Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

teagone posted:

From what I'm reading people are just giving them poo poo because they wanted to brag about their e-peen or something by mentioning morton salt a lot.

They do quite enjoy salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl L
Nov 9, 2015

I spent money on an image and a few lines of text.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You need all four maxed to buy a gift from each respective map for 500 of that map's currency. The exception's the gliding gift which comes from Miyani for 300 of each currency.

That's really not all that bad. Most of the map currency is easy enough to get and you're getting xp along the way. Two birds with one stone.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

AzureSkye posted:

They do quite enjoy salt.

They deleted a bunch of tweets from their guild twitter account, one of which they mentioned going to a raid completion after party sponsored by morton salt :haw:

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Mercurius posted:

Tricks, please post the image. You know the one.

Karl L
Nov 9, 2015

I spent money on an image and a few lines of text.
An rear end to die for.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I jumped in on a goon raid and fought the last boss for a bit. Seems alright though we were behind on the enrage time by a lot. I input the numbers into a spreadsheet and found that we'd have cleared it if only we had 5% more stats.

Also the vale fight makes me feel like a cool dude playing a chronomancer. Alacrity everyone and poo poo out a bunch of cc when needed.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
game is ded, raids killed it, rip game

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Karl L posted:

That's really not all that bad. Most of the map currency is easy enough to get and you're getting xp along the way. Two birds with one stone.

Oh, yeah, I was explaining how it worked since the guy Merc was replying to asked

Ibblebibble posted:

If that's stuff that you have to combine in the MF, how do you get more than one?

Also stop stoning birds :argh:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Lyer posted:

Kes, you think the general goon kingdom will be able to do pick up runs within guild as the raids stand?

echoing cletus: no

The raids require people to actually pay attention during fights (impossible) and not use halfassed builds. Like, you don't need to bring minmax to the fight at all, but the typical builds posted in this thread starting with "i've been running nomad's and relying on field dispersion in inventions" isn't going to cut it

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
You'll be able to take random people to the raid a few months from now after they nerf it to try to get more than 200 people to play it once a week.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Visidan posted:

You'll be able to take random people to the raid a few months from now after they nerf it to try to get more than 200 people to play it once a week.

after they change the liquid gold rewards to be John Smith popping out of the boss chest to pee on you in lieu of coin

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Kessel posted:

The raids require people to actually pay attention during fights (impossible) and not use halfassed builds. Like, you don't need to bring minmax to the fight at all, but the typical builds posted in this thread starting with "i've been running nomad's and relying on field dispersion in inventions" isn't going to cut it

Someone linked their mesmer's rabid gear in guild chat and I had an aneurysm. At least it was ascended.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They finally fixed the reward chests not popping up if you already had 100% map completion, but I didn't know how far back that bug went, I got map completion rewards for drytop and southsun :psyduck:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Kessel posted:

So that's a no in terms of group fluidity we see in destiny. It's a shame, I'm not a huge fan of the whole static group stuff, just leads to huge amounts of drama in house.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

did anyone here beat the raid

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i can see there being a lot of variety in terms of what can and can't fill roles but there's some things you might want to absolutely have, such as someone who has stacked toughness and is built to last so they can keep the boss's attention. healing can probably be covered by more than a few things, and i really don't think druid is absolutely required. boon stripping is also required at some points. the rest is mostly just damage.

also, voice chat helps a lot.

Aug 24, 2011

toughness = scrapper
boon strip = mallyx rev

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Adhesive Gamin posted:

The best part of this DnT poo poo is the hordes of people coming out hooting and hollering about some kind of moral victory over the Mean Nerds Who Were Good At A Video Game that called their builds bad.
So are you just being contrarian for its own sake at this point or what?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

U.T. Raptor posted:

So are you just being contrarian for its own sake at this point or what?

It is possible to find both the meta builds created by the spergasaurs useful and extremely capable for game content, and also their gloating about being first to completing instances they worked on unlike everyone else completely backfiring hilarious

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Bieeardo posted:

Oh christ, I just found out that karka are real.

http://i.imgur.com/NnXTAx0.jpg

Coconut crabs are supposedly super chill and super delicious.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Whats a good melee scrapper build?

