Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
of course double xp is active when I'm out of town :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

One mission of that campaign was enough for me. I want that cool animated flaming skull playercard, but I don't think I can do it.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

phew, finished the double kills with glitch, doing it with the tempest should be a lot easier because it's like...an actual gun.

Hardpoint, and glitching as you throw grenades took care of that one. Nuketown can go either way but the problem is people dont group up on poo poo in Nuketown too often unless it's the windows. People HATE objective play on Nuketown they just want to run around or lay prone behind a truck or something

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Aww damnit, I'm probably gonna be playing Battlefront all weekend :(

That's most likely why they are doing double XP this weekend :haw:

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Aww damnit, I'm probably gonna be playing Battlefront all weekend :(

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

puppy party posted:

I love Nomad and his sweet, sweet bees, but Jesus gently caress I hate goddamned rejack. It's such a poo poo ability because you lose half your meter if you don't punch it when you have it, and everyone knows to camp the mist. Once you pop up you can't immediately shoot and you just get pooped on. I wish you could rejack and then have ANY kills after count towards it, because the window for immediately shooting mans after seems too drat short.

Rejack has been pretty decent to me. It seems most people still don't know about it.

dragon enthusiast posted:

Nobody ever scrolls down that far, keep up the good fight though

Mister Macys posted:

The app doesn't show any of that junk, sooo

:negative:

versus fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 18, 2015

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

versus posted:

Rejack has been pretty decent to me. It seems most people still don't know about it.

Everyone who plays Pro Arena on PC knows about it, since it's banned every single game.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
In a game where the core mechanic is "Shoot mans to remove them from the immediate area for a short while", Rejack is loving terrible game design.

I'm not saying that it can't be useful, and it's certainly not as OP as it was in beta, just that it should never have been there in the first place.

In other news it seems that one dudes invisibility skill is goddamn worthless if you're paying any attention at all. You can still see him cloaked pretty easily. To the point that a dude ran up to me in a corridor on Aquarium in HC Dom and I punched him in the face before he got a shot off. The only advantage I could see is using it to confuse people at range when youre capping a point. But then they just throw explosives anyway.

I hit 55 finally last night. Gonna burn all my Unlock tokens on crap to try it out then prestige before double XP. Any recommendations on high level unlocks? Been using the Razorback, it owns. Don't really like the c4, I'm used to chucking my lethals halfway across the map into a window. I'm bad at burst fire guns so I'm hesitant on the M8A7, though I mostly play Hardcore now so maybe thats less of an issue.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Nov 18, 2015

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:
Haven't played CoD since mw3. I'm liking the blackness of these ops. Does it matter what region I'm in if I want to play with goons? I suck a whole lot.

PSN: Kurstein

Also is the ICR-1 any good? I've been using it with FMJ and suppressor but it still feels weak sometimes. I was a big fan of the g36c, is there anything that feels kinda like it?

E: found the community, sent a request

Barf Wight fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Nov 18, 2015

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Huh. I thought I was in the PS4 CoD community but I guess not. PSN = Static_Rook. I just sent a request.

Also, the double XP is gonna be great. Battlefront is very underwhelming so it'll be nice to actually gets kills when I out-position an enemy.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

before I unlocked useful attachments I was running laser on the vesper and managed to get a couple 'oh poo poo' hip fire kills but... why would you want to do that. that's what shotguns are for

now if you said 'whats the best SMG for putting a stock on and getting mach 3 side strafe ADS speeds' id understand

I already have a Shotgun I like doing that with, I just wanted an SMG for going around with a suppressor all solo hush :shobon: To be honest I haven't properly played a CoD game since Blops2 and I used to do that with SMGs because I'm bad when doing straight killing modes like TDM or Kill Confirmed, so maybe that isn't a good idea any more?

Mister Macys posted:

Invites sent.

