Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

GiantHurtBall posted:

Hey let me stop grinding up towards good tank through lovely tanks (that are atleast workable) and pick up grinding to decent tanks through garbage tanks (the BP only works when its top tier if youre not welp there goes everything) ...you should pick up Armored Warfare anyway its got everything WoT lacks ...its got amazing realistic gameplay with fast and tactical movement , engaging and fun new mechanics and incredibly deep tactical operator classes like AFV's that go fast and see far , Light tanks they go fast and shoot , MBTs theyre fast and shoot but are armored , TD theyre fast and shoot but have camo and SPGs they go slow and shoot sometimes they explode :psyduck: .

Also you've incredible mechanics at work such as ...smoke launchers launching smoke that smokes and makes you +invisible+ everytime I pop my smoke I feel like a cool rogue class tank assassin its so fun and I cant wait for them to add loot into the game :^).

Did you know everytime you kill a boss in PvE it drops a energy drink? You can sell that for 20k !!! TWENTY KAY credits thats like a lot.

Also instead of being a lame dumb nationalist tank man youre a cool orphanage torching PMC man that doesn't care about any agendas but simply is in it for the money.

Thats really cool , also you can build your base and it has buildings ? They dont go fast or shoot but give you incredible buffs like "poo poo costs a bit less I guess" and "well poo poo takes a little bit less time I guess".

Truely its a great and refined game and I can't wait to play it again and spend money on it :psyduck: I'm right back into the grind after my ISP unfucked themselves and after I got my lobotomy done :^)))))

STAY STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL TANKGOONS

I like your style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.

stephenfry posted:

((you're a NATO west german amerifat, an anthropomorphization of the homogenization, assimilation and oblivion of germanness under theater stimulus capitalism during the cold war. your father imports pork byproducts for sale to the hausfraus subservient to imbecilic, bespectacled american officers. use double brackets when discussing your OC tia))

I was a jedi in pre-cu SWG tho ?

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I don't know why we don't have GHB posting here all the time

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Dvsilverwing posted:

So I sold the Panther last night because I'm tired of the sub-par nature of it and even though it's a pretty short grind to the Panther II and the E50 is apparently awesome, the Panther II is apparently just more of the same mediocrity. Thinking about picking back up on the Black Prince and getting the Caernarvon, has the replacement of the top turret made it any better or worse for wear?

The Panther was unexciting and boring to play, but the Panther 2 was just bad. It is straight up a Tiger at tier 8, complete with terrible armor and easily damaged ammo rack and engine, while facing down tier 10s. I barely made it through by just doing doubles in strongholds.

The Black Prince may or may not have its innate winrate modifier, but it got nerfed HARD. The thing is just insanely easy to pen now, and it doesn't even have its great turret anymore. I have no idea why they nerfed that thing into the ground.

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.

stephenfry posted:

I don't know why we don't have GHB posting here all the time

I'm shy.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

I have no idea why they nerfed that thing into the ground.

Hellsau posted:

innate winrate modifier

The devs balance based on win rate.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I enjoyed the game of steel hunt I did way back when, when it was still being tested. Now? The addition of flags has completely ruined it. It is literally impossible to win unless you are in a platoon. On a 700 point game, I only managed ~200 points, while platoon 1 just kept running away with flag after flag.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Rorac posted:

I enjoyed the game of steel hunt I did way back when, when it was still being tested. Now? The addition of flags has completely ruined it. It is literally impossible to win unless you are in a platoon. On a 700 point game, I only managed ~200 points, while platoon 1 just kept running away with flag after flag.

how does that work?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

More Zen of World of Tanks:

quote:

A pub messaged Hellsau after battle and complained: "I have terrible stats, but I'm really good. How can I prove it?"

"You have something very strange," replied Hellsau. "Let me see how you play."

"Just now I cannot show it to you," replied the pub.

"When can you show it to me?" asked Hellsau.

"It arises unexpectedly," replied the pub.

"Then," concluded Hellsau, "you must not be truly good. If you were, you could show it to me at any time. When you were born you did not have terrible stats, and your parents did not give them to you. Think that over."

The pub did and became good.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

There's flags in the center and goal zones on the outskirts of the map. I spawned more centralized, so I got rushed by 2 platoons at once. Steel hunt cannot possibly be won as a solo player when platoons are on the field, because a platoon counts as a single player for the purposes of scoring.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I just want to do my daily, nope. My team gets loving steamrolled every single time. This time I thought, platoon 1, good players, one of them with 72% winrate and over 30k battles.
NOPE

Reminds me of my AMX M4 45 struggle.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

The 36 Tirades of Hellsau.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Hellsau posted:

The Panther was unexciting and boring to play, but the Panther 2 was just bad. It is straight up a Tiger at tier 8, complete with terrible armor and easily damaged ammo rack and engine, while facing down tier 10s. I barely made it through by just doing doubles in strongholds.

