Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
apoth is bloat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

KyloWinter posted:

apoth is bloat

Agreed. Let nuffle's will be done.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVV
You go through just about every game saving it in case someone important dies, its a ton of tv that you never use!
There's a reason everyone takes the apo. It's actually really good if you don't like having to replace important pieces all the time. :ssh:

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 17, 2015

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
My 1480TV Bret team disagrees. I have used the app multiple times to save a lvl 6 Blitzer from a start injury, and now even death.

However in a more balanced team I would agree with you.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Evernoob posted:

My 1480TV Bret team disagrees. I have used the app multiple times to save a lvl 6 Blitzer from a start injury, and now even death.

However in a more balanced team I would agree with you.

Play some skaven for a while and learn how useless the apo really is.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Just thought of something: If you keep your Bank at 150k (throw away extra cash by buying/selling staff) then you could in theory always buy an apo from inducements. Getting that 50k back from your earnings.

HMMMM.

Last night I turn 2 Fouled a 6Str Kroxigor with my Dirty Peasant (surrounded by 5 players) -> Injury : -1strength. HA!. I did get a red card but totally worth it!

PS : It was a lvl 2 Kroxi with 6str. If your very first roll on a Big Guy was a 12, would you take +STR? I'd go for Block ...

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Evernoob posted:

Just thought of something: If you keep your Bank at 150k (throw away extra cash by buying/selling staff) then you could in theory always buy an apo from inducements. Getting that 50k back from your earnings.

HMMMM.

But what on earth would be the point?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That's a hard choice, i'd want to go for block ideally, but a 6str krox is going to be a massive pain by being a double/triple red die for the enemy unless he commits four/five 3str units to it.

I'd probably go for strength just because I could punch the other big guy at the end of every turn for a laugh. Hell, I already give my block krox the ball every touchback. DINOBOWL

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Mr. Squishy posted:

But what on earth would be the point?

For min/maxing your team's value so that you get matched up against weaker opponents.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

So, is the implementation of Diving Tackle broken (in BB2) or did I miss a rules tidbit? Had my Saurus with it standing next to a Beastman and a Chaos Warrior. Chaos warrior tries to dodge away, I don't get asked whether or not to use DT. He fails, uses a reroll, again I don't get asked and this time he succeeds. Of course that turned out to be the blitz that allowed him to score in the same turn :negative:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Washout posted:

Play some skaven for a while and learn how useless the apo really is.

Ignore multiple injuries in case important rat gets hurt.

Reroll niggling injury, get death.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Perestroika posted:

So, is the implementation of Diving Tackle broken (in BB2) or did I miss a rules tidbit? Had my Saurus with it standing next to a Beastman and a Chaos Warrior. Chaos warrior tries to dodge away, I don't get asked whether or not to use DT. He fails, uses a reroll, again I don't get asked and this time he succeeds. Of course that turned out to be the blitz that allowed him to score in the same turn :negative:

Did your saurus end up on his rear end? Because if so then DT worked and the CW just rolled well.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Coolguye posted:

Did your saurus end up on his rear end? Because if so then DT worked and the CW just rolled well.

Nope, he remained just where he was, and I think the log mentioned that the dodges were just against the regular old 3+.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Ignore multiple injuries in case important rat gets hurt.

Reroll niggling injury, get death.

But are they really injuries? I guess the line rats curious tendency to change their names after getting hit does injure your bank account...

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Perestroika posted:

Nope, he remained just where he was, and I think the log mentioned that the dodges were just against the regular old 3+.

The game will only ask you about Diving Tackle if it's against a roll it would cause to fail. Something that would succeed anyways, like rolling a 6, doesn't proc it.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Perestroika posted:

I have a lot of DT on some of my teams. It works perfectly fine. It probably happened too fast for you to notice, but the first roll was probably a 1 or a roll that would have failed with out you using diving tackle, so he failed and gave you no prompt. The second dodge was probably a 5 or a 6, a roll that would have succeeded even if you did dive for him. So the game didnt give you a prompt because all DT would have done would have been to put your player on his rear end for no reason.

It's different that what you might be used to in BB1, but they actually got DT perfectly right this time around. The prompt ONLY appears when it would make a difference. So any time you see the DT prompt, it's basically asking you 'do you want to cause a turnover, y/n?' and you wont see the prompt if the dodge was a natural fail, or a roll too high for DT to matter.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Unless you play against elves, where it procs and you go "HAHAHA, gently caress YOU" only for dodge to activate and he gets around you anyway.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Jade Star posted:

I have a lot of DT on some of my teams. It works perfectly fine. It probably happened too fast for you to notice, but the first roll was probably a 1 or a roll that would have failed with out you using diving tackle, so he failed and gave you no prompt. The second dodge was probably a 5 or a 6, a roll that would have succeeded even if you did dive for him. So the game didnt give you a prompt because all DT would have done would have been to put your player on his rear end for no reason.

It's different that what you might be used to in BB1, but they actually got DT perfectly right this time around. The prompt ONLY appears when it would make a difference. So any time you see the DT prompt, it's basically asking you 'do you want to cause a turnover, y/n?' and you wont see the prompt if the dodge was a natural fail, or a roll too high for DT to matter.

Oh okay, that makes sense. I thought you'd have to choose whether to use it before the roll is actually made, not afterwards. That actually makes the skill even better than I thought. Thanks!

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

dogstile posted:

Unless you play against elves, where it procs and you go "HAHAHA, gently caress YOU" only for dodge to activate and he gets around you anyway.

