dropped cloak/robe and something else only so far.

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right

Pwnz0r posted:

Bubb I didn't realize you were a goon =P I guess if i read back a few posts I would have recalled, but i knew the name was familiar. Thats my bard the other day that was swarming with you.

Anyway I don't read up on blue much, but I hear they have had 3-5 aon drops since revamp? drat guess just bad luck on red, we didn't even have our first 3 drop loot table until yesterday, and the 3rd golem had a slime blood/aon/soul leech. The first 6 golems were 1 loots, third set was 1 2 1. Sure is great for stacking up undead legion staffs for PLing, soul leeches out the arse for alts and every wizard alt gets a gabstik or epic(broken golem part is a joke). Dracoliche has been stuffy since the first kill when we had a shawl/shield, cazic has dropped cloak/robe and something else only so far.

:whatup: almost level 52 now man I love quadding now that I got Lightning Blast~~ Let me get in on them druid rot loots I need to get strong and buff

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

lemonslol posted:

Whats your name?

anime + blackzilla and i'm also playing someone else's paladin Alayna right now.

often times my characters are stuck being parked at raid zones which make it difficult to meet up with new players, but hit me up and I can probably arrange to port one of them out after the next time I raid :)

Xantares
Jul 25, 2006
I just don't know
Question for all you casters out there: do you use the default alt+num for your spells or do you rebind? Or just add them to the hotbars?

I've played a monk for most of my time on P99 so I've only needed a few hotbar buttons. Right now as a necro I've got important spells and pet commands within the 1-6 keys. In other games I typically bind stuff around ESDF for movement and right now I'm debating binding those to spells or hotbars at the moment. Mostly I was just curious what works for you all.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Xantares posted:

Question for all you casters out there: do you use the default alt+num for your spells or do you rebind? Or just add them to the hotbars?

I've played a monk for most of my time on P99 so I've only needed a few hotbar buttons. Right now as a necro I've got important spells and pet commands within the 1-6 keys. In other games I typically bind stuff around ESDF for movement and right now I'm debating binding those to spells or hotbars at the moment. Mostly I was just curious what works for you all.

I've played a lot of hours of a necro, and I have never had to bind anything. I just click right down. I have always felt that EQ is slow compared to other games, so it hasn't ever warranted too much efficiency in my hotkeys. An Enchanter on the other hand, I have set up some really intense macros, but even then I just click those.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Xantares posted:

I've played a monk for most of my time on P99 so I've only needed a few hotbar buttons.
:stare:

I use more hotbuttons on a monk than pretty much any other class...but maybe that's due to lots of pulling/raid situation stuff, I dunno.

For casters though, I use ALT+1-4 pretty frequently but will usually put root in my first hotkey along with my primary nuke/heal/pulling spell/aggro spell/fear/whatever else I cast a lot (these go in 5-7, gate is always 8). I use the mouse for look/movement and occasionally to target stuff when tab/F8 is being a bitch. Clicking icons and hotbuttons is :barf:

Xantares
Jul 25, 2006
I just don't know
Could be just because I never did much more than pull for groups. I think I had the following on my hotbar: Mend, Flying Kick, Assist, Bind Wounds, Incoming message, FD, Throw, Sneak, and Sense Heading. Compared to other games it feels like only a few.

Thanks for the tips. When I was killing skeletons in Kurn's up to level 12 I found I was only using Ward Undead and Dark Pact frequently, so that was a whopping two hotkeys.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I am interested in this product or service

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
edit: hell yeah got it back!

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 22, 2015

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Well, RIP all of Yevea's bard gear and all the upgrades I made to it after he quit. I had passed the set on to a really cool player who I leveled with, and while he was taking a break for school a higher up player in Empire stripped his character. =(

On the bright side of things, I had a lot of fun with it on my bard, and I'm glad I got to use all that gear to make another player so immersed. But it's kind of hosed up that nerds on a 17 year old elf simulator are so greedy that they would steal a 17 year old kid's account.

play on red guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

a real jerk posted:

play on red guys

already got it all back :)