Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Flaggy posted:

Where did you get the boots?

madmaxcosplay.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

Flaggy posted:

Google reverse image search to the rescue:
http://www.amazon.com/FLY-London-Womens-Stif-Ankle/dp/B004XYJL2W

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Bought some boots, not the ones I wanted (as posted earlier itt) but they'll do.

And also Amazon bastard prime since they moved the hyperlink to where it would normally say "free super saver delivery". Cunts.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Flaggy posted:

The anime shop.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Flaggy posted:

Last pair on Amazon, they are an end of line thing from Fly London.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
There's a tie with this pattern that I've been trying to track down for a while. Turns out it's great on a shirt, too.

Edit: shop page

Toast Museum has a new favorite as of 17:31 on Nov 18, 2015

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

link, motherfucker

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

As a cameraman I would like to ban all clothing with thin detailed patterns at risk of causing any moiré video effects.

I bought a used Asus laptop for $250 because I needed a backup now that we do all large screen projections via hdmi. I'm upgrading it to Windows 10 now just because I don't like it but feel I should have one computer with it just so I'm familiar.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

kloa posted:

link, motherfucker

poo poo, thought I had it in there. Here you go. I'll edit it into the original post.

davebo posted:

As a cameraman I would like to ban all clothing with thin detailed patterns at risk of causing any moiré video effects.

Out of curiosity, do higher-resolution recordings and displays cut down on this problem at all?

Toast Museum has a new favorite as of 17:33 on Nov 18, 2015

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Toast Museum posted:

There's a tie with this pattern that I've been trying to track down for a while. Turns out it's great on a shirt, too.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Toast Museum posted:

Edit: shop page

Not sure if I absolutely love this or hate this. Not a bad price, regardless.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

App13 posted:

Not sure if I absolutely love this or hate this. Not a bad price, regardless.

I might wear it under a dark jacket but never just alone.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Toast Museum posted:

Out of curiosity, do higher-resolution recordings and displays cut down on this problem at all?
Not a camera man, but I suspect it makes it worse? Just look at the Australian teams shoulder from the world cup. Moire all the time.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My new jacket arrived and it's like two sizes too big. I don't trust size charts anymore. :(

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
You could always get fatter/more swole.

One of those is much easier.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

My new jacket arrived and it's like two sizes too big. I don't trust size charts anymore. :(

Did it come with a liner that your removed?

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Toast Museum posted:

Makes it worse, in my experience.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Toast Museum posted:

poo poo, thought I had it in there. Here you go. I'll edit it into the original post.

Well back in the 4:3 days you'd get it all the time with good quality cameras and monitors, but the thing about those days is there was so much color bleeding and signal degrading that it would end up smoothing all images so you actually wouldn't see it very often, especially on stuff as garbage as VHS tapes or anything that used a composite signal. Now that everyone has HD cameras with HD monitors and most signals are digital it certainly feels like you see it more, but the patterns that cause it seem to be a lot finer than they used to have to be at 640x480. Despite being 4k capable now, we've yet to have any call to shoot or edit in 4k yet so I can't speak to that being better or worse.

It's a lovely shirt though, I just wouldn't wear it for your first TV interview.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

PCOS Bill posted:

Remove two Xs from the size and you'll be fine.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

Did it come with a liner that your removed?

Liner in it feels huge, it's going to be massive without it in. Of course the size I want to return it for is on backorder...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I got some packages in today, and made some other purchases.

Amazon lightning deal for $53.

They snuck this in the box with the above, and gave me a $5 refund. $23.

Got this with the slipcase from the Kickstarter campaign. $65.
(Book is loving huge!)

Ordered today:

Amazon had a deal for a few XBOne deals with a free game, so I picked this one. $425.

And 13 comic books as today's the day they come out. $52.

So I'm just waiting for my credit card company to call me up and call me irresponsible.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

IUG posted:

So I'm just waiting for my credit card company to call me up and call me irresponsible.

You bought all the toys and dumb poo poo in this post on credit? You're irresponsible, yeah.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Can you tell me how to get Amazon (and Kickstarter) to accept cash?

vv This, but with Amazon points towards Amazon purchases!

IUG has a new favorite as of 01:19 on Nov 19, 2015

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

PCOS Bill posted:

You bought all the toys and dumb poo poo in this post on credit? You're irresponsible, yeah.

You know it's possible to pay it off every month, right? I love my free miles.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

IUG posted:

vv This, but with Amazon points towards Amazon purchases!

You fool! You take the cash back option, not the Amazon points! Then you get 3% off AGAIN when you buy off Amazon!

Speaking of that, I ordered a big tub of ovepriced protein powder on Amazon because I'm out. Hopefully buying 5 pounds of a flavor I've never tried (Cookies and Cream) doesn't turn out terrible.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Cook some hashbrowns in that waffle iron

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Make brownies in it.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hahaha, what the gently caress

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

Liner in it feels huge, it's going to be massive without it in. Of course the size I want to return it for is on backorder...

and so goes the woes of a motorcyclist.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

I bought a print of this image from the artist to put on my desk at work

colas
Feb 14, 2007

The strategic facial hair makes him look thin.

I bought a lap book about Spartans. So many spears, that poo poo's crazy.

colas has a new favorite as of 03:57 on Nov 19, 2015

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

SgtScruffy posted:

You fool! You take the cash back option, not the Amazon points! Then you get 3% off AGAIN when you buy off Amazon!

Speaking of that, I ordered a big tub of ovepriced protein powder on Amazon because I'm out. Hopefully buying 5 pounds of a flavor I've never tried (Cookies and Cream) doesn't turn out terrible.

I tend to like cookies and cream flavored stuff and I think it's pretty good. It's about as artificial tasting as any of the other flavors.

I actually think that's cool that they got a model like that, considering it's probably not uncommon for the target market. I mean, I'm not like that, and you can tell I'm being honest because I said something about protein powder above.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They should sell it as a blanket or tent tarp. It's a lot of material for $20.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

This is one of my all time favorite books. I saw Egan read it the night before she won the Pulitzer Prize.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

SgtScruffy posted:

I quite like the strawberry, with milk it's just like a strawberry shake

Haven't bothered to try any other flavors yet, need a report on that one

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Fat people need shirts, too.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

neongrey posted:

Fat people need shirts, too.

MooMoos or bust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Hey a shirt that fits. Link please.