PSN: Mister_Macys -> Communities -> Call of Duty SA Goons

We're over 80 goons now! :woop:

I sent a request to the community too, would be good to play with more goons!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
What's the easiest way to send a LFG/LFM to the PS4 community anyways? There's a thing that posts a party to the group but I have notIced it get used.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

See: Fibby boy
Dude got real good just by playing Black Ops with goons.

Exhibit a:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTy3d1fMvAE

U.S. Barryl
Apr 16, 2003
Can I get a community invite? I haven't played since BLOPSII so I'm a bit rusty, but I'm getting better. It would be nice to play with goons again since all my friends bought fallout instead.

PSN: DadIsDrunk

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Mister Macys posted:

We're over 80 goons now! :woop:

What's the protocol for joining up with PS4 goons? Just look for parties running in the community?

versus
Sep 11, 2001

I think I applied for the group? Or something. Also I'm going to stream. http://www.twitch.tv/versussa

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mister Macys posted:

Have you been practicing regularly?
You'll get rusty if you don't play often enough.

Also, if you're a PC gamer, switching to a controller can gently caress you up. My friend isn't nearly as good as he is on a computer.

Finally, play with goons and cap points. We won't care how bad you are. #broderkrunk/yoderkrunk

This man speaks the truth. I'm an old woman (literally), my global KDR is something like .68 but the good goons let me play with them and I redeem myself by capping points and acting as a live decoy for people who can shoot. :patriot:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Obsurveyor posted:

What's the protocol for joining up with PS4 goons? Just look for parties running in the community?

Yeah, basically. Check profiles of people you play with on your friends list, they may be in groups for other games too that you may be interested in (Rocket League, etc.).

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
MosquitoJones angrily cursing into her mic about whatever bullshit is the best.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Inside Out Mom posted:

MosquitoJones angrily cursing into her mic about whatever bullshit is the best.
You can figure out what my latency is by the number of swears. Good connection? People die when I shoot them? Maybe 1 or 2 gently caress-yous per minute. Bad latency? That's gonna jump up to 10 or so.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I've got a question about controls: someone mentioned to me that Bumper Jumper is a good control scheme, so I tried it out a little and I'm trying to get used to it.

I quite like how I can jump and aim/shoot at people at the same time, I guess it's making me a bit more unpredictable while someone is shooting me. Although I suspect that now I'm quite often jumping around pointlessly during gunfights though so I'm not too sure if it's actually helping me or not.

Does anyone else use this control scheme? Or do people generally not need to jump around as much so it's not worth taking jump off a face button?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

RoboJoe posted:

I've got a question about controls: someone mentioned to me that Bumper Jumper is a good control scheme, so I tried it out a little and I'm trying to get used to it.

I quite like how I can jump and aim/shoot at people at the same time, I guess it's making me a bit more unpredictable while someone is shooting me. Although I suspect that now I'm quite often jumping around pointlessly during gunfights though so I'm not too sure if it's actually helping me or not.

Does anyone else use this control scheme? Or do people generally not need to jump around as much so it's not worth taking jump off a face button?

Bumper jumper tactical is the one true control scheme.

Mobility is as important as ever in bl3ps. Being able to jump/slide without taking your thumbs off the sticks is much more useful than tactical/melee.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Killing someone while jumping gives you an extra +25 points so there's that, but I've never fully understood the need for a scuf controller.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

SubponticatePoster posted:

This man speaks the truth. I'm an old woman (literally), my global KDR is something like .68 but the good goons let me play with them and I redeem myself by capping points and acting as a live decoy for people who can shoot. :patriot:

Huh I'm mid-30's and have played first person shooters all my life -- and my k/d is 0.71.

I loving SUCK. :negative:

versus
Sep 11, 2001

PSA: having a clan tag on your gun counts as an attachment for the "no attachments" camo challenge (at least on the Drakon, as I just found out) :shepface:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Drav posted:

Huh I'm mid-30's and have played first person shooters all my life -- and my k/d is 0.71.

