Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

sout posted:

I have not seen Paul Blart Mall Cop. Bad idea to watch it Y/N?

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
More like, Y would you do that to yourself?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

If you haven't, definitely listen to TWIOAT, you'll realize how great of an idea was for them to team up with MBMBAM, they have the same comedic sensibilities

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Toxxupation posted:

If you haven't, definitely listen to TWIOAT, you'll realize how great of an idea was for them to team up with MBMBAM, they have the same comedic sensibilities

Once they've seen whatever movie several times, their ability to behave rationally erodes rapidly and suddenly they're talking about the role voodoo plays in Grown Ups 2 and the lives of background characters in Sex and the City 2.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Once they've seen whatever movie several times, their ability to behave rationally erodes rapidly and suddenly they're talking about the role voodoo plays in Grown Ups 2 and the lives of background characters in Sex and the City 2.

Which is basically the main draw. Going from 'yea this movie blows' to 'gently caress man I dunno maybe voodoo???' has been great

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
It's worth listening just to hear them pronounce Buscemi as "boo-sheemy".

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Their descent into madness makes The Worst Idea of All Time great.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I hope no one thought that was a criticism.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I listened to two episodes of The Worst Idea of All Time this morning and started on a third. I had no prior information on what it was before this thread talked about it. It's really great. Episode 3 and they're into the conspiracy theories.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

myron cope posted:

I listened to two episodes of The Worst Idea of All Time this morning and started on a third. I had no prior information on what it was before this thread talked about it. It's really great. Episode 3 and they're into the conspiracy theories.

Same! It's so good. At episode nine now and the fact they'll watch this movie 40 more times makes me goddamn surprised they're still alive and functioning.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

At the 10s/20s, they make up recurring segments just so they'll have something to talk about.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

General Max Fun chat: if you think there's a chance you'll like Pop Rocket, you'll probably like Pop Rocket. It's fun and the hosts have a really great range of opinions and personalities.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Waffleman_ posted:

At the 10s/20s, they make up recurring segments just so they'll have something to talk about.

Yeah, they've just started doing Top 3s. I'm loving how specific the Shining Moments have got already.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

ArgaWarga posted:

General Max Fun chat: if you think there's a chance you'll like Pop Rocket, you'll probably like Pop Rocket. It's fun and the hosts have a really great range of opinions and personalities.
On that note, the more recent ads for PR have excised the "incredibly snark filled" line, and have drastically improved, as a result.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

ArgaWarga posted:

I have tried like two episodes of them, one covering the VMA (or some sort of award show) and one where Jesse Thorn guests and complain about the lack of black people in a game (Witcher 3?). It's amusing, I suppose, but...the tone just grates me sometimes. I can't quite explain it, but the way they complain about stuff just seems annoying.

v I didn't find the voices annoying at all, but I have a pretty high tolerance for voices.

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 19, 2015

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Is Guy Branam's voice any more tolerable when he's not very obviously reading from a script? Because I feel like that'd grate after while.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Worst idea of all time becomes (even more) incredible by the end of season one when it's just guy and Tim on the verge of nervous breakdowns

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Well the end to that arc of The Adventure Zone was pretty loving weird!

I like what Griffin's doing with the music, though, it adds a lot to the atmosphere.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
This adventure zone is :black101: as hell but I bet it's would make some d&d purists upset

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

This one was pretty good. I would have liked if Justin, Travis, and Clint had more agency in how things unraveled, but overall I think it was a satisfying ending to this arc. Plus, it made it even more clear how powerful these artifacts really are. Good leave-you-wanting-more ending too.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Farg posted:

This adventure zone is :black101: as hell but I bet it's would make some d&d purists upset

Keep reading and they will appear in this very thread!

