Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

YggiDee posted:

That dimension is endless and the more obnoxious boss gimmicks are removed.
You already beat the game by that point though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

YggiDee posted:

You only ever have to fight/defeat the floor 500 boss once, as after that you can just skip it via wizard and you probably should be running the 500+ floors instead for the superior items. The Warrior dimension is D11, after you get all the Essence Relics. That dimension is endless and the more obnoxious boss gimmicks are removed.

If you're running it as an idler with a Ragezerker (or more than one I guess), it makes sense to start at 1 to maximize the Ragezerker attack bonuses. Maybe they specifically put in the 500 boss to stop that, but I can't think of why they would, because as you mention it's not exactly like it's amazing time-wise for getting sweet loot. It's just a passive way to get a nice chunk of change and maybe some nicer items by wrecking balling through the later floors with 2-3x your starting attack. Or it would if it weren't for dumb boss gimmicks that require a special team just for that floor, and even then the nine floors before it are more of a pain to clear because of the need for the gimmick crap. Clearing floors 498 and 499 with four healers and something else is a chore.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Yeah, level 500 is a big ol' stop sign for the AI. Even if there are healers in your party, they'll never use their heal offensively. That said, once you reach it once on auto-battle, you can whip up a party to manually beat the boss, then skip it via wizard thereafter.

I've been experimenting with my party some more. Currently I'm liking three Healers, a Thief, and a Knight. If someone doesn't get one-shot, you can pull things back from the brink very quickly, and the Thief and Knight can put their special abilities to good use even on autopilot. And the Healers may not have much attack power on their own, but you can easily fix that with gear. I'm currently favoring having one Healer loaded for maximum MP, the other Healers loaded for attack power (at least one using the sleep-inducing weapon I forget the name of, then Forks when I run out of those), the Thief with the gold-generating equipment, and the Knight focused on HP and damage reduction. I give everybody but my second healer Hero's Blood, give that Hero a Magic Potion, and give the Thief a Gold Magnet for her second slot.

Mind you, that's the party I actively control when I'm ready to make the push past a boss. For autorunning early levels, I replace one Healer with a Ragezerker in the first slot (for maximum attack boosting). Once I get past the level 500 bump with the active-control party, if I want to grind the upper levels I replace the Magic Potion (which the AI won't use) with another Hero's Blood. So far it's working well!

e:

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Clearing floors 498 and 499 with four healers and something else is a chore.

My active party above can get the job done without too much difficulty. Yes, you won't be doing damage to the boss terribly quickly, given the need to heal, but if you gear everyone but one Healer offensively, you'll cut through those nine floors before swiftly. Then it's just a matter of continuing to burn down her adds; I tried leaving one alive so she wouldn't summon more, but she hits harder than they do, so best to force her to keep summoning. You could also gear the healers for more magic damage (incidentally, does that also buff their healing amount?), and you can probably skip the Hero's Blood on all but your first Healer, letting you equip things that'll improve your damage output.

FredMSloniker fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 19, 2015

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I spent my day at work queuing up dudes and just letting them go. I couldn't really micro them because I had things to do but I ended up with a shitload of gold and a team of healer, three thieves, and a knight made it to floor 270 on auto which kind of shocked me.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Magic Damage% only impacts their group heals, the single-target is a heal equivalent to the caster's max HP. I don't really like using Ragezerkers, but I'm definitely getting a lot of use out of the Dark Mage.

Also, there's a really nice shield I found that blocks status effects, slap one of those and an Anti-Magic bottle on your healer and you more or less have a perpetual healing device.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

YggiDee posted:

Magic Damage% only impacts their group heals, the single-target is a heal equivalent to the caster's max HP.

Cool. So equip HP+ stuff as well as MP+ stuff.

Also, Soda Dungeon updated for me, so Fork nerf is in. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. Assassin Daggers for all!

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

How do you beat the level 400 boss with his bullshit reform?

Edit: Darkmages, poison and war of attrition.

