Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is exactly what the governors are doing, but writ small. "How do I, a local politician, score points off of this international incident that has nothing to do with me....."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

I've been through Albuquerque. It's not a place a sane, rational person would spend any amount of time in if they can possibly avoid it.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

:lol: Referencing an undertaking nearly universally regarded as an enormous mistake as proper support for one's stance

Is this really the country I live in? Are things really this hosed up?

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
God drat this country. Like seriously, send some loving meteors this way and open the gates to Hell here.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
TYOL2015: Maybe the internment camps weren't such a bad idea.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Not a Children posted:

:lol: Referencing an undertaking nearly universally regarded as an enormous mistake as proper support for one's stance

:yeah:

The only upshot is that the Reagan/Bush mainline GOP establishment will finally collapse under the weight of all the white racism, leaving a weak, diverse center left and a plurality of angry, single-minded bigots. I'm not even sure that's an upshot though

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Not a Children posted:

Look, Hitler took trainloads of Jews to camps for the safety and well being of Germany is all I'm saying...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Obama, ISIS, hmmmm are they brothers?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I mean what's a few JDAMs and hellfires between friends?

Dayvan Cowboy
Feb 11, 2014
Roanoake's mayor is a Democrat, so don't worry gang, ISIS idiocy isn't completely confined to one party.

:shepicide:

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Greatbacon posted:

God drat this country. Like seriously, send some loving meteors this way and open the gates to Hell here.

Pretend I'm concern trolling about "but what about the people that DIDN'T vote conservative??" here.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
So the Republican primary season is funny because lol republicans what will they say next but I think I want off this train now

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Can the Feds be called in to help enforce laws when the State law enforcement openly defies the law? Considering the state outlawed this particular form of theft-by-cop any LEO continuing the practice is just a thief and in the case of taking cars couldn't you call for charges of grand theft just like in any other case of someone taking cars illegally?

You bet your rear end they can:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Holy poo poo.

Am... am I the crazy one? Maybe Muslims actually are a menace who should be discriminated against based on their religion. That seems horrible and insane, but it seems the entire world has gone insane with that train of thought except for me, and "everyone's crazy but me" is something a crazy person would think.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

JT Jag posted:

the entire world has gone insane*

*America

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

There's still a year to the general, this will be out of the news cycle in a few weeks and if there are no more major attacks in that time things will be fine

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

icantfindaname posted:

There's still a year to the general, this will be out of the news cycle in a few weeks and if there are no more major attacks in that time things will be fine

Who the hell is this Ben Ghazi character?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Europe too though

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
53% of Americans would like to remove a plaque from the Statue of Liberty. An additional 11% would like to at least hang a NO MUSLIMS sign on her arm.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Thump! posted:

Who the hell is this Ben Ghazi character?

Nobody outside the hardcore GOP base gives a poo poo about Benghazi or has since it first exited the normal news cycle

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Uh.

That is the most misleading way to look at it and really shittyclickbait.

Like, the sole reason that the USG took more money in forfeiture and fines is because of the fines levied against Toyota and getting some money from Bernie Madoff to pay off his victims.

Like they account for 2/3s of the funds received last year.

Because when I think "you know what's wrong with state seizures of assets?" it sure as gently caress isn't ponzi scheme reimbursement or a massive abuse of consumer safety.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
There is still hope that Obama may yet live up to the wildest dreams of The Choom Gang.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

ComradeCosmobot posted:

53% of Americans would like to remove a plaque from the Statue of Liberty. An additional 11% would like to at least hang a NO MUSLIMS sign on her arm.

:sigh:

It's chilling how quickly and easily people can be frightened into giving up the values and principles they claim to hold most dear.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

I went to college here!! Making me proud, Roanoke.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

I've always referred to it as the balancing of the scales. They aren't feeling what it's like to be a minority, just what it's like to not be the majority anymore and it's still enough to scare the poo poo out of them.

That is certainly Obama's dream, but I would imagine that the Choom Gang would rather have it legalized federally.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Internet Webguy posted:

That is certainly Obama's dream, but I would imagine that the Choom Gang would rather have it legalized federally.

While true I was trying, and apparently failed, to make a combination Choom Gang and WE GO PLAY HOOP reference. My apologies, I should have tried harder.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

L
A
T
E
R
S

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

DaveWoo posted:

:sigh:

It's chilling how quickly and easily people can be frightened into giving up the values and principles they claim to hold most dear.

To be fair, most Americans have probably never thought about this issue until the TV and internet have told them it's a problem. They have no values to lose except in the most superficial sense.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Not a Children posted:

It's probably not as universally condemned as you think, on the American political right it's seen as the one time a Democratic president did something right

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

zoux posted:

Obama, ISIS, hmmmm are they brothers?

but, but, your giving them what they want santroum. what would you do different. deport everyone, and invade the middle east.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

:thumbsup:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
it's almost too easy how ISIS can count on America being dumb

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Mulva posted:

It's probably not as universally condemned as you think, on the American political right it's seen as the one time a Democratic president did something right

Amusingly enough, Reagan was the one who signed the bill that finally gave Japanese camp survivors reparations (over his and Republican objections, of course, since federal spending :supaburn:), and ol' HW held a nice big ceremony to present the survivors with their checks.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Optimus Subprime posted:

To be fair, most Americans have probably never thought about this issue until the TV and internet have told them it's a problem. They have no values to lose except in the most superficial sense.

Those people have no guiding principles of their own.

"No need to better yourself. You're American! You're #1!

And then the only value left is GDP. "

Armstrong 2020!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Regrettably, that purse contains fiat money.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Homeless refugees only in this country!

Logikv9 posted:

it's almost too easy how ISIS can count on America being dumb

Yeah, I'm increasingly convinced that AQ wasn't actually that smart in getting America to shoot itself in the foot, they just did the obvious and let things play out.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Stomping on this sack full of kittens will show Obama we are serious about national security!!

It's a competition to say the most odious thing as the base hoots and hollers in acclaim.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Homeless refugees only in this country!

Yeah, I'm increasingly convinced that AQ wasn't actually that smart in getting America to shoot itself in the foot, they just did the obvious and let things play out.

Clearly the best way to avoid refugees radicalizing in the US is to give them the rawest deal imaginable.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Mayor of Roanoke is on the Hillary campaign's Virginia Leadership Council.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Not for long.

• Locked thread