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

Farg posted:

Yeah dude, you have NO idea. It's quite hilarious.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

griffin has some problems as a DM but the actual content of the adventure is very fun and interesting and a very cool direction to take a D&D game in!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I really like that Griffin is taking that foreshadowing about the wizards who made these things somewhere, and also even though the end was kind of on rails I thought narratively it was very sweet. :3:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I love that he's taken the game through different types of stories. He started with a pretty normal adventure (the set up probably came out of the book, I'm not entirely familiar) but taking a D&D game through a train who-dunnit and a Mad Max Death Race is something not a whole lot of people are willing to do.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I think The Adventure Zone is at its best when there's a lot of conversation between characters, thats clearly what they're all suited to. Combat can be funny too but I do think the race went on too long. I think it just kind of got away from Griffin.

edit: also I'm not sure why he let them slip out of Taako getting possessed by the thing. That would have been a solid cliff hanger.

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 20, 2015

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

ArgaWarga posted:

I would listen to Pop Rocket if Wynter wasn't on it. The episode where she ranted about how online dating sucks because no one understands her soured me permanently.

Even without her it's a annoying when they cover something I understand (like videogame) and spend a long time saying a bunch of half-wrong stuff.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Alaois posted:

griffin has some problems as a DM but the actual content of the adventure is very fun and interesting and a very cool direction to take a D&D game in!

As an RPG nerd, I can safely say that Griffin is an amazing DM and I love him and I wish all DMs were like him.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Wow, what a conclusion to this Adventure Zone arc. I really didn't mind the on-rails ending to it, it read more as a climactic RPG game boss than a D&D battle, which I think was exactly what Griffin wanted.

Justin tweeted that he choked up a little during this episode, and that Griffin "is a literal genius". I really think Griffin could do amazing things in the realm of short fiction or hell, an entire novel. I'd read it.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Drunkboxer posted:

I think The Adventure Zone is at its best when there's a lot of conversation between characters, thats clearly what they're all suited to. Combat can be funny too but I do think the race went on too long. I think it just kind of got away from Griffin.

edit: also I'm not sure why he let them slip out of Taako getting possessed by the thing. That would have been a solid cliff hanger.

Well "Claarg returns" is a solid bit of hype in itself.

I hope we're going to get some resolution to what was going on with that charm spell too, or at least a new breadcrumb, soon. I love that Griffin is really setting up this air of mystery around their silly adventures!

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I cannot believe that tree didn't get railsplittered.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Taako bringing out the switcharoo wand was some amazing chekov's gun poo poo. His dorky one-liners are the loving best.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I think the race was too long. BUT I STILL HAD FUN LISTENING

I also enjoy all of their shenanigans, but I'd probably be a little annoyed if I knew actual D&D rules. But since I don't, it's real fun. Woulda been cool to see Taako possessed though, even briefly.

edit: I'm just more excited for the next adventure

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Count me in as someone who's jumped onto the Worst Idea train. It's the best. Also the worst.

Taako's voice seemed a little higher than usual this week. Did I miss a reason for that, or was Hoopz just phoning the voice in?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Am I the only one who teared up at the end of the fight in this Zonecast? :saddowns:

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 20, 2015

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

fatherboxx posted:

Taako bringing out the switcharoo wand was some amazing chekov's gun poo poo. His dorky one-liners are the loving best.

I love Griffin's delighted "you remembered!" at that bit. That must've been exactly what he had been planning for him to do.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

poop dood posted:

I love Griffin's delighted "you remembered!" at that bit. That must've been exactly what he had been planning for him to do.

I think it's more that, generally, Travis is the only one properly updating his character sheet. Justin remembering a random item and using it to its utmost was a pleasant surprise.

Meanwhile Clint can't even remember to keep adding his bonus from his Extreme Teen Bible.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I think it's more that, generally, Travis is the only one properly updating his character sheet. Justin remembering a random item and using it to its utmost was a pleasant surprise.

Meanwhile Clint can't even remember to keep adding his bonus from his Extreme Teen Bible.

Hey, he remembered Choppy at least.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

And yet he keeps trying to use the Scuttlebuddy long after it was destroyed. Clint owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Travis343 posted:

And yet he keeps trying to use the Scuttlebuddy long after it was destroyed. Clint owns.

He still just won't accept that it was left on the train.

• Locked thread