Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

NeurosisHead posted:

That's a loving hilarious response.

They might not know how it works. Wouldn't the first time a developer doesn't know how their luck stat actually works (hi Bill Roper).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Night10194 posted:

Ugh. I got a max roll on a killing blow rapier, then my internet went out immediately after. When it came back up, I had to reroll the weapon as it hadn't saved, and rolled minimum. :negative:

sounds like you should've unplugged your modem

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Night10194 posted:

Ugh. I got a max roll on a killing blow rapier, then my internet went out immediately after. When it came back up, I had to reroll the weapon as it hadn't saved, and rolled minimum. :negative:

Will have to try the alt-f4 treatment on weapons I don't really care about to see if this is a reliable way to get max rolls.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

sushibandit posted:

Will have to try the alt-f4 treatment on weapons I don't really care about to see if this is a reliable way to get max rolls.

It almost certainly isn't, as has been discussed here before, the roll actually takes place as soon as the mission registers as successful. You can see this when you roll your first 7, you will get the Steam Achievement for it as soon as the map ends, and upon rolling your dice, you will of course get 7. As to why you had to re-roll, that is a mystery.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

You're talking about the loot dice roll, he's talking about upgrading weapon traits as a roll for the percentage he gets on them.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

But Not Tonight posted:

You're talking about the loot dice roll, he's talking about upgrading weapon traits as a roll for the percentage he gets on them.

Ahh, I see, yes, maybe that would work. Keep us posted!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Skandranon posted:

It almost certainly isn't, as has been discussed here before, the roll actually takes place as soon as the mission registers as successful. You can see this when you roll your first 7, you will get the Steam Achievement for it as soon as the map ends, and upon rolling your dice, you will of course get 7. As to why you had to re-roll, that is a mystery.

Like But not Tonight said, trait rolls are done completely clientside and are very much manipulable.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Modifying proc chances on weapon perks is trivial too, so as long as that killing blow isn't the only one on there even you can fix it!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

How does that work?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
So has anyone dug into the constant talk of treasure under the bridge in Black Powder, and how it relates to talk about treasure when you're next to the statue at the end of Supply and Demand? I'm willing to bet it's just some lore line, but I never played WFRP 3rd so I don't have Edge of Night.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.

Grondoth posted:

So has anyone dug into the constant talk of treasure under the bridge in Black Powder, and how it relates to talk about treasure when you're next to the statue at the end of Supply and Demand? I'm willing to bet it's just some lore line, but I never played WFRP 3rd so I don't have Edge of Night.

Related to this, beside the spawn in Black Powder is a Steam crane beside a wall. If you use 3rd person camera (inspect character) in the right place then you can see on the other side of the wall an inaccessible door.

Also the dwarf has unique bounding boxes. I noticed this when in the Enemy Below above the Staircase Grimoire is a small hole that I assume rats are supposed to spawn from, but the dwarf player can actually crouch into it. Other players can't.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Interesting, I was messing around in cheatengine trying to figure out what "increases luck" does (to no avail) so I went and looked at that door in black powder in no-gravity, but it seems to be completely behind map boundries, and black powder also has roof boundries, which the other outdoor maps I've tried don't anyways this is the door. It does light up with an outline like other openable doors, but I couldn't get close enough to open it. My guess would be the mapper just used the wrong door object and there's just a wall behind it, but so far I can't confirm that theory.

They probably left something open in the map geometry elsewhere, gonna keep messing with it and report back.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm guessing the treasure thing might just be a leftover thing that got cut and they kept it for more color dialogue.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Or they're keeping it for an update.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Microwaves Mom posted:

Let a well fall and it goes realll quick.

Whoever designed this level is dumb

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Night10194 posted:

I'm guessing the treasure thing might just be a leftover thing that got cut and they kept it for more color dialogue.

OOOORRRR there is a major conspiracy that needs solving and the first person to do so will be granted special loot :tinfoil:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Skandranon posted:

OOOORRRR there is a major conspiracy that needs solving and the first person to do so will be granted special loot :tinfoil:

This is the key to the luck stat, clearly. If everyone in your party wears an orange luck-boost trinket, it unlocks the treasure of Magnus the Pious at the great bridge and you get the True Ghal Maraz Warhammer of Sigmar, obviously.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Night10194 posted:

This is the key to the luck stat, clearly. If everyone in your party wears an orange luck-boost trinket, it unlocks the treasure of Magnus the Pious at the great bridge and you get the True Ghal Maraz Warhammer of Sigmar, obviously.

More specifically, it's still random, but the luck stat gives you a (slightly) better chance of it happening. Also, has the Roger twins defending it. And you have to have done a perfect (no hit) run to get it. And hold out for 10 minutes.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I never even thought about those dwarven bridge treasure lines until I spent time near the statue at the end of Supply And Demand, cause it looked like an archetypal warrior priest and I wondered what it was of. I guessed it was Magnus the Pious, but I ran around it to see if my character would say anything. Then Sienna said "Ah, Magnus the Pious, a wise man. Now where's that treasure?" Suddenly, I started wondering if there was some sort of connection between the lines, cause it sticks out like a sore thumb in a section where everyone should be yelling about those god drat sacks of god drat grain and the rat ogre.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Skandranon posted:

the Secret isn't a thing yet vox

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Coolguye posted:

the Secret isn't a thing yet vox

It will be if we bring him in here.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Skandranon posted:

More specifically, it's still random, but the luck stat gives you a (slightly) better chance of it happening. Also, has the Roger twins defending it. And you have to have done a perfect (no hit) run to get it. And hold out for 10 minutes.

