Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SARSfest
Oct 28, 2010

I like where this is going.
Real Talk: Pershing is a garbage tank with no redeeming features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
You're pretty wrong about that.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
it has the perfect amount of armor

just power creep overshadowing it really

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Bleremiah posted:

It happens, other times you will get win streaks where no matter how much you gently caress up your team still wins.

I tend to forget these far faster than losing streaks, which I'll bitterly remember forever.

Every time I start playing this game again, I try joining with the mentality that I'm only here to have a fun time shooting tanks and I only worry about my personal performance. I can both do well and not care about losses. When I start getting angry at my team for being worthless, the balance is lost, and I stop playing the game for another few months.

Do not be angry at the tank players, instead, focus your criticism internally, and achieve enlightenment.

SARSfest
Oct 28, 2010

I like where this is going.
I try, wise tonk guru, I really do, but a man can only watch defeat snatched from the jaws of victory by cunning pubbies so many times before he lashes out at the world.

edit: complaining about pubs, i become the ur-pubbie

SARSfest fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 18, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I can deal with my teammates being horrendous - I just need to play my best and have two competent platoonmates. I cannot deal with horrendous enemies - if you crush your side of the map, and somehow the opposing team lost on the other side of the map with a gigantic advantage, it really feels like a total waste.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

SARSfest posted:

The Pershing is still a good tank, its just all the new tier 8 mediums were given better guns. Power creep has really hurt a lot of tanks. It still has a great gold shell though, 268 pen APCR is fantastic in the realm of everything is HEAT.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'm pretty sure that solo-pubbing on NA West without getting angry is the final step on the path to Zen enlightenment.

"Does a pub have Buddha nature or not?"

quote:

In the beginning a pub first thinks stats are an inert object upon which to focus attention; after a long period of consecutive repetition, one realizes that stats are also a dynamic activity, the very activity of seeking higher stats. Stats are both the object being sought and the relentless seeking itself. In stats, the pub sees other pubs not directly but under the guise of their stats. When one realizes this identity, then the pub has become good. The pub becomes the stats that he or she is trying attain.

That is the sound of one hand clicking.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Nov 18, 2015

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

SARSfest posted:

Just got to the Pershing from the T20, was saving up free XP so I got it decked out and such, but it's not really clicking for me. I was doing better in the T20, just because it actually had the mobility to make use of the horribly low DPM gun.

Edit: I will say, I can not make money in those two tanks for the life of me. Even 2000+ damage wins with no gold shells nets me about 12000 credits at most with premium. Shooting more than a single APCR always takes me negative, I don't lose money like this is anything, not even my JP2 or Tiger 2 or anything, both of which have to cost a lot more per shot, yet the last couple JP2 games I won I made something like 20-25k credits.

Talking profit-wise, by the way.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Nov 18, 2015

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Leaked HD gameplay from the 9.12 Rubicon patch.

http://i.imgur.com/vBatKfc.gifv

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

CitizenKain posted:

The Pershing is still a good tank, its just all the new tier 8 mediums were given better guns. Power creep has really hurt a lot of tanks. It still has a great gold shell though, 268 pen APCR is fantastic in the realm of everything is HEAT.

Are you including premium T8 mediums here? Because only the Obj. 416 is a better tank, other stuff like STA-1 or Indienpanzer are kind of meh compared to the Pershing.

Also the Pershing is loving amazing, what the hell are you guys smoking.

EDIT:
Also there's a small special going on EU with the release of 9.12, what the hell
Consumables, equipment, crew retraining, T8-10 discounts. It's better than the Veteran's Day stuff.

mmkay fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Nov 18, 2015

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mmkay posted:

Also the Pershing is loving amazing, what the hell are you guys smoking.

This. Pershing is great, nice gun depression, good gun handling, some turret armour and insane gold round. Tied with Object 416 for best tier 8 medium.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

mmkay posted:

EDIT:
Also there's a small special going on EU with the release of 9.12, what the hell
Consumables, equipment, crew retraining, T8-10 discounts. It's better than the Veteran's Day stuff.

Considering the negative feedback and how much WGRU is trying to appease the playerbase, they probably got told by WGRU to do this special when 9.12 launches.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

mmkay posted:

We've had nothing but lovely 3* first win and no other bonus for the last 3-4 weekends, nothing special for Halloween even. About time!

West007
Apr 21, 2013

While we're on the topic of t8 mediums, which of these lines are the most enjoyable to go through? I have following t8s unlocked Pershing, Centurion and STA-1. I'm also playing t34-1 and Panther for my dailies. The closest to a t10 medium I am is 40k off object 140. I have 10k battles and play way too many lines with lovely crews.

e: what happened to my IS8, is it just renaming?
e2: I forgot I also have t54e1 researched

West007 fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Nov 18, 2015

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010
Can't speak to any of the other lines, but American mediums are soooo comfy. I am very happy I ground that line, even if the m48 is kinda underwhelming.

