Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Yeah, what a normie. Liking the popular commentators, as if.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Zhi owns in the way that when theres a sex offender living in your neighborhood no one wants to move there so it keeps the rent down

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Tae posted:

Zhi and Skiskonic are the same people

Zhi dreams about having the social graces of Skisonic.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

HoneyBoy posted:

you probably like ultrachen lmao

I hadn't considered it before now, but I guess Zhi's humor might actually be too high brow for some people.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Tae posted:

Zhi and Skiskonic are the same people

whoa now, lets not get crazy here

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Not even Zhi would let a guy in a fursuit fondle him.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
:negative:
NLBC is dead to me. I took a peek to see what was going on and its Art's stream with MS samantha donations on spamming memes and god knows what while sci tries to commentate over it.

So awful. What happened to spooky?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Microwaves Mom posted:

NLBC is dead to me. I took a peek to see what was going on and its Art's stream with MS samantha donations on spamming memes and god knows what while sci tries to commentate over it.

my work schedule changed so i havent really had a chance to watch nlbc since the whole next-level shutting down debacle occurred

i thought spooky was planning on moving out west?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Save us, Spooky. Don't leave us!

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Spooky said like a month ago when the moving rumors first popped up that he got an offer from a company to work for them but he would only be able to stream events for their games, so he turned it down. Don't know what's gone on since then.

edit: Spooky just tweeted that he's going to Japan to do the English stream for the Tekken 7 Master Cup

FanaticalMilk posted:

Zhi's gotten better now that it seems like he's a little more self aware and able to reign himself in at times.
I believe Zhi's still with Mad Catz, so Markman told him to dial his poo poo back after getting a ton of complaints during a tournament.

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 19, 2015

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

You should all go watch the archive from WNF and see Nuckledu body brent free as poo poo while putting the shades on and off like 50 times

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Microwaves Mom posted:

I think more than anything Art's streams are a great example of why running a stream and playing in a tournament are at odds with one another.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

iPodschun posted:

edit: Spooky just tweeted that he's going to Japan to do the English stream for the Tekken 7 Master Cup

Here's hoping the TSA doesn't steal and/or ruin his poo poo again this time.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Capcom Cup will be one day, 2/3 till top 32. Top 16 and onward is 3/5

I was hoping the whole thing would be 3/5 and then do GF FT7 like at CPTA finals

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Nodoze posted:

You should all go watch the archive from WNF and see Nuckledu body brent free as poo poo while putting the shades on and off like 50 times

Brent got all salty like a bitch about it on twitter too. Jwong of course had to chime in about how "taunting" will make you disliked by tourney players... says the dude who plays the lamest loving Elena. Both of them got triggered hard lmao. Du owns.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

teagone posted:

Brent got all salty like a bitch about it on twitter too. Jwong of course had to chime in about how "taunting" will make you disliked by tourney players... says the dude who plays the lamest loving Elena. Both of them got triggered hard lmao. Du owns.

What does Jwazzler playing lame have to do with taunting

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

What does Jwazzler playing lame have to do with taunting

Elena being disliked by tourney players.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

teagone posted:

Elena being disliked by tourney players.

Playing Elena when you're good at Elena contributes directly to winning

Taunting doesn't

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Taunting doesn't

Totally does when it puts them on tilt, meta-taunt.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

Taunting doesn't

Du won though.

[edit] The whole point I was making is that Justin was giving Du poo poo for taunting and said that doing so will cause tourney players to dislike him. Du probably doesn't give a single gently caress what Jwong or anyone else thinks since he's winning, but that statement from Jwong seems a bit hypocritical considering he's shifted to playing Elena for the sake of winning, a character that everyone pretty much thinks is cheap/broken/etc. I like Elena players, but even I think Justin's Elena is a crime against humanity to watch.

teagone fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 19, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Justin was trying to leave the Rufus train for a while, he just landed on the actual character that fits his playstyle.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Dias posted:

Justin was trying to leave the Rufus train for a while, he just landed on the actual character that fits his playstyle.

I wanted him to stick it out with Rose tbh. He kept crawling back to Rufus though. To me, it seemed his switch to Elena was reactionary to what unfolded at EVO.

