Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the world after the Paris attacks – The world seems more contorted and dangerous after terrorists killed 129 people and injured 300 others in Paris, while negotiators in Vienna have set a new deadline for talks between parties to the Syrian conflict"

Telegraph:

Times:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Huh, a good adams

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
That Rowson is one of the best cartoons I've ever seen.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Baron La Croix posted:

That Rowson is one of the best cartoons I've ever seen.

Seriously though, it's pretty iconic.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Rowson isn't even playing the same sport as most of these other fuckers, to be fair.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
fukken saved

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Paris attacks – In a dramatic escalation of France’s war against Islamic State, Francois Hollande on Monday pledged to intensify his country’s airstrikes against the terror group"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

After Low.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
drat, people. You planning on doing some cartoons of your own, or you just gonna keep copying Low?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Mac already went lower than Low years ago.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

It's been 125 years and still Dropping the Pilot is usually good for half a dozen adaptations per annum. Some mines just keep giving of their richest veins, and we can only hope that when the Balrog appears it isn't being drawn by Rowson.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm a dummy, but who's the green tie in the second Indie? Erdogan?

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm a dummy, but who's the green tie in the second Indie? Erdogan?

Yeah. Anyone know why he's got a green tie?

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Nov 17, 2015

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Well it's the colour of Islam so maybe it fits his party, I'm too lazy to look it up

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Apparently his party's colours are orange and blue.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Mac's gone full Hitler.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

UK Political Cartoons Mega Thread Part 3: gently caress Off Mac

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I fixed the problem.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Mac's gone full Hitler.

There aren't that many rats as one might have expected from Mac, but who is this mysterious nosey silhouette with a rifle? Looks more like a Jewish red commissar than an ISIS terrorist.

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the latest airstrikes in Syria – French, Russian, British and US warplanes have struck Islamic State targets in Syria and Iraq"

Telegraph:

Jeremy Corbyn backs 'strictly necessary force' to save lives

Times:

After Alfred Leete.

Mail:

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
gently caress off Mac.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Lord of the Llamas posted:

gently caress off Mac.

Given the choice between Tory-land or Death-Cult Caliphate, most muslims would prefer living in a more tolerant, inclusive, and less right-wing country?
A good cartoon?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Uh yeah that's worse than the rats one in a way, at least that had a half-arsed attempt to contrast them with ordinary Muslims. This is straight up 'the enemy in our midst'

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Loving the swastika on the wall. Mac's subconscious trying to send a message?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

OzyMandrill posted:

Given the choice between Tory-land or Death-Cult Caliphate, most muslims would prefer living in a more tolerant, inclusive, and less right-wing country?
A good cartoon?

No joke, I think this is something he was going for in a way, hence the swastika and 'Down with the fuzz' on the wall contrasting Muslims just having wholesome boring past-time.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

UrbicaMortis posted:

Loving the swastika on the wall. Mac's subconscious trying to send a message?

After his rat comic he's trying to throw us off the scent: no way Mac of all people doesn't know which way round a Nazi swastika goes.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Mac always draws a swastika

He's never actually seen graffiti where he lives, but he's heard about it when he visited that London, and so in his mind it's just someone writing "CHELSEA" on a wall and drawing a swastika under it

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Mac's drawing of a wall was so realistic it confused Mac himself and he thought for a moment he was out on one of his late-night nazi vandalism sprees that he goes on every Tuesday, got to keep the dream alive

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I on the other hand subscribe to a different theory, its the "Mac is really old' theory. If you look at some of Bell's old stuff, like the Thatcher CYOA or the like, he often drew similar looking punks to Mac's style and would sometimes have them in graffiti filled alleys. Since Mac is very old and hasn't been outside since the 1980s that is what he thinks stuff is still like.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Well we know that Glyn is 80.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Well we know that Glyn is 80.

Mac's about that age himself. My guess is he's put it there as a birthday greeting for a friend of his. I'm not entirely sure how much of a complement it is to put birthday wishes in an at-best-questionable cartoon next to MANCHER UTD ROOL and an actual goddamn swastika, but I'm sure Glyn will smile politely regardless.

e: also Mac's initials are SM (Stanley McMurty), and according to wikipedia his wife's name is Liz, so if her maiden name ends in a V there's almost evidence that Mac is actually human in some capacity.

Angepain fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 19, 2015

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Maybe Glyn hates the fuzz.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Cliff Racer posted:

I on the other hand subscribe to a different theory, its the "Mac is really old' theory. If you look at some of Bell's old stuff, like the Thatcher CYOA or the like, he often drew similar looking punks to Mac's style and would sometimes have them in graffiti filled alleys. Since Mac is very old and hasn't been outside since the 1980s that is what he thinks stuff is still like.

I was going to write this, right down to the decade. Mac's cultural references are 80s football hooligans and the Bash Street Kids, as well as 70s sitcoms about hen-pecked husbands. He's from a uh different time as they say

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and Trident – Labour drafts in Ken Livingstone, a strong opponent of the Trident nuclear weapons programme, to oversee it’s defence review" After Tenniel.

Telegraph:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... female 'robocops' as the new faces of counter-terrorism

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A critique of pushing what should be members of the public into militarized roles oh no wait it's just some standard sexism.

gently caress off Mac.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I thought it was a joke on how much poo poo she's going to have to take off and put back on.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Redeye Flight posted:

I thought it was a joke on how much poo poo she's going to have to take off and put back on.

It was.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
You see, when ladies go to the weewee house, they need to be completely naked, otherwise their strange alien pee holes might malfunction, so a lady special forces person will need to remove every single item of armour or camouflage or whatever it is she wears so she can do her job without wandering uterus syndrome or something getting in the way of things.

gently caress Off Mac.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

You know, not every Mac cartoon is a direct expression of his terrible views, sometimes he just makes a silly joke. Usually he at least manages to put a horrible racist caricature in the background, but when not consumed by hatred of The Other he can occasionally just make a normal cartoon.

The need to emphasise that this robo-cop is not only a robo-cop but also a Female Woman is a little curious, though that's more to do with the Mail's initial framing of the story than Mac's reaction to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
At least he didn't draw her with lipstick on her balaclava or in some sort of sexy armour.

• Locked thread