Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I turned off the realistic needs mod, it was a lot of fun in the beginning but once I was out of Whiterun every singly quest is sending you back and forth across the whole of Skyrim and you don't sleep on the cart so you always arrive dead tired (also starving and dehydrated). It really messes up the whole trying to keep a decent day/night awake/sleep cycle too. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Poil posted:

I turned off the realistic needs mod, it was a lot of fun in the beginning but once I was out of Whiterun every singly quest is sending you back and forth across the whole of Skyrim and you don't sleep on the cart so you always arrive dead tired (also starving and dehydrated). It really messes up the whole trying to keep a decent day/night awake/sleep cycle too. :sigh:

Use ineed instead. You do rest when traveling in carts and you can adjust your needs frequency levels in the mcm menu.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Alternately, I think "Touring Carriages" lets you sleep in the cart.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Touring Carriages also lets you run over bears and pedestrians :haw:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ynglaur posted:

Clearly you just need to make a custom race where the females look like males. Then again, with HDT your pecs might bounce.
This post is like a perfect microcosm for :nexus:

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical

NiftyBottle posted:

I'm having a problem - every time I try to download a reasonably large mod (for example, USLEEP or Immersive Armors) from the nexus, the zip is broken ("data error" when unzipping). Any other site is fine, but not everything is available elsewhere. I've tried: downloading multiple times, downloading with MO, downloading with 2 different browsers, downloading with a download manager, switching to a premium server, switching whether the download thing is a new page or pop-up on page, and "redownloading" (as opposed to deleting and downloading again). Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have a workaround or something else to try? It's not like my internet is bad, I hit the download speed limit on non-premium and manage about 4MB/s using premium servers, so I don't think it's connection-related, at least on my end. I've been trying off and on about a week.

Apparently the solution is to download using my Macbook Air :confuoot:. Rather inconvenient. I guess the problem is on my computer. Just posting this in case anyone else has this problem, I guess try another computer.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

GunnerJ posted:

Alternately, I think "Touring Carriages" lets you sleep in the cart.

Everything Burrito posted:

Touring Carriages also lets you run over bears and pedestrians :haw:

I was hesitant to install yet another mod, but after reading it, it sounds like this was just a feature that got dropped from the game at release. Not to belittle the modder's work on it.

modder posted:

Travelogue commentary (already present in vanilla files) is actually working in multiple languages.
65 vanilla lines only heard in Real Carriages.
21 additional shared lines found hidden in the vanilla files.

...sounds pretty cool.

:smith:

My bloated MO profile thanks you.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

meatsaw posted:

I was hesitant to install yet another mod, but after reading it, it sounds like this was just a feature that got dropped from the game at release. Not to belittle the modder's work on it.

Huh, I'm not sure what you mean by this. The features list has: "Sleeping (fast travel). Carriages now arrive at destination with you." Does this not count as sleeping for a needs mod? That could be if the mod has strict requirements for where waiting several hours counts as sleep.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

GunnerJ posted:

Huh, I'm not sure what you mean by this. The features list has: "Sleeping (fast travel). Carriages now arrive at destination with you." Does this not count as sleeping for a needs mod? That could be if the mod has strict requirements for where waiting several hours counts as sleep.

Oh, I don't know what you took from my post ... I was just hesitant to install yet another mod. I don't know about any sleeping issues, but I thought it was neat that the mod used content that was already in the game, but I assumed had never been used.

I'm probably going to add it now.

It sounds just like the Taxi rides in GTA4 (and kinda in 5). With all the trouble they had to go though to even record different languages, I wonder why they left it out.

RadioDog fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 17, 2015

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

meatsaw posted:

Oh, I don't know what you took from my post ... I'm just hesitant to install yet another mod. I don't know about any sleeping issues, but I thought it was neat that the mod used content that was already in the game, but I assumed had never been used.

