Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
I must be a wuss now because Arbys smokehouse jalapeño brisket sandwich is burning a hole through my soul. And I get to spend the rest of my day stuck in my truck with myself. Whoops.

I see the 2016 camaros are a highly acclaimed, will that result in better deals on 2015s sitting on the lot in December?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

This was a stupid loving day. I found out my goddamned taxes were never filed. What's the best way for me to do this myself online?

IRS chat: I got a nice notice in the mail a couple months ago from the IRS that I'm still loving with because I did my taxes correctly in 2013 and a place that I do work for after hours decided to report way more than what I charged, so I got audited since my numbers were way lower.. As a result, I no longer do business with that company and I'm waiting on the final word since all my poo poo was in line and they are still trying to figure out their "corrected" numbers. loving people these days..

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Which is better: PS4 or the XBone for streaming video from a PC to your TV? I have a PS3 and it does OK with this but I am curious if the newest consoles are any better at it.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

Which is better: PS4 or the XBone for streaming video from a PC to your TV? I have a PS3 and it does OK with this but I am curious if the newest consoles are any better at it.

The new ones are no better than the old ones for streaming content. I have a PS4 and I can't tell a single bit of difference, the 360/PS3's were already fast as hell for anything video.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

December is fuckig killing my savings account. My mom's birthday was on Sunday, GF's is Dec. 12, pop's is Dec 21, then Christmas presents for both my parents, lil bro and the girl. Then two Yankee Swap gifts as well. I sold two Supreme t-shirts on eBay for $125 a pop and bought some stuff with that.
I make sure to budget christmas and gifts during the whole year to avoid this kind of annoyance.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Buddy of mine did something terrible hilarious one year. Dumb teenager and cheap as he was (cheap, not poor), dumped his girlfriend before December so that he didn't have to get her a birthday or Christmas gift.

After the new year they got back together. :allears: dumb teenagers

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Wife just signed her new job contract. drat it feels good to be a gangsterDINK household.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Well, that certainly didn't take long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TzR3CEk73Q

What an amazingly bigoted and close-minded man. Calling him a piece of poo poo would be disrespectful to actual pieces of poo poo.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

KozmoNaut posted:

What an amazingly bigoted and close-minded man. Calling him a piece of poo poo would be disrespectful to actual pieces of poo poo.

This was the guy calling for genocide against gays. So, yeah, he was never high up on the open-minded list.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

jamal posted:

It can get really out of hand, especially if you race and have multiple bikes. I probably spent at least $500 on just tires this year.

Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard. I cringe at spending $500 on car tires.

KozmoNaut posted:

Not even going to watch it. He's one of many so-called Christians who'll be very surprised at their afterlife accommodations. Jack-holes like him make me embarrassed to admit I'm part of the same general belief system.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 18, 2015

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tide posted:

Who is the resident Land Rover guy? I exchanged some PMs with years ago and need to pick your brain.
Just ask the question here, depends on context. You probably want Motronic, CSB, or BK, though.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard. I cringe at spending $500 on car tires.

Just checked - $436. And the rear MTB tire I bought in june is toast. Replacement will be about $75 after it's mounted tubeless but I'll wait until the spring for that.

Also I need to buy some new snow tires for my car very soon. Hooray for a tirerack wholesale account. General altimax are the go-to, right?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Darchangel posted:

Not even going to watch it. He's one of many so-called Christians who'll be very surprised at their afterlife accommodations. Jack-holes like him make me embarrassed to admit I'm part of the same general belief system.

I don't even care that he's Christian or whatever. Dude's an rear end in a top hat, pure and simple. Putting any other label on him is just disrespectful to anyone else who happens to share that label.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

jamal posted:

Just checked - $436. And the rear MTB tire I bought in june is toast. Replacement will be about $75 after it's mounted tubeless but I'll wait until the spring for that.

Also I need to buy some new snow tires for my car very soon. Hooray for a tirerack wholesale account. General altimax are the go-to, right?

I generally go with winterforces because they are cheap, goodish, studdable, and decent in mud/dirt as well as snow. In fact I need to bring my new set to work with me along with my winter wheels and get them mounted/balanced soon.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I'm at the Austin Convention Center today and tomorrow, where should I eat and drink? We had a vendor-paid dinner at Bob's Steak and Chop House on Monday (I was meat-hungover the next morning), then yesterday went to another vendor's party at Maggie Mae's followed by even more drinks at Firehouse.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

KozmoNaut posted:

Calling him a bigot is insulting bigots. Holy crap does he actually realise he's the American version of loving ISIS? Does he even in any way shape of form grasp that Jesus guy he professes to whipped the poo poo out of people like him?

