Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

jBrereton posted:

Yes, it's somewhat abysmal but very compelling.

e: also much like Dom 4 the Mictlan stand-in has criminally underrated troops which are 'worse' by being cheaper and more flexible? Come on boys.

Do they have Jaguar warriors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
They do, but Bless effects are completely different and I've honestly not got far enough into a game to see what can unlock.

They also get offers if they have enough Temple type provinces for Mictlan's other sacred human units.

At least at the start, your main leader can begin without the ability to improve your national bless, so you have to scrape together sacrifices to unlock the ability to do that, and then get more sacrifices to actually boost it up.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Priest of Rain can summon a Tlaloque or King of Rain+Toad Warriors for only 125 slaves.
That's not mentioning the fact that tribal kings can create an infinite amount of slave chaff.
You don't really need to recruit troops, just steam roll everything with your summons.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Decrepus posted:

Who all has bought Trillwinter's latest and most ambitious title CONQUEST OF ELYSIUM 4? I think we should get a multiplayer game up and going and LP it and all become legends in our own right in the Something Awful goons community.

This is a terrible idea, I'm down. I'll be some form of dwarf or something I dunno.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

James Allen's video of CoE4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nCNOzuS8wA
Toshken video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW0ffM-nuH4

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

jBrereton posted:

Yes, it's somewhat abysmal but very compelling.

e: also much like Dom 4 the Mictlan stand-in has criminally underrated troops which are 'worse' by being cheaper and more flexible? Come on boys.

double edit: I just started a game as the Hoburgs and by turn 2 one of the 4 AIs I was against died. :thatscoe:

Hobbit Vampire is hilarious. Illusionist seems interesting but I can't really get my head around it.

Edit: also, the 125-sacrifice spell for any High Priest... priest... will sometimes trigger a bless improvement. Pierce resistance is probably the funniest I've seen.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 18, 2015

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

These are the games we play.

Decrepus posted:

Who all has bought Trillwinter's latest and most ambitious title CONQUEST OF ELYSIUM 4? I think we should get a multiplayer game up and going and LP it and all become legends in our own right in the Something Awful goons community.

We will have to all get together and slam out the first bunch of turns where you don't do anything. But just take screenshots and poo poo and each post our perspective like good LPs do.

I, obviously, would like to be the Senator.

I have this game and would like to play as the Troll King

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Decrepus posted:

We will have to all get together and slam out the first bunch of turns where you don't do anything. But just take screenshots and poo poo and each post our perspective like good LPs do.

I'm interested in this, though I don't quite yet have CoE4. Might be able to get it though; parents owe me some money. If I manage that, I would be more than happy to join the LP. If I do, I'm most interested in the Burgmeister I guess.

Edit: Switched to the Enchanter. They seem interesting.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Nov 18, 2015

Barono
May 6, 2007

Rich in irony and most satirical

Decrepus posted:

I'd be down, as the Burgmeister.

Absum
May 28, 2013

I will join as well if timezones allow or a dedicated server is viable. Don't particularly care which class, I would probably pick whatever's left to show off more stuff?

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
On second thought I think playing as the necromancer or evil hoburgs would be preferred. Maybe the diabolist.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I would like the CONQUEST OF ELYSIUM 4 game to start next week so let me know if you are going to be in it.

Decrepus - Senator
Flavahbeast - as himself
Absum - Australian
Barono - Burgmeister
Roland Jones - Enchanter
Diabl0 - Troll Lorde
Greyjoybastard - High Cultist
Baudin - some kind of dorf or something
Nuclearmonkee - Mictlan
amuayse - Voice of El
Density - Necrodancer

I obviously don't give a crap what you pick so that isn't important, or if you change it. It is going to be during the AGE OF EMPIRES.

Decrepus fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 18, 2015

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Can I go as the Voice of El?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Also, do realize that the Pale Ones can hold the entire world hostage by just summoning cave grubs and threatening to tunnel downwards.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

amuayse posted:

Also, do realize that the Pale Ones can hold the entire world hostage by just summoning cave grubs and threatening to tunnel downwards.

Ok, so who wants to sign up as these guys.

Absum
May 28, 2013

Decrepus posted:

I would like the CONQUEST OF ELYSIUM 4 game to start next week so let me know if you are going to be in it.