Ah, yeah I get being hesitant to add yet more mods. I thought you were saying that sleeping on the carts was a feature the mod originally had planned but never implemented. My mistake.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
There needs to be a carriages mod that makes caravans that you can ambush and loot.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I'm using SPERG but I can't get the uncapper to work, is there any reason not to just use the honor system for the number of perks I can pick? Is there a way to get it working? It looks like it was set up for an SKSE folder structure that doesn't exist any more and I can't get mod organizer to recognize it.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

DisDisDis posted:

I'm using SPERG but I can't get the uncapper to work, is there any reason not to just use the honor system for the number of perks I can pick? Is there a way to get it working? It looks like it was set up for an SKSE folder structure that doesn't exist any more and I can't get mod organizer to recognize it.

Do you have The Community uncapper installed? Are you installing it with Mod Organizer?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I tried to install it manually but it doesn't appear to be doing anything. I put it in data/skse/plugins like the uncapper readme said but that folder doesn't come with the skse install, I had to make it manually. I also stuck the uncapper files in the data folder and I think in scripts.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
Data\skse\plugins should have the uncapper.dll and uncapper.ini
Then extract the sperg archive to data. It should overwrite the uncapper.ini with its own.
Start skyrim normally and check the data tab and enable the mods. Close it and use skse_loader.exe to start it. That should be in skyrim\ Assuming skse is installed properly.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hmmm...I can't get Volsung to pop out of his crypt. I'm using Skyrim Unbound and have word walls turned off, and apparently that's his trigger. Any idea how to get him to come out and play without shouts? I already hit the crypt with arrows and a bunch of magic.

edit: n/m, sorted it out. I turned off clipping and smacked him in the face with an axe. He woke up after that :downs:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 18, 2015

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Question for anyone using Armoury of Tamriel: Are you missing Book III?

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

Hmmm...I can't get Volsung to pop out of his crypt. I'm using Skyrim Unbound and have word walls turned off, and apparently that's his trigger. Any idea how to get him to come out and play without shouts? I already hit the crypt with arrows and a bunch of magic.

edit: n/m, sorted it out. I turned off clipping and smacked him in the face with an axe. He woke up after that :downs:

If this happens again, you could also try dropping a rune near the coffin. If you place it correctly, he should trigger it and then pop out. I know it works for draugr, but I've never tried it on a dragon priest.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Unfortunately didn't have any rune spells learned but I'll keep that in mind if it happens again.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So I've been poking around in the Creation kit for the last few hours trying to solve a really minor issue that bugs the crap out of me every time I play Skyrim.

My Riekling followers don't use weapons, they just run up and punch stuff. Even when they have cool greatswords or Giant's Clubs.

I've tried basically everything up to and including creating a custom follower and loving with the race menu in every way I can think of. If I disable hand to hand they'll run into combat holding their greatsword and do one of their idle animations before wandering off.

:sigh: I just want my dumb blue goblin to stab poo poo.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I pretty sure that they don't use weapons because they don't have animations for them. Ran into a similar issue with Draugr and certain spells as well as daggers.

Besides, you should be rolling with the Steadfast Dwarven Sphere in your animal follower slot. :colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Agents are GO! posted:

I pretty sure that they don't use weapons because they don't have animations for them. Ran into a similar issue with Draugr and certain spells as well as daggers.

Besides, you should be rolling with the Steadfast Dwarven Sphere in your animal follower slot. :colbert:

If it's an animation issue, this mod adds a playable Riekling race with human/elf animations so maybe you could frankenstein that onto a custom follower or something?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Agents are GO! posted:

No they totally should use their spears and greatswords. Theres about a billion videos on youtube showing it off and you can even some times wrangle them into using Giant's clubs.

Mine will hold the sword properly outside of combat, and even unsheathe it when I do, but near an enemy they just run up and hit things with their fists. It might be a mod conflict but literally none of my mods affect Rieklings according to TESedit so... :(

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Didn't Rieklings get the same properties as children? Because with children you can make them equip stuff (I gave that little whiny boy in WR a Daedric warhammer once and he had it on his back), they just won't use it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Scyantific posted:

Didn't Rieklings get the same properties as children? Because with children you can make them equip stuff (I gave that little whiny boy in WR a Daedric warhammer once and he had it on his back), they just won't use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7kUkhP8mUc

Unless one of my mods is loving it up they shouldn't. This video of unmodded Skyrim shows clearly what they should be doing but mine can't figure out how to just hit things with the drat weapon.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Zore posted:

Unless one of my mods is loving it up they shouldn't. This video of unmodded Skyrim shows clearly what they should be doing but mine can't figure out how to just hit things with the drat weapon.

