Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ew gross i shan't be clicking thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

epitasis posted:

ew gross i shan't be clicking thanks

if you don't cry when Sweet Saraya cries at the airport you're FILTH

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I liked british carnies better when they were that short-lived show with eddie izzard and his family of suburban squatters

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Once again Davis Shoemaker is an idiot and comments on things that he doesn't have the full story on. He says that the whole thing is ok because Charlotte agreed and went along with it.

Like the dude admits to reading the squared circle sub-Reddit (which had the full details about what ric flair said in his podcast) and he still got the details wrong.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Honestly, if you listen to Paige talk about her family, it would be a vastly bigger surprise if she wasn't a bully.

Paige isn't a bully. She well liked by the locker room. She's always hanging out with the other women.

Summer Rae and Rosa Mendes took Paige's side in the Twitter spat with Lana. Lana is legitimately disliked by the locker room mainly due to the TMZ deal which I gave all the details at the time.

There's ongoing concern that Lana is gonna leave or be fired. She's gotten in so much poo poo. Literally as one thing blows over she gets into something else. Mike Johnson today said a similar thing at Smackdown this week people were wondering how could Lana return to the locker room with her head held high after embarrassing herself.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

My understanding is that Lana didn't have a noticeably poor attitude until after the disastrous face turn. Everything I've heard before that is people were weirded out she didn't squad up and party every night.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

DrVenkman posted:

That whole thing is weird. It seemed to be a work, though ultimately a pointless one since Lana isn't a wrestler, but then most of Lana's tweets have been deleted and you have a former writer weighing in. I like Lana, but it's clear that she just waded into this wrestling stuff by accident and would probably rather just do something else now.

We're on the hunt for fake wrestle girls now I guess

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

How real was the talk of Lana becoming the "female face of the company" or whatever? It just seems like a weird thing to say about a total non-wrestler in a one note gimmick, even if she was doing very well.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Vince's idea of a female star is Sable

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

rovert posted:

Paige isn't a bully. She well liked by the locker room. She's always hanging out with the other women.
Might I introduce you to a concept called a "clique"?

quote:

Lana is legitimately disliked by the locker room mainly due to the TMZ deal which I gave all the details at the time.
This part is actually bollocks, though. To the extent that it's even talked about it's a "She was kind of an idiot there.". Most people don't care. No heat either way.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Fat Lowtax posted:

How real was the talk of Lana becoming the "female face of the company" or whatever? It just seems like a weird thing to say about a total non-wrestler in a one note gimmick, even if she was doing very well.

IIRC Meltzer was talking it up a fair amount around WM time, possibly sooner.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Lana is just too sweeeeeeeet

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I miss Rusev

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Being disliked by the locker room could be an indictment of a person or it could be an indication that they are a normal reasonable human. You never know with wrestling.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Ive gave a bunch more attention and gotten a lot more enjoyment out of Lana than Paige, Summer, Rosa et al so gently caress Em Up CJ gently caress Em Up

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DynamiteKidd posted:

Vince's idea of a female star is Sable

Cornette on JR's Show starts to talk about this before JR very quickly cuts him off :xd:

"White cotton panti-"
"Well let's move on to something else!"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Spermgod posted:

Being disliked by the locker room could be an indictment of a person or it could be an indication that they are a normal reasonable human. You never know with wrestling.

Nah Lana ruined over 5 months of storylines and really hosed over Summer Rae who everyone really likes by selling her engagement story to TMZ. Paige saw red when Lana tried to co-opt her storyline with Charlotte so soon after that and without asking.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

Paige saw red

Did she ask Eva to move aside nicely, or did she just yell at her?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Jerusalem posted:

Did she ask Eva to move aside nicely, or did she just yell at her?

I reported two weeks ago that Paige said, and I quote, "YAAAAAAAAAAAA."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I reported two weeks ago that Paige said, and I quote, "YAAAAAAAAAAAA."

