Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Top of Machu Picchu to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
I wonder when Scott's going to break and throw away the closing up the plug bag theme...

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Tavarin posted:

Bob trying to get PFT to participate at the start is great.

"No, no no, he's not here, but Paul, you were saying before the show..." Also him continually mimicking the stammer was genius.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

SoupyTwist posted:

I wonder when Scott's going to break and throw away the closing up the plug bag theme...

Why would he? It's a good song.

Boola
Dec 7, 2005

Leospeare posted:

Why would he? It's a good song.

That song's okay

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Boola posted:

That song's okay

That a great song!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Between his TV show and podcasts, the closing of the plug bag theme is the only time Scott gets to sleep these days. That's why he lets it get longer and longer.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Where there is a CBB episode that I am not feeling, I fast forward and listen to the plus theme before bailing on the episode.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Is Jesse Ventura still stuck in the plug bag?

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

I really enjoyed this episode. Some great stuff and it was cool hearing Cross sound actually engaged after last time. I liked Zin quite a bit too.

C+

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Great b-b-b-boner ep. John Grant, a singer-songwriter I'd never heard of before, stole the show. Funny dude.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Good episode and yea, John Grant was great for it. Wasn't sure at first on him but he went with things well.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I like that Gemberling seems to just want to do characters that gently caress with Scott.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

LesterGroans posted:

I like that Gemberling seems to just want to do characters that gently caress with Scott.
Once Scott lost patience with his character, things really took off.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

"Your started off by... lustily ripping my cock off. "

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Drunkboxer posted:

"Your started off by... lustily ripping my cock off. "

Describe what you look like to the listeners."
"Well, I'm a bluish gunmetal, and the shape of a small dog."

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Gemberling is a treasure.

Wax Lion
Aug 24, 2009

The way DeBoer kept saying "YEAH... YEAH" was very grating.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

The ladies character was not great, but good ep anyway.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Olewithmilk posted:

The ladies character was not great, but good ep anyway.

Yea, I get what she was going for but it definitely needed a little something more.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
She reminded me a lot of some of the characters Stephanie Allynne (or is it Mary Holland?) has played on CBB and I4H - just kind of one-note "woman with no self confidence" types and not much to back that up. Not bad, but just a bit bland for the zaniness going on around them. I think that kind of character is hard to play for anyone, as they're so passive they'll always be backgrounded. What she really needed was Scott to give her some of his patented "make it way darker" magic that he uses to push PFT and Andy Daly's characters to more interesting places.

e: Also, I was really disappointed when Janet didn't show up at the end. Really thought Gemberling was saving her for a fun button at the end of the episode.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 20, 2015

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hold on... Are you talking about Janet of Janet's Granites?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Gemberling switching the instant Scott tried to develop something for a character was great, as was when he launched into French with an actual French-speaker in the room.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Man, I really want fake Sarah Silverman back on the show. Such a dumb but funny gimmick.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

feedmyleg posted:

What she really needed was Scott to give her some of his patented "make it way darker" magic that he uses to push PFT and Andy Daly's characters to more interesting places.

"Are you whoring out your cousin?"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
As much as I love Mookie's MJ, I found myself in the middle of today's episoide missing Jerrard Carmichael.
e: "Now that's more satisfying than... nah, I won't say it"

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Nov 23, 2015

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I love when Hee Hee's voice cracks into this demonic rasp. HEE HEEEEEEE!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

A bit late, but the John Grant episode was pretty great. Was not expecting him to be as funny as he was. Favorite moment was John Gemberling and Jocelyn DeBoer making STD jokes and having John Grant (Who is fairly famously HIV positive) calmly and quickly answer that it wouldnt be the end of the world.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
The next Len Wiseman appearance should be interesting. Evidently all the sex-parties took a toll on his marriage to Kate Beckinsale.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Best-of voting is live.