[edit] Found the oddshot on twitter of Du putting on the shades and taking them off (since Twitch vods are poo poo to sort thru). Lmao. http://oddshot.tv/shot/leveluplive-201511199922596

teagone fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 19, 2015

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Taunting mid-match is dumb but 1) Guile is basically the best reason to do it besides playing Dan, and 2) If you don't like it, punish the taunt. Du also has a history of doing it, so it's not that unexpected.

teagone posted:

Both of them got triggered hard lmao. Du owns.

Not for nothing, but it upsets triggers??? me that it's become common for people in the FGC use a term for people with PTSD/a history of abuse having a mental breakdown, as opposed to, like, 'pissed off.' :( That's not directed at you specifically, for what it's worth.

EDIT: Also, yes, Du owns.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Compilation of Du shades at eSports Arena.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lX7vmanmqY

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

bhsman posted:

2) If you don't like it, punish the taunt.

To me this is the best response. If Nuckledu has enough time to be doing the shades thing this often, then Brent has bigger issues than being disrespected.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
a great way to treat ptsd is by playing tetris and i dont see why that wouldnt apply to street fighter as well

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

FanaticalMilk posted:

To me this is the best response. If Nuckledu has enough time to be doing the shades thing this often, then Brent has bigger issues than being disrespected.

wat

Are you literally saying that it's this other guy's fault for not being as good as one of the best players in the world, and therefore it's right and good that said player chooses to be a giant tool all over this guy he's vastly better than, instead of just ending the match quickly

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
"Massive Tool" is kind of a stretch there bub. Taunts are part of the game for a reason.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

teagone posted:

Compilation of Du shades at eSports Arena.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lX7vmanmqY

Yeah check out at 3:05 for the best one

Thank you for pointing the out, I had already gone to sleep.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Man taunts: royal family disgusted

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

Jmcrofts posted:

"Massive Tool" is kind of a stretch there bub. Taunts are part of the game for a reason.

That loving eSports jacket he wears everywhere qualifies even if the taunts don't.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
NuckleDu taunting is cool and good because it exposes all the assholes who can't handle "BM" in a competitive game lmao

"taunting is disrespectful and makes tourney players dislike you" says the guy who is known to potsplit and collude

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Woozy posted:

That loving eSports jacket he wears everywhere qualifies even if the taunts don't.

Gotta rep the sponsor to get that eSports monayyy. That said, Brent has come off as a whiney elitist on twitter before, so maybe Du was just teaching him a lesson in humility. Or maybe there's some other underlying beef. Either way, poo poo was funny and awesome.

[edit] I mean, if I were as good as Du, I'd probably be taunting the poo poo out of other players I know I'm better than too.

teagone fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 19, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Jmcrofts posted:

Taunts were implemented so that one day, Q would be able to taunt three times as part of his gameplan

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

AnonSpore posted:

wat

Are you literally saying that it's this other guy's fault for not being as good as one of the best players in the world, and therefore it's right and good that said player chooses to be a giant tool all over this guy he's vastly better than, instead of just ending the match quickly

you sound like a big bitch

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

HoneyBoy posted:

NuckleDu taunting is cool and good because it exposes all the assholes who can't handle "BM" in a competitive game lmao

"taunting is disrespectful and makes tourney players dislike you" says the guy who is known to potsplit and collude

Honestly NuckleDu is better off distancing himself from the established well-known "tourney players", who are all chronically broke and unmarketable.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Du did some interview before where they asked him how he feels he fits in the FGC

He said he doesn't really have friends in the FGC and that it's not a big deal to him, he goes to majors, plays, talks to people if they approach him, then just hangs out and rests. He said something about not liking the way the community acts; he's going to school too I think so he's more invested in that than maintaining any e-celeb FGC status.

Check out his stream maybe, he's streamed with Tampa Bison before, they're cool.

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006
Guys come on its an incredibly safe taunt compared to the rest of the cast and half the time he's doing it from full screen against like a Rufus while buffering sonic boom.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Jmcrofts posted:

Honestly NuckleDu is better off distancing himself from the established well-known "tourney players", who are all chronically broke and unmarketable.

:agreed:

Recall the Justin n friends circle and who it consists of

FChamp
Noel Brown
Marn
etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jmcrofts posted:

being chronically broke and unmarketable is sick as hell though