JayKay fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 19, 2015

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

JayKay posted:

I just outdamaged him, I guess? I had it autobattling while I was driving, and when I got where I was going, they'd beaten the boss for me.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Where is the Ragezerker unlock? I was hoping for the 100k unlock but no cigar. Also do merchants do anything?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Snowmankilla posted:

Where is the Ragezerker unlock? I was hoping for the 100k unlock but no cigar. Also do merchants do anything?

VIP Section, 500k for Ragezerker

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Snowmankilla posted:

Merchants have a passive that earns you more money and a special ability called 50/50 that will, half of the time, cut a mob's HP in half. Unlike other special abilities, it's fueled by gold, 500 a shot. I haven't earned their relic yet, so I don't know what that brings to the table. I haven't used them at all, actually. I guess their ability would be useful against later bosses?

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Merchant is good vs bosses, yeah. You can defend, heal, and/or stack some statuses on a boss while your Merchant flips coins a few times and cuts 75%+ of the boss's health, then have a pretty easy time of it. Their AI is kind of dumb and likes using it for like 80 damage, but 500g is peanuts by the time you unlock the Merchant, and he pays for himself with his passive.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

FredMSloniker posted:

Merchants have a passive that earns you more money and a special ability called 50/50 that will, half of the time, cut a mob's HP in half. Unlike other special abilities, it's fueled by gold, 500 a shot. I haven't earned their relic yet, so I don't know what that brings to the table. I haven't used them at all, actually. I guess their ability would be useful against later bosses?

The Merchant Relic gives them a skill that does their regular attack damage to all enemies for 1000$. I don't know if it's any good because they only get one accessory slot, so they're pretty low priority to me.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
A few bosses also take a stright 500 damage from burning status.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

mrkillboy posted:

Horizon Chase, an arcade racer inspired by 80s/90s racing games like OutRun, Lotus Challenge and (especially) Top Gear for SNES is now out for Android. As someone who played tons of Top Gear as a kid I've been looking forward to playing this ever since it hit iOS a few months ago. Also the soundtrack is pretty rad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30IfxafIYWA

I was playing it just now. Pretty good game.
The soundtrack is from the same composer of Top Gear, Barry Leitch. You can recognize his style right away if you played Top Gear, TFX, Utopia and etc.
Also the devs are from my town. :coolspot:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The sequel to sweaty man simulator Real Boxing, Real Boxing 2: Creed is out, this time with a Rocky license in tow. The game shows up as incompatible with all my devices (Nexus 7 2013 and Xperia Z2) however.

Last Horizon, a space survival/exploration game that seems like an arcadey take on Out There's premise, is also out. edit: ugh, its locked in portrait mode which kind of ruins it.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 20, 2015

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
Works on my Edge.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Random Seven Knights talk

If any goon playing and under 14 days, without your Guide quest cleared add IGN:uguu

I can send people free 5* dudes as a gift.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

JayKay posted:

Yea, seriously, gently caress that boss.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
For what it's worth, the Dhronen lvl 2 is busted on the current build. Dhronen 1 inflicts statuses, Dhronen 2 says it does but doesn't.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I've hit a brick wall in the form of the level 700 boss. His first action is to eliminate all non-Fighters from the group, and while I can get four Fighters through the previous floors with Healer backup, they can't out-damage him. I'm guessing the solution is to stack evade until he can't actually touch them, so where do I grind that kind of gear?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

JayKay posted:

How'd you do it? I don't have anything that puts poison on anything.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

FredMSloniker posted:

I've hit a brick wall in the form of the level 700 boss. His first action is to eliminate all non-Fighters from the group, and while I can get four Fighters through the previous floors with Healer backup, they can't out-damage him. I'm guessing the solution is to stack evade until he can't actually touch them, so where do I grind that kind of gear?

You could just grind stats to damage race him, that's how I got past. Otherwise, I guess Ninja Suit, Kelvium, Dragon Shield, Remora's Feather (I think you can get it by then?) would get you the most dodge chance with some reflect to boot.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

twistedmentat posted:

Grind up for Darkmages, their magic attack poisons.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

YggiDee posted:

Grind up for Darkmages, their magic attack poisons.

ah nice. I just got them, and my party has been fighting him for nearly an hour. The biggest problem i have is the healers run out of mp and you can only use the mp pots once.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

ah nice. I just got them, and my party has been fighting him for nearly an hour. The biggest problem i have is the healers run out of mp and you can only use the mp pots once.

