Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
You have to post the pictures with the captions that the artists give them.

"You have no idea how high I can fly."

"I drew it during a class."

"More like a snake but oh well"

"I was in a production of 'Guards! Guards' and drew a dragon into the cast photo."

"Everyone is so nice here, so I made another dragon!"

"Cute little high dragon."

There are a couple on here that are at least drawn with some technical skill, though. A couple are totally D&D manual artwork, and there is a pretty sweet 80s charm to that kind of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
I can't hate "notebook margin art." That's rad a. f.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!

RyokoTK posted:

"I was in a production of 'Guards! Guards' and drew a dragon into the cast photo."

That cast photo is itself gold: crappy costumes, the nerdiest looking people imaginable, and it looks like half the cast is mad at the other half, so they don't want to stand near each other. The picture quality looks like it was taken with a disposable camera. I like how depressed the orangutan costume looks and how depressed the person in it must be: "I'll hunch over and tuck one arm up, that's ape-like enough, right?"

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

CynCyanide posted:

it looks like half the cast is mad at the other half, so they don't want to stand near each other.
It looks like half the cast is like "gently caress it, just take the photo" and half the cast is busy bringing the whimsy and zaniness.

Is there a collective noun for backpfeifengesichter? A backhand of backpfeifengesichter? A roundhouse?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

TetsuoTW posted:

backpfeifengesichter
I'm imagining my fave right now, it's the fantasy of not seeing this goddamn Goon Word again.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

TetsuoTW posted:

It looks like half the cast is like "gently caress it, just take the photo" and half the cast is busy bringing the whimsy and zaniness.

Is there a collective noun for backpfeifengesichter? A backhand of backpfeifengesichter? A roundhouse?

Unlike schadenfreude, there's a perfectly fine English expression for this. It's "punchable face."

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I'm imagining my fave right now, it's the fantasy of not seeing this goddamn Goon Word again.

i like how your fave is so dunning-kreuger

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
bitcoin

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

dunning-kreugerrands?

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

deutch (carl) marks (force 4)

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Sorry for using a word in my joke remark.

sub supau fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 19, 2015

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

kalensc posted:

We talking legit mad like the MRAs, anti-vaxxers, and that "Subjugate your Wife because Reasons" type of epsiodes, or the jesus you're all insufferable twits like the childfree-hardcore and fat acceptance folks.

There were some people in that episode who made me legitimately angry, like the MRAs. Some were just amusing idiots like the mars people though.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
The "Can I legally kick my wife out of my parents' house?" guy is a case study that pure evil exists in this world.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I don't know if I'd classify him as evil, mostly because he seems so oblivious as opposed to actually malicious. An evil person wouldn't believe that raising a kid is cheaper and easier than paying child support.

Even if he is evil it's tempered with enough stupidity that he couldn't be actually harmful. He's living entirely off his wife's income and asks "how can I get rid of my financial support".

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

Either way, gently caress that guy.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

There was also that part where he was like "I want to steal away all the money in our bank account, preferably right after she gets paid." That whole thing sounded too ridiculously stupid to me to be a real thing, but either way that makes that person just as terrible for even thinking up something like this.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Nobody would ever troll the subreddit where people ask for legal advice under parachute accounts. And they certainly wouldn't do it enough to get hilariously good at it.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I mean, I have no problem believing that more or less everything else in the episode was genuine, but that post was such obvious (fantastic) storytelling.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

DemonTrigger posted:

There was also that part where he was like "I want to steal away all the money in our bank account, preferably right after she gets paid." That whole thing sounded too ridiculously stupid to me to be a real thing, but either way that makes that person just as terrible for even thinking up something like this.

I was a divorce lawyer. I have no trouble believing everything in this guy’s post was genuine. (Here are a couple of slightly exaggerated compendia of my client’s greatest hits: female client and male client.)

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

echopapa posted:

I was a divorce lawyer. I have no trouble believing everything in this guy’s post was genuine. (Here are a couple of slightly exaggerated compendia of my client’s greatest hits: female client and male client.)