http://www.earwolf.com/show/comedy-bang-bang/

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I think this was a pretty good year for cbb because I'm having a hard time picking 10 :shrug:

e: my friend and I hashed it out and we came up with 323, 327, 329, 336, 341, 351, 355, 356, 373, 378

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 26, 2015

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
So I'm watching the Daniel Radcliffe movie Horns. In the background of one scene, you can very clearly hear the theme music from What Am I Thinking? Now, I assume that's a real piece of music that Scott cribbed from somewhere and wasn't composed for the podcast, but a major plot point of this movie is that after Daniel Radcliffe grows horns, the people he is in contact with are compelled to tell him...what they are thinking. Are the filmmakers giving a nod to CBB?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

tnimark posted:

So I'm watching the Daniel Radcliffe movie Horns. In the background of one scene, you can very clearly hear the theme music from What Am I Thinking? Now, I assume that's a real piece of music that Scott cribbed from somewhere and wasn't composed for the podcast, but a major plot point of this movie is that after Daniel Radcliffe grows horns, the people he is in contact with are compelled to tell him...what they are thinking. Are the filmmakers giving a nod to CBB?

It's a pretty famous song by the flaming lips dude, you are overthinking this.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Haha oh ok. I had never heard it before. In that case, you're definitely right. I really thought I was onto something and now I feel like a huge dingus.

tnimark fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Nov 26, 2015

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Episode 93, Paul Giamatti trying to use Reggie Watts looping machine. Purely amazing.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think this is the first time they've let you actually see the results so

Ep #356 - Heynong Man (Jason Mantzoukas, Paul F. Tompkins) 9.4% (814 votes)
Ep #336 - NOT Farts and Procreation 4 (Harris Wittels, Chelsea Peretti & Adam Scott) 7.78% (674 votes)
Ep #355 - Kid Detectives (Lauren Lapkus, Thomas Middleditch) 6.07% (526 votes)
Ep #342 - A Silicon Valley P-Cast (Thomas Middleditch, Kumail Nanjiani, Martin Starr & Paul F. Tompkins) 5.17% (448 votes)
Ep #349 - The 6th Anniversary Show! (Paul F. Tompkins, Lauren Lapkus, Thomas Middleditch, Neil Campbell, Mike Hanford, Joe Wengert, Paul Scheer & Erin Whitehead) 5.01% (434 votes)
Ep #378 - Mailer Daemon (Jason Mantzoukas, Nick Kroll) 4.39% (380 votes)
Ep #377 - Good Night In The Morning (Tatiana Maslany, Kristian Bruun, Paul F. Tompkins & Lauren Lapkus) - 4.12% (357 votes)
Ep #365 - Bongo vs. Bongos (Jason Mantzoukas, Andy Daly & Paul F. Tompkins) 3.97% (344 votes)
Ep #351 - CBB: The Movie (Sean Clements, Hayes Davenport, Ben Rodgers & Hayley Huntley) 3.7% (320 votes)
Ep #354 - Solo Bolo: Dos Lo (Ben Schwartz) 3.65% (316 votes)

I think it's been kind of a weak year

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I still had trouble picking. 6th Anniversary was really strong, went back and listened to it last night. I'm glad CBB: The Movie is hanging in there. I hope Farts and Pro wins, Heynong man wasn't that great of an episode overall. Lapkus was excellent this year, no solo bolo should ever be on a top 10.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Thomas Middleditch was the break out guest of the year.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I just realised they didn't do a time bobby 4 this year which is probably for the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
The Top 10 tends to gravitate more towards the episodes that are really memorable, which aren't necessarily the same as the funniest ones (which is fair enough). I would say this year has had plenty of the latter, not so many of the former. Episode of the year has to be Good Night in the Morning for me though.

Also, I know I can't be the only person for whom CBB Best Of has become one of their favourite parts of Christmas, right? If only for the Scott/PFT talk. Doug Loves Movies 12 Guests episode(s) is also solidly into 'tradition' territory at this point.