Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Did Rubin put up big money on Christie on inTrade or something?

No, he's just the candidate that she's shilling for this election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

PhazonLink posted:

^
So that guy is likely dead and he's being used for an agenda.

That's pretty much the Bush family motto at this point.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Locobono posted:

What's with the whole "homeless veterans before refugees" talking point? I've heard it trotted out at work about a dozen times this week. Is it just a way to give the impression of being compassionate while secretly having some pretty uncompassionate opinions?

It's the same thing literal children do when told to clean their room. Suddenly they really need to do their homework, clean their bike, go read something for class, etc because they'd rather do those things when compared to cleaning their room. Keep in mind they were not doing those things and almost never want to either, it's just a ploy to get out cleaning their room. If the parent relents to such a statement then neither will the room be cleaned nor will the homework/reading/bike cleaning be done.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Crain posted:

It's the same thing literal children do when told to clean their room. Suddenly they really need to do their homework, clean their bike, go read something for class, etc because they'd rather do those things when compared to cleaning their room. Keep in mind they were not doing those things and almost never want to either, it's just a ploy to get out cleaning their room. If the parent relents to such a statement then neither will the room be cleaned nor will the homework/reading/bike cleaning be done.

You tell that to This American Hero, Buddy.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

zoux posted:

Texas Ag commish thinks he needs to "weigh in" (he is fat and won largely by campaigning that he would end the ban on school kids bringing cupcakes for their classmates on their birthdays)

The real question is why there was ever a ban a bringing cupcakes to class. Come on, man!

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I feel bad for vets. First the government throws their bodies against enemies in a bullshit war and then their countrymen point to their homelessness and mental illness as reasons to exclude victims of war from America while simultaneously doing nothing to help veterans get relief from this poo poo.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

zoux posted:

Someone smarter than I should make a Script that data mines a persons social media feed for mentions of homeless/vet/whatever to see just when it is people suddenly care about vets.

Honestly social media has reached a point where I can't stand to browse it, since last friday. I'm only even browsing this thread due to being in a mind numbing meeting today. There's just far too many hate filled, xenophobic, jackasses and it's just depressing.

I really want to take a vacation from humanity right now.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Of course then they start talking at work about how the Syrian refugees are clearly a Trojan Horse, and you don't feel quite as bad for them.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

zoux posted:

Christ, this is the same exact meme as you see when there's talk about raising the minimum wage:

"Should these no-skill burger flippers be making more than ARE TROOPS?"

"Okay that's fine, let's spend more tax money on higher salaries for soldiers!"

"Oh er...well...."

It's loving despicable. I agree we need better help for all of our nation's homeless, including veterans. That means an increase in welfare spending geniuses, who do you think is the biggest obstacle to doing that? It ain't the loving Dems.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/AthenaCNN/status/667393016210976768

Athena JonesVerified account
‏@AthenaCNN
On good friend & frequent tv spokesman Armstrong Williams, Carson says "he does not speak for me" & has nothing to do with his campaign.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

"Good idea. Let's do both things and be really good people."

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

zoux posted:

Isn't it a big no-no for soldiers in uniform to make political statements to the public?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Inferior Third Season posted:

Isn't it a big no-no for soldiers in uniform to make political statements to the public?

I don't know man, I'm pretty sure that picture is fake. That flag looks photoshopped in behind him!

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

I'm sure most of them get a pass if the political statements are right-wing in nature.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Crain posted:

Someone smarter than I should make a Script that data mines a persons social media feed for mentions of homeless/vet/whatever to see just when it is people suddenly care about vets.

Honestly social media has reached a point where I can't stand to browse it, since last friday. I'm only even browsing this thread due to being in a mind numbing meeting today. There's just far too many hate filled, xenophobic, jackasses and it's just depressing.

I really want to take a vacation from humanity right now.

