Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
ROTS started off pretty good with the space battle. Then slowed way the gently caress down until Obi Wan starts the battle to get Grievous, then slows way the gently caress down until Order 66, which is exciting for about 5 minutes, then it slows way the gently caress down when the Emperor ya boi Sheev kills Jules and the fish guy and fights Yoda. Then some more bullshit happens and you get an ending that makes zero sense.

AotC is just 2 hours of bullshit with a single interesting fight scene when Obi Wann clowns on Jango Fett on the landing pad

Episode 1 gets a pass because Pod Racing on N64/Arcade was super fun and the single best thing about the prequels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

I like the sound design of the sonic charges in the asteroid field chase, the bit where the clones are fighting in the dust and the aforementioned Imperial March scene. That adds up to about 5 minutes of content I believe. It's not even entertaining bad like the Holiday Special and those loving Ewok movies. It's just the kind of bad that is boring and stupid.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Back when I had a rad 5.1 system the asteroid chase was my go-to when I was calibrating/testing it after a move.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

ep2 had the padme midriff shirt so that was ok.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

TK-42-1 posted:

ep2 had the padme midriff shirt so that was ok.

Good point. Plus her butt was on point in those pants.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The tight white shirt with no bra and the black dominatrix outfit were better than anything else in the prequels except for Dex's Diner.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Tender Bender posted:

The tight white shirt with no bra and the black dominatrix outfit were better than anything else in the prequels except for Dex's Diner.

Yeah, I did kind of like the dumb space Diner. I would love to see a Star Wars movie done 100% on Courscant as a crime thriller ala Lock Stock/Reservoir Dogs. Just some guys in way over their heads trying to avoid Storm Troopers, crime lords and pissed off local businessmen after they steal something way more valuable than they can sell

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Alien diner Italian guy had a mustache and that was awesome.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, I did kind of like the dumb space Diner. I would love to see a Star Wars movie done 100% on Courscant as a crime thriller ala Lock Stock/Reservoir Dogs. Just some guys in way over their heads trying to avoid Storm Troopers, crime lords and pissed off local businessmen after they steal something way more valuable than they can sell

That's what 1313 was supposed to be. Like uncharted but in seedy Coruscant. I'm still kind of bitter about it being shuttered since it had the potential to be a nonshitty Star Wars thing.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the space battle in rots looks worse than any of the ones in the OT.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TK-42-1 posted:

That's what 1313 was supposed to be. Like uncharted but in seedy Coruscant. I'm still kind of bitter about it being shuttered since it had the potential to be a nonshitty Star Wars thing.

allegedly some version of it is being worked on at EA. with jade raymond as project lead and amy heaning writing it.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
I agree. I remember the first time I watched it. In the opening scene I had no idea who were the good guys and who were the bad guys. It didn't help that the first big ship you see is a Star Destroyer.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

There's a new episode 7 TV spot and they decided to use cortosis material. :barf:

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Chill la Chill posted:

There's a new episode 7 TV spot and they decided to use cortosis material. :barf:

Except it's got that electrical field thingy that Greivous' droids had?

Now why a stormtrooper would have such a thing...

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Doesn't look like the magnaguard's electro-staff thing. I paused it and couldn't see one. Eh. I mean, it's not like the magnaguards and electrostaffs are great ideas either. They're some of the dumb things from the PT.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

I don't know about the people working on episode 7, but a lot of the other new Star wars stuff makes it really, really obvious the people running it now think KOTOR and TOR is cool and good.

I know the idea that they're taking cues from that whole setting won't hold up in Star Wars Court (since the KOTOR stuff is just a mirror of the regular Star Wars stuff and makes it look like the universe has just been repeating itself for a thousand years), but after watching some clips from the new Rebels cartoon and seeing the movie's big villain, I can't shake the idea that it is a huge influence.

Which is only bad if you honestly thought Star Wars had the potential to be something "better" than those pretty okay videogames.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I don't know about the people working on episode 7, but a lot of the other new Star wars stuff makes it really, really obvious the people running it now think KOTOR and TOR is cool and good.

I know the idea that they're taking cues from that whole setting won't hold up in Star Wars Court (since the KOTOR stuff is just a mirror of the regular Star Wars stuff and makes it look like the universe has just been repeating itself for a thousand years), but after watching some clips from the new Rebels cartoon and seeing the movie's big villain, I can't shake the idea that it is a huge influence.

Which is only bad if you honestly thought Star Wars had the potential to be something "better" than those pretty okay videogames.

Wasn't that the whole point of KOTOR 2? The Force makes everything repeat forever, so gently caress the Force.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Who even knows? Kotor 2 had a nonsensical story that you only saw a minute of after 2+ hours loving around on a tedious boring planet or spaceship. The combat and levelups were improved from kotor 1 but the rest was streamlined to boringness.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Tortanic is a lot of bad things but their Imperial Agent class is the best thing and should be it's own game-thing where you are a cog in the Empire and have to handle the universe being insane while not being the special Jedi or whatever.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Dely Apple posted:

Tortanic is a lot of bad things but their Imperial Agent class is the best thing and should be it's own game-thing where you are a cog in the Empire and have to handle the universe being insane while not being the special Jedi or whatever.

can any fun be gleaned from this game without paying money?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Salt

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

effectual posted:

Who even knows? Kotor 2 had a nonsensical story that you only saw a minute of after 2+ hours loving around on a tedious boring planet or spaceship. The combat and levelups were improved from kotor 1 but the rest was streamlined to boringness.

lol

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I hope Obsidian gets to make Knights Of The Old Republic III, or that someone other than Bioware does.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Dapper_Swindler posted:

allegedly some version of it is being worked on at EA. with jade raymond as project lead and amy heaning writing it.