The Black Prince may or may not have its innate winrate modifier, but it got nerfed HARD. The thing is just insanely easy to pen now, and it doesn't even have its great turret anymore. I have no idea why they nerfed that thing into the ground.

I mean it's been sitting in my garage for awhile, might as well start grinding through it. Was really just wondering if the Caernarvon was worth going through the BP or not, especially now that it has a new turret.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

West007 posted:

I just want to do my daily, nope. My team gets loving steamrolled every single time. This time I thought, platoon 1, good players, one of them with 72% winrate and over 30k battles.
NOPE

Reminds me of my AMX M4 45 struggle.

Don't worry the FV207 is worse.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

GiantHurtBall posted:

Hey let me stop grinding up towards good tank through lovely tanks (that are atleast workable) and pick up grinding to decent tanks through garbage tanks (the BP only works when its top tier if youre not welp there goes everything) ...you should pick up Armored Warfare anyway its got everything WoT lacks ...its got amazing realistic gameplay with fast and tactical movement , engaging and fun new mechanics and incredibly deep tactical operator classes like AFV's that go fast and see far , Light tanks they go fast and shoot , MBTs theyre fast and shoot but are armored , TD theyre fast and shoot but have camo and SPGs they go slow and shoot sometimes they explode :psyduck: .

Also you've incredible mechanics at work such as ...smoke launchers launching smoke that smokes and makes you +invisible+ everytime I pop my smoke I feel like a cool rogue class tank assassin its so fun and I cant wait for them to add loot into the game :^).

Did you know everytime you kill a boss in PvE it drops a energy drink? You can sell that for 20k !!! TWENTY KAY credits thats like a lot.

Also instead of being a lame dumb nationalist tank man youre a cool orphanage torching PMC man that doesn't care about any agendas but simply is in it for the money.

Thats really cool , also you can build your base and it has buildings ? They dont go fast or shoot but give you incredible buffs like "poo poo costs a bit less I guess" and "well poo poo takes a little bit less time I guess".

Truely its a great and refined game and I can't wait to play it again and spend money on it :psyduck: I'm right back into the grind after my ISP unfucked themselves and after I got my lobotomy done :^)))))

STAY STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL TANKGOONS

This posts reflects my thoughts on world of tanks, not in content, but in method

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
I got into a game with Helionist today and he yelled at me for getting spotted and getting him shot even though Sixth Sense didn't go off. I felt bad all the same though.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mmkay posted:

Don't worry the FV207 is worse.

And then you get FV3805 and everything is great again.

no it isn't, it gets even worse :smithicide:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Not gonna lie, I enjoyed the Crusader SP more than I did the M12 and S-51, and the horror stories I heard about the 207 do not match up with my experience thus far.

My secret is that I never used the 5.5 inch gun on the SP and shoot like 90% AP in the 207. :ssh:

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

McGavin posted:

Hahaha

About the Indian pander, I quite liked it. The turret isn't very bouncy and the aim time isn't good, but it's an ok tank. The only t8 medium that stands heads and shoulders above the rest is the Object 216, anyway. The Panther 2, I still have it in my garage but it's more an emotional thing because I used to love it and do great in it. Now it's just bad.

Not that I've played in the last months anyway.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Hellsau posted:

The 36 Tirades of Hellsau.

Is there going to be a secret message encoded in this?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Hellsau posted:

Did you also start off by buying a Tier 8 prem because you couldn't stand grinding through Tiers 1-5?

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Infected posted:

Did you also start off by buying a Tier 8 prem because you couldn't stand grinding through Tiers 1-5?
:boom:

actually wait what im p sure hellsau used account codes, minmaxed and ground up through the IS line like a good boy

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

West007 posted:

This time I thought, platoon 1, good players, one of them with 72% winrate and over 30k battles.

Serrestal is a statpadder. Mj_Hotlips should've done a bit better than that, guess he hosed up that game. chenguiruli is an odd outlier.. 34k battles and only 2 tier 10 tanks, E-100 and Waffle, total battles in the two combined: 54. He has played zero tier 9 tanks. And yet he has 50% or better WR in EVERY tank he's ever played. :psyduck:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Infected posted:

I really enjoyed playing my lower tier tanks actually, since I went up the Hellcat line first. T18 into T82 into M8A1 into T49 into Hellcat, all pre-nerf? Yeah you can see how that'd be more fun than the T25/2 without gold round, T28 Proto, or T30 when I was too dumb to actually get the 155mm (gotta get my tier 10 yo!)