I like how he stabs things with his club, after which they collapse! Also, I should probably head to Solstheim eventually, I guess. :sigh:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Zore posted:

Well, give us a modlist.

Edit: Until then, I will blame Scyantific. :colbert:

Also, something might be altering them indirectly by altering their combat style or passive abilities.

But it's probably Scyantific. :colbert:

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 18, 2015

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Agents are GO! posted:

Well, give us a modlist.

Edit: Until then, I will blame Scyantific. :colbert:

Also, something might be altering them indirectly by altering their combat style or passive abilities.

But it's probably Scyantific. :colbert:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Wyrmstooth.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Lootification.esm
SkyMoMod.esm
SPERG.esm
ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
SPERG.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
Dr_BandolierDG.esp
ConvenientCrossbows.esp
Deathhound+Gargoyle.esp
WarmongerArmory_Vanilla.esp
WarmongerArmory_DLC.esp
ETaC - Complete.esp
3DNPC.esp
ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
Immersive Orc Strongholds.esp
Helgen Reborn.esp
OBIS.esp
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
Better Vampires.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
Immersive Whiterun.esp
BrhuceLegacy.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
WeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Ket_WEAPONIZER.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
Wintermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp
WarmongerArmory_LeveledList.esp
Cloaks.esp
Immersive Solstheim.esp
Tame Beast.esp
TameBeastPatch.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
SkyUI.esp
MazzRend.esp
WheelsOfLull.esp
Bandit Patrols.esp
BlackreachRailroadNew.esp
Prometheus_BeastSkeletons.esp
MzarkWonders.esp
Hunterborn.esp
Magic of the Magna-Ge.esp
Aethernautics.esp
iNeed.esp
Nixy.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
SPERG-DB.esp
SPERG-DG.esp
OBISDB.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
Uncle Sheo.esp
Clothing & Clutter_3DNPC_Patch.esp
Weapons & Armor_DragonPriestMasks.esp
HonedMetal.esp
FNIS.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
LeftHandRings.esp
LeftHandRings - Dawnguard.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
Spectraverse - Only After Dragon Rising.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
Apocalypse - SPERG Compatibility Patch.esp
XPMSE.esp
Dual Sheath Redux.esp
HackAndSlash.esp
AFT_NoFriendlySpellDamage.esp
AFT_iNPCFix.esp
CCO_SIC_Patch.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
ASIS-Dependency.esp
ASIS.esp
LLI.esp
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp
Merge.esp
Petplugin.esp - which is my experimental plugin wherein I replace all hireable dogs with things like Chaurus and fun creatures.

I haven't been able to get Dual Sheath Redux to work at all, it just did the thing where it made everyone's shields go underfoot until I disabled it inside Skyrim. Haven't removed it because I don't want to gently caress with my saves yet and the game is still pretty stable. Also had to get rid of Immersive Soltsheim because it kept causing immediate CTDs which kinda sucked. I'm totally nuking them, Hunterborn, and Lefthandrings next install.

It could be AFT messing with my Rieklings now that I think about it. But I really like AFT for the multiple follower aspect :(

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Scyantific posted:

I'm curious: Did the warhammer stay full-size, or did it scale with the child and shrink?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Praetorian Mage posted:

I'm curious: Did the warhammer stay full-size, or did it scale with the child and shrink?

Full size.

Skyrim's children are hardcore.

Mina
Dec 14, 2005

HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK

Zore posted:

It could be AFT messing with my Rieklings now that I think about it. But I really like AFT for the multiple follower aspect :(

AFT is what caused Rumarin from Interesting NPCs to have similar behavior for me (punching things instead of using his conjured weapons) as your Rieklings. I switched to Ultimate Follower Overhaul and it works great, despite being slightly out of date.