Rip south coast. Hated that loving map, I danced a little jig seeing they removed it.

Yeonik fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Nov 18, 2015

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Players who own the Centurion Action X by 19 January 2016 (i.e. have the tank in their garage), will have the opportunity to obtain the Premium version of the FV4202 by completing a set of missions. More details will be provided on the website closer to the missions' release.

This is tempting.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

West007 posted:

While we're on the topic of t8 mediums, which of these lines are the most enjoyable to go through? I have following t8s unlocked Pershing, Centurion and STA-1. I'm also playing t34-1 and Panther for my dailies. The closest to a t10 medium I am is 40k off object 140. I have 10k battles and play way too many lines with lovely crews.

e: what happened to my IS8, is it just renaming?
e2: I forgot I also have t54e1 researched

The IS-8/T-10 also got a side hull armour buff and a front/side armour buff to the top turret.

The t54e1 is rather nice, and if you don't keep it you could use the same crew for the Pershing+ later. I also really liked the Cents, although I know that's not universal, on the plus side the Action X looks cool and if you get it before the 19th of Jan you can get the missions for the premium FV.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

West007 posted:

Players who own the Centurion Action X by 19 January 2016 (i.e. have the tank in their garage), will have the opportunity to obtain the Premium version of the FV4202 by completing a set of missions. More details will be provided on the website closer to the missions' release.

This is tempting.

I'm going to go for this aren't I?

Are the tier 8, 9, and 10 tanks good?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

RandomPauI posted:

Leaked HD gameplay from the 9.12 Rubicon patch.

http://i.imgur.com/vBatKfc.gifv

Good to know that 9.12 will turn WoT into AW :v:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
The Action X Centurion seems really good what with being faster than the FV4202 and having an actual HEAT shell so good job Wargaming but I'm still going to join ISIS and suicidebomb Minsk because they didn't release the Chieftain.

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008
Does the turret bounce anything? Also please include ramming things to death in your testing methods.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Soulfucker posted:

The Action X Centurion seems really good what with being faster than the FV4202 and having an actual HEAT shell so good job Wargaming but I'm still going to join ISIS and suicidebomb Minsk because they didn't release the Chieftain.

Huh, that's strange. They gave the Chieftain out for Veteran's Day on the NA server. I guess they just don't like the EU server as much.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Huh, that's strange. They gave the Chieftain out for Veteran's Day on the NA server. I guess they just don't like the EU server as much.

they've gotten pretty desperate to keep NA alive

still i'm just glad that they came to their senses and made it a T8. between the 85 mm hull armor and terrible mobility it just wasn't T10 material.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

West007 posted:

This is tempting.

is it though?

the prem8 fv is going to get regular mm and probably a type a 20pdr a la cent 1 with a nerfed rof, if you look at how sta- tanks and indien get treated

t8 meds with a gun and credit pen>200mm get janky stats in return, and just like the uncarryable sta and indien i fear the gun won't be worth it

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RandomPauI posted:

I'm going to go for this aren't I?

Are the tier 8, 9, and 10 tanks good?

The Centurion 1 and 7/1 are both very good tanks. I'd say they're underrated around here because there are better picks for competitive modes, but the two of them are excellent pubstompers if played right. The CAX is an upgraded 7/1 that gets a HEAT shell, so it's probably also very good. That's certainly the impression that I got from 5 battles on the test server.

E:

stephenfry posted:

is it though?

the prem8 fv is going to get regular mm and probably a type a 20pdr a la cent 1 with a nerfed rof, if you look at how sta- tanks and indien get treated

t8 meds with a gun and credit pen>200mm get janky stats in return, and just like the uncarryable sta and indien i fear the gun won't be worth it

Hey man, it's a free tank and you gotta catch em all, right?

Terrorist Fistbump fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 18, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the Indien owns, like 80% of the tank is at autobounce angles

the FV4202 on the other hand takes all the worst properties of the cent, an already bad and unpleasant tank, and combines them with even worse bloom values and even softer armor and a 35 km/h top speed. at least it's not quite as tall.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Prav posted:

the Indien owns, like 80% of the tank is at autobounce angles

the FV4202 on the other hand takes all the worst properties of the cent, an already bad and unpleasant tank, and combines them with even worse bloom values and even softer armor and a 35 km/h top speed. at least it's not quite as tall.

no? I mean I'm sure some goonicum is brewing up a stompdown for your bad opinions but there is no angle from which that is remotely true of the IP (if it has a funny nickname i forget it... vindalowe?) given maximum armor is 90mm, even including the mantlet, which has 0 armor behind it.

it has nice soft rounded edges between lfp and ufp and all around the turret from the front, so that's a huge swathe of near-normal 90mm RHA... trivial for t6.

I mean, on paper I like a high pen high depression high acc semi-mobile med but it just lacks a mantlet and spends far too much time sitting still

the cents on the other hand

stephenfry fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 18, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
:eyepop:

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
The Pershing is a great tank. The M46's existence by. M on the other hand really started piss me off until I unlocked the tier IX gun...