Any word on whose house it was?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'll edit this in case people freak out over ROH spoilers:

quote:

with (Roh guy) winning with a burning hammer (reverse Attitude Adjustment).

Not inaccurate, but still :lol:

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

rovert posted:

Nah Lana ruined over 5 months of storylines and really hosed over Summer Rae who everyone really likes by selling her engagement story to TMZ. Paige saw red when Lana tried to co-opt her storyline with Charlotte so soon after that and without asking.

I can see management thinking this, but she did everyone except Summer a favor by euthanizing that goddamn storyline.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

big dave all but coming out and directly accusing michael hayes of writing the reid flair line in the observer lol

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

mclast posted:

I can see management thinking this, but she did everyone except Summer a favor by euthanizing that goddamn storyline.

lana is a goddamned hero and if she leaves i hope she becomes Too Good For WWE a la Batista

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

lana is a goddamned hero and if she leaves i hope she becomes Too Good For WWE a la Batista

She already sort of has been?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Big Dave goes into the angle some more on tonight's WOR, and it's a must-listen

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Jerusalem posted:

Any word on whose house it was?

Dirtsheets are reporting that the exchange took place at a waffle house that, as of now, is under new management.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

oatgan posted:

big dave all but coming out and directly accusing michael hayes of writing the reid flair line in the observer lol

Which is funny because on his podcast Flair says that Hayes definitely has Charlotte's back and seems to infer it was all Vince and Dunne.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Dave is FURIOUS on Observer Radio

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Spermgod posted:

Dave is FURIOUS on Observer Radio

Goddamn, this is a top shelf listen.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I was surprised that he didn't think the angle was that big of a deal on Monday, but something changed and he's breathing fire now. Whatever he found out through reporting in the past few days must have pissed him off like few other things do.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Angry Dave is the best Dave. I really want to know what's changed from Tuesday's "well, you know, it's tasteless and Ric doesn't like it and it makes no sense" to today's rage.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Lana did summer a favour imo
She's much better paired with Tyler Breeze than stuck in a storyline with boring ziggler

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Dunbar posted:

I was surprised that he didn't think the angle was that big of a deal on Monday, but something changed and he's breathing fire now. Whatever he found out through reporting in the past few days must have pissed him off like few other things do.

He found out Ric and the family didn't know.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
jesus this show is what, 45 minutes of Reid Flair and then a huge derail on bodybuilding and roids.

In other words, a great show.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
I subscribed to the Observer to hear the Dave rant about Reid Flair. Can you guys recommend me some good Observer Radios (or link to the last time you answered that question)? Thanks!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Web Jew.0 posted:

I subscribed to the Observer to hear the Dave rant about Reid Flair. Can you guys recommend me some good Observer Radios (or link to the last time you answered that question)? Thanks!

If you're into learning random things about the history of the business, find the Sin Limites Dave did with Mike Sempervive over the past year or so.

Daniel Bryan posted:

He found out Ric and the family didn't know.

Also, that at no point has WWE reached out to Ric or Charlotte's mother to apologize after the fact.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Besides his ripping on the WWE for being a bunch of spineless sleazeball promoters, I enjoyed Dave tearing ESPN apart haha.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

"It's a stereotype that Muslims bomb things but there's a lot of truth in stereotypes! I'm sure there are bad Asian drivers and I'm sure there are black people out there who enjoy a dinner of fried chicken and watermelon..." -Jim "P.S." Cornette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Luigi Thirty posted:

"It's a stereotype that Muslims bomb things but there's a lot of truth in stereotypes! I'm sure there are bad Asian drivers and I'm sure there are black people out there who enjoy a dinner of fried chicken and watermelon..." -Jim "P.S." Cornette

Honestly, I've only ever really gotten this lovely, annoying , dickhead side of Cornette, can someone explain why he's respected on some level? Is it just something I need to find and look into?

• Locked thread