I feel like social media putting everyone the click of a "like" button away from whatever lovely groupthink they want to dip their feet into is a legit bad thing

But whatever I'm just old now I guess

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

I'm ex mil and my feed is literally full of this poo poo, but people marched in the local pride in uniform too so w/e

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Well maybe if those veterans weren't lazy bums they could bootstrap themselves out of a warzone and get some of that sweet sweet welfare titty :rolleye:

:cripes:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

This looks like Facebook so it technically isn't public.
I mean, you're still not supposed to but it's only enforced if you openly shout your intent to shoot the president.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
lol house dems are pissed that Obama/WH wouldn't give them cover on the refugee bill

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

lol house dems are pissed that Obama/WH wouldn't give them cover on the refugee bill

I also learned from this that the Blue Dog Caucus still exists and has 15 members!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

I also learned from this that the Blue Dog Caucus still exists and has 15 members!

Holy hell.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
By the way, it doesn't much matter what the House does because Reid has already said it's DOA in the Senate, which has one more vote today at 2pm and then is gone for Thanksgiving.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

CommieGIR posted:

Hey look, Republicans appealed to 'Common Sense' again, as if they had any sense to begin with.

I really hate that phrase.

In politics it's always shorthand for "I have no loving idea what I'm talking about. Please ignore anything I have to say on the subject at hand."

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Joementum posted:

By the way, it doesn't much matter what the House does because Reid has already said it's DOA in the Senate, which has one more vote today at 2pm and then is gone for Thanksgiving.

Personally, I think he should call them out on it.

"And unfortunately, some members of my own party have forgotten that we, as Democrats, must constantly stand as a bulwark to right tyranny in waiting."

*ignores FDR*

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Gentlemen my plan is so simple a 5 year old could have come up with it, which is a good thing in my mind because

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Joementum posted:

did reid put out a cigarette in a senate republican's eye after saying that

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

DolphinCop posted:

did reid put out a cigarette in a senate republican's eye after saying that

Only in my headcanon.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Monkey Fracas posted:

Gentlemen my plan is so simple a 5 year old could have come up with it, which is a good thing in my mind because
Plans so simple a child could have come up with them and they fit in three pages are actually ideal for public policy, because complex ideas and regulations are scary

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Dripping pus and blood from the bloody hole where his right eye used to stare, tortoise-like, Mitch McConnell swears revenge.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

These people would spit on homeless vets because many of them have mental diseases instead of being rugged manly men with beards who Obama threw on the street from his Veter-O-Disenfranchise-Bot.

Republicans increasingly live in a world that would only make sense to a 1st grader.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

pathetic little tramp posted:

These people would spit on homeless vets because many of them have mental diseases instead of being rugged manly men with beards who Obama threw on the street from his Veter-O-Disenfranchise-Bot.

Republicans increasingly live in a world that would only make sense to a 1st grader.
Republicans basically think the world is an Ayn Rand/Left Behind crossover.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FAUXTON posted:

That's because the Quran lays out a fairly conservative tax code as long as you're a Muslim.

Collecting interest off of a loan is also haraam

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

VitalSigns posted:

I remember right-wing pundits saying all that poo poo (Malkin's "In Defense of Internment" came out in 2004)
Alex Jowns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqoyi6CAMc0&t=100s

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Did anyone fact check the 33000 homeless vets stat.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

It's actually more like 50k. But homeless people are extremely difficult to count accurately.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Collecting interest off of a loan is also haraam

As if what's written in holy texts has any impact on what people actually do/believe. Religion is a whiteboard for the things you were going to do anyway, it just lets you feel good about them. See: every religious person ever

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

It's actually more like 50k. But homeless people are extremely difficult to count accurately.

I guess we should practice our counting skills on them so we can be better prepared to accurately count the Muslims.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Locobono posted:

As if what's written in holy texts has any impact on what people actually do/believe. Religion is a whiteboard for the things you were going to do anyway, it just lets you feel good about them. See: every religious person ever

Islamic Banking has been A Thing since the 70s fyi

Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

These two turds deserve each other. Jones exemplifies the broken clock analogy here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

euphronius posted:

That much is true. If anything, the number is much higher. :smith:

• Locked thread