Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
hahaha, Alex owns

gently caress Ken Jennings, Alex for next host

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

That fj answer actually made me laugh out loud. I forgot how good that guy is though.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

wa27 posted:

Alex had a funny FJ joke answer today. I love all his weird behavior even if he's always transparently trying to stall.

Man, you weren't kidding. Since Aleve is the ones who pay the sponsorship for the runner up prizes and all, makes sense. My cousins got me an ice cream cake decorated with the words Aleve when my episode aired last year. He stalled a bit during Double Jeopardy, but didn't need to, he had so much of a lead already. Vaughn and Brendan tried to battle back, but couldn't.

For Final, I got Zambia, but I kept trying to rhyme it in my head with Namibia, even though that isn't 6 letters. The Gambia is in a totally different part of Africa, and my mind didn't catch it until time was up already. My mind flicked over Rwanda and Uganda, but that didn't quite rhyme in my mind...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 19, 2015

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

That FJ answer owned and holy hell Alex is good

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

zenguitarman posted:

That fj answer actually made me laugh out loud. I forgot how good that guy is though.

He'd better get a loving lifetime supply.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Me during this entire game: :stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

Alex is amazing, cannot wait to see him vs Matt (presumably)

And yeah I cracked up at the FJ response.

zakharov fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 18, 2015

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Alex, you're my loving hero. I love you. That is the happiest an episode of Jeopardy! has ever made me.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

mennoknight posted:

Alex, you're my loving hero. I love you. That is the happiest an episode of Jeopardy! has ever made me.

haha wouldn't you have rather lost to the champ?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

The FJ cracked me and my brother up. I'm glad I started DVR'ing the episodes ever since ToC started.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

zakharov posted:

haha wouldn't you have rather lost to the champ?

no. It was SO satisfying to watch him feel exactly what I felt facing him. He knew as much, but couldn't ring in. I loved it.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Is there video of this bit? Sounds enjoyable

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

toe knee hand posted:

Like I'm not a trivia whiz or anything but there were some gimmes that everyone missed on in this last ep... bootcut and sphynx for two, and I think there was a third that's not coming to mind right now.

The opera category was the standout for me. All of the clues could have been answered by knowing a one-sentence summary of the top ten operas. I'm not sure how they had so much trouble with it.

in_cahoots fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 18, 2015

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mennoknight posted:

no. It was SO satisfying to watch him feel exactly what I felt facing him. He knew as much, but couldn't ring in. I loved it.

I missed your episode. :( Did you lose to the guy in the middle or far right?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Xtanstic posted:

I missed your episode. :( Did you lose to the guy in the middle or far right?
Guy in the middle.

I totally burst out laughing at the FJ answer. Well done, Alex.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

So what was his answer? I saw the question, tossed out "GAMBIA AND ZAMBIA!!" because I'm a geography nerd, and rushed out the door to class. I missed the responses because it was already a runaway.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Aliquid posted:

So what was his answer? I saw the question, tossed out "GAMBIA AND ZAMBIA!!" because I'm a geography nerd, and rushed out the door to class. I missed the responses because it was already a runaway.

"What is ALEVE?"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh poo poo

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Mister Kingdom posted:

He'd better get a loving lifetime supply.

As I said before, Aleve is the sponsor that pays the consolation prizes, so he should've gotten $1000 or $2000 from them already, depending on how he did on the game he lost. Depending on how well he does in the finals, he's either gonna win it all or get another big check from them (I forget if Aleve pays the tournament consolation prizes as well) or Sony.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I never get geography questions and I whiffed basically all game but I got the FJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j_G6lvZ8GI

mennoknight posted:

I love him so much. I really want him to win. Buzzer game so strong.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Alex owns, you dudes who were hating on him need to take some Aleve.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

On today's episode did they accept the answer "Portal" when the correct answer was Portal 2? The question specifically said "this valve game sequel".

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Even though I felt awkward for him and his enthusiasm with the last Daily Double, I enjoyed Matt winning today.

I knew the final, but I sorted of cheated, since I named my son after Yuriy Gagarin.

E: Now, do I keep rooting for Matt, or do I go for the local New Hampshirite who has no real chance against him or Alex?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Matt is so awkward but I respect his game.

The buzzer battle between him and Alex will be fascinating

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
anyone who isn't rooting for Alex is a villain of the highest order

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

wa27 posted:

On today's episode did they accept the answer "Portal" when the correct answer was Portal 2? The question specifically said "this valve game sequel".

I noticed this as well and figured they'd come back to take her money away later but it never happened (not that it mattered in the end).

Matt's definitely the best player Jeopardy has had in a while and probably should win it all but god drat he's so obnoxious I just can't help but hope he fails.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
Nope, they said "in this Valve game's sequel."

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Yoooooo gently caress Matt

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Yoooooo gently caress Matt

Matt's the best.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Matt annoyed me today therefore I will be rooting for Alex. :colbert:

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

My ToC dream matchup for this cycle, just like the last one :allears:

Missed the first half of the game, but Matt really turned it on for Double Jeopardy. Clear overreaction for him hitting the Daily Double there, but I just can't be mad at the dude. Knew Final right off the bat as well.

Still gonna root for Alex though. People who hate both are likely pinning their hopes on Kerry, but unfortunately I dunno if she has much of a chance against these two...

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
They all missed Carmen Sandiego? WTF.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm definitely Team Alex.

Though I won't be sad if Matt loses, I don't mind the guy at all, I just think Alex is awesome.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I believe in the insane chillness of Kerry

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

I was getting a little worried for Matt at the end of the first round, but that Double Jeopardy board had his name written all over it. Dude loves some show tunes.

Also, if you're not following his Facebook page, you're missing out on great stuff like this: https://www.facebook.com/MattJacksonJeopardy/posts/757443084362342

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Spraynard Kruger posted:

Also, if you're not following his Facebook page, you're missing out on great stuff like this: https://www.facebook.com/MattJacksonJeopardy/posts/757443084362342

This is amazing. I just followed Matt today after I got tired of all the haters on the Jeopardy Facebook page and was linked to it by a former contestant (or maybe it was Vaughn Winchell or one of the people who lost to him today) who say he's a really awesome guy when he's not destroying you on stage, and I look forward to reading more of his stuff, which if it is as good as the thing just linked, promises to be great reading in my Feed.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Spraynard Kruger posted:

owns

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Matt is cool. Alex is cool. Kerry is fine, I guess. I really just hope that we get one more Alex daily double where he risks it all, stares blankly at the floor for 10 seconds, shakes his head disapprovingly and then says the right answer when forced to speak by Trebek.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

toe knee hand posted:

They all missed Carmen Sandiego? WTF.

I missed it too, I didn't think San Diego was 8th in population. I guess that's due to military.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

Is there video of this bit? Sounds enjoyable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB74sIE51mk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Holy poo poo, Alex's daily doubles today. I haven't heard the audience gasp like that since Roger Craig.