Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Maybe in a few weeks I will post here for rep goons looking to do ops. I'm playing with some (mostly non goon) friends and once the rest are caught up to 65 and gear and poo poo we'll probably do some ops. I don't know when though since we also all raid WoW Tuesday and Wednesday. Would anyone be interested? Can't guarantee anything but it's something we're aiming for, probably weekends?

Edit: Jedi Covenant, fwiw.

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Westy543 posted:

Maybe in a few weeks I will post here for rep goons looking to do ops. I'm playing with some (mostly non goon) friends and once the rest are caught up to 65 and gear and poo poo we'll probably do some ops. I don't know when though since we also all raid WoW Tuesday and Wednesday. Would anyone be interested? Can't guarantee anything but it's something we're aiming for, probably weekends?

Remember, you only need to be 50 for raids, bolster will boost your gear to 65. So it's actually to your benefit to run raids at 50 for both XP and gear.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Well that was an interesting time for the power to go out. This is Kaiek for the record. Twiddling my thumbs til power is available again.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nice run tonight of ToS. Nothing like getting 14k conquest points in one run.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhouse posted:

I really enjoy how many opportunities there are for the bounty hunter to tell someone begging for mercy "What? No I'm not going to kill you I'm not a psychopath"

The Sith versions are even better because people basically have no idea how to respond when you don't feed them their spleens for inconveniencing you

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
On right now and nobody on in Goon Squad. Most of you must play Imperials?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Robo Reagan posted:

The Sith versions are even better because people basically have no idea how to respond when you don't feed them their spleens for inconveniencing you

One of my favorites is the Axial Park Corellian Story Arc finale. A dying Jedi Master begs you to not massacre the wounded in the sick bay. Light Side Sith Warrior is just like, "I came here to win Axial Park not torment the infirm. :rolleyes:"

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

Yep

GeauxSteve
Feb 26, 2004
Nubzilla

Dubious posted:

I'm on.

Quick question, does the game have dual specs? I'm a Vanguard tank and enjoyed doing that in vanilla for ops and flashpoints. Its kind of boring though as I'm running through all the story stuff. Is there a way I can have a tank setup and a dps spec setup?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GeauxSteve posted:

I'm on.

Quick question, does the game have dual specs? I'm a Vanguard tank and enjoyed doing that in vanilla for ops and flashpoints. Its kind of boring though as I'm running through all the story stuff. Is there a way I can have a tank setup and a dps spec setup?

Yeah, you can't change the specialization or whatever it is you pick at level 10, but you can change specs at the Imperial Fleet. In the combat area go to the NE most section and there will be a dude you can talk to. Ignore the actual in game text on how to respec because it's flat out wrong and tells you to visit a trainer. I learned this after spending two hours visiting every trainer I could to no avail.

At level 5 legacy you can unlock field respec which makes it not a pain in the rear end so have fun going back and forth between the fleet until then~

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I got the game at launch and haven't played since, but would like to get back into this with a new character. Should I wait on subscribing until I reach expansion content?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Subscribing has a bunch of quality of life features, and you can level up to the expansion content in about a week or two of regular non-binge playing. Use someone's referral code to get some free subscription time, I hear that's the cool thing to do! (I would post mine but apparently referrals are disabled temporarily)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I love that the Sith Warrior gets to skip Pierce's PVP grind. You basically waltz into the office, go "Pack your poo poo we're leaving" and it's done.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Apparently I have a bunch of Cartel Coins now. What should I get with them first?

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
I've basically bought this dumb game twice now. First time when it came out using an email address I don't have anymore and subbed again now. And after taking my money the support buttdroid can't fix my bugged story quest so my dude is stuck unable to progress. :toot:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there anything special with crafting/gathering besides make the highest level poo poo you can? Should I train the gathering skills first so I can do bountiful yields then do crafting? Asking this with two companions. Do I reverse engineer everything I make?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Unlucky7 posted:

Apparently I have a bunch of Cartel Coins now. What should I get with them first?
The beginner travel pack which includes rocket boots and some other neat convenience stuff.