Speaking of which, I'm sure there is a good mm m'm reason, but owning 2 tier 8 and 1 tier 9 medium... Why was the Patton the only tank I had to wait until tier 9 to unlock the tier 9 gun?

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

stephenfry posted:

the IP

I mean, on paper I like a high pen high depression high acc semi-mobile med

Well you're 1 for 4 with that tank

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

So I sold the Panther last night because I'm tired of the sub-par nature of it and even though it's a pretty short grind to the Panther II and the E50 is apparently awesome, the Panther II is apparently just more of the same mediocrity. Thinking about picking back up on the Black Prince and getting the Caernarvon, has the replacement of the top turret made it any better or worse for wear?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Noticed some new tanks showing up in the barracks retraining menu. UK has the Chieftain/T95 med and Chieftain heavy, while China shows a 121B med. Anyone noticed others?

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.

Dvsilverwing posted:

So I sold the Panther last night because I'm tired of the sub-par nature of it and even though it's a pretty short grind to the Panther II and the E50 is apparently awesome, the Panther II is apparently just more of the same mediocrity. Thinking about picking back up on the Black Prince and getting the Caernarvon, has the replacement of the top turret made it any better or worse for wear?

Hey let me stop grinding up towards good tank through lovely tanks (that are atleast workable) and pick up grinding to decent tanks through garbage tanks (the BP only works when its top tier if youre not welp there goes everything) ...you should pick up Armored Warfare anyway its got everything WoT lacks ...its got amazing realistic gameplay with fast and tactical movement , engaging and fun new mechanics and incredibly deep tactical operator classes like AFV's that go fast and see far , Light tanks they go fast and shoot , MBTs theyre fast and shoot but are armored , TD theyre fast and shoot but have camo and SPGs they go slow and shoot sometimes they explode :psyduck: .

Also you've incredible mechanics at work such as ...smoke launchers launching smoke that smokes and makes you +invisible+ everytime I pop my smoke I feel like a cool rogue class tank assassin its so fun and I cant wait for them to add loot into the game :^).

Did you know everytime you kill a boss in PvE it drops a energy drink? You can sell that for 20k !!! TWENTY KAY credits thats like a lot.

Also instead of being a lame dumb nationalist tank man youre a cool orphanage torching PMC man that doesn't care about any agendas but simply is in it for the money.

Thats really cool , also you can build your base and it has buildings ? They dont go fast or shoot but give you incredible buffs like "poo poo costs a bit less I guess" and "well poo poo takes a little bit less time I guess".

Truely its a great and refined game and I can't wait to play it again and spend money on it :psyduck: I'm right back into the grind after my ISP unfucked themselves and after I got my lobotomy done :^)))))

STAY STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL TANKGOONS

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

GiantHurtBall posted:

Hey let me stop grinding up towards good tank through lovely tanks (that are atleast workable) and pick up grinding to decent tanks through garbage tanks (the BP only works when its top tier if youre not welp there goes everything) ...you should pick up Armored Warfare anyway its got everything WoT lacks ...its got amazing realistic gameplay with fast and tactical movement , engaging and fun new mechanics and incredibly deep tactical operator classes like AFV's that go fast and see far , Light tanks they go fast and shoot , MBTs theyre fast and shoot but are armored , TD theyre fast and shoot but have camo and SPGs they go slow and shoot sometimes they explode :psyduck: .

Also you've incredible mechanics at work such as ...smoke launchers launching smoke that smokes and makes you +invisible+ everytime I pop my smoke I feel like a cool rogue class tank assassin its so fun and I cant wait for them to add loot into the game :^).

Did you know everytime you kill a boss in PvE it drops a energy drink? You can sell that for 20k !!! TWENTY KAY credits thats like a lot.

Also instead of being a lame dumb nationalist tank man youre a cool orphanage torching PMC man that doesn't care about any agendas but simply is in it for the money.

Thats really cool , also you can build your base and it has buildings ? They dont go fast or shoot but give you incredible buffs like "poo poo costs a bit less I guess" and "well poo poo takes a little bit less time I guess".

Truely its a great and refined game and I can't wait to play it again and spend money on it :psyduck: I'm right back into the grind after my ISP unfucked themselves and after I got my lobotomy done :^)))))

ok

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

GiantHurtBall posted:

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
american lard, no less. o7

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.

I don't get it tho ? :^)

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

GiantHurtBall posted:

Quality posting 10/10 that's what I expect from the World of Tanks thread on Something Awful dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

GiantHurtBall posted:

I don't get it tho ? :^)
((you're a NATO west german amerifat, an anthropomorphization of the homogenization, assimilation and oblivion of germanness under theater stimulus capitalism during the cold war. your father imports pork byproducts for sale to the hausfraus subservient to imbecilic, bespectacled american officers. obvious rly. use double brackets to discuss your OC tia))

stephenfry fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 18, 2015