Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Odd. No one else misses it. Although the krait tower was pretty cool.
I'm guessing this is why they didn't put in the work to make it replayable. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Sprite141 posted:

Odd. No one else misses it. Although the krait tower was pretty cool.

The original Molten Facility was by far the best dungeon Anet has ever made.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Schpyder posted:

The original Molten Facility was by far the best dungeon Anet has ever made.
Aetherpath was also pretty good before one of the patches broke a lot of the scripting and they changed the electrified floor room. I used to run it every day and doing recently with the group who used to run it was infuriating because of how much stuff was broken (lava grubs, I'm looking at you) :sigh:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It ain't a party till everyone's naked and in a fountain.

Swell guild hall GOON, I especially liked the pumpkin arrow, I was wondering if there some sort puzzle there but I couldn't find anything more, unless I was suppose to jump on the statue with the eternity.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Alteisen posted:

It ain't a party till everyone's naked and in a fountain.

Swell guild hall GOON, I especially liked the pumpkin arrow, I was wondering if there some sort puzzle there but I couldn't find anything more, unless I was suppose to jump on the statue with the eternity.

Some of the guys took some inspiration from Mesmer Asura and used pumpkins to make getting to the start of the actual jumping puzzle in the hall a bit easier. If you're in the hall again at some point, head over to the mines, run past them onto the big tree and then glide over to the pumpkins embedded in the waterfall. It's a pretty neat JP.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Uh if you're referring to the waterfall pumpkins with the vinewalls and the table and chairs that's my private living space, please get the hell out

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Anet I need a /roll emote so I can foul up some Guild livingspaces. Thanks in advance.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Actually I'll just use /laugh on my Asura. Nevermind.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I can take away your decorating privileges you know :mad:

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I can take away your decorating privileges you know :twisted:

You already did! :owned:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Uh if you're referring to the waterfall pumpkins with the vinewalls and the table and chairs that's my private living space, please get the hell out
No, no, it's behind and above that. Where the jumping thing starts and you can get up on the top of the hall if you jump around the mushroom pads and wrecked tiles, etc.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Mercurius posted:

No, no, it's behind and above that. Where the jumping thing starts and you can get up on the top of the hall if you jump around the mushroom pads and wrecked tiles, etc.

is this the thing where i made a shortcut through the arena

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Dreggon posted:

is this the thing where i made a shortcut through the arena
Maybe? I haven't actually been to the goon squad hall for a week or so :v:

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Even though we fought like absolutely no one tonight SFD (and beer) still made Wvwednesday super fun. Cheers buddies.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
I knew it was going to be a good night when an hour before WvWednesday started, someone in guild chat goes "Oh hell, I'm already too drunk for this."

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Mercurius posted:

Some of the guys took some inspiration from Mesmer Asura and used pumpkins to make getting to the start of the actual jumping puzzle in the hall a bit easier. If you're in the hall again at some point, head over to the mines, run past them onto the big tree and then glide over to the pumpkins embedded in the waterfall. It's a pretty neat JP.

No, we made an actual JP that goes all the way to the top of the zone. The arrow indicates where it starts. Just follow the pumpkins.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Alteisen posted:

Run along the wall to the right of the statue and you'll get to the arch thing above the guild portal. From there, you can climb onto the roof proper, and you should see a big rock with pumpkins jammed into it. That path of pumpkins leads all the way to the top of the guild hall. I dunno if anyone has actually made it all the way since the original Odyssey, where we were putting down pumpkins wherever we needed to go.

EDIT: I was going to put down a couple of pumpkins as road markers, but someone beat me to it. So just follow the pumpkins!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Don't know if that's a bug or a feature, but I'm leveling and the empty skill slot keeps flashing although I have no points to choose a skill (because I've spread them among different talents)(leveling as a revenant). It's super irritating and I don't know how to turn it off. Besides covering it with a real life post-it note.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I got up a tree close to the top and then there was a lone pumpkin on a gold ledge with no further pumpkins in sight. It was a little bit higher than the platform next to the arena tower, but not enough higher I could have glided over. It was a fun diversion!

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

mike12345 posted:

Don't know if that's a bug or a feature, but I'm leveling and the empty skill slot keeps flashing although I have no points to choose a skill (because I've spread them among different talents)(leveling as a revenant). It's super irritating and I don't know how to turn it off. Besides covering it with a real life post-it note.

It's a feature! Granted, it makes sense for every other class, but the way Rev is designed, you need to unlock at least twice the skills other classes would to fill those slots because they change with your spirit thing. I'm right there with you on super annoying.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
On the plus side, once you're leveled Rev is the best thing ever. Wish I'd made ascended heavy armor instead of medium; maybe some day.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I still can't figure out what race and name to go with, don't know if I should just give up and make my first white female human.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I still can't figure out what race and name to go with, don't know if I should just give up and make my first white female human.

