Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Kild posted:

Wasn't Goku suppose to be the strongest guy that ever fought Beerus?

Nah, Whis said that Beerus hadn't had that much fun in 900 years or something.

Whis was supposed to be the strongest, but this guy may be more powerful than him.

I like how the Mr. is redundant in the Satan/Buu fusion idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Darko posted:

Nah, Whis said that Beerus hadn't had that much fun in 900 years or something.

Whis was supposed to be the strongest, but this guy may be more powerful than him.

I like how the Mr. is redundant in the Satan/Buu fusion idea.

Mr Mr

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dragon ball for the win

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I just want the last guy to be too strong and require the deployment of SSGSS Vegito. That's what I want from super. A newer stronger earring man.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I just want a random unexplained Freeza styled training where they somehow convince Buu to train and he is as strong as everyone else.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Buu trains for a whole two hours and then is on Golden Frieza's level.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I want the last guy to be Beerus wearing a pair of sunglasses and in a black and white martial arts outfit

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Darko posted:

I just want a random unexplained Freeza styled training where they somehow convince Buu to train and he is as strong as everyone else.

buu probably could get pretty ripped if he worked out. He's got wide shoulders like a quarterback.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

I want the last guy to be Beerus wearing a pair of sunglasses and in a black and white martial arts outfit

Don't forget the wig

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It'll be Tien.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

That would honestly be so Toriyama and great.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I am...Beebus. Yes, Beebus.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I wish it was Frieza, but it's going to be someone entirely new probably

But in an ideal world, it would be Pikkon

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
It'll be Arale or Neko Majin Z.

Obviously. Look it has to be SOME kind of super-powerful cat person.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The manifestation of Beerus' Depression. His strongest opponent..

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I want Hercule to teach Buu how to actually fight and use his signature techniques

Dynamite Kick saves the universe

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
How involved is Toriyama with writing Super anyway?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

HD DAD posted:

I am...Beebus. Yes, Beebus.

And then at the end of the tournament Beerus shows up and congratulates Beebus on his fine work, confusing everyone who was so sure it was Beerus.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

How involved is Toriyama with writing Super anyway?

As far as I can tell Super has no series composition credit (head writer) so the main writer credit is his. This is in contrast to say DBZ which had Koyama credited for series comp (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=93).

Also I can't even think of a writer who actually works at Toei these days, nearly everyone who writes anime episodes is freelance and works at multiple studios at a time.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=15012

This guy wrote the script for Super 1, 5, 15-18 for example.

..amusingly enough, the son of DBZ's Koyama has written 3 episodes for Super (4, 10, 19).

aers fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Nov 19, 2015

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Somebody took Battle of Gods and put the Bruce Falconer music on it. Some parts are really on point!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Zmo4ZhIs4

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
I want Mr.Buu to be pushed so hard he instinctively ends up absorbing someone and is disqualified.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's kind of funny how Piccolo is by far the weak link in the team. Hopefully he ends up fighting dudes around his level so he doesn't just get chumped out.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It's kind of sad that the rest of the universes' food is apparently so utterly poo poo that Champa and Beerus think cup noodles are something worth getting excited about.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If they'd given them Pot Noodles they'd have destroyed earth without blinking.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Agoat posted:

Somebody took Battle of Gods and put the Bruce Falconer music on it. Some parts are really on point!

Haha, Rock the Dragon comes in when Goku goes Super Saiyan at the end of the Beerus fight. This is a work of art

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Pureauthor posted:

It's kind of sad that the rest of the universes' food is apparently so utterly poo poo that Champa and Beerus think cup noodles are something worth getting excited about.
Dr. Briefs probably invented MSG

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Haha, Rock the Dragon comes in when Goku goes Super Saiyan at the end of the Beerus fight. This is a work of art

it should have been the actual faulconer theme for that.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

It's kind of funny how Piccolo is by far the weak link in the team. Hopefully he ends up fighting dudes around his level so he doesn't just get chumped out.

He's like discount Buu. Both get stronger when the eat people except Piccolo can only eat Namekians. Both can regenerate but Piccolo takes an age to do so. Both can fight except Buu is much stronger.

Who knows, maybe Piccolo learned the Kaio Ken and we'll see that back being relevant as well.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Super Namekian God.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Wasn't Super Namek a thing in Lord Slug? Or rather, Thooper Namek according to King Kai.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm excited for the moment Buu turns into Super Buu as like a form and this becomes the way he's able to keep up now.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Piccolo's strength is being the smartest guy on the team. He'll win fights he's seriously outmatched in by using clever tricks and developing new techniques. He's the Batman.

I mean, technically Bulma's the Batman, but she doesn't fight so the role falls to Piccolo.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Hjalmar posted:

Piccolo's strength is being the smartest guy on the team. He'll win fights he's seriously outmatched in by using clever tricks and developing new techniques. He's the Batman.

I mean, technically Bulma's the Batman, but she doesn't fight so the role falls to Piccolo.

It's this. We joke about Toriyama forgetting piccolo can do things, but it's because he makes up techniques on the fly that are uniquely suited to specific situations.

Need to hit a guy with a ki blast whose defenses are too strong for normal ones? Ki drill.

Need to a hit a guy whose too fast and overconfident? Beamspam and surround him.

He's the opposite of goku, who uses punches and kamehameha and then punches harder

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

visceril posted:

It's this. We joke about Toriyama forgetting piccolo can do things, but it's because he makes up techniques on the fly that are uniquely suited to specific situations.

Need to hit a guy with a ki blast whose defenses are too strong for normal ones? Ki drill.

Need to a hit a guy whose too fast and overconfident? Beamspam and surround him.

He's the opposite of goku, who uses punches and kamehameha and then punches harder

On the other hand, the only person Piccolo ever managed to decisively beat was Goku and that was because he let him. Hellzone Grenande didn't work, his fusions were each made redundant after a few episodes, whereas Kamehameha has the highest kill-count of anything in the series.

Being smart sucks in Dragonball

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

A Steampunk Gent posted:

On the other hand, the only person Piccolo ever managed to decisively beat was Goku and that was because he let him. Hellzone Grenande didn't work, his fusions were each made redundant after a few episodes, whereas Kamehameha has the highest kill-count of anything in the series.

Being smart sucks in Dragonball

Are all those attack names official? Did someone actually sit down and think up names for each and every attack someone has ever done? :psyduck:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

visceril posted:

The guy jump started a heart in the last movie. Piccolo can do anything with ki

Squallege fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Nov 19, 2015

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Darth TNT posted:

Are all those attack names official? Did someone actually sit down and think up names for each and every attack someone has ever done? :psyduck:

Yes. Bit by bit in the Dragonball Official Supplement books.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

If you go on the Dragonball wiki every attack anyone ever used no matter minoror incidental was it's own name and in-depth description, it's nuts. Hellzone Grenade was a really distinct and clever finisher though, so it earnt the right to have a proper official name

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I imagine a lot of techniques got their names from or because of the video games. Sometimes multiple names, like how at some point they changed the Human Extinction Attack to the Genocide Blaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Agoat posted:

this is the first time i've actually watched battle of gods in full and man this movie is so good

• Locked thread