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

They finally fixed the reward chests not popping up if you already had 100% map completion, but I didn't know how far back that bug went, I got map completion rewards for drytop and southsun :psyduck:

Drytop, Southsun, and Silverwastes rewards were added in the expansion patch.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

I don't pop in this thread very often, so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I wanted to state it.

I am a super nerd when it comes to the animations on Legendary Blademaster Diarmid. I love how elegant and lovingly crafted the tracking is and at the risk of sounding like a wierdo I will admit that when I am targetted I move around from side to side so I can watch their head track my character.

It's an amazing piece of design and I am sure someone on the team worked really hard on it. Or multiple someones. I don't care, just know that you did a great job.

The weapon switching animations are fantastic when they aren't bugging out, too. That might just be my old, inferior computer though.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Announcing the Winners of the Guild Wars 2 Guild Emblem Contest

That quaggan :allears:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

BexGu posted:

Whats a good melee scrapper build?

I'm using...

Firearms:
(2) Heavy armor exploit
(1) No scope
(3) Modified ammunition
Alchemy:
(2) Invigorating Speed
(1/3) Backpack Regenerator if you have Grenades
(1) HGH
Scrapper:
(1) Regeneration Matrix
(3) Rapid Regeneration
(3) Perfectly Weighted

Elixir heal, B, and C/R/S or Grenades if you want a long range option.

This gives a decent amount of might, heals, and vigor on top of great damage.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Is there anymore content after the first raid boss? If not that is one short raid wing.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

The Emperor's New Groove. [GRUV]

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

LiftAuff posted:

Is there anymore content after the first raid boss? If not that is one short raid wing.

Did you beat it? What were the rewards like?

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Didn't beat him but seemed kinda easy. Only problem was optimizing builds and gear for max dps. Most groups seem to wipe once the enrage timer kicks in. I only did around 50 minutes of raiding though.

e: perhaps I just got luck with the group I was running with but dps seemed to be the only problem

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Nov 18, 2015

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Lyer posted:

So that's a no in terms of group fluidity we see in destiny. It's a shame, I'm not a huge fan of the whole static group stuff, just leads to huge amounts of drama in house.

Yeah but everyone in Destiny is DPS and your spec just changes that 1 or 2% and makes your hands glow a different color. The only way to achieve group member fluidity is to make content really really easy.

Aug 24, 2011

first place won $25

if that's what they pay artists something something art sucks

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

No Pants posted:

Drytop, Southsun, and Silverwastes rewards were added in the expansion patch.

I made about 50g off of zone rewards on my alts last night (most had southsun, like 3-4 had drytop, one had SW), along with a boatload of ectos/dark ectos/mats/curriencies, and 1.5 BL tickets.

Southsun in particular is super fast to clear and has great rewards.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Some of these pre-precursor skins are kinda funny.

The Hunter Experiment
"This did not come out quite as expected"

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Trogdos! posted:

This is p. much heart of thorns.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Trogdos! posted:

Some of these pre-precursor skins are kinda funny.

The Hunter Experiment

That's actually the secret best weapon set they added.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Dreggon posted:

first place won $25

if that's what they pay artists something something art sucks

That signed art book is pretty nifty though. GW2 has nice arts

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Oh dear. I mentioned before that I do tweaking to some of my character's gear such that I always have a bit more survivability. I was planning on having my ranger use my current power based set for druid poo poo in raids. But now I'm questioning if I will end up accidently drawing aggro from not being full zerk, and if I will actually need some amount of healing power to be relevant in making GBS threads out druid heals. I've already decided to get a viper set with some dire trinkets for condition damage. Maybe I should pick up something with healing power instead.

Of course this will all be when my job lets me have enough time to start playing often again. So probably months from now. :(

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Obviously the prime raiding team setup is 10 Chronomancers, all feeding each other Alacrity and Quickness constantly.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Thanks to gliding, I found out a quirk of the sylvari:

Their feet get the luminescence too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Mizuti posted:

Thanks to gliding, I found out a quirk of the sylvari:

Their feet get the luminescence too!