Make the wrinkliest Asura you can. Name it Prolapsed Cloaca. yw

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

If anyone is lookin for the new ranger pets in HoT or need help running HPs let me know. I usually ask if anyone wants to join me in GOON chat. I will run from Verdant Brink on in. I would say to at least have updrafts and exalted markings, if you happen to have poison resist we can grab extra points as well. Other than that I can port anyone past ley line gliding HP and vine doors. I will be on Evil Salesman or Tiny Exotic Dancer to do map completion now. I am always happy to help out. And also would like to thank all the people who was with me for all the runs I did this past week or so.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Charr is the Best Race.

Or you could roll the rarest sight in any MMO, a black female human :smith:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Cuckoo posted:

Or you could roll the rarest sight in any MMO, a black female human :smith:

The relearn-the-game character I made last month is a black woman and the options for dark skin are really, embarrassingly limited. Human men have a darker range than the women do in this game.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Also without more options for facial physiognomy it just looks like blackface/ultra-tanning.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

There's also, like... two? three? afro-textured hairstyles in the entire game, and Norn is hogging most of 'em.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
I'm disappointed that there aren't strength and dependence sliders for true customization.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

mike12345 posted:

Also without more options for facial physiognomy it just looks like blackface/ultra-tanning.

This is a huge problem in MMOs, especially KMMOs. Anything darker than Hispanic/light skinned black person and it looks like a really creepy filter placed on top of a white person. Sometimes the area around the eyelids or lips aren't correctly colored, making it literally look like a Mammy-act level blackface. Not to mention the extremely white facial options, etc. Another thing that bothers me in GW2 is that the hairstyles (classic, I know they added some since then) had nothing but ultra-white hair options, so my black skinned lady looked like she just stepped out of a salon after a meticulous perm job. I am an IRL lady of color and even though games tend to make both genders look a bit prettier than they should for the setting, it's flat out unrealistic to run around as a black person with a glamor-perm in a fantasy setting.

Age of Conan was a loving garbage game but I will forever miss my character, who was a black skinned woman with dreads and a strong nose. She looked pretty and badass without looking like a model, and dark skinned without looking like a lovely filter thrown onto white skin.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Vermain posted:

There's also, like... two? three? afro-textured hairstyles in the entire game, and Norn is hogging most of 'em.

Asura have a couple afro and braids options but they've mostly been adding horrible anime baby hair with the kits :mad:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Trebuchet King posted:

I got up a tree close to the top and then there was a lone pumpkin on a gold ledge with no further pumpkins in sight. It was a little bit higher than the platform next to the arena tower, but not enough higher I could have glided over. It was a fun diversion!

There's a root and a big tree by that platform. You're supposed to climb the root and jump onto the pumpkins on the tree, and then climb from there, but the tree pumpkins can be hard to spot. I put a pumpkin on the root that's visible while gliding towards the ledge, which should point you to the tree pumpkins. :)

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Asura have a couple afro and braids options but they've mostly been adding horrible anime baby hair with the kits :mad:

To be fair Asura look like horrible anime babies to begin with, so those hairstyles make more sense on them. I never understood why they got more kinky hair options than humans.

The new Goku hair options on Charr though :barf:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Has anyone here made the ascended Viper's (Yassith's) armor? Where did you get the let line sparks from, just from the Crystallized Caches? Also lol 1000+ gold.

Exotic Viper doesn't seem worth it compared to ascended sinister.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Tested out Power Berserker in sPvP, it's better than I thought. Some primal burst skills suck but GS/Axe/Rifle primal burst skills are alright. You do miss out on Strength trait which contains traits for GS, Axe and damage boost though.

Also Headbutt and Wild Blow everyday! :v:

Aesis fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 19, 2015

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

ItBurns posted:

Has anyone here made the ascended Viper's (Yassith's) armor? Where did you get the let line sparks from, just from the Crystallized Caches? Also lol 1000+ gold.

Haven't made the ascended armor, but I have occasionally found ley line sparks in the pods in dragon's stand as well.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

ItBurns posted:

HoT storyline gives a bunch, too.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Cuckoo posted:

To be fair Asura look like horrible anime babies to begin with, so those hairstyles make more sense on them. I never understood why they got more kinky hair options than humans.

The new Goku hair options on Charr though :barf:

i guess asura are the lesser of two evils compared to, like, actual child-looking races in games, but yeah. they either look like horrible abominations or weird anime children...goblin things.

a thing i miss from guild wars 1 is that character creation was a little different depending on what campaign you were starting in, and elona had a lot of cool options in regards to hair and whatever. the transition to gw2 has somehow made humans even more boring and generic than they already were.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

ItBurns posted:

Uh, why would you ever do that? Just craft another statset and buy/craft inscriptions to convert. Got me a whole set of ascended Viper's gear for my engi that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i guess asura are the lesser of two evils compared to, like, actual child-looking races in games, but yeah. they either look like horrible abominations or weird anime children...goblin things.

a thing i miss from guild wars 1 is that character creation was a little different depending on what campaign you were starting in, and elona had a lot of cool options in regards to hair and whatever. the transition to gw2 has somehow made humans even more boring and generic than they already were.

"Lore" blocks off access to anywhere not Europe/interesting.
It is a bit funny that Norn have more ethnic diversity than humans, but then again I guess it goes back to that original (though now kinda ditched) lore choice to make humans the race in decline/Tolkien elf stand-ins.

• Locked thread