Yeesh, I completely understand why atheists think Christians suck when fucktards like him exist.

quote:

To be honest, if I had the ability to do it all over again, I'd have bought a Cervelo

Cervelos suffer similar issues TBH. Most TT bikes arent road burners, they are only meant to sit and grind. Well if the Fuji doesn't like crosswinds, that's one more off the list :(

I'm kinda hanging to see what Specialized does with the next Shiv. The Venge Vias might have some brake issues but there's no denying the wind tunnel Specialized has got them a serious aero advantage. I'll be interested to see what the next Shiv gains - my SO's Shiv is such a nice friendly well mannered bike - no road burner but I have a old model Venge and a Tarmac to do that :D

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I've been looking at tires for my winter vehicle. I don't really need any, but the ones I got a year ago are used and they're noisy as hell. This always happens on payday, I look for stuff to buy that I really don't need.

Though I do have a kind of good reason to look: These tires are slightly undersized but I needed them in a hurry. But then I say to myself "well if youre buying new tires you should just go for some oversized bro ones" and then suddenly I'm looking at a $600+ dollar purchase.

I think I'm ok with the tires I have.

Cage fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 18, 2015

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Calling him a bigot is insulting bigots. Holy crap does he actually realise he's the American version of loving ISIS? Does he even in any way shape of form grasp that Jesus guy he professes to whipped the poo poo out of people like him?

Yeesh, I completely understand why atheists think Christians suck when fucktards like him exist.

Cervelos suffer similar issues TBH. Most TT bikes arent road burners, they are only meant to sit and grind. Well if the Fuji doesn't like crosswinds, that's one more off the list :(

I'm kinda hanging to see what Specialized does with the next Shiv. The Venge Vias might have some brake issues but there's no denying the wind tunnel Specialized has got them a serious aero advantage. I'll be interested to see what the next Shiv gains - my SO's Shiv is such a nice friendly well mannered bike - no road burner but I have a old model Venge and a Tarmac to do that :D

It's not so much the bike, but the wheels that catch crosswinds. All 78-80mm section wheels are going to do that. Besides, you'll pay $6000 for a Cervelo p4 and still get poo poo-tier wheels :v: My delta6 cost me $3800 out the door. I can't even touch zipp 808's for that kind of price locally, let alone having a full carbon aero bike attached to them. That whole bike used to have an MSRP of $6,000. Honestly, I really like the wheels, but I've grown out of love with those vredestein fortezza tricomps I have on there. Conti GP for life. I have a set of 25mm gp4k2's on my EA70sl's and I love you all for recommending them. They make chip& seal a non-issue. I have had a cervelo s2 with zipp 404's as an aspirational purchase in my head for almost a decade now. I won't do it because I'd feel like a loving tool/dentist for riding a bike so awesome while being a slow, fat slob.

Those shivs look loving awesome and the whole water bottle in the downtube thing is amazing. I love specialized for the attention to detail. My e5 looks loving flawless. I have entertained taking it to work and scanning the bottom bracket with my CMM to check it's cylindricity.

E: god loving damnit, bethesda. My poo poo's crashing to desktop after 13 hours of play. WTF man? Also, my mentor's last day was today and that was a really hard goodbye for me. He's going to http://www.altamotors.co

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 19, 2015

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Pham Nuwen posted:

I'm at the Austin Convention Center today and tomorrow, where should I eat and drink? We had a vendor-paid dinner at Bob's Steak and Chop House on Monday (I was meat-hungover the next morning), then yesterday went to another vendor's party at Maggie Mae's followed by even more drinks at Firehouse.

Kerbey Lane Cafe. Order the Kerbey Queso.

There's 4 or 5 locations around Austin. The original on Kerbey is the best, of course.

Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is good for drinks and movies, though they've been spreading like wildfire. They started in Houston or Austin, I think?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Tide posted:

Who is the resident Land Rover guy? I exchanged some PMs with years ago and need to pick your brain.

Me, Curshedshitbox, InitialDave?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Pham Nuwen posted:

If you're up to travel ~5 miles, get your rear end over to Rudy's. Great loving BBQ.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Just went on a rampage buying accessories for my car and work truck... 2x slim 2-port usb chargers, 2x 6' braided USB to micro USB cables, 1x 10' USB to micro USB cable, 3x MagicMount phone holders, OB2 bluetooth adapter, a used Nexus 7 and Torque. My eBay bucks are gonna be off the charts, yo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

Go see a real accountant. Between this and your healthcare related fines you need to have someone who knows what they are doing straighten this out for you.

Lame. I just spent my entire paycheck on bills so broke for a week.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

If you're up to travel ~5 miles, get your rear end over to Rudy's. Great loving BBQ.

But we have Rudy's in Albuquerque

I just saw Jason Alexander perform at the Mellanox party.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Ugh, this getting into shape thing sucks. I think I managed to overdo it somehow today, even though it was just a cardio day, not strength. Feels like I've got a broken rib, except it's more of a dull pain so I'm assuming that I just pulled something. Breathing hurts though, which is pretty lovely, and now I'll have to talk to someone tomorrow to find out what I can do that won't cause this to become a real injury (on the assumption that it's currently not, hopefully).