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
Time to play tonks again hellsau. Gota grind the lovely rampage missions.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

So I'm actually just recently getting back into the game, "rampage mode" seems to be something introduced while I was gone. What the hell is it?

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Yeah, I can't figure out what rampage mode is for. Played in a game tonight, brought three tanks obviously, but I never lost my first (m46 Patton). We win, I've got like 40 points and 1400xp.

That's what I can expect out of a good game in pub matches. And while playing a bunch of tier 10s I used more apcr than I normally would, I didn't lose a single tank and it still cost me 25k for the privilege.

Also, I'm a total noob and bought the Scoda. It drives like a t-25 (surprise) and has better bloom. I think it's fun, but maybe it's because I've got a 90% win rate in it over 10 matches tonight.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
90% winrate in 10 matches? drat that's like, 9 out of 10 matches.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Exia00 posted:

Apparently I hadn't played since the 10th. Got on to kill five enemies in the PvE noob mode for a contest, accidentally entered regular battle twice in my T2LT because Wargaming's UX is terrible. Holy gently caress the default garage is unusable.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Wargaming's UX is terrible. Holy gently caress the default garage is unusable.

Patch day sucks balls.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

McGavin posted:

Patch day sucks balls.

Patch day means "take a week's vacation from tanks". Longer depending on how retarded WG was on the patch in question.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Type 59's coming in the mail because of that contest. I can feel it this time.

~good thoughts 2 wgna~

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Exia00 posted:

Those rampage missions are going to be poo poo. Well poo poo if you don't have a Leopard, BatChat or Russian Medium, since those are the only tanks that can realistically grab a flag and get away with it.
They are also going to be poo poo going solo, since a coordinated team is even more powerful in this mode.
Good work WG in loving up a new mode.
The good part is that you earn a credits while playing tier 10s. I was running a T57/T110E5/IS-7 and was going like 20-50 k plus per battle (my fast meds are the Fatton and CentAX).
Also, the BatChat is completely broken in this mode since you also reload on the repair zones, effectively making you reload in shorter time than it takes to empty a clip.

Finally, the Centurion AX is loving fun to play.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Centurion AX is a zippy death machine with great gun handling. I loving love it.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
Any thoughts on the Skoda T-40 yet? It looks like the hybrid of a Cromwell and a VK 30.02 D. I'm tempted to pick it up because there's not enough fast higher tier premiums.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

GiantHurtBall posted:

AFV's that go fast and see far , Light tanks they go fast and shoot , MBTs theyre fast and shoot but are armored , TD theyre fast and shoot but have camo and SPGs they go slow and shoot sometimes they explode :psyduck: .

yea

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Type 59's coming in the mail because of that contest. I can feel it this time.

~good thoughts 2 wgna~

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/473029-type-59-giveaway-contest-2-proving-ground/#topmost

isn't it spectacularly counterproductive of WGNA to heavily incentivize playing a game mode which means actively avoiding other players? This is not how you MMO, WG. :psyduck: perhaps they want the game to die?

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Cardiac posted:

Those rampage missions are going to be poo poo. Well poo poo if you don't have a Leopard, BatChat or Russian Medium, since those are the only tanks that can realistically grab a flag and get away with it.
They are also going to be poo poo going solo, since a coordinated team is even more powerful in this mode.
Good work WG in loving up a new mode.
The good part is that you earn a credits while playing tier 10s. I was running a T57/T110E5/IS-7 and was going like 20-50 k plus per battle (my fast meds are the Fatton and CentAX).
Also, the BatChat is completely broken in this mode since you also reload on the repair zones, effectively making you reload in shorter time than it takes to empty a clip.

Finally, the Centurion AX is loving fun to play.

dammit I take it all back I want one now

insulting past self for not powergrinding brit meds

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

Any thoughts on the Skoda T-40 yet? It looks like the hybrid of a Cromwell and a VK 30.02 D. I'm tempted to pick it up because there's not enough fast higher tier premiums.

it's a blind tier 6 with poor camo, a huge target. i will shoot at it.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

stephenfry posted:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/473029-type-59-giveaway-contest-2-proving-ground/#topmost

isn't it spectacularly counterproductive of WGNA to heavily incentivize playing a game mode which means actively avoiding other players? This is not how you MMO, WG. :psyduck: perhaps they want the game to die?

There are other players in that mode and sometimes they will yell at you for killstealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

There are other players in that mode and sometimes they will yell at you for killstealing.
but of course. it's a feature. All hail SerB