I thought it was like anything else, and only limited to once fight? I haven't tried them yet, so I don't know.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

FredMSloniker posted:

Alternative: Use Essences to jack up the Fighter's relic (which increases their stats). Then equip high-crit weapons like Forks or Assassin's Daggers. Repeat as needed until he drops.

twistedmentat posted:

How'd you do it? (400 boss) I don't have anything that puts poison on anything.

You can, however, get the Dhronen sword by that point which might put Burn on him and do 500 damage after his 650 heal. (I forget if that one's burn-vulnerable or not.) That should let you overwhelm him, especially since you don't have to worry about healing yourself once he starts Reforming over and over. Alternatively, grind out 100K gold and buy the soda for the Darkmage, which has a cheap confuse/poison spell. If you focus on raw damage (aka crits) you shouldn't have a big problem even without poison.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

twistedmentat posted:

Stack up on Merchants and Zeno's Paradox him to death.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I tried to dark mage him, and i hit them with their spell, and no poison damage. I'll try the merchant method.

And my party can't even beat the middle boss. Great.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hey, is Civ Rev 2 worth it? I just spent the night playing and getting back into Civ 5, and while I know generally Rev isn't nearly as detailed, I enjoyed it on 360, and even the DS version, to a point.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hey, is Civ Rev 2 worth it? I just spent the night playing and getting back into Civ 5, and while I know generally Rev isn't nearly as detailed, I enjoyed it on 360, and even the DS version, to a point.

Its annoying because a modern phone could handle a straight port of Civ2 at least, if not civ3 or 4.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

I tried to dark mage him, and i hit them with their spell, and no poison damage. I'll try the merchant method.

And my party can't even beat the middle boss. Great.

If you click on a party member's stats while in the tavern, then click on the little '?' next to their picture, it tells you more info on that class's abilities. Dark Mage's ability says it can poison OR confuse, and sometimes neither, actually. Poison lasts for ~3 turns, so as long as your Dark Mages can poison 1/3 of the time on average it should cut off like 80% of his heal's effectiveness.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Locke Dunnegan posted:

If you click on a party member's stats while in the tavern, then click on the little '?' next to their picture, it tells you more info on that class's abilities. Dark Mage's ability says it can poison OR confuse, and sometimes neither, actually. Poison lasts for ~3 turns, so as long as your Dark Mages can poison 1/3 of the time on average it should cut off like 80% of his heal's effectiveness.

Yea, I figured they were just RNGing up confuse or nothing constantly. I also have really crappy gear. Best armors i have are 2* demons.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Get better gear! Level yer relics!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

For soda dungeon gold relic is the most important relic. Once you have the well gold=power. So getting more gold make you more powerful more quickly. I usually have a full team with gold shields until i actually want to be the boss.

That is why someone was suggestiong buying the +gold pet with real life money early on.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Okay, grind gold, pour it into the well, buy the fighter relic up. Got it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Anyone here playing Dragon Mania Legends and know if I uninstall the game, I'll lose progress? I've run into a nasty bug where 3/4ths of my dragons appear as placeholders, eggs as placeholders, making the game unplayable. I'd love to uninstall and reinstall, but I don't want to do it if I'll lose progress.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

FredMSloniker posted:

Okay, grind gold, pour it into the well, buy the fighter relic up. Got it.

You get one turn of battle before the boss knocks out your non-fighters, so if you really want to go for broke, bring three or four Merchants. See if you can knock his HP down to 1/8th or 1/16th before the nasty bit starts.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Kelvium is the best sword in Soda Dungeon i've found, is that it, or is there anything higher than that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

twistedmentat posted:

Its annoying because a modern phone could handle a straight port of Civ2 at least, if not civ3 or 4.

What I wouldn't give for ports of those on my tablet. The closest thing is FreeCiv which just has the worst UI and is fairly impenetrable.