I loving SUCK. :negative:

No, this is SA. The only statistic that matters is win/loss, and if you're playing with goons, it is literally impossible to go negative.

Welcome to the winning team. :smug:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Uh... this has to be a recent bug.

But meanwhile, Long Barrel on ARs doubles their ranges. Just straight up doubles. No min damage bumps, no small % increase, nope, doubles.

Works on Shieva headshots too. One burst across the map with M8? Sure!

If it's not, between that and highcal, they very, very clearly want ARs to dominate SMGs at a distance. They certainly will with that on O_o

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

victrix posted:

But meanwhile, Long Barrel on ARs doubles their ranges. Just straight up doubles. No min damage bumps, no small % increase, nope, doubles.

Can't you stack long barrel and silencer? If so does that mean a silenced AR might be a viable option?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

puppy party posted:

Can't you stack long barrel and silencer? If so does that mean a silenced AR might be a viable option?

I don't know how they combine, I'll do some testing later. Some suppressed ARs are already pretty good for various reasons, but I can't imagine they'd let you do a silenced long range AR. Maybe I'm wrong!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

puppy party posted:

You can on shotguns at the very least.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Mister Macys posted:

No, this is SA. The only statistic that matters is win/loss, and if you're playing with goons, it is literally impossible to go negative.

Welcome to the winning team. :smug:
It's true

I haven't played this with goons, and I haven't won a game since last week

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.
Just requested to join the Boon community, Looking to Pair up with some people to make cod fun because when i play alone i get too try hard...

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So if I casual arena-based shooter sounds fun to me, codblops is right up my alley, right?

Any horrible problems with the PC port?

v Oh, is it dead? Alas. Nevermind then I suppose.

edit: Yet on Steam it says '21,132 In-Game'? That's a lot!

Daily Forecast fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 19, 2015

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The dozens of people playing it.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
What about xbone? Any goons playing? I play around 7-9pm PST and want to win.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Daily Forecast posted:

So if I casual arena-based shooter sounds fun to me, codblops is right up my alley, right?

Any horrible problems with the PC port?

v Oh, is it dead? Alas. Nevermind then I suppose.

edit: Yet on Steam it says '21,132 In-Game'? That's a lot!

It's perfectly fine. The biggest issue with it that input is tied to your framerate so if you can't run the game at above your monitor's refresh rate your mouse input will feel laggy, inconsistent and weird. Obviously less of a problem for people with 60/75hz monitors but if you have a 120/144hz monitor you're gonna want to make sure you have a fairly beefy PC. The player count is highest a CoD game on PC has managed since black ops 2, I haven't had any issues finding games for any of the popular modes (DOM, TDM, S&D, HP).

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

deathmerc posted:

What about xbone? Any goons playing? I play around 7-9pm PST and want to win.

I should be on tonight. I'm R0BERTC0P on XBONE.

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

Sent a community request on PS4 as SynthJ. Pretty sure all my real life friends have quit this game at this point.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mine certainly did. I'm the last CoD fan left in my circle.

Not surprising though. Half quit after MW2 :supaburn:, and BLOPS finished off the rest.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Nov 19, 2015

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i had a friend that played blops2 split-screen with me once. that set the hook for cod but I've never played online games with any of my irl friends :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Bloodmobile posted:

It's perfectly fine. The biggest issue with it that input is tied to your framerate so if you can't run the game at above your monitor's refresh rate your mouse input will feel laggy, inconsistent and weird. Obviously less of a problem for people with 60/75hz monitors but if you have a 120/144hz monitor you're gonna want to make sure you have a fairly beefy PC. The player count is highest a CoD game on PC has managed since black ops 2, I haven't had any issues finding games for any of the popular modes (DOM, TDM, S&D, HP).

I remember playing the beta and I thought it was fine, so I guess no worries.

Welp, looks like I just spent $42 on my first CoD game ever(!).

I am almost certain that I am going to regret this.

• Locked thread