Decrepus - Senator
Flavahbeast - as himself
Absum - Australian
Barono - Burgmeister
Roland Jones - Enchanter
Diabl0 - Troll Lorde
Greyjoybastard - High Cultist
Baudin - some kind of dorf or something
Nuclearmonkee - Mictlan
amuayse - Voice of El

I obviously don't give a crap what you pick so that isn't important, or if you change it. It is going to be during the AGE OF EMPIRES.

Three things to note:

1) I'm not Australian wtf

2) Good luck organizing this what with no simultaneous turns

3) For all the new people that signed up, Empire age has least amount of neutral assholes but it also has a fuckton of cities and few forests which makes sacrifice guys stronger and herb/fungus people weaker. Also Monkee and Flavah gonna kill us all lol

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
someone buy me CoE4 and i'll play as fat goons

i won't know how to tunnel down so it'll basically be my dorf fort experiences all over again

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
There's a helpful "Tunnel Down" button if you have a cave grub in your army (which can be as early as turn 4 or so if you get a market town province nearby early and overbuy emeralds).

Rotekian
Jan 1, 2013
Only if the starting caster has the right spell. Otherwise they need to randomly obtain new spells for the cost of a grub, until they get it.

Also tunnel down into a cave wall does not seem to be a successful strategy.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Rotekian posted:

Only if the starting caster has the right spell.
Fine but it's not unlikely. It's very doable before like 10 turns in.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Absum posted:

Three things to note:

1) I'm not Australian wtf

2) Good luck organizing this what with no simultaneous turns

3) For all the new people that signed up, Empire age has least amount of neutral assholes but it also has a fuckton of cities and few forests which makes sacrifice guys stronger and herb/fungus people weaker. Also Monkee and Flavah gonna kill us all lol

First of all, how dare you speak to me.

Second of all, sequential turns is going to slow the game down and suck compared to simultaneous but hopefully it will be something we can plod along with. LPs aren't known for their blistering pace. If we even finish it we will have accomplished more than 75% of Dominions LPs. Also if it is slow you will have no excuse not to take screens and type words.

If the Empire age is unfair we can pick something else. I just would like the capital to be in the game to show it off and more importantly, because I am the Senator and would like to distribute coinage with my face on it.

For anyone else interested in signing up message me so I can add you to the list. We can have up to 16 players half of which will certainly be killed by wildlife by the first winter.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm fine with Empire, because neutral things killing people, while funny if it happens once or twice, kind of sucks. Also admittedly I am playing a very gold-hungry class and this age is pretty good for that. Less so for iron, but, well. That's what trade is for.

Really I'm just worried about the Priest King. What I've seen of the other sacrifice people don't look too bad, but the Priest King is... Something else, from what I can tell. Something that needs to be murdered.

By the way, what map size are we going with for this? The largest?

Absum
May 28, 2013

Empire age is fine, it isn't exactly a balanced and competitive mp game anyway. I just wanted to inform the people new to CoE cause there seemed to be lot. Also yes if you can actually manage to become Emperor (heh) you can do some cool stuff I've heard.

Absum fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Nov 18, 2015

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

That [mapsize ] will depend on the amount of players we end up with I guess. I have only played coe3 and 4 for a combined 3 hours so someone with more experience can make the call on that.

I'd like to start the game next week sometime so there is still time for people to spend their next SSD check on the game and sign up.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Boing posted:

I guess we'll call that one a draw?

Haha yeah raged out when i saw how much I lost on your cap.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

jBrereton posted:

Fine but it's not unlikely. It's very doable before like 10 turns in.

Yep, I got one cave grub in the 12th turn. Still exploring it, for now I found some fields that give 1 gold per tile.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
I think it was easily recoverable for you, you only lost a bunch of archers and a few mages but I lost my whole standing army and was pretty much defenseless. Unless you were also getting plundered from behind like I was (Vanheim :argh:)

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Boing posted:

I think it was easily recoverable for you, you only lost a bunch of archers and a few mages but I lost my whole standing army and was pretty much defenseless. Unless you were also getting plundered from behind like I was (Vanheim :argh:)

Haha Vanheim and I had chatted and he saw you stale and considered that weakness so attacked. I was in a somewhat lovely position anyway, I had like 8 provs total because I hosed up during expac and also had vanheim the expansion monster gobbling everything up.

