Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Chamale posted:

and his opponent assembles a loving Mindslaver + Yomiji, Who Bars the Way combo. This is the best

I loving love that combo. It's in my Captain Sisay deck.

Whats really annoying is that I'm likely going to have to cut Yomiji, because he lets me do degenerate poo poo like that, and the deck isn't degenerate enough to hold up to hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I don't think that's the type of quality evidence for your argument that you think it is.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Zoness posted:

When has this not been the case aside from artifacts/equipment as a pushed theme?

remember when they made the set pushing enchantments and then put memory jar in it

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

black potus posted:

remember when they made the set pushing enchantments and then put memory jar in it

Remember when they made the set pushing enchantments and then put Hangerback Walker into it?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Remember when they made the set pushing enchantments and forgot to put an enchantress in it until two enchantment-pushing sets later?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Remember when they made the set pushing enchantments and forgot to put an enchantress in it until two enchantment-pushing sets later?

This implies there were any pushed enchantments in Theros or Born of the Gods

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

cheetah7071 posted:

This implies there were any pushed enchantments in Theros or Born of the Gods

Remember when they made the set pushing enchantments and forgot to push enchantments?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Angry Grimace posted:

* Kiora basically says "gently caress off" and summons an Octopus to take her away. Jace tries one last time to convince her, this time using MIND POWERS. Kiora does not loving like this and attacks Jace. Jace has to be protected by Gideon-senpai because Jace is a little bitch.
Picturing this as Kiora summoning up a whirlpool and giving Jace the multiverse's biggest swirlie.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Remember when they made the set pushing enchantments and forgot to push enchantments?

Don't worry they remembered eventually at the last moment so enchantments were good for like three months.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Lancelot posted:

Dzyl (http://www.twitch.tv/dzyl) is currently drafting an absurd March of the Machines + Jeskai Ascendancy + mana artifacts deck in the new cube. He is so amazing. :allears:

Everyone should watch this. He just went off with March of the Machines and Jeskai Ascendancy and Legacy Weapon to exile his opponent's entire board, except Teysa Envoy of Ghosts because she has protection from creatures and the Legacy Weapon had become a creature. It's amazing.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Hellsau posted:

Remember when they made the set pushing enchantments and then put Hangerback Walker into it?

...no? :confused:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Elyv posted:

...no? :confused:

Origins had Helm of the Gods, Herald of the Pantheon, Starfield of Nyx, and a Sigil of the Empty Throne reprint. On a lower level were Blightcaster and #Blessed Spirits.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Origins also had thopter spy network and other artifact-matters cards, so I'm not sure what the point is. They were both subthemes of the set.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

sarmhan posted:

Origins also had thopter spy network and other artifact-matters cards, so I'm not sure what the point is. They were both subthemes of the set.

It was a subtheme that was more supported in Origins than in Born of the Gods.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

sarmhan posted:

It's almost like Origins was the bridge between an enchantments matter block and a colorless matters block.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
For those going to draft the new cube on mtgo, Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient has been bugged since he came out and does not work with artifacts that sacrifice as a cost.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Summit Prowler still a fine limited card.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1111931915503281&id=108725949157221

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Summit Prowler still a fine limited card.

I haven't played the Legend Cube, but I suspect that is somewhat less true in a format where it is apparently realistic to hard cast Progenitus.

fomo sacer fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 18, 2015

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Yep, this convinces me that this game is Totally Cool and Not For Dorks :cool:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Angry Grimace posted:

Mods on mtgsalvation closed the thread on Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh as fake because "some pixels" two hours after the thread was posted (strangely, the source was this thread). MTGSalvation's mods just make poo poo up as to whether a card is real or not. Becuase MTGS is a cesspool.

It really is.

Lancelot posted:

Dzyl (http://www.twitch.tv/dzyl) is currently drafting an absurd March of the Machines + Jeskai Ascendancy + mana artifacts deck in the new cube. He is so amazing. :allears:

Jan is great and is also a really awesome guy. I'm sad I haven't had the time to watch him recently.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Honestly its not truly Legendary Cube until I can have two Brothers Yamazaki in my deck.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
For what its worth, apparently on a panel about a year ago, someone from wizards said that they had found a solution for the "colorless land problem" for commander.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Cactrot posted:

Yep, this convinces me that this game is Totally Cool and Not For Dorks :cool:

I'm the ad agency who didn't bother checking what the miniatures were supposed to be

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Uncharted Realms posted:

"You will lead two land contingents. And by land, I mean, you know, the actual land. The dirt and rock and all that." Gideon mimicked the striding movement of one of Nissa's elementals.

Also, Kiora's a moron.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Silly question, you know how after a draft you can put in as many of the 5 basic land types you want for your 40 card deck? What exactly is the rule on that?

I know they can change the rules if they want, but currently could you put in as many waste as you want, or do you only get what you draft? Is it based on it being a basic land, a basic land with a land type, or do the rules name those 5 specific traditional basic land cards?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Northjayhawk posted:

Silly question, you know how after a draft you can put in as many of the 5 basic land types you want for your 40 card deck? What exactly is the rule on that?

I know they can change the rules if they want, but currently could you put in as many waste as you want, or do you only get what you draft? Is it based on it being a basic land, a basic land with a land type, or do the rules name those 5 specific traditional basic land cards?

You couldn't do that with snow land in Coldsnap. You just had to draft Snow-Covered Mountain.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Angry Grimace posted:

You couldn't do that with snow land in Coldsnap. You just had to draft Snow-Covered Mountain.

Based on what oracle says, looks like you are right. Thats nots just a basic land, it even had the island land type. You can use as many as you want in constructed, but for limited it looks like the rules do name the 5 specific cards.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Would wastes mean it's possible to deal 6 with tribal flames?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Northjayhawk posted:

Based on what oracle says, looks like you are right. Thats nots just a basic land, it even had the island land type. You can use as many as you want in constructed, but for limited it looks like the rules do name the 5 specific cards.

He is right. The only lands that you are allowed to use that weren't part of your draft picks or sealed pool in Limited are named Forest, Plains, Island, Mountain, Swamp.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

kizudarake posted:

Presumably not, because tribal flames counts basic land types, and wastes doesn't have a subtype.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

kizudarake posted:

It doesn't have a basic land type, so no.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

kizudarake posted:

No dude, the only reason they're doing this is to expand on game mechanics that have been there from the start but haven't been so clearly defined or manipulated.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
I'm wondering if Wastes won't be the only type of ♦ producing basic land since it occupies a common slot instead of the land slot in the booster.

If they want these things to be available in sealed, wouldn't they need to put ♦ lands in 3-4 common slots ?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Maybe I'm the only one but I keep looking at all the ♦ symbols and the {D} notation and thinking that wastes gives you the {D}. For your spells. Kozilek needs a double dose of your pimp {D} game or he won't show.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Apparently a charity stream is running a raffle for an entirely foiled-out Zendikar block collection for people who donate multiples of $13.33? For anyone interested.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Olothreutes posted:

Maybe I'm the only one but I keep looking at all the ♦ symbols and the {D} notation and thinking that wastes gives you the {D}. For your spells. Kozilek needs a double dose of your pimp {D} game or he won't show.

He spells it with 2 {D}s, he says, for a double dose of his pimping.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
I know we're all using "diamond," but we're all aware those are hedrons, right?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Sarcastro posted:

I know we're all using "diamond," but we're all aware those are hedrons, right?

Yeah, but it's more fun to make diamond puns. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

bhsman posted:

Yeah, but it's more fun to make diamond puns. :v:

Whew.

• Locked thread