Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Koguma posted:

I had to retry for Leonhardt multiple times. Kept opening the fight with either Demon Flames or Dead Emperor Sword and then his lion buddies and the clones would just eat me alive.

^^^ Chapter 9 spoilers vvvv

Yeah, 100% the hardest fight in the game for me. I had Kloe's S-Craft charged and ready to go and used it right after his opening move.

The most frustrating, however, was just before that. The last fight with Luciola was incredibly aggravating because Mist Storm kept putting half my party to sleep and I kept accidentally killing my team with Phantom Raid or Cocytus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

smenj posted:

Literally the hardest fight in the game by an absolute mile for me. Most fights were fine, usually enjoyable, but that one was just utter bullshit.

Yeah same. The only one harder was chapter 8 abyss worms and that's cause I didn't catch onto their gimmick

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I ended up grinding up like 5 levels on shining poms, and then (with my raher speed-oriented build) it wasn't too bad except for the couple times l was a hair away from a party wipe, including when I thought I had it almost won...

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

It's really interesting to hear what other people had trouble with, because I know for a fact that I did that quest and I beat that fight, but I barely remember it.

Well, that one was pretty much down to luck. It seemed that pretty much any time I got any of them down to vaguely lowish health , two or more of them would immediately spawn another, and it was just completely unmanageable if you didn't manage to kill nearly all of them immediately. Others had it so that they enemies just didn't bother spawning any others, and had no trouble at all. One fight I do hear complaints about that I personally had no issue at all with was the (Chapter 9 boss spoilers) Lorence fight.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

OddObserver posted:

I ended up grinding up like 5 levels on shining poms, and then (with my raher speed-oriented build) it wasn't too bad except for the couple times l was a hair away from a party wipe, including when I thought I had it almost won...

Where are shining poms in the final chapter?

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

The big white squid things in the last tunnel area have them, not sure if anything else does.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

The Doomhammer posted:

The big white squid things in the last tunnel area have them, not sure if anything else does.

That's the one I used.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Thanks, that worked like a charm. I fought the last squid in the third Tunnel and after a couple of battles managed to get 6 poms who were promptly murdered by Agate's Dragon Dive. 9999 exp and everyone is near level 90 now.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

OddObserver posted:

That's the one I used.

Likewise, it's got six, and with Agate's final S-Craft, sniping mass amounts of Poms is trivial.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Is it strictly necessary to bring certain characters to certain fights in the final dungeon? I just took out the first boss there and I'm about to embark on the second. Zane seems like a logical story character to bring but my Zane is only like level 65. And I'll be damned if I bring Tita anywhere.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Levantine posted:

Is it strictly necessary to bring certain characters to certain fights in the final dungeon? I just took out the first boss there and I'm about to embark on the second. Zane seems like a logical story character to bring but my Zane is only like level 65. And I'll be damned if I bring Tita anywhere.

Necessary? No. I didn't take Olivier for the same reason.

Take Zane anyway.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

zane'll get like 9999exp in his first fight and gain 10 levels, it's hard to tell when levels are close but the game scales exp super hard.

9999 is not hyperbole, that's actually what happens

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Cake Attack posted:

zane'll get like 9999exp in his first fight and gain 10 levels, it's hard to tell when levels are close but the game scales exp super hard.

9999 is not hyperbole, that's actually what happens

I got that once killing the 6 poms in Liberl Ark Tunnel 3 but yeah, you're probably right. The final area is a really, really long area so I'm a little burned out today. I'll probably wrap up the game tomorrow after getting Zane up to speed.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Levantine posted:

I got that once killing the 6 poms in Liberl Ark Tunnel 3 but yeah, you're probably right. The final area is a really, really long area so I'm a little burned out today. I'll probably wrap up the game tomorrow after getting Zane up to speed.

The final pillar has a warp elevator, so if you unlocked the sky tram, it's not as long a trek as it could be.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, it's not that bad. I didn't mostly because Kloe and Agate were my main damage and you can't remove the other two party members so :effort:.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

smenj posted:

Literally the hardest fight in the game by an absolute mile for me. Most fights were fine, usually enjoyable, but that one was just utter bullshit.

Pretty sure they only spawn a new one when they're below 1/3-1/4 health, so any time that got near I stopped everything and focusfired the one that was low. At all other times, Stone Impact.