Also new characters should make one of their first ports of call the mission terminals on the Fleets because they give you quests to complete a Warzone (you don't even need to win it, just play to completion) and complete a Flashpoint, both of which give you 100,000 exp which is like four levels right there.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Kurieg posted:

I love that the Sith Warrior gets to skip Pierce's PVP grind. You basically waltz into the office, go "Pack your poo poo we're leaving" and it's done.

Even better that he's just so drat happy to see you and is like, "OH THANK GOD YOU'RE BACK LET'S GET THE gently caress OUT OF HERE."

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I've realised one thing I'm not enjoying about my Powertech (continuing to play on my own, I really need to get myself a TNG invite, but I keep forgetting.) - They're really bland in terms of looks. You don't really get to see your colour crystals, because not many of your attacks use them, and all the armour I've had up until L26 has looked exactly the same.

I'm pretty much playing it like a single player Bioware RPG though, so I've not been on the Fleet to look at what people have.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

I'm guessing the prelude to Revan stuff came out a while in advance of the main Revan story because good lord 4 flashpoints is a rough way to enter the new stuff. Chewing through bosses isn't the most fun that can be had in this game. That said the visible shift in design and story is pretty cool. On space Tortuga now and it's quite amusing as a SW.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Shockeh posted:

I've realised one thing I'm not enjoying about my Powertech (continuing to play on my own, I really need to get myself a TNG invite, but I keep forgetting.) - They're really bland in terms of looks. You don't really get to see your colour crystals, because not many of your attacks use them, and all the armour I've had up until L26 has looked exactly the same.

I'm pretty much playing it like a single player Bioware RPG though, so I've not been on the Fleet to look at what people have.

That's why I play merc instead of powertech. Lots of blaster use.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Blockhouse posted:

That's why I play merc instead of powertech. Lots of blaster use.

Oh, I totally would of (dual Blasters, fo sho!) but I wanted to make sure I had a Tank - Sith Warrior doesn't interest me, and I tried Inquisitor the last time I played until 30.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So I just decided to come back. I left after Makeb, so I never touched the Revan stuff, though I do own it.

I uh, only have a purple glowing mission for Ilum, which I assume starts Knights. Did it just remove Revan entirely from my game or something? Or is it in the Fleet?

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Shockeh posted:

Oh, I totally would of (dual Blasters, fo sho!) but I wanted to make sure I had a Tank - Sith Warrior doesn't interest me, and I tried Inquisitor the last time I played until 30.

I don't know when you played last, but the Inquisitor has been redesigned a bit. Not so much the mechanics, but when you get different skills has been completely reorganized from launch. It's a bit more fluid now and a lot easier to level. An Assassin tank was the first class I leveled at launch and once I got him to 50 I stopped playing him because I wasn't enjoying it. I recently rolled the Jedi version and I find the leveling much easier and I'm actually enjoying the class a lot these days.

Rookersh posted:

So I just decided to come back. I left after Makeb, so I never touched the Revan stuff, though I do own it.

I uh, only have a purple glowing mission for Ilum, which I assume starts Knights. Did it just remove Revan entirely from my game or something? Or is it in the Fleet?

The purple glowing mission for Ilum is the epilogue of the original game. You start SoR from a console in your ship.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rookersh posted:

Actually, Ilum is the first thing you get after finishing your class story quests. It's pre-Makeb in the official timeline, originally level-50 endgame content.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rookersh posted:

Are you a sub? You need to subscribe to access Shadow of Revan and KOTFE. The quests for both begin on your ship.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Medullah posted:

Are you a sub? You need to subscribe to access Shadow of Revan and KOTFE. The quests for both begin on your ship.

No, but I bought Revan back during the last 12x exp. It's how I used it.

I'm technically not subbed, so I shouldn't be getting KOTFE, that makes sense.

However I did all the Ilum stuff back when I originally hit 60, I just didn't get to do the FP with Malgus because there were no groups at the time. I doubt this is that.

TIME TO FIGURE OUT WHERE THIS MYSTERY TRANSPONDER SENDS ME.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rookersh posted:

However I did all the Ilum stuff back when I originally hit 60, I just didn't get to do the FP with Malgus because there were no groups at the time. I doubt this is that.