Edit: I did have to kill him and use the console "resurrect" command to reset the follower behavior fully, for some reason.

Mina fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 18, 2015

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Krittick posted:

AFT is what caused Rumarin from Interesting NPCs to have similar behavior for me (punching things instead of using his conjured weapons) as your Rieklings. I switched to Ultimate Follower Overhaul and it works great, despite being slightly out of date.

Edit: I did have to kill him and use the console "resurrect" command to reset the follower behavior fully, for some reason.

Weirdly, Rumarin works fine for me.

Oh well, I nuked a bunch of the poo poo clogging up my mod list and added some other mods I wanted to try out and tinker with so I guess I'll see in 10 hours if EFF also fucks with my Rieklings or if it was something entirely unrelated! :shepicide:

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Scyantific posted:

Full size.

Skyrim's children are hardcore.

Huh, that's odd. I tried it out for a laugh and the hammer scaled with him. Maybe it's because I used placeatme to spawn him and equipitem to give him the hammer?

In any case, this reminds me of how I always thought the placement of sheathed warhammers was a bit odd. It's the way the hammer part doesn't go down far enough, which makes the handle stick up so much that I don't think you'd be able to go through a doorway. Battleaxes are the same way. Apparently, real warhammers were sheathed with the hammer side pointing upward, so it didn't pull you down. I don't suppose there are any mods that change these positions?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Do you like Meeko?

Someone gave him a makeover.

One of the options gives him a robotic Dwemer leg.

(It also adds a special warhorn that you can use to summon him).

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
What are some good small quality of life mods? Stuff that doesn't make drastic changes, just little touches that make things better.

One of my favorites puts a chance of having some food in all those empty pots you see in camps and kitchens: Filled Pots
A few more:
Better Bee Hive - puts honey and more honeycombs in beehives and adds some brewing recipes
Two mods that make farmers & mine foremen sell items
Learn Alchemy From Recipes
Various mods to make annoying sounds less annoying: Hush Doggy, Bard Instrumentals Only, No More Noisy Meridia Light Beam

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 21, 2015

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

:siren:Skyrim Unbound is back on the Nexus!:siren:

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Mazz posted:

ELFX has settings for darker interiors, which is probably your best bet since they actually change the light objects themselves last I looked. ELFX and Relighting Skyrim I think are the consensus, and then that lighting for ENB addon mod if you use both.

One thing to think about though is very dark interiors means the bow is mostly useless, when it gets real dark mobs won't be visible until like 5 feet away and charging you. This is how it was on my monitor at least. So plan to have a melee build alongside. EDIT: I guess until your stealth gets crazy good, but I never really got to that point without changing my lighting.

Just wanted to chime in and say you were exactly right. 150 or so mods later, and I'm finally removing ELFX and reinstalling Vividian ENB/RS/ELE with the normal presets - I couldn't see poo poo. Forget following a scripted NPC through a pitch black cavern. I really like the dark shadows but it also made it really hard to use a bow. I've been able to tune it to a perfect middle ground of darkness and bow-worthy visibility. Maybe next time I'll go melee or wizard and use the pitch-black dungeon mod someone discovered.

Also extra thanks to whoever mentioned the "firstborn" enboost fix so long ago. I don't know if there's a better way now, but that memory change seems to have made everything incredibly stable, for so many mods.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

If someone still hasn't got the official DLC, Skyrim Legendary Edition is on Steam for 75% off until December 1st.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I just bought the Skyrim Legendary Edition since I've always wanted to play this game, but never took the plunge. Finally deciding to and I realize I am going to want to mod this. So I downloaded all of the mods/patches in the OP for new player recommendations. Now what I need help with is the visual modding. I do not know anything about modding this game other than what I skimmed in the OP. Is there a general suite of mods I can download for the best visual experience? I don't really care to nitpick each mod I just want this game to look beautiful and realistic. What can I do to make this easier on myself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Step has a new incremental update up, just changed some ini stuff and added a citizen ai mod

• Locked thread