Still pretty bullshit, especially the first time that happened.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Yo the OVA for trails in the sky is horribly paced garbage, about the only nice thing I have to say about that thing is its got decent animation.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
Is it possible to end or forfeit a fight early because boy the (Zeiss quest before ch.3 starts) Divine Penguin fight can become a big mess fast if you don't expect to get confused by everything. I spent 2 minutes watching everyone whack each other.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

Metroixer posted:

Is it possible to end or forfeit a fight early because boy the (Zeiss quest before ch.3 starts) Divine Penguin fight can become a big mess fast if you don't expect to get confused by everything. I spent 2 minutes watching everyone whack each other.

Not beyond just quitting the game and reloading your save. Though, honestly if you're having general trouble with a particular status effect, go back to town and grab the accessory that blocks it. I ended up with a full set of every standard accessory and man does it make things easier.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

Yo the OVA for trails in the sky is horribly paced garbage, about the only nice thing I have to say about that thing is its got decent animation.

How's the voice cast?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Some Numbers posted:

How's the voice cast?

It's allright, though it's mostly the Estelle and Joshua who is around earlier than he should be because hes the real hero and Estelle can only swoon and angst about Joshua show.

Zane is literally in the background of one scene and never shows up for the initial Walter encounter.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Nov 18, 2015

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

It's allright, though it's mostly the Estelle and Joshua who is around earlier than he should be because hes the real hero and Estelle can only swoon and angst about Joshua.

Zane is literally in the background of one scene and never shows up for the initial Walter encounter.

That...is an interesting take on Estelle's character.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Levantine posted:

I was gonna say, I'd really like to see the dialogue between each enforcer > hero, but I just brang Kloe and Agate for each fight :argh:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Zaggitz posted:

It's allright, though it's mostly the Estelle and Joshua who is around earlier than he should be because hes the real hero and Estelle can only swoon and angst about Joshua show.

Okay, this OVA sounds terrible already.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Koguma posted:

I was gonna say, I'd really like to see the dialogue between each enforcer > hero, but I just brang Kloe and Agate for each fight :argh:

That's my team also. Agate makes things so much easier with Wild Rage and with one of the Zemurian Ore weapons just absolutely wrecks face. Kloe is there mostly for her healing S-craft. I'm gonna give Zane a shot (and maybe Schera for that fight). But Tita will ride the bench for the rest of the game.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Levantine posted:

Kloe is there mostly for her healing S-craft.

Man, give her the huge ATS-boosting armor (Duende Slippers, Aurelia Dress, Mind Orb); she would easily keep pace damage-wise with my other Z-Ore Weapon user (Joshua). At end game my Kloe had over 1150 ATS, it was awesome.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kyrosiris posted:

Man, give her the huge ATS-boosting armor (Duende Slippers, Aurelia Dress, Mind Orb); she would easily keep pace damage-wise with my other Z-Ore Weapon user (Joshua). At end game my Kloe had over 1150 ATS, it was awesome.

Keep pace my rear end, Kloe was the best damage dealer in the game as soon as the Duende Slippers happened.

This was actually one of my objections to the game! Olivier's supposed to be a good mage! But all the super powered casting equipment was female exclusive!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Supremezero posted:

Keep pace my rear end, Kloe was the best damage dealer in the game as soon as the Duende Slippers happened.

Oh yeah, I meant more at endgame when Zemurian Ore weapons were in play. My damage output was Agate >>> Kloe >= Joshua > Estelle.

In the midgame when you first get the Slippers, good god.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Supremezero posted:

This was actually one of my objections to the game! Olivier's supposed to be a good mage! But all the super powered casting equipment was female exclusive!

Hmm that is a bit annoying.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Kyrosiris posted:

She wipes random encounters fast, though my Joshua has kept pace with her due to the way he's built also. He focuses on AT delay so I have him focused on Speed, and when AT delay doesn't work he casts magic so his ATS is ~1000. The late boss encounters require so much healing that Kloe doesn't get to do much else until the adds are finished though.

Is there a good way to get Zodiac on Kloe that I'm not seeing?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Using Kloe mainly for healing (except her special) is a mistake, IMHO: it wastes her excellent ATS stat, as healing amounts are fixed. I think Estelle may actually be the best choice for healing, since you can get it on her orbment while still focusing on physical damage and speed; so she can pretty much do both healing and solid but unspectacular secondary stick-in-face damage.

