Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
the guardian is the best newspaper in the world, and their football coverage is also the best in the world

edit: except in their anti-corbyn phase, but luckily the football lads were not affected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

oliwan posted:

the guardian is the best newspaper in the world, and their football coverage is also the best in the world

edit: except in their anti-corbyn phase, but luckily the football lads were not affected

not entirely true, this gem was theirs:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/picture/2015/sep/15/david-squires-on-what-football-can-expect-under-jeremy-corbyns-reign-of-terror

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Eddie Howe
That young PE teacher who your never sure if he's an actual teacher, an assistant or still a student. He's probably a bit of a lad and he will probably end up going to the pub with the Sixth Formers.

Arsene Wenger
The creepy French teacher who got overlooked for the role of Head of Languages so skulks around the corridors muttering under his breath.

Remi Garde
Insufferably boring Maths teacher.

Jose Mourinho
The slightly more mental Deputy Headmaster who seems intent on publicly shaming school kids, probably chosen for the role to act as 'bad cop' for Headmaster Ranieri. The young students fear him but the Sixth Formers know his anger is a result of deep insecurity.

Alan Pardew
A geography teacher. Desperate to be 'down with the kids' but everybody finds him a little cringy. 

Roberto Martinez
Spanish teacher. Nice chap. Famed for his legendary Year 10 exchange trip.

Claudio Ranieri
Headmaster who everybody assumes is a nice guy even though they rarely see him or speak to him.

Jurgen Klopp 
Popular art teacher. Slightly mad in a way that only an art teacher can be. Great proponent of 'gegenpressing' which roughly translates as 'full throttle oil painting'.

Manuel Pellegrini
Probably the man who beat Arsene Wenger to the role of Head of Languages. Very similar men but Pellegrini smiles more.

Louis Van Gaal
Evil PE teacher with a sadistic streak. More than anything, despises having his authority questioned. The sort of man who has no problem telling 12 years olds to run 5k because they brought the wrong coloured socks. Probably resentful about having to work with Eddie Howe every day because he 'hasn't lived enough to teach'.

Steve McLaren
Slightly creepy Religious Studies teacher. Tells people off, but does it with a smile on his face which unnerves the students. Runs a Dutch A-level which is only taken by about 3 people.

Alex Neil
Scottish caretaker. 

Slaven Bilic
Head of the school canteen. Complete nutter. An urban myth passed down from year to year is that he sells illegally strong, alcoholic beverages imported from the Balkans, from the tuck shop. 

Would do the rest but I got bored and I have stuff to do with my life.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

jyrka posted:

In Estonia the guardian-types are called liberasts, which is a combination of liberal and pederast. It's very funny.

That owns. I'd like to immigrate.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

lol

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

that is so sick

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I am truly shocked.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Are these words?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gifBv4k5Ts

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

lmao I love claude

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

(Amazing)

claude owns

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
To me English football is a power game of individual strikers and Spanish a passing game requiring more than one person. Tiki Taka evolved due to the smaller average size of the Spaniards. But the English football as mock battle between villages advantaged size and force.

The English style prevails worldwide but the Spanish style has been copied by pro and nationals.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I love this

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Normally, people will admire the team that is on top of the league, and after a while this admiring will turn to jealousy and hatred.

We can see this down the years with Man Utd, Chelsea, and som ewhile ago, Arsenal.

Also you don’t need any second invitation to hate Man City for all their money destroying football, Ctrl c/ctrl v.

But however, should this current Arsenal team win the league, it will be pretty hard to hate them.

In it, you have the player that every fans want to be, Alexis Sanchez. Sheer grit and determination. Coupled with moment of brilliance, oh how everyone wished to be one.

Mesut Ozil, although always been regarded not working enough for the team, I believe the stats shows otherwise. I don’t know either those pundits were blind to see this. But the fans loved him. Quiet, and get the job done.

And Giroud? He’s no world beater, everybody knew that, but when he smiled, by the Hammer of Thor, the stars will just aligned and the world is one big happy place to be. Heck he should go and smile at the Gaza border – I believe he can sort things out there.

Plus the club are well run, Wenger is senile in a way, but he did produce the results, on and off the pitch. New stadium (nine years on now) is doing great too. Debts are being paid, and the club is moving towards a good direction.

It’s hard to hate Arsenal. Thoughts?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

chuggo is BACK posted:

Normally, people will admire the team that is on top of the league, and after a while this admiring will turn to jealousy and hatred.

We can see this down the years with Man Utd, Chelsea, and som ewhile ago, Arsenal.

Also you don’t need any second invitation to hate Man City for all their money destroying football, Ctrl c/ctrl v.

But however, should this current Arsenal team win the league, it will be pretty hard to hate them.

In it, you have the player that every fans want to be, Alexis Sanchez. Sheer grit and determination. Coupled with moment of brilliance, oh how everyone wished to be one.

Mesut Ozil, although always been regarded not working enough for the team, I believe the stats shows otherwise. I don’t know either those pundits were blind to see this. But the fans loved him. Quiet, and get the job done.

And Giroud? He’s no world beater, everybody knew that, but when he smiled, by the Hammer of Thor, the stars will just aligned and the world is one big happy place to be. Heck he should go and smile at the Gaza border – I believe he can sort things out there.

Plus the club are well run, Wenger is senile in a way, but he did produce the results, on and off the pitch. New stadium (nine years on now) is doing great too. Debts are being paid, and the club is moving towards a good direction.

It’s hard to hate Arsenal. Thoughts?

Bet this was written by a United fan

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Sandwolf posted:

Bet this was written by a United fan

- Syfq Amr (a biased Gooner)

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

chuggo is BACK posted:

- Syfq Amr (a biased Gooner)

Don't sign your posts

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
, Ctrl c/ctrl v

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
http://toptenslides.com/sports/top-10-fattest-players-in-premier-league-history/

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Actually lol'd at this.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

haram<3turkey

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

This will fix the internets.

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

new tmp background found

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
new av spotted

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gunners fans start crowdfund project to pay Messi's reported £600,000-a-week wages

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Mods, rename me "Leo Messi's Patreon"!

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

That's some great maths mr newspaper man, I didn't realise £600k a week adds up to a £1 billion contract.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Brendan Rodgers posted:

That's some great maths mr newspaper man, I didn't realise £600k a week adds up to a £1 billion contract.

he's a writer for independent, maths make you overqualified for that gig

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A Millwall fan has explained his decision to name his baby son Bermondsey Millwall Den Bloomfield without telling his wife first.

Mike Bloomfield, a life-long supporter who now lives in Croydon, told Southwark News he made the decision without the agreement of his wife, Kelly, saying it would be “a good way to get the next generation involved”.

He told the newspaper: “If David Beckham can name his son Brooklyn, then I can name mine Bermondsey. I just love Millwall … One of the women at the registry office was a Millwall fan and she loved it when she saw what we are going to name him. I threatened to do it but I don’t think my wife believed me! I’m not sure how she’s going to react.”

His wife later told the paper the name was “growing on me … He was a bit frightened to come home. I’m coming around to it though and I quite like it. I think he looks a bit like a Bermondsey and it’s definitely unique. I don’t think anyone else has got a name like that.

“The funny thing is that we actually live in Croydon and are surrounded by Crystal Palace fans. Our friends who are Palace fans say that they’re just going to call him Dave instead.”

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Chilean coach on possession
https://mobile.twitter.com/atosoccer/status/667110299686817792/photo/1

Wrong thread?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That quote is pretty great if it's real

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Wrong thread.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Extremely

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax