Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Sooper Gila posted:

I saw the 1977 figures as a kid before I saw the film, had no idea what any of it was. I thought C3po had to be the main dude just because he was so shiny and gold so my grandfather bought me him to go with my micronauts.

I hated star wars as a kid (I was born in 1980) but I really liked C3PO because he was so cool-looking. I definitely bought the ESB version with removable limbs because gently caress yes. Then I promptly tried to take the head off and broke it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So either Winnipeg got poo poo or we're scalper city. No sign of Phasma or anything really. Just Han, Luke and Finn as usual.

Nor were there any of the NECA Supes, Batman or Joker. Nothing. Like not even a section.

NOW - I did see a ton of boxes getting ready. So MAYBE this weekend? Who knows. Expecting everything gone by tomorrow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vintersorg posted:

So either Winnipeg got poo poo or we're scalper city. No sign of Phasma or anything really. Just Han, Luke and Finn as usual.

Nor were there any of the NECA Supes, Batman or Joker. Nothing. Like not even a section.

NOW - I did see a ton of boxes getting ready. So MAYBE this weekend? Who knows. Expecting everything gone by tomorrow.

Did you look in the DVD/BR section for the NECA guys?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I feel so bad for not buying Finn...but goddamn is his figure boring. He really needs a lightsaber.

Anyone know when that version is coming out?

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

CelticPredator posted:

I feel so bad for not buying Finn...but goddamn is his figure boring. He really needs a lightsaber.

Anyone know when that version is coming out?

Is that even an official thing they've announced?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sort of. There's a K-Mart exclusive Kylo Ren snow base figure that connects with another figure. I'm assuming it'll be Finn.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rhyno posted:

Did you look in the DVD/BR section for the NECA guys?

Didn't think of that....

I'll check after work!

Also saw a goddamn $189 CAD Tie Fighter..... :o

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sooper Gila posted:

I saw the 1977 figures as a kid before I saw the film, had no idea what any of it was. I thought C3po had to be the main dude just because he was so shiny and gold so my grandfather bought me him to go with my micronauts.

Oy I really want that Btas Batmobile, one of the comic shops here got one and put it out on display and pictures really can't do it justice.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I hated star wars as a kid (I was born in 1980) but I really liked C3PO because he was so cool-looking. I definitely bought the ESB version with removable limbs because gently caress yes. Then I promptly tried to take the head off and broke it. :(

Well, looking back, having my pick of RotJ figures, I still have no idea why I chose General Madine.

At least when I had my pick of Secret Wars figures, I wisely chose Captain America.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
BBTS has the Batmobile for $85 with $7 shipping for anyone on the fence.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Red posted:

Well, looking back, having my pick of RotJ figures, I still have no idea why I chose General Madine.

At least when I had my pick of Secret Wars figures, I wisely chose Captain America.

When I was a kid my aunt was late getting me a birthday present and I knew when I got it, it would be the last one to arrive that year. When it finally arrived in the mail, I opened it and.....jeans. Two pairs of jeans. gently caress. But wait! The pockets were absolutely stuffed with ROTJ figures. I didn't like star wars, but toys are toys dammit. Then on closer inspection it was Madine, rancor keeper, and a bunch of jobbers. That was a real roller coaster as a kid.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

I guess there were peg warmers even as far back as the early 80's.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Found this at my local toys r us

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Found this at my local toys r us

How much? I feel compelled to buy one for all 4 of the turtles.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So far it's only for Leo which is bullshit.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Mr. Yuk posted:

How much? I feel compelled to buy one for all 4 of the turtles.

$90
Their were two their and the other one was being bought as I got mine off the shelf. I think this is the only one out as of now.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Havoc904 posted:

BBTS has the Batmobile for $85 with $7 shipping for anyone on the fence.

I've got one ordered along with a Batman. Now I've just gotta figure out a place to put it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Still no Reeves Superman in my neck of the woods. Getting close to paying somebody to send one to me.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Still no Reeves Superman in my neck of the woods. Getting close to paying somebody to send one to me.

I'm going Batmobile hunting tomorrow, I'll check for it at my TRU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I checked everywhere here and saw nothing of NECA for those figures. I'm just gonna assume Canada got poo poo. I did manage to get the Snow Trooper but there wasn't anything else.

I just want that drat Phasma. :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Does TRU carry DC Collectibles stuff?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Rage posted:

Nice, thanks. What does the batmobile look like? I'll keep an eye out for it and a Phasma too.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Once you go Star Wars Black, you don't go back.

It would be cool if I could track down Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma, but oh well. Those are the hot ones it seems.

While I am kinda pumped for the Force Awakens, on the down side, that means I will have to wait even longer to get Lando, Ackbar, Old Ben Kenobi and Leia with the hairbuns.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Nov 14, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Nice, thanks. What does the batmobile look like? I'll keep an eye out for it and a Phasma too.

It's a big rectangular black box, like 2 feet long.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Does TRU carry DC Collectibles stuff?

Nah, but there's a comic shop right near mine that I'm gonna check for it.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Louisgod posted:

It looks a little something like this...

I'm loving this thing. Misty Knight is subbing as a sidekick until I can get a Robin.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 15, 2015

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I can't believe how excited I am over Star Wars stuff. That big rear end tie fighter has showed up and if I didn't have other stuff to pay for I would be all over it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

No luck on Reeve or any of the NECA DVD figures today. Did find that my TRU has all the SHIELD Agent ML 3 packs marked at $29.99, so snagged one of those. $10 each can't beat that.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Rage posted:

No luck on Reeve or any of the NECA DVD figures today. Did find that my TRU has all the SHIELD Agent ML 3 packs marked at $29.99, so snagged one of those. $10 each can't beat that.

Yeah I noticed that was stealthy reduced in price the other day. Which is good timing since the employees had a 20% after hour event, which I grabbed it and the Villager amiibo.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Am I totally hallucinating or did someone in this thread post a recipe for an optimal 4" New Hope-style Obi-Wan figure? I've been looking at a lot of them, and none are 100% great IMO. I really want the head and articulation of the most recent two releases, but the soft goods on the lower half just completely ruin it for me. If I could find an Obi with a plastic robe that matches that version, I have the skills to cut it off and attach it to the one I otherwise like. Any suggestions?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Paging Xenomrph, they are making a life size Xenomorph egg and face hugger:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC12774&mode=retail&utm_source=site&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=Twitter

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Matty has new stuff for sale today at noon (eastern).

A year ago, I would've been excited about a Dragstor, but now? I'm just kind of meh. He looks nice, but for $40, I'm not blown away.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Rage posted:

Vegas and I found ONE (1) 7inch West Batman jammed down a random aisle at my TRU despite the display being prominent at the front (and empty). Gave a guy a heart attack by saying "gently caress Star Wars" in the gigantic Star Wars section. So tempted by the Neca Freddy Kruegers.

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005
Does anyone know which '80s toy line this figure is from? Spotted him in an ebay lot, and I have the faintest memory of (I think) another figure from the same line. It's going to drive me nuts until I know the name. Someone help!

EDIT: Nevermind! It's Space Commander from Fisher Price Adventure People. Oh man, what a relief.

Captain Morose fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 17, 2015

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm still striking out with finding Reeves Superman at TRU, still hoping somebody can eventually pick one up for me or TRU actually stocks them here.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Louisgod posted:

I'm still striking out with finding Reeves Superman at TRU, still hoping somebody can eventually pick one up for me or TRU actually stocks them here.

I'm going to check my usual spots again today too. Fingers crossed.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I'll stop by the TRU on my way home from work and give a look.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Yeah, nothing on Reeve supes. So thus far only one goon has seen them in the wild?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I dont even think my Toys R Us has a movie section. :3:

I also didnt see anything remotely close to the DC collectibles stuff here. Amazon.ca has some stuff but its like $140+ for the Batmobile.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Move to Montreal, there's a store downtown that had like 20 of them stacked up for $110.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Style Liger
Mar 10, 2013

Blackchamber posted:

Yeah, nothing on Reeve supes. So thus far only one goon has seen them in the wild?

I grabbed one last Friday, not really knowing how rare it was going to be. So the local Toys R' Us here on the South Coast of MA are getting at least some. There was one other on the pegs along with a couple of Bats and Jokers.

It's a great figure.