(Boy is chapter 7 hard if you're like me and lean heavily on Kloe-nuking, though...)

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

OddObserver posted:

Using Kloe mainly for healing (except her special) is a mistake, IMHO: it wastes her excellent ATS stat, as healing amounts are fixed. I think Estelle may actually be the best choice for healing, since you can get it on her orbment while still focusing on physical damage and speed; so she can pretty much do both healing and solid but unspectacular secondary stick-in-face damage.

(Boy is chapter 7 hard if you're like me and lean heavily on Kloe-nuking, though...)

The way I'm set up is Estelle for maximum physical damage (ultimate weapon), Agate for maximum physical damage (ultimate weapon), Joshua for maximum speed/ATS so he can delay/cast like a motherfucker, Kloe for maximum DEF/ADS/ATS so she can survive a long rear end time and heal/cast. I really haven't had any issues with this setup at all. The only times Kloe really has to heal are against the bosses in Axis Tower or when doing Wild Rage spam.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, I also used Estelle as my healer; Kloe had the AoE heals and popped them if needed but usually she was doing 3k Shadow Spears with like 0 cast time. It was awesome.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
So can Kloe conceivably get Zodiac or is that pretty much reserved for Olivier and Schera? I am staring at her orbment and I just can't figure it out.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Levantine posted:

So can Kloe conceivably get Zodiac or is that pretty much reserved for Olivier and Schera? I am staring at her orbment and I just can't figure it out.

It gets easier the later you get. One thing to keep in mind earlier on though is that Scent is a godsend for getting Zodiac. It gets you half of what you need for every element (except wind, which it gets you all of), so hybrid quartz lets you finish the elemental requirement.

Eventually you just get powerful enough quartz that you don't need hybrids, though.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 18, 2015

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, Scent, Yin-Yang (fits in one of her Water slots), Septium Vein, and Ingenuity together will make the elemental requirements happen, and EP Cut 4 finishes the Mirage requirements.

You'd miss out on critical stuff like Action/Cast quartz though, so I wouldn't bother with something like this; I usually get my Strength boosts from Estelle's Morale, and the way I did her quartz she has La Crest, so that's covered. :shrug:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, Scent, Yin-Yang (fits in one of her Water slots), Septium Vein, and Ingenuity together will make the elemental requirements happen, and EP Cut 4 finishes the Mirage requirements.

You'd miss out on critical stuff like Action/Cast quartz though, so I wouldn't bother with something like this; I usually get my Strength boosts from Estelle's Morale, and the way I did her quartz she has La Crest, so that's covered. :shrug:

Ok, I see, I think Septium Vein is on someone else which is what I was missing. But yeah, she loses out on too much utility to get it so I'll just have to give Loewe another without. Fight is hard!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Levantine posted:

Ok, I see, I think Septium Vein is on someone else which is what I was missing. But yeah, she loses out on too much utility to get it so I'll just have to give Loewe another without. Fight is hard!

Slam him with Clock Down immediately and get as many Clock Up EXes out as fast as you can. Clock Down is the real pivot on which that fight can turn, because he's SO loving fast otherwise. :psyduck:

It also helps to shell the field with Cocytus/Death Scream and Dragon Dive to get his little helpers gone ASAP.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Kyrosiris posted:

Slam him with Clock Down immediately and get as many Clock Up EXes out as fast as you can. Clock Down is the real pivot on which that fight can turn, because he's SO loving fast otherwise. :psyduck:

It also helps to shell the field with Cocytus/Death Scream and Dragon Dive to get his little helpers gone ASAP.

My second try went a lot better. I got lucky with turn modifiers ended up stealing every critical turn with either Estelle or Agate. Even he can't eat 9-10k criticals for long. Cutscene after was super worth it :)

EDIT: speaking of criticals, where is the Strike 2 orb? I seem to have missed it somewhere.

Levantine fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
I realize that you've beaten him by now, but by the point you're at, it's actually possible to manage to get Zodiac just with high end quartz. My final Kloe setup has (... spoilers? Maybe?) Sapphire Gem, Water Gem, Ingenuity (why would you not want Ingenuity), Yin-Yang, Topaz Gem, Wood Gem, and Gold Gem. The only thing she's really missing at that point is the high level attack time magic.