On Cata, with whites only, and you have to have no elf in your party or else Sigmar gets pissed.

And of course Sienna would like Magnus the Pious. He's the one who made it legal for Sienna to exist.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Night10194 posted:

On Cata, with whites only, and you have to have no elf in your party or else Sigmar gets pissed.

And of course Sienna would like Magnus the Pious. He's the one who made it legal for Sienna to exist.

Elf is easily worth -200% luck

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Well, there is a room there, but it's not terribly exciting - http://imgur.com/a/7lWrB

My guess now is it was a scrapped spawn or just a spot where you could get healing/bombs/etc.

I also put some shots in that album of the door in the bar above the staircase to the basement, I figure that's going to be something to do with DLC.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Yeah, he established the Wizard Colleges with the help of Tecilis.

Also now that I have my hands on Edge of Night due to Circumstances, that's all lore stuff. The dwarves buried a treasure under the bridge, according to everyone, and some people say that the treasure is actually under one of the buildings near it. The statue of Magnus the Pious is supposed to have a clue on how to get it, somehow. They also talk about the Grey Wizard tower there, and how the tower you see isn't real.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Magnus the Pious: The man smart enough to realize there will always be fire wizards, so they might as well be his fire wizards.

Much like how Saltzpyre in the intro cutscene lets Sienna go the second he sees the dead guard. Dude might not like fire wizards but he's smart enough to know they're really goddamn useful.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Skandranon posted:

Elf is easily worth -200% luck

If your group accumulates -200% luck, someone gets replaced with a pubbie bow elf.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Had a pub elf the other night who thought a great way to contribute to the Supply and Demand finale would be to sit atop the carriage and provide extra long range cover fire while the rest of us hoofed it to the grain sacks.

A shameful elf.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Chomp8645 posted:

Shameful elf.

Why repeat yourself?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hey elf can be good it's just that you have know what you're doing and play smart and most people don't.

Kind of like snipers in literally every shooter.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
From my experience the goon elf is always Bardin. :shrug:

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Yeah. Ways to know you are very likely playing with a goon

a) plays soldier or dwarf
b) won't shut up with "elf lol"
c) takes a shitload of unnecessary damage
d) gets separated a lot
e) dies repeatedly
f) has a stupid weapon loadout
g) all teams' fault

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

Hey elf can be good it's just that you have know what you're doing and play smart and most people don't.

Kind of like snipers in literally every shooter.

Elf is actually really good if you dont try to pretend to be Legolas lite. Her spam melee with a good Sword & Dagger is amazing for clearing out trash, and the charge attacks with S&D are also good at clearing trash (1st charge especially) or dealing with stormvermin people can't snipe. I have an orange trueflight and I think 90% of my time is spent meleeing. Clear out trash from around people who can snipe; use trueflight if no/little trash around to get specials or clear rats.

But I'm gonna agree, among goons the worst players have been dwarves or soldiers - not elves.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Fishstick posted:

use trueflight if no/little trash around to get specials or clear rats.

trash is always around when you're playing

ohohohohoh

(let's play tonight~)

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

terrorist ambulance posted:

ohohohohoh

(let's play tonight~)

You're right, If i play with you, trash is always around.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Bad soldiers make me upset because I'm a really good soldier and I don't like thinking "if I don't play the soldier myself we are going to die".

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

Bad soldiers make me upset because I'm a really good soldier and I don't like thinking "if I don't play the soldier myself we are going to die".

I think most of the bad soldiers/dwarves are actually because they think they're being good by sniping specials - which is great - but the bad ones ignore the situation around. If your'e a Shield & whatever soldier/dwarf don't ignore the 15 rats around to try and snipe a special and then call bullshit as you get hit. Obviously situational, but I see too many of them just pull out the handgun and then get stabbed 4 times just to try and snipe a globadier which is way behind and not yet a threat. You can still snipe em just take like 10 seconds to clear this trash first, drat.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

ohohohohoh

(let's play tonight~)

:prepop:

I might be around later in the evening for rat bashing

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

a) plays soldier or dwarf
b) won't shut up with "elf lol"
c) takes a shitload of unnecessary damage
d) gets separated a lot
e) dies repeatedly
f) has a stupid weapon loadout
g) all teams' fault

someone watched my livestream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Fishstick posted:

I think most of the bad soldiers/dwarves are actually because they think they're being good by sniping specials - which is great - but the bad ones ignore the situation around. If your'e a Shield & whatever soldier/dwarf don't ignore the 15 rats around to try and snipe a special and then call bullshit as you get hit. Obviously situational, but I see too many of them just pull out the handgun and then get stabbed 4 times just to try and snipe a globadier which is way behind and not yet a threat. You can still snipe em just take like 10 seconds to clear this trash first, drat.

In fairness I always do this with Stormvermin because the vast majority of the time in playing with random dudes who suck at killing Stormvermin so either take a bunch of damage or get tied up. Same goes for Ratling Gunners.

Packmasters and gutter runners I also immediately shoot because they are cunts.

Globadiers are probably the only one I'd say doesn't need immediate shooting.

• Locked thread