:stare:

I'm only 3 minutes into the first, but I guess I underestimated what people with no understanding of the legal system think it can do.

EDIT:"...and if some guy puts his dick in her, it's like he's putting his dick in me, and that would make me gay."

DemonTrigger fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Nov 19, 2015

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Djeser posted:

I don't know if I'd classify him as evil, mostly because he seems so oblivious as opposed to actually malicious. An evil person wouldn't believe that raising a kid is cheaper and easier than paying child support.

Even if he is evil it's tempered with enough stupidity that he couldn't be actually harmful. He's living entirely off his wife's income and asks "how can I get rid of my financial support".

Yeah, he's a terrible person, but he's too stupid and oblivious to realize his plan will backfire hardcore, so I couldn't get too angry at him.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I was so curious what other poo poo that guy might have to say that I googled the thread, but he didn't use that account again. It's too bad, because it's a few years old now and I would love to hear how things turned out for his situation.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

RyokoTK posted:

You have to post the pictures with the captions that the artists give them.

"You have no idea how high I can fly."

"I drew it during a class."

"More like a snake but oh well"

"Everyone is so nice here, so I made another dragon!"

"Cute little high dragon."

There are a couple on here that are at least drawn with some technical skill, though. A couple are totally D&D manual artwork, and there is a pretty sweet 80s charm to that kind of stuff.

Well, this is my first dragon here :P Plz rate it...

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

echopapa posted:

:ducksiren:

Welp, I'm convinced.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
This Was a Tshirt Design

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

This Was a Tshirt Design

I didn't know dragons sniffed each other's asses

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

I Before E posted:

I didn't know dragons sniffed each other's asses

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

RyokoTK posted:

This Was a Tshirt Design

if you wouldn't wear this something's wrong with you

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad

echopapa posted:

I'm an actual Army veteran and the male client's bullshitting about his military service put a grin on my face.

quote:

"I heard my kids were sad while I was gone during training... Special Forces training."

You have to be at least E-4 before you can go out for Special Forces selection. If you pass selection, THEN you start training. In other words, you can't start Special Forces training eight months in.

quote:

"And so I asked my commanding officer if I could go home. And he said that I was doing real good and had done six years' worth of Army stuff in eight months so I could go home early."

More realistic: "And so I asked my commanding officer if I could go home. He laughed in my face for so long that I missed chow."

quote:

"Um, well, they don't keep [discharge records] for the Special Forces guys. Because it's secret."

HAHAHA WRONG AGAIN YOU GODDAMN LIAR

quote:

"And I lost all my medals and my papers and stuff in a boating accident."

And this is just... hm. Well, yeah, okay, that actually does happen all the time.

Edit: Okay I've listened to more and this can't be real. It can't be.

Squint fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 20, 2015

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

Squint posted:

Edit: Okay I've listened to more and this can't be real. It can't be.

More of it happened in real cases than you think, including at least one of the bullshit Army claims.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
I really hope they do another NaNoWriMo one. I love stupid people with terrible ideas for books.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

User-Friendly posted:

I really hope they do another NaNoWriMo one. I love stupid people with terrible ideas for books.
Better get it in the hopper before it's too late for this year.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Apparently an episode about a video game is dropping tonight and they're streaming the game tomorrow.
http://www.twitch.tv/thefplus

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
oh my god http://www.urthgame.com/

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

Oh my god. I remember when Vinesauce played that game. We're in for one hell of a ride.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
that is a geocities cult website oh geez this is gonna be amazing

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

And it's here!

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy
Yeah I put the doc together for this and that website is loving amazing. There's also like 6 related websites that are also completely full of crazy that I didn't even have time to touch on in the doc.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

That site posted:

Consider the Quick-Fix Group as sort of an Astral Shotgun on Transcendental Steroids.

They did send a poet :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009
Heh. I get it. Urth People. Heh heh.