That's actually really cool. Both of them are super loving talented

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The best possible Star Wars game would be Sleeping Dogs: Nar Shaddaa. This I believe.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

projecthalaxy posted:

The best possible Star Wars game would be Sleeping Dogs: Nar Shaddaa. This I believe.

Yeah, for years people have been begging for a Star Wars GTA clone because the universe lends itself pretty easily to the concept. Imagine one done GTA5 style where it shifts perspective int he story between 3 guys, a bounty hunter, a smuggler and a disgraced stormtrooper as all three work to screw over some gangster/moff out to ruin them

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Most importantly, you have to play as some rando. No Han, Lando, Karrde, no secret Jedi, just some dude on the Smuggler's Moon running around and brutally kicking Devaronian dealers and helping the downtrodden in your own special way.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I could never get into the KOTOR games. I played KOTOR 1 and got bored on the first planet.

What we really need is a new X-Wing\TIE Fighter\Rogue Squadron game.

Then again, I really liked Battlefront 2 back in the day and they really hosed that one up now.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

projecthalaxy posted:

Most importantly, you have to play as some rando. No Han, Lando, Karrde, no secret Jedi, just some dude on the Smuggler's Moon running around and brutally kicking Devaronian dealers and helping the downtrodden in your own special way.

Agreed. It has to be some one the player can project themselves on to a little without worrying about keeping poo poo in canon. Just going balls out crazy as you steal a Z-95 and start firing concussion missiles off at the Imperial Garrison's AT-STs or the Crimelord's Cloak Fighters then bailing out with your jet pack and trying to hide between buildings

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gammatron 64 posted:

I could never get into the KOTOR games. I played KOTOR 1 and got bored on the first planet.

What we really need is a new X-Wing\TIE Fighter\Rogue Squadron game.

Then again, I really liked Battlefront 2 back in the day and they really hosed that one up now.
To be fair the first planet in KOTOR1 is really loving boring.

Absolutely seconding the need for more Star Wars fighter pilot games, though.
Hell, even the prequel-centric Star Wars: Starfighter and Jedi Starfighter were fun.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I hate George Lucas because in high school, I went to see Phantom Menace 3D in the theaters with my boyfriend on Valentine's Day, my friends decided to tag along too, and the movie was so bad that it embarrassed me in front of everyone.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Battle for Naboo was pretty fun, it was about playing a member of the Naboo Air Force conducting a conventional war against the battle droids while the queen did her stuff. You were mostly in a Naboo Starfighter, but there were speeder stages, boat stages, and even a chance to fly Darth Maul's Sith Interceptor.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

projecthalaxy posted:

poo poo, now I want to run this as a campaign.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

projecthalaxy posted:

This is what I enjoyed about SW galaxies and I didn't enjoy it when everyone could suddenly become a Jedi. I just wanted to run around with the goatman and shoot dudes.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Nirvikalpa posted:

I hate George Lucas because in high school, I went to see Phantom Menace 3D in the theaters with my boyfriend on Valentine's Day, my friends decided to tag along too, and the movie was so bad that it embarrassed me in front of everyone.

The 3d rerelease was only like 2 years ago. How had you not heard by then how bad the prequels are?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

projecthalaxy posted:

Battle for Naboo was pretty fun, it was about playing a member of the Naboo Air Force conducting a conventional war against the battle droids while the queen did her stuff. You were mostly in a Naboo Starfighter, but there were speeder stages, boat stages, and even a chance to fly Darth Maul's Sith Interceptor.
Battle for Naboo was great and had some cool gameplay and graphical improvements over the first Rogue Squadron. Some of the speeders were cool, and you get to be the guy in the movie who drives that green speeder with the big gently caress-off cannon in the back and one-shots the droid tank in the streets and kicks off the Battle of Theed, it was super satisfying.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

projecthalaxy posted:

The Jedi Starfighter game had some really neat stage design to it, plus the Geonosys battle was done in a really intense and compelling way

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

Agreed. It has to be some one the player can project themselves on to a little without worrying about keeping poo poo in canon. Just going balls out crazy as you steal a Z-95 and start firing concussion missiles off at the Imperial Garrison's AT-STs or the Crimelord's Cloak Fighters then bailing out with your jet pack and trying to hide between buildings

They're very similar in the type of game they are, but if I could overhaul a game and make it "that game but Star Wars" I would definitely go for Just Cause over GTA. You're a rando Rebel agent sent to X planet to sabotage the Imperial garrison there, go nuts spending the whole game flying stolen TIE fighters into AT-ATs and generally wreaking havoc, because that is literally your mission.

God Just Cause 2 was such a great game.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Nirvikalpa posted:

I went to a midnight showing of TPM when it first came out. So I only got about three hours of sleep and had to go to school the next day. In class, we watched The Godfather, and I fell asleep almost immediately. I didn't see The Godfather for real for another twelve years. So, yes, I indirectly chose The Phantom Menace over The Godfather.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Jurgan posted:

I went to a midnight showing of TPM when it first came out. So I only got about three hours of sleep and had to go to school the next day. In class, we watched The Godfather, and I fell asleep almost immediately. I didn't see The Godfather for real for another twelve years. So, yes, I indirectly chose The Phantom Menace over The Godfather.

I remember watching TPM at midnight, with high school friends

I also remember the sad, eerily silent drive home, at 3am, as we each, slowly, but inevitably, came to realize that it was... bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Booblord Zagats posted:

That's actually really cool. Both of them are super loving talented

they definitely are. I am curious what this project will be.

• Locked thread