I'm not 100% sure i'm remembering this perfectly, but I've diving tackled a player and caused what would have been a turn over, player kicks in a reroll and then rolls a 6 to dodge and escapes. During the rereoll rewind animation my dude stood back up and when the dodge reroll was made my dude did not dive again. No prompt was given, player stood on his feet. So DT triggered the first time and forced the team reroll and when he did reroll successfully, my guy stayed standing. Which if i recall correctly was not how it worked in BB1. If you DT'd the first dodge, you DT'd the reroll even if it wouldn't matter.

Also in news of concede bowl 2: Concede harder, I got great game in today. My 1600ish chaos, vs some 1450ish orcs. He receives the kick and lines up heavy to paste my los fodder. POMB orc on the line rolls double push, rereolls to dub skulls, concedes. Victory in 4 dice.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I've seen that too, turn 1 turnovers are almost guaranteed concedes (usually happens with their Big Guy who failed his loner reroll).

Easyest 10SPP and 100k credits ever. Also pretty much the only way I get SPP on my Brettonian blockers. (PS : Wrestle/Strip Ball combo is the best poo poo ever... add in Tackle and you're a monster)

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Evernoob posted:

I've seen that too, turn 1 turnovers are almost guaranteed concedes (usually happens with their Big Guy who failed his loner reroll).

Easyest 10SPP and 100k credits ever. Also pretty much the only way I get SPP on my Brettonian blockers. (PS : Wrestle/Strip Ball combo is the best poo poo ever... add in Tackle and you're a monster)

Now do that only on an AG4 player with leap and watch the fouls rain down.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Voyager I posted:

Now do that only on an AG4 player with leap and watch the fouls rain down.

I am usually the one fouling (usually around 3x per half whenever I can get 4 players around a prone opponent). But I don't do it out of spite or whatever, but its a core part of the strategy of my team.
When my opponent complaints it is lame, I just point out that getting MB/Claw/PO or is also to have a bigger chance at injuring players.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Evernoob posted:

I am usually the one fouling (usually around 3x per half whenever I can get 4 players around a prone opponent). But I don't do it out of spite or whatever, but its a core part of the strategy of my team.
When my opponent complaints it is lame, I just point out that getting MB/Claw/PO or is also to have a bigger chance at injuring players.

And if they say that fouling is different because it doesn't give spp, you can laugh at the concept of wanting peasant levels.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Peasants foul because they're dirty in both appearance AND nature!

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I gangfouled an ag5 dark elf blitzer until it died. Then I gangfouled all the elves until none were left on the pitch. Scoring sometimes isn't as interesting as stomping someone's sandcastle.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Perestroika posted:

Are you sure that's Diving Tackle and not Break Tackle on your Saurus? But yeah as said they implemented diving tackle so it's impossible to just lie your guy down for no effect, it's real nice.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

KyloWinter posted:

I gangfouled an ag5 dark elf blitzer until it died. Then I gangfouled all the elves until none were left on the pitch. Scoring sometimes isn't as interesting as stomping someone's sandcastle.

You're doing gods work son

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

EthanSteele posted:

Are you sure that's Diving Tackle and not Break Tackle on your Saurus? But yeah as said they implemented diving tackle so it's impossible to just lie your guy down for no effect, it's real nice.

I can think of a few scenarios where I'd want to fall down in someone's footsteps but it speeds the game up.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Evernoob posted:

When Jade Star streamed the other day, the guy he was playing with was obviously new and thought surfing was the same as fouling. Cue 10 minutes of the guy bitching about how fouling/surfing wasn't friendly and he wanted a nice friendly match before finally ragequitting after Jade actually fouled him. I think someone was gonna highlight it soon.

Fake Edit: yep here it is in all its noobish glory. http://www.twitch.tv/sa_jadestar/v/26682967

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Brainamp posted:

When Jade Star streamed the other day, the guy he was playing with was obviously new and thought surfing was the same as fouling. Cue 10 minutes of the guy bitching about how fouling/surfing wasn't friendly and he wanted a nice friendly match before finally ragequitting after Jade actually fouled him. I think someone was gonna highlight it soon.

Fake Edit: yep here it is in all its noobish glory. http://www.twitch.tv/sa_jadestar/v/26682967

Surfing doesn't give SPP.
It removes players, potentially injuring/killing them.
It is the same as fouling.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Victor Vermis posted:

Surfing doesn't give SPP.
It removes players, potentially injuring/killing them.
It is the same as fouling.

But without the risk of losing a player yourself (unless you let them stand on the sideline like a buffoon). So it's fouling, but better!

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

TheMcD posted:

But without the risk of losing a player yourself (unless you let them stand on the sideline like a buffoon). So it's fouling, but better!

I mean in regards to "WAAAH you're not trying to win/farm SPP, you're just trying to kill my guys!"

Admittedly I didn't watch the video but I think that was the issue.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
if you dont surf and foul liberally what are you even doing

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Afraid of Audio posted:

if you dont surf and foul liberally what are you even doing

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Victor Vermis posted:

I mean in regards to "WAAAH you're not trying to win/farm SPP, you're just trying to kill my guys!"

Admittedly I didn't watch the video but I think that was the issue.

You want to take a guess at his teams armor value?

I'll give you a hint, it starts with 7.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I surf when I can, but I rarely foul. Only time I've gone out of my way to foul is when I made gimmick teams full of throw-away linemen and enough for 2 bribes.

I think it's a case of I'd rather have a dude on the pitch giving a punching assist than a fouling assist.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I don't like fouling because I never get good results with it and it throws my players out of the game. At least with surfing I can get a player guaranteed out for the drive and usually don't face a countersurf.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
ban the ref

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
let me surf the ref

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Dear Penthouse, I never thought it would happen to me until one day I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Welp. Thats a concede all right.

• Locked thread