Not a great loss imo, position was lovely etc. That battle was my whole standing army as well aside from researchers and like 10lizardhorses back in cap.

That fight sucked btw, I was very surprised when the loving sacred lizards decided to turn tail and run away like a bunch of pussies.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
I was disappointed that my 20 air elementals spent half the battle loving around with your archers instead of the other unit of sacred lizards that were murdering all my dudes :colbert:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Imprisoned Blood Fountain with 9B/4F/4W and T3/S3/H2/G3/L3/M3 for EA Mictlan. Tell me how dumb I am for not taking Order.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Fat Samurai posted:

Imprisoned Blood Fountain with 9B/4F/4W and T3/S3/H2/G3/L3/M3 for EA Mictlan. Tell me how dumb I am for not taking Order.

Eh patrolling unrest will be harder, but otherwise It hink your'e fine? Supplies/resources shouldn't be an issue since all of your poo poo is naked dudes with clubs.

Plus turmoil + luck = FUN, I'm in like turn 50 of my first game with luck 3 and T3, I will NEVER take misfortune again, I've easily gotten 5k+ in gold, 100 gems, and other fun stuff and had like 1 bad event happen.

TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012
You'll still get good events with O3L3, just less of them.

You're paying 6 scale points for F4W4 so the big question is whether +2 attack/defense is worth a 30% income difference to you.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

wait are multiplayer turns in coe4 really not simultaneous? someone in the thread told me they are simultaneous

amuayse posted:

Flavahbeast posted:

Has there been any word on changes to CoE4's turn structure? Each player having to take their turn consecutively kinda kills multiplayer
It's simultaneous

Atlanton
Mar 23, 2013

Flavahbeast posted:

wait are multiplayer turns in coe4 really not simultaneous? someone in the thread told me they are simultaneous

They're definitely not simultaneous, unless there's some game setting I don't know about.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

MF_James posted:

Eh patrolling unrest will be harder, but otherwise It hink your'e fine? Supplies/resources shouldn't be an issue since all of your poo poo is naked dudes with clubs.

Plus turmoil + luck = FUN, I'm in like turn 50 of my first game with luck 3 and T3, I will NEVER take misfortune again, I've easily gotten 5k+ in gold, 100 gems, and other fun stuff and had like 1 bad event happen.

There's also the chance of heroes and extra path diversity from event mages.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

BurntCornMuffin posted:

There's also the chance of heroes and extra path diversity from event mages.

oh yeah I got myself a blood mage as yomi fun stuff ahead.. kind of... since I can't really bloodhunt well with a whopping 1 blood dude lol

yeah extra troops occasionally, heroes, I haven't gotten +paths on a dude yet, but i've got my fingers crossed.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

CoE4 multiplayer is unfortunately completely retarded. The turns are sequential and unable to be password protected. We will have to blitz turns if we are ever going to get anywhere and also rely upon the Honor System. Let's try to pick a time and play for an hour next week maybe.

Roland_jones, monkee, and myself played a test game last night and if it is being blitzed it isn't too bad.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Decrepus posted:

CoE4 multiplayer is unfortunately completely retarded. The turns are sequential and unable to be password protected. We will have to blitz turns if we are ever going to get anywhere and also rely upon the Honor System. Let's try to pick a time and play for an hour next week maybe.

Roland_jones, monkee, and myself played a test game last night and if it is being blitzed it isn't too bad.

The turns are way way shorter than in Dom4, so I suppose it's more Blitz-friendly.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Turin Turambar posted:

The turns are way way shorter than in Dom4, so I suppose it's more Blitz-friendly.

Yeah, I'm not sure how long we played. An hour, maybe an hour and half, and I feel like we got pretty far along all things considered. Or at least what is a good stopping point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Decrepus posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure how long we played. An hour, maybe an hour and half, and I feel like we got pretty far along all things considered. Or at least what is a good stopping point.

A very good stopping point for me, considering what happened.

Turns out a single wood golem and the remnants of my starting army can not stand up to two mages and a bunch of troops. Though the wood golem lasted an impressive amount of time, all things considered.

Edit: As for time, I can play whenever I suppose. I'm not particularly busy.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 19, 2015

• Locked thread