Yeah you should see a purple triangle on your ship at 55 (possibly still 53, haven't verified since 4.0) that begins the Shadow of Revan Prelude missions then.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rookersh posted:

I did the flashpoint for the first time the other day. It was pretty cool, although it's kind of humiliating when you're trying to be a tank, and solobot is tanking, healing, and DPSing everything by itself.

Also, you may get to do the quests again -- I've been taking my main to the old planets to do heroics I never originally did, and it seems like all non-class, non-planet-questline missions were somehow marked "not done" during the years I wasn't subscribed. It's actually pretty fun to do them. :)

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

prefect posted:

I did the flashpoint for the first time the other day. It was pretty cool, although it's kind of humiliating when you're trying to be a tank, and solobot is tanking, healing, and DPSing everything by itself.

Also, you may get to do the quests again -- I've been taking my main to the old planets to do heroics I never originally did, and it seems like all non-class, non-planet-questline missions were somehow marked "not done" during the years I wasn't subscribed. It's actually pretty fun to do them. :)

Yeah this was it. It reset my Ilum chain and put it back on the ship.

So all the flashpoints in the game are now soloable? Same with all the heroics?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rookersh posted:

The heroics are awesome now; they all get listed for you at mission boxes, and they all come with automatic transport to the mission area, and the companions are tough enough that you can actually do them. I've done Tython and Coruscant; tonight will be Taris, I think. :allears:

I don't know flashpoints well enough to say if all of them are soloable now. Lots of them are, but I don't know about "all".

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rookersh posted:

Yeah this was it. It reset my Ilum chain and put it back on the ship.

Many of the flashpoints have solo Modes for people who want to see the story without people like me getting angry that you're not skipping the cut scenes.

Most Heroics should be soloable with a companion, however they may take a lot longer and require you to actually use your moves and CC mobs, etc. It's much quicker if you do them with a partner, not to mention rewards are much better and XP is better. This is a multiplayer game and its easier when you do things intended to be done with others with others. :)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Most Heroics should be soloable with a companion, however they may take a lot longer and require you to actually use your moves and CC mobs, etc. It's much quicker if you do them with a partner, not to mention rewards are much better and XP is better. This is a multiplayer game and its easier when you do things intended to be done with others with others. :)

If I weren't cripplingly bashful, I'd be going outside and doing things with other people instead of hiding from virtual people in my computer. :rant:

:P

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

prefect posted:

If I weren't cripplingly bashful, I'd be going outside and doing things with other people instead of hiding from virtual people in my computer. :rant:

:P

MMO's always remind of a middle school dance...people standing around the dance floor with everyone afraid to dance. If you do work up the courage to ask (or even better get asked) you go home talking about how awesome it was, if not it was the worst dance ever.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.

Dubious posted:

If you can't find anyone on to throw you an invite to Good Squad, have an Imperial character of yours ask people in TNG. Someone is likely to have an alt Republic side in GS that can invite you.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

I can invite to Goon Squad. Just finishing up a few quests on my Sith Warrior, and then I'll be on Republic most off the morning.

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

Westy543 posted:

I'd be down for some pub raids. IRL friends have forced me to migrate for now so we're over there on JC. I'm maining Scoundrel heals and Shadow and they are guardian tank/commando healer/sage dps

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Tirranek posted:

I'm guessing the prelude to Revan stuff came out a while in advance of the main Revan story because good lord 4 flashpoints is a rough way to enter the new stuff. Chewing through bosses isn't the most fun that can be had in this game. That said the visible shift in design and story is pretty cool. On space Tortuga now and it's quite amusing as a SW.

It did, and it was released over several months, which was pretty cool.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Tirranek posted:

I'm guessing the prelude to Revan stuff came out a while in advance of the main Revan story because good lord 4 flashpoints is a rough way to enter the new stuff.

Yeah, the release of Forged Alliances was originally spaced out over 6 months, and the pacing was much better for it. I played through on a couple of characters recently and had the same experience you did. Playing back to back boss gauntlets is not a whole lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Logging over to Republic side now. If anyone needs an invite, just whisper Bunkk.

• Locked thread