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah uh Rudy's expanded outside of Austin years ago. They do have good BBQ, but I know a couple of mom and pop places (not in Austin unfortunately) that put them to shame.

Pham, look for Torchy's Tacos as well (they've expanded outside of Austin in the past few years, but they're still a Texas-only thing aside from Denver). They're kinda pricey, but well worth it. My favorites are the chicken fajita, and the brushfire (w/out sour cream). The brushfire is jalapenos, mangos, and jerked chicken, plus a side of habanero sauce. :flame: If you'd rather stay meat-free, they have the independent - fried portabella mushrooms, black beans, corn, carrots, queso fresco, avocado.... loving delish.

Freebirds Burritos is also good, but you may have that in ABQ by now.

And don't you dare leave without hitting up Waterloo Records.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Just went on a rampage buying accessories for my car and work truck... 2x slim 2-port usb chargers, 2x 6' braided USB to micro USB cables, 1x 10' USB to micro USB cable, 3x MagicMount phone holders, OB2 bluetooth adapter, a used Nexus 7 and Torque. My eBay bucks are gonna be off the charts, yo.

No splash guards? :saddowns:

When you break those USB cables (and you will), get some Mediabridge cables. You have to really work to damage them.

The Locator posted:

Ugh, this getting into shape thing sucks. I think I managed to overdo it somehow today, even though it was just a cardio day, not strength. Feels like I've got a broken rib, except it's more of a dull pain so I'm assuming that I just pulled something. Breathing hurts though, which is pretty lovely, and now I'll have to talk to someone tomorrow to find out what I can do that won't cause this to become a real injury (on the assumption that it's currently not, hopefully).

It's pretty easy to injure yourself with cardio. Especially knees and ankles. Every time I start jogging/running again, I always wind up loving up my ankles for a few days, and also wind up with shin splints from hell. :sigh:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 19, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

some texas redneck posted:

No splash guards? :saddowns:

:iceburn:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I thought the point of Micro USB was to have the cable be the weak point in the system and break first?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

It is, but most cheap cables have the wires break off inside of the micro USB end long before the male plug wears out. That or the plug is cheaply made and starts falling out after only a month or two.

But that point is why I always buy charges with detachable cables now - at least that way I can just swap the cable instead of throwing away the charger.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

The Locator posted:

Ummm...if that's on your left side, you might want to get to an ER...like, NOW. Chest pains are not to be hosed around with.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
In a situation where it happened after exercise, and was delayed, even, I wouldn't worry too much. If you are concerned, don't go to an ER, but instead go to an urgent care (if you're in the US). Generally shorter wait times, and a much, MUCH smaller bill if it's nothing.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Pham Nuwen posted:

But we have Rudy's in Albuquerque

I just saw Jason Alexander perform at the Mellanox party.

Well poo poo, didn't know they'd gone that far west in the last few years. Awesome! I used to end up at the one in Selma all the time when I worked in San Antonio.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Nah, right side, lower ribs towards the back and definitely 'outside-ish' where the muscles are (lats I believe). I've been working on those core muscles and I upped the weight on the last set today (of some sideways twisting exercise that I don't know the name of), which was apparently a mistake. I'll see how it feels in the morning and go from there.

Liquid Communism posted:

Well poo poo, didn't know they'd gone that far west in the last few years. Awesome! I used to end up at the one in Selma all the time when I worked in San Antonio.

We have Rudy's in Phoenix now too.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

jamal posted:

I dunno if they're the go-to but I run them and I like them so much I'm on my third set in 8 years or so. They make my FWD Volvo unstoppable in the snow.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jamal can you get a few of us the hookup on that account? Because God drat

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Unfortunately they don't drop ship, and the difference is not very much. Discount tire ships for free, so after paying for shipping from tirerack it's only like $20 less.

On a lot of performance parts that aren't tires/wheels I can usually save people a few bucks.

jamal fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 19, 2015

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Tide posted:

I can give you limited support at this point. if you want connector level support, I may/maynot be able to recall.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

I can give you limited support at this point. if you want connector level support, I may/maynot be able to recall.

You know what lies at the end of that road.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Well, it's all done and I'm moving into a house with this garage Saturday.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749466&userid=49415#post452552695

Lots of play room. House pretty much sucks, but you can't get poo poo for $300 p.w. in this city, and a workshop/garage like that is very rare. Sucks it's going to be 36C over the weekend of the move, and no a/c at the house.

Laughing at FO4 stuff though, steam ripping off Aussie buyers at $112 for the game. Not that I could run it with my graphics card, or afford it either.
Going to play some old game, thinking about vietcong or something, while listening to the grey album mentioned earlier. :toot: happy birthday.
Hey AI, I'm your dumb drunk, poor uncle or something :v:
Yes I had one of them, who was useless, always rented, and most of the time died early enough I barely remember them. I have become one.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Nov 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

My boss and I stopped at his house real quick and I realized I've done landscaping and tree removal here before a few years ago. Small loving world.

• Locked thread