Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Oh god Chivalry is so bad. I never saw what people saw in that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Sex Robot posted:

Yelling

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Sex Robot posted:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Sex Robot posted:

A pretty fun rear end, goofy knight game

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Chivalry is fun because you run around yelling and swinging swords at people

AGATHAAAAAAA!!!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Plus Black Knight servers rule, where you keep going despite missing limbs up until like your head falls off.

Spent a good bit of a round with no legs, just butt-scooting around and smashing people's shins with a mace.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Sex Robot posted:

the get huge mod is one of the funniest things I've ever played

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

I'm going to assume you were team killing because I am fairly sure FF is enabled on all servers and the thought of running up behind a team mate with a scottish claymore and hacking their head off out of nowhere turns me into a giggling wreck.

(And that your score is negative).

Post a video of this please.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ramadu posted:

the get huge mod is one of the funniest things I've ever played

I was a fan of the low grav servers when I last played (ages ago)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Context: A guy from an enemy faction in ESO tried to gank me in PvP along with two other goons while we were just minding our own business, twice.

I went down the first time and so did one of the other goons, our third party member ended up holding him back long enough for the guy to run out of resources and fall back, which was enough time to get a resurrection off on me. I resurrect just as the guy is coming back for another pass, and I make quick work of him. Stand up on his corpse and do /horn, which makes my toon whip out a horn and :toot: my rear end off because hey, I just made a comeback on him. After that we go about our business, fully expecting him to come back.

Second time he tries this, he goes down just as quickly. I do the same thing, :toot: on his corpse.

Moments later he sends that tirade of insults and rage at me, which had us laughing in guild chat afterwards.

What makes this all the more hilarious is that this dude was specifically out in this area of the game to gank unsuspecting people, usually waiting while they were engaged with NPCs in the area, which happened both times he tried to murder us, with the second time being one of the area bosses that we just managed to take out. On top of that, dude's a fully decked out character with a PvP rank of 25, while all of us were sub-5 (the character I was on hadn't done PvP until now), with myself not even being max level and just running basic leveling gear.

tl;dr - PvP no-lifer tries to gank 3 goons in a PvP area, gets murdered twice by what basically amounts to PvP novices, and basically loses his poo poo because I taunted over his dumb rear end corpse.

Put in other words:

tgidieday posted:

"I chose to pop out of stealth against superior numbers and lost. Do you even know how to play this game?"

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Why didn't you take him up on his offer and then 4v1 him again, taking his "stones" from him and also getting everyone to :toot: on his corpse?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Good lord does that game UI look terrible.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Why didn't you take him up on his offer and then 4v1 him again, taking his "stones" from him and also getting everyone to :toot: on his corpse?

I actually really wanted to do this since that would have meant getting 8,000 stones out of the deal, but I was about to leave in 10 minutes, and he would have probably taken that long to get back to try and gank us.

Oh, and the "stones" he's referring to are the area's form of "currency." You get it from either killing monsters in the area, looting chests, or, as you can probably guess, stealing it from other players by killing them (killing a player nets you 80% of their stone count, originally 100% but people cried on the forums). You can use it to buy end-game crafting materials which are going for a premium right now.

Firstborn posted:

Good lord does that game UI look terrible.

Works well enough for me. Base game UI for both PC and Consoles looks even worse.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Sacro posted:

Fun fact you can kill other players in town as a psychokino, and giant swing from barbarian also destroys peoples anvils. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L98lIZ5Z2s4

This is a korean game that is pretty much a new ragnarok online where there is no pvp yet people find a way.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Third World Reggin posted:

This is a korean game that is pretty much a new ragnarok online where there is no pvp yet people find a way.

All I saw:

http://youtu.be/WG42h8XiwvM

Bonald Farndhardt
Apr 18, 2005
Ye it up
Here's one of the better World of Warcraft griefs: This hunter joins a 40-person raid with a bunch of strangers. Hunters have a skill to be used out of combat that boosts your entire party's run speed by a lot, but if you take a single point of damage while it's active you get slowed way down instead. So at this boss fight when everyone's taking constant damage and has to run up a hallway against the wind and dodging tornadoes the whole time, it seems like an ideal time to boost their run speed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0G7nOBYEgU

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
The best grief is when you make make dumb choices in videogames, and then are the griefee, not the griefer.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
DanielfromSL plays Rust:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssr1PMSNvwk

"Oh, you have to turn on the bow first?"

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax
I just told a friend of mine that Eve Online is bad and he said "I don't want to talk to you anymore". Real life trolling.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

GentlemanBrofro posted:

I just told a friend of mine that Eve Online is bad and he said "I don't want to talk to you anymore". Real life trolling.
He's probably not an actual EVE Online player: actual players will readily acknowledge that the game is bad, while still playing it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

GentlemanBrofro posted:

A friend of mine has been trying to talk me into buying Star Citizen and got super defensive when I started telling him that everything is pointing towards it being a Bad Game. At least he didn't kickstart it and only started reading about the game in the last couple months.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Len posted:

A friend of mine has been trying to talk me into buying Star Citizen and got super defensive when I started telling him that everything is pointing towards it being a Bad Game. At least he didn't kickstart it and only started reading about the game in the last couple months.
Buyers remorse is a thing, unfortunately.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Len posted:

Just tell him you'll buy it when it's done, then you will never have to buy it.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Minarchist posted:

DanielfromSL plays Rust:

Intruder.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Minarchist posted:

DanielfromSL plays Rust:

I watched that and like, how oblivious can you be? Daniel just kept loving with this guy and he never caught on.

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

Tekopo posted:

He's probably not an actual EVE Online player: actual players will readily acknowledge that the game is bad, while still playing it.

He said stuff like "its a virtual economy thats being studied" and "you can do virtually anything" and I don't actually think he knows what he is talking about. I've never seen him play EVE ever.

edit: Should've asked him if he was mining bitcoins. Dang.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

kalstrams posted:

Buyers remorse is a thing, unfortunately.
When/if that game finally comes out it will be the largest-scale pool for studying buyer's remorse v. sunken cost.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

it's never coming out, the most enjoyment you will get out of it is reading the current star citizen thread and watching gaming's two greatest monsters (chris "the main cocaine" roberts vs dr derek "coke machine killa" smart esquire) duke it out in space court

though to be fair that's a hell of a lot of enjoyment

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Coolguye posted:

chris "the main cocaine" roberts vs dr derek "coke machine killa" smart esquire

Can you point out where/page DerekSmart joins the thread? I'm sort of a big fan :-).

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

DerekSmartymans posted:

Can you point out where/page DerekSmart joins the thread? I'm sort of a big fan :-).

He's the thread creator, hth

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DerekSmartymans posted:

...he has fans?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

DerekSmartymans posted:

I hope fan death is real

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

DerekSmartymans posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466
literally the OP, duder

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

I thought it was in the SC thread, not a new one. Thanks!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Pissing off streamers never gets old.

We pissed off FENGRUSH, a major ESO streamer (lol) last night when he was trying to take on our 12 man Imperial Sewers raid group solo. I basically motioned for him to follow us to a neutral location so he could have his fight, while the rest of the raid was stealthed up and ready to ambush him. And of course, as soon as he loaded through the door, 6 people stun-locked him into place while the rest of us murdered him. I had his stream going on my second monitor and the amount of rage he spat out when he got ambushed was absolutely hilarious. He ended up trying to hunt us down for a good thirty minutes before giving up too.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Len posted:

I'm 100% certain that you are wrong. There is no evidence to support the claim Star Citizen will be a bad game. You have to be a game to be a bad game.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

What about transgender sims? :colbert:

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Derek has SC locked down tight.

Is that a grief?

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

McGiggins posted:

Derek has SC locked down tight.

Is that a grief?

It's probably closer to a public service, though he does enjoy trolling a whole hell of a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Quill posted:

It's probably closer to a public service, though he does enjoy trolling a whole hell of a lot.

Derek Smart is a goon's goon